Page 236 of 271 FirstFirst ... 136186226232233234235236237238239240246 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,540 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    The cartoons do a good job of portraying Clark like he is in the comic books. The movies lately really haven't. And that's such a shame. Kent is an American icon for Pete's sakes! I thought Batman was campy as **** back in the 60s.
    Batman in comics in the Golden age was very murderous though. And campy Batman was the TV show. The comics didn't have that until later and gave it it's own universe tag. So it's also not main canon, and never was.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Batman in comics in the Golden age was very murderous though. And campy Batman was the TV show. The comics didn't have that until later and gave it it's own universe tag. So it's also not main canon, and never was.
    Batman was murderous?! I didn't know that! I'm not sure I like that. I don't mind a "mean" Batman. But I do object to an "evil" one. And trust me, Affleck's Batman was VERY evil in my opinion.

Batman was murderous?! I didn't know that! I'm not sure I like that. I don't mind a "mean" Batman. But I do object to an "evil" one. And trust me, Affleck's Batman was VERY evil in my opinion.
    It's just that back during the 30s and 40s they didn't seem to have a hold on the heroic thing. So they'd have him drop villains to their death. Supes did it too. Which is partially why they rewrote the universe with Crisis.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 12-09-2020 at 09:18 AM.

It's just that back during the 30s and 40s they didn't seeem to have a hold on the heeoic thing. So they'd have him drop villains to their death. Supes did it too. Which is partially why they rewrote the universe with Crisis.
    So Superman and Batman were basically the Punishers of their eras before WWII? INTERESTING. Look, not all heroes should be goody-two-shoes, but I do think they should care just a LITTLE bit about civilian casualties and collateral damage during their fights. Superman simply did NOT care at all in his last DCEU movie, and I hated it. And you know what's funny, I love plenty of action and adventure in my superhero movies and shows. But in that Batman vs Superman movie there was so much of it that it actually became BORING. That was really weird. I literally would rather watch Wanda lecture Vision about his cooking for an hour than watch all that ****.

Marvel is teasing some universal rebirth after the Phoenix Event https://comicbook.com/comics/news/ma...r-the-phoenix/

So they could relaunch or reboot. Relaunch is probably most likely. Since they like to keep dragging around 80 year old canon that they are bad at keeping track of. Nor seem to be able to timeline in any way remotely believable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The only possible "reboot" for her would be to go back to being a mutant/Magneto's daughter, is that what you want?
    I would hate that because I don't want Wanda's dad to look like Mel Brooks or Larry King!

So Superman and Batman were basically the Punishers of their eras before WWII? INTERESTING. Look, not all heroes should be goody-two-shoes, but I do think they should care just a LITTLE bit about civilian casualties and collateral damage during their fights. Superman simply did NOT care at all in his last DCEU movie, and I hated it. And you know what's funny, I love plenty of action and adventure in my superhero movies and shows. But in that Batman vs Superman movie there was so much of it that it actually became BORING. That was really weird. I literally would rather watch Wanda lecture Vision about his cooking for an hour than watch all that ****.
    This was a grittier era. The Super hero genre was in it's infancy. So the typical superhero guidelines hadn't been established yet. This was also pre-Comic Book Authority code. And these were the creators of the characters. So it wasn't like someone new came in and got them wrong.

It's just like Wonder Woman's comic depicted her and everyone else being very into BDSM. Old DC was more raw.

This was a grittier era. The Super hero genre was in it's infancy. So the typical superhero guidelines hadn't been established yet. This was also pre-Comic Book Authority code. And these were the creators of the characters. So it wasn't like someone new came in and got them wrong.

It's just like Wonder Woman's comic depicted her and everyone else being very into BDSM. Old DC was more raw.
    I think all-ages comics are better than what you are talking about here. I'm glad Disney is going this route for the shows and movies. I dislike the current Batman and Joker movies DC are releasing. They're really bleak. I don't want them to go back to the darkness of the 30s and 40s. I don't like it when Daredevil leaves criminals on railroads so trains can split them in half like in that Daredevil movie twenty years ago. I mean I get that they're bad dudes, but I thought Murdock was above that ****. And Garfield's Spider-Man just LET the Rhino MURDER a bunch of people in one of his flicks and basically was pretty chill about it afterwards. That's very wrong in my opinion. BDSM Wonder Woman sounds pretty interesting though.

WANDAVISION EASTER EGGS REVEALED! Trailer Countdown & Official Posters Breakdown!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o20_W73oOuc

I am glad that Wanda has people sticking up for her.

I believe Wanda appeared in Strange Academy # 6

Regarding SWORD, it looks like Magneto seems reluctant to accept that Wanda is now called the "pretender"
    I understand the reactions of Teddy and Billy, but also those of the mutants
    Teddy and Billy have the right to protest, but mutants, directly targeted by the curse, have the right to refuse to forgive

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So, the S.W.O.R.D. thing has a good and a bad side. The bad side is, obviously, spoilers:
    the idea that she is considered an enemy of the state by Krakoa.
    end of spoilers HOWEVER, by showing that spoilers:
    Hulkling and, by extension, the Kree/Skrull Empire are on Wanda's side
    end of spoilers, I think Ewing is actually subverting the idea that the reader should see Wanda as a monster, because I don't think he would want those characters to come off as being in the wrong, judging by how they were written in Empyre. I think it's refreshing to see this take coming from an X-title and, honestly, it's what we needed if they were gonna keep bringing up Wanda. It's nice that SOMEONE is challenging Krakoa's vision and not just blindly going along with everything they say.

Also, can we all agree now that the e-mails Wanda received in Strange Academy were definitely not considered canon by the X-Office? There is no way Beast and Magneto would've invited Wanda to Krakoa in a friendly manner under those circumstances shown in S.W.O.R.D., unless you wanna hop on the conspiracy theory that they were trying to lure her with cruel intentions.

Astonishing Member

Let’s be honest, Beast has been depicted as enough of a self-righteous monster the last few years that I can totally buy it

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    I believe Wanda appeared in Strange Academy # 6

Regarding SWORD, it looks like Magneto seems reluctant to accept that Wanda is now called the "pretender"
    I understand the reactions of Teddy and Billy, but also those of the mutants
    Teddy and Billy have the right to protest, but mutants, directly targeted by the curse, have the right to refuse to forgive
    Does she do anything in that issue?

OMG I just love when I win Wanda & Mutant drama is what I was talking abouts yesterday now I'm interested in her again this is neat.