Page 244 of 271 FirstFirst ... 144194234240241242243244245246247248254 ... LastLast
Results 3,646 to 3,660 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Master Pandemonium is a medicore villain and not really fun in any sense or form, personally he should be ignored along with Mephisto.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Never cared for Pandemonium

Same. He was just some weirdo pawn for Mephisto in the story. There's nothing about him that would need to be there for the boys' nor Wanda and Vision's story to take place.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    After watching the Loki and WandaVision trailers it looks to me that they really might bring Strange, Loki and Wanda together in some sort of magical film for Strange 2. I wasn't too thrilled with Loki returning AGAIN, but I liked the idea that he was D.B. Cooper in that trailer of his. I know you HATE true crime, but be honest the case of D.B. Cooper is absolutely fascinating and totally mysterious. A dude dressed like James Bond ordering bourbons and calmly demanding a huge ransom for hijacking a plane, and then even MORE calmly parachuting out of it in the middle of a blinding rainstorm with $200,000 never to be heard from again is REALLY compelling stuff. That was not fiction, it actually happened. And I'm thrilled that Loki is referencing that bizarre story. And this was a crime where nobody actually got hurt (except for perhaps the FBI's feelings). One of the greatest heists in American history.

Anyhoo, I found a great article that did some first-class analyzing of the latest WandaVision trailer (he asked some excellent questions):

https://www.slashfilm.com/new-wandav...ler-breakdown/
    I don't like most crime films or shows because they are all repetitive. But I could use some magic characters working together.

About the article. I doubt Woo is working with whomever is messing with Wanda. I think whomever is doing it has a lot of power and is out of Woo's wheel well and association. He seems to be wanting to help Wanda.

The Mind stone was never destroyed. The stones were reduced down to micro-size according to the Russos.

There are theories that Herb is the High Evolutionary. With that and the picture of the mountain on the one poster, this is likely covering at least some of Nights of Wundagore.

Extraordinary Member

We can't be completely certain that the "who is doing this to you?" question isn't a misdirection. It could just be Wanda's own powers unconsciously causing all this.

I hope there's a villain behind it because apart from being too much like Avengers Disassembled/House of M, it would be really boring if the big reveal was that Wanda tapped into too much power and it went awry. Still, it's too early to tell.

The scene of Wanda and Vision trying to defend their home from the invaders seems like the biggest influence so far from Vision's solo series, where he took on all the Avengers to try and get revenge on Victor.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Is Agnes supposed to be a renamed Agatha Harkness? Can’t be that much of a coincidence if she’s also supposedly a witch. Why would they change her name?
    One speculation is that they changed the name so not everyone would know her role in the story (hardcore comics fans have mostly guessed it, others may not know yet).

Plus, and this is just my speculation, maybe they started developing the series before they knew whether they would get the Fantastic Four rights back, and Agatha was probably bundled in with them. If they hadn't got the rights back they might have created a similar character with a different name.
    Last edited by gurkle; 12-12-2020 at 10:12 PM.

We can't be... but there's the synopsis also that hints at the same thing. And those generally aren't misleading. They aren't like comics covers.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't like most crime films or shows because they are all repetitive. But I could use some magic characters working together.

About the article. I doubt Woo is working with whomever is messing with Wanda. I think whomever is doing it has a lot of power and is out of Woo's wheel well and association. He seems to be wanting to help Wanda.

The Mind stone was never destroyed. The stones were reduced down to micro-size according to the Russos.

There are theories that Herb is the High Evolutionary. With that and the picture of the mountain on the one poster, this is likely covering at least some of Nights of Wundagore.
    Ever thought of killing your partner for his life insurance money? I know life insurance is a dull topic for many people, but it's like the motivation for some 90 percent of the true crime shows out there. So I get what you're saying about the repetitiveness.

I also doubt Woo would want to harm Wanda. He seemed like a good dude. I kind of doubt a "youth pastor" would be too keen to work with hellish demonic creatures in my view. I guess if the Mind Stone was not destroyed, maybe Wanda could put it back together somehow.

I wonder what the guys in the beehive suits were doing. Not friendly looking at all. I think they might be working for the bad guys.

A magical team-up would be a first in the MCU. It would be very fun to watch. I think all the shows look great, to tell you the truth. I'm actually really curious about the She-Hulk one. I definitely think Banner will have a big role in it. I wouldn't mind if Murdock showed up THERE instead of Spider-Man 3. Walters is like a "My Cousin Vinny" type lawyer and Matt is more like a "A Few Good Men" type attorney. A good balance of personalities. But the Falcon and Winter Soldier series looks like it's going the full QUIPPY route for sure. Which is great. Same with Loki. Not so much for WandaVision. Even though it looks funny, it definitely has a "drama" feel to it.

For the High Evolutionary (if he is Herb) to say the words "hey buddy" is pretty funny.

I must say that Loki trailer COMPLETELY changed my mind about him coming back. I thought his fakeout deaths were getting really annoying and his series was the one I was least interested in watching. But to see him play real-life historical figures traveling through time sounds like so much fun. Just blew my mind. I hope he, Strange and Wanda get together later.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-13-2020 at 09:10 PM.

Same. He was just some weirdo pawn for Mephisto in the story. There's nothing about him that would need to be there for the boys' nor Wanda and Vision's story to take place.
    I was just kidding about the Pandemonium stuff. That would be WAY too far-fetched, even by MCU standards. I do think Wanda and Vision will end up fighting external foes to protect their family at the end of the show. I'm starting to think that Harkness might survive the show because Marvel Studios probably needs her for the Fantastic Four later. I must say I am VERY happy Vision is keeping his android form when he's alone with Wanda. I just feel bad for Bettany that he has to endure more hours in make-up chairs.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-12-2020 at 10:47 PM.

Scarlet Witch and Magneto Have Marvel's Most COMPLICATED Relationship
    https://www.cbr.com/scarlet-witch-ma...-relationship/

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Scarlet Witch and Magneto Have Marvel's Most COMPLICATED Relationship
    https://www.cbr.com/scarlet-witch-ma...-relationship/
    Do people realize that's not an image of Magneto, Wanda and Pietro?

Extraordinary Member

Do people realize that's not an image of Magneto, Wanda and Pietro?
    Remind me of that Stephen/Wanda/Loki team up pic everyone seemed to be using.

Remind me of that Stephen/Wanda/Loki team up pic everyone seemed to be using.
    It more accurately reminds me of when they use the Loki as Wanda in Sif's body images from Mighty Avengers.

Master Pandemonium is a medicore villain and not really fun in any sense or form, personally he should be ignored along with Mephisto.
    I would prefer to have Wanda fight with opponents that have more historical ties to her, but I have a FEELING that Mephisto will show up in WandaVision. And that's not because of the twin boys. I think it's because of the series' ties to Loki, Strange 2, and Spider-Man 3. Before I came onto this thread, I still thought that Mary Jane was Peter's missus! I've since discovered that Mephisto "helped" them get a really unconventional divorce. There's a devilish figure in that church window in the Loki trailer that looks a lot like Mephisto. And there are rumors (which have strong foundations in my view) that Spider-Man 3 will adapt the extremely controversial "One More Day" storyline in a really loose manner. I believe that story was about secret identities and Mephisto was involved somehow (I haven't actually read the Spidey books in question). I could be wrong, but I think that's the direction the MCU is headed in. Maybe that's why Strange (who has tangled with Mephisto plenty of times) will need Loki and Wanda to help him deal with Mephisto's minions.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-14-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I would prefer to have Wanda fight with opponents that have more historical ties to her, but I have a FEELING that Mephisto will show up in WandaVision. And that's not because of the twin boys. I think it's because of the series ties to Loki, Strange 2, and Spider-Man 3. Before I came onto this thread, I still thought that Mary Jane was Peter's missus! I've since discovered that Mephisto "helped" them get a really unconventional divorce. There's a devilish figure in that church window in the Loki trailer that looks a lot like Mephisto. And there are rumors (which have strong foundations in my view) that Spider-Man 3 will adapt the extremely controversial "One More Day" storyline in a really loose manner. I believe that story was about secret identities and Mephisto was involved somehow (I haven't actually read the Spidey books in question). I could be wrong, but I think that's the direction the MCU is headed in. Maybe that's why Strange (who has tangled with Mephisto plenty of times) will need Loki and Wanda to help him deal with Mephisto's minions.
    I just keep going back to how they were talking about Wanda's real source of her powers that are yet untapped. And with the teaser of the mountain and "Herb" that it might be Chthon at least first. Mephisto is able to manipulate realities, but I want Wanda linked to the elder god she's supposed to be. And not Mephisto being linked to everything. But this is the same studio that links the stones to everything too. I'd nope the eff out of them having Mephisto being that power source. If he is there, have it be relative to the kids, but not central to Wanda. Because that's garbo.

I've actually been thinking recently, about how they could make Chthon a part of her origin while still having Mephisto or Nightmare. We know that Agatha(well, Agnes) is a witch, there are leaked pics of her back in Salem or something with a bunch of other witches. One of them from these blurry pics looked a lot like Lizzie, and I've always thought it could be that she's playing Wanda's mother or an ancestor.

Basically where I'm going at is that I think they will be giving Wanda a magic/witchcraft retcon, saying she comes from a line of witches like in the comics or that somehow her powers are the same/similar as from the old witches at least. In a lot of witch stories, their power comes from some kind of demon or old gods. That's basically where Chthon would come. Either witches in general or at least Wanda and/or her bloodline could have magic powers that come from Chthon. He wouldn't actually be a physical presence, only a known source of power, which avoids posession bullshit.

Meanwhile, Mephisto/Nightmare(who are more humanoid characters anyway) would be interested in Wanda for having such power, trying to manipulate her to use it for their own means.

I've been wanting them to establish Chthon as the real father for a bit. Because it would fit with Natalya being murdered by Wanda and Pietro's father. And Chthon is pure evil.

I just keep going back to how they were talking about Wanda's real source of her powers that are yet untapped. And with the teaser of the mountain and "Herb" that it might be Chthon at least first. Mephisto is able to manipulate realities, but I want Wanda linked to the elder god she's supposed to be. And not Mephisto being linked to everything. But this is the same studio that links the stones to everything too. I'd nope the eff out of them having Mephisto being that power source. If he is there, have it be relative to the kids, but not central to Wanda. Because that's garbo.
    I would be happy if Mephisto MCGuffin never appeared in the MCU. Chthon should be responsible for any magical powers Wanda has