Page 245 of 271 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249255 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I've been wanting them to establish Chthon as the real father for a bit. Because it would fit with Natalya being murdered by Wanda and Pietro's father. And Chthon is pure evil.
    If not the real dad (it would be too similiar to Teen Titan's Raven), maybe the dad was a follower of Chthon, who killed Natalya once she had served his master's purpose of having children, which Chthon could use as vessels later.

It's sad that the most recent (well some years ago) Scarlet Witch comic ignored all the stuff and origin story of Wanda related to Chthon

I hope if Darkhold ever gets released, we see some of that
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 12-14-2020 at 04:11 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I just keep going back to how they were talking about Wanda's real source of her powers that are yet untapped. And with the teaser of the mountain and "Herb" that it might be Chthon at least first. Mephisto is able to manipulate realities, but I want Wanda linked to the elder god she's supposed to be. And not Mephisto being linked to everything. But this is the same studio that links the stones to everything too. I'd nope the eff out of them having Mephisto being that power source. If he is there, have it be relative to the kids, but not central to Wanda. Because that's garbo.
    I personally would prefer them put the kids in the same Elder Gods package as well, just think about it really, the whole "Mephisto soul shards" thing are only there as a way to kill the OG twins off. And Billy never intereacted with Mephisto other than in a weird dream.
    With Chthon however, I think they can tie Billy's identity as the new Demiurge to the Elder God lore, like confirming he is a reincarnation/second coming of the OG Demiurge or something.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    If not the real dad (it would be too similiar to Teen Titan's Raven), maybe the dad was a follower of Chthon, who killed Natalya once she had served his master's purpose of having children, which Chthon could use as vessels later.
    I think it has been mentioned before but Modred is always an ideal candidate...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Basically where I'm going at is that I think they will be giving Wanda a magic/witchcraft retcon, saying she comes from a line of witches like in the comics or that somehow her powers are the same/similar as from the old witches at least. In a lot of witch stories, their power comes from some kind of demon or old gods. That's basically where Chthon would come. Either witches in general or at least Wanda and/or her bloodline could have magic powers that come from Chthon. He wouldn't actually be a physical presence, only a known source of power, which avoids posession bullshit.
    Well, I think Chthon being a real entity rather than some background power source is pretty important, otherwise what makes him different from Mind Stone? Aside from a cooler origin story, Chthon offers the potential for conflict and drama, it doesn't necessarily have to come down to possession, they could very well handle it in a way that Chthon is a powerful opponent yet Wanda still has the ability to oppose him directly.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 12-14-2020 at 04:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    It's sad that the most recent (well some years ago) Scarlet Witch comic ignored all the stuff and origin story of Wanda related to Chthon

I hope if Darkhold ever gets released, we see some of that
    Yeah, that part of her should definitely be explored more, heck, I want my Wanda/Victoria Montesi Darkhold book(and throw in others who has history or origin related to Chthon).

I just keep going back to how they were talking about Wanda's real source of her powers that are yet untapped. And with the teaser of the mountain and "Herb" that it might be Chthon at least first. Mephisto is able to manipulate realities, but I want Wanda linked to the elder god she's supposed to be. And not Mephisto being linked to everything. But this is the same studio that links the stones to everything too. I'd nope the eff out of them having Mephisto being that power source. If he is there, have it be relative to the kids, but not central to Wanda. Because that's garbo.
    Yeah, I think Wanda should be fighting members of her rogues' gallery in the comic books in the MCU. However, I fully acknowledge that the Scarlet Witch is just one part in a huge and expanding Marvel Universe(s) in the movies and shows. I don't recall her fighting Ultron and Thanos in the comic books the way she did in the movies, and it's actually HELPED her popularity. I think it's really important to make Chthon part of her origin story. I don't mind if it takes TEN whole minutes of exposition in WandaVision for the writers to explain Wanda's powers. They're just too inconsistent and hard to understand in both the movies and comic books. This is an excellent opportunity to streamline and simplify things. I kind of also want Wanda's and Pietro's parents to remain what they currently are: killed by Stark Industries missiles. The death of the Maximoff parents is the primary motivation for Pietro and Wanda to enter the MCU and I would prefer no retcons to that going forward. I don't mind if they go FURTHER back into Wanda's family history to find out if there is some magic involved. If Disney considers Strange to be the Sherlock Holmes of the MCU, then I think Marvel Studios will probably try to make Mephisto his Professor Moriarty. They will fight each other a lot. I don't know if he'll be the new Thanos for the entire MCU, but he could be the new Thanos of the magical corner of the MCU. I actually don't mind if they develop him over several shows and movies. Marvel Studios hasn't done a great job with its villains, but if they build up Mephisto he could be a more compelling one.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I've actually been thinking recently, about how they could make Chthon a part of her origin while still having Mephisto or Nightmare. We know that Agatha(well, Agnes) is a witch, there are leaked pics of her back in Salem or something with a bunch of other witches. One of them from these blurry pics looked a lot like Lizzie, and I've always thought it could be that she's playing Wanda's mother or an ancestor.

Basically where I'm going at is that I think they will be giving Wanda a magic/witchcraft retcon, saying she comes from a line of witches like in the comics or that somehow her powers are the same/similar as from the old witches at least. In a lot of witch stories, their power comes from some kind of demon or old gods. That's basically where Chthon would come. Either witches in general or at least Wanda and/or her bloodline could have magic powers that come from Chthon. He wouldn't actually be a physical presence, only a known source of power, which avoids posession bullshit.

Meanwhile, Mephisto/Nightmare(who are more humanoid characters anyway) would be interested in Wanda for having such power, trying to manipulate her to use it for their own means.
    I know this is a real long shot, but I'm REALLY hoping the blurry pics of the witch looking like Olsen is actually Mary-Kate or Ashley. The resemblance would be CLEARLY there, and it would fit in with the whole sitcom theme of the show.

I'm so intrigued by the new powers that Wanda will have in Wandavision and Dr strange 2

if hope it does look like magic

or if they somehow bring the reality warping stuff

Also should comics copy a bit of the MCU Wanda and add mental abilities to her?

it should be a natural ability to magic users

Considering the movies kind of dropped the mental powers, I'm not sure I'd expect the comics to do anything with them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I think Wanda should be fighting members of her rogues' gallery in the comic books in the MCU. However, I fully acknowledge that the Scarlet Witch is just one part in a huge and expanding Marvel Universe(s) in the movies and shows. I don't recall her fighting Ultron and Thanos in the comic books the way she did in the movies, and it's actually HELPED her popularity. I think it's really important to make Chthon part of her origin story. I don't mind if it takes TEN whole minutes of exposition in WandaVision for the writers to explain Wanda's powers. They're just too inconsistent and hard to understand in both the movies and comic books. This is an excellent opportunity to streamline and simplify things. I kind of also want Wanda's and Pietro's parents to remain what they currently are: killed by Stark Industries missiles. The death of the Maximoff parents is the primary motivation for Pietro and Wanda to enter the MCU and I would prefer no retcons to that going forward. I don't mind if they go FURTHER back into Wanda's family history to find out if there is some magic involved. If Disney considers Strange to be the Sherlock Holmes of the MCU, then I think Marvel Studios will probably try to make Mephisto his Professor Moriarty. They will fight each other a lot. I don't know if he'll be the new Thanos for the entire MCU, but he could be the new Thanos of the magical corner of the MCU. I actually don't mind if they develop him over several shows and movies. Marvel Studios hasn't done a great job with its villains, but if they build up Mephisto he could be a more compelling one.
    Stephen is not the detective type, and Mephisto is far from his arch nemesis, that title belongs to Dormammu who has way more personal connections to Stephen, even if it's not Dorm, there are still a long line of villains who could compete for that position. It's rather weird to assume Mephisto in that position.
    As for him being the next Thanos, it could be, since both of them started from a specific section of comics and then developed into some "omni usage" state, by appearing everywhere.

Extraordinary Member

What's the second pic come from, I guess it's some Empyre tie-in?

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    What's the second pic come from, I guess it's some Empyre tie-in?
    Yes for the Avengers Empyre tie-in, that panel gave me jean vibes lol

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think it has been mentioned before but Modred is always an ideal candidate...
    I would prefer the dad not be an established character, we have already had that twice and it caused nothing but headaches in the long run. It would be better just to have it be a generic follower.

The whole idea of Wanda entering the mindscape, reminds me of when she did something similar to Crystal during Vision and Scarlet Witch Vol 2.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I would prefer the dad not be an established character, we have already had that twice and it caused nothing but headaches in the long run. It would be better just to have it be a generic follower.
    Well, in that case they probably should go down the Victoria Montesi route, magical pregnency is nothing new...!