Page 249 of 271 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah comments sections on any of this are terrible. The one on Marvel's page is bad too. The "It's all good until someone tells Wanda she doesn't have kids" "Only real fans will get this" bs. In the meantime they seem to have only read Bendis stuff.
    I kinda understand why comic book creators like making their heroes go bad. I used to be an avid watcher of what was called the WWF back in the 90s. And fans were thrilled whenever "faces" (good guys) would turn into "heels" (bad guys). And vice versa. And the "anti-heroes" of the WWF were extremely popular too. If Marvel wants to make their heroes turn heel but then return them to being good guys, they can't go too far with the villainy. People like Pym, Wanda, and Stark are kind of stuck in that "evil" hero mode right now I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I kinda understand why comic book creators like making their heroes go bad. I used to be an avid watcher of what was called the WWF back in the 90s. And fans were thrilled whenever "faces" (good guys) would turn into "heels" (bad guys). And vice versa. And the "anti-heroes" of the WWF were extremely popular too. If Marvel wants to make their heroes turn heel but then return them to being good guys, they can't go too far with the villainy. People like Pym, Wanda, and Stark are kind of stuck in that "evil" hero mode right now I think.
    I blame Dark Phoenix. Everyone wants to do their own version, heck both Claremont and Byrne did their own versions with Storm, Sue and Wanda. It's just lazy writing these days just to add shock value.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

I'm disappointed that she has no cape.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

I hope this is what the new costume ends up looking like (especially with the headpiece).

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    It's just a fan art using the new WandaVision poster in which teases her new costume

The creator name Is on the image

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    The outfit this looks to be based on didn't have a cape.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Noek; 12-15-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I blame Dark Phoenix. Everyone wants to do their own version, heck both Claremont and Byrne did their own versions with Storm, Sue and Wanda. It's just lazy writing these days just to add shock value.
    Yeah, I agree with you there. I think that's why Marvel's having a heck of a time "redeeming" Wanda. In fiction, generally, characters who commit terrible acts can ONLY redeem themselves by DYING in an action to make up for their past sins. I've seen it happen time and time again. But with the Scarlet Witch she's in this uncomfortable position of trying to be a hero again DESPITE the fact that she sort of committed crimes against humanity (or mutants I should say). I don't think that status can last indefinitely. When Quicksilver died in the movies, some people felt that was a price Wanda had to pay for her actions in the Week of Ultron. Hopefully, Wanda doesn't have to be redeemed again in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    The outfit this looks to be based on didn't have a cape.
    I was thinking that it looked like The Crossing costume too.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Eh, I don't care what it is that they personally like. They just shouldn't go around pretending like others aren't real fans. When they haven't really been well read on the character either. Those types always get upset when someone then corrects them. Because they were faking it to begin with.

Also, it's not right now for those characters. It's been quite along while. Especially for Hank and Wanda. Who they never really fully redeemed. Iron Man seems to be able to do stuff then land right back on the Avengers just fine.

Yeah, I agree with you there. I think that's why Marvel's having a heck of a time "redeeming" Wanda. In fiction, generally, characters who commit terrible acts can ONLY redeem themselves by DYING in an action to make up for their past sins. I've seen it happen time and time again. But with the Scarlet Witch she's in this uncomfortable position of trying to be a hero again DESPITE the fact that she sort of committed crimes against humanity (or mutants I should say). I don't think that status can last indefinitely. When Quicksilver died in the movies, some people felt that was a price Wanda had to pay for her actions in the Week of Ultron. Hopefully, Wanda doesn't have to be redeemed again in the MCU.
    Dying sure, making up for past sins, no. That's not typical. Wanda died during UA, Tony Stark has died and even been replaced with a teenage version of himself, Cap and Bucky have been arrested, so was Cyclops. All of them broke free or never really served time. In one case, Cap was replaced.

They usually don't have comics about characters dishing out reparations for things they've done. Possessed or not. It's just not a thing.

Dying sure, making up for past sins, no. That's not typical. Wanda died during UA, Tony Stark has died and even been replaced with a teenage version of himself, Cap and Bucky have been arrested, so was Cyclops. All of them broke free or never really served time. In one case, Cap was replaced.

They usually don't have comics about characters dishing out reparations for things they've done. Possessed or not. It's just not a thing.
    I was thinking more in line with the movies. Pietro dying in Week of Ultron, Loki dying in Infinity War, and Natasha dying in Endgame. They were villainous to start with, but became heroes at the end of their arcs. Since death doesn't mean much in comic books, I'm not sure by even dying would Wanda catch a break.

Eh, I don't care what it is that they personally like. They just shouldn't go around pretending like others aren't real fans. When they haven't really been well read on the character either. Those types always get upset when someone then corrects them. Because they were faking it to begin with.

Also, it's not right now for those characters. It's been quite along while. Especially for Hank and Wanda. Who they never really fully redeemed. Iron Man seems to be able to do stuff then land right back on the Avengers just fine.
    Oops. I guess Iron Man is too important to NOT be redeemed. Apparently Pym and Wanda are expendable.

Wow. I guess more people are coming around to my way of thinking. I actually think that the MCU will adapt one of the most unpopular storylines in comic book history: One More Day (in a totally different way). Here is one theory:

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wa...-spider-man-3/

I don't know if what this fellow speculates is actually gonna happen, but I just think it is very LIKELY that Marvel Studios will adapt One More Day because of the whole deal with Parker's secret identity. And since Mephisto is connected to Wanda's kids, and will likely show up in Loki, I think it is quite possible he is a major antagonist in the Multiverse of Madness. I guess Mephisto will be like Doctor Strange. Showing up in a LOT of movies and shows for Marvel in the coming years. And since Strange has basically become the new Stark of the MCU (Stephen's personality is practically the same as Tony's when it comes to being snarky, arrogant and irresponsible), I think it makes sense for them to clash on several occasions.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-15-2020 at 02:36 PM.

Oops. I guess Iron Man is too important to NOT be redeemed. Apparently Pym and Wanda are expendable.

Wow. I guess more people are coming around to my way of thinking. I actually think that the MCU will adapt one of the most unpopular storylines in comic book history: One More Day (in a totally different way). Here is one theory:

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wa...-spider-man-3/

I don't know if what this fellow speculates is actually gonna happen, but I just think it is very LIKELY that Marvel Studios will adapt One More Day because of the whole deal with Parker's secret identity. And since Mephisto is connected to Wanda's kids, and will likely show up in Loki, I think it is quite possible he is a major antagonist in the Multiverse of Madness. I guess Mephisto will be like Doctor Strange. Showing up in a LOT of movies and shows for Marvel in the coming years. And since Strange has basically become the new Stark of the MCU (Stephen's personality is practically the same as Tony's when it comes to being snarky, arrogant and irresponsible), I think it makes sense for them to clash on several occasions.
    People aren't coming around to your way of thinking. They've been guessing those worst storylines since the beginning. For some reason people love those trash stories. And their usually ones that never read the comics versions. Or much about the characters in general. There are so many good Spidey stories. Spider-verse being one of them that could be more likely with the multi-verse stuff.

I don't think Mephisto is an antagonist in Strange. He's not an unspeakable evil. He's more often the butt of jokes. Again the Strange 2 synopsis is, “After the events of Avengers: Endgame, Dr. Stephen Strange continues his research on the Time Stone. But an old friend turned enemy seeks to destroy every sorcerer on Earth, messing with Strange’s plan and also causing him to unleash an unspeakable evil.”

The old friend was revealed to be Baron Mordo. And Strange would not be accidentally unleashing Mephisto if he were already around anyway.

I was thinking more in line with the movies. Pietro dying in Week of Ultron, Loki dying in Infinity War, and Natasha dying in Endgame. They were villainous to start with, but became heroes at the end of their arcs. Since death doesn't mean much in comic books, I'm not sure by even dying would Wanda catch a break.
    Ah gotcha. I didn't understand because you brought up Wanda's redemption in comics.

But I don't think Natasha was a villain up until the end of her arc. She felt that would clear her ledger. She did that long before that when she joined the Avengers. Pietro wasn't really evil. Just a mislead young guy.