Page 250 of 271 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260 ... LastLast
Results 3,736 to 3,750 of 4051

The best way to redeem herself would be to simply undo what she did. They should have let her do so on her return. If not on Children's Crusade, then on AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The best way to redeem herself would be to simply undo what she did. They should have let her do so on her return. If not on Children's Crusade, then on AvX.
    I literally thought that's what she did A VS X I mean certain X Trolls will insist Hope did all the work on uneuthanizing mutants but it was a joint effort which was then immediately made irrelevant by Remenders Uncanny Avengers Wanda who was a total bitch which I enjoyed but ya know that's just me.

Also generally speaking to be fair what's a trash story to some, could be genius to others that's how opinions work different strokes different folks.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    January will be a good month for Wanda Maximoff content unless we're readers of comics.

Also note that the press release only refers to her as "Wanda Maximoff," probably because of Feige saying she'll only become Scarlet Witch in the show.

I guess the next two will be either Bucky Barnes and Sam Wilson, or pre-existing MCU characters like Darcy and Jimmy that are in WandaVision, depending on the scheduling.
    Just as well Marvel Studios is pushing Wanda, because the comics division has decided to do absolutely nothing.

"Homecoming Queen" alludes to her becoming Scarlet Witch.

The songs in both trailers seem to describe Wanda's arc.
    Last edited by Relugus; 12-15-2020 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    People aren't coming around to your way of thinking. They've been guessing those worst storylines since the beginning. For some reason people love those trash stories. And their usually ones that never read the comics versions. Or much about the characters in general. There are so many good Spidey stories. Spider-verse being one of them that could be more likely with the multi-verse stuff.

I don't think Mephisto is an antagonist in Strange. He's not an unspeakable evil. He's more often the butt of jokes. Again the Strange 2 synopsis is, “After the events of Avengers: Endgame, Dr. Stephen Strange continues his research on the Time Stone. But an old friend turned enemy seeks to destroy every sorcerer on Earth, messing with Strange’s plan and also causing him to unleash an unspeakable evil.”

The old friend was revealed to be Baron Mordo. And Strange would not be accidentally unleashing Mephisto if he were already around anyway.
    Maybe not. I'm just saying that there has to be something connecting WandaVision to Strange 2. A reason for Wanda to even be in that movie. Unless Baron Mordo shows up in WandaVision, I think it makes sense for Mephisto to play some kind of role in the Multiverse of Madness. I don't think whoever are the baddies in WandaVision are gonna be defeated at the end of that show. That will most likely happen in Multiverse. Again, just my opinion. People have been predicting things from the beginning of time. Yeah, I can't take credit for the One More Day idea, BUT I did make some accurate predictions earlier this year. Need I remind you that on this very thread, I was talking with whitecrown about how I felt that Nick Fury and War Machine deserved opportunities to have their characters fleshed out (and he/she forgot about the two of them completely) before new ones were introduced in the MCU? And several months later, they're getting their own shows on Disney Plus. So, yeah, I think it's fair to say that you can also call me Nostradamus1981 as well as Albert1981. I still love Spidey after all these years, but man, those earlier Sony pictures seriously threatened that love. Those were adaptations I did NOT like.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-15-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Ah gotcha. I didn't understand because you brought up Wanda's redemption in comics.

But I don't think Natasha was a villain up until the end of her arc. She felt that would clear her ledger. She did that long before that when she joined the Avengers. Pietro wasn't really evil. Just a mislead young guy.
    I shouldn't have said the Black Widow was a villain. I just meant that she did bad things in her past. And I agree that Pietro wasn't evil, just naive. As for Loki, I think it was established that he was "mind-controlled" by Thanos? I'm not sure. I'm just saying, in the movies it seems death can "cleanse" characters of their sins if their last acts are noble ones. People forgot that Pietro and Loki were not exactly heroes when they first started out in the MCU, but they died as ones later on. I think the Hawkeye show is definitely ending Clint's arc in the MCU. And he will probably be "redeemed" somehow for the killings he was responsible for in Japan. And that might mean killing him off. And I do see the same thing possibly happening with Bucky too (due to the many regrettable acts he was involved in in his past). In comic books, redemption seems to be an elusive dream for some characters. I don't why that is, but it is what it is.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-15-2020 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Maybe not. I'm just saying that there has to be something connecting WandaVision to Strange 2. A reason for Wanda to even be in that movie. Unless Baron Mordo shows up in WandaVision, I think it makes sense for Mephisto to play some kind of role in the Multiverse of Madness. I don't think whoever are the baddies in WandaVision are gonna be defeated at the end of that show. That will most likely happen in Multiverse. Again, just my opinion. People have been predicting things from the beginning of time. Yeah, I can't take credit for the One More Day idea, BUT I did make some accurate predictions earlier this year. Need I remind you that on this very thread, I was talking with whitecrown about how I felt that Nick Fury and War Machine deserved opportunities to have their characters fleshed out (and he/she forgot about the two of them completely) before new ones were introduced in the MCU? And several months later, they're getting their own shows on Disney Plus. So, yeah, I think it's fair to say that you can also call me Nostradamus1981 as well as Albert1981. I still love Spidey after all these years, but man, those earlier Sony pictures seriously threatened that love. Those were adaptations I did NOT like.
    1. We don't know yet if Mephisto is even in WandaVision. We have no idea who the villain is or if there is one. Just a suggestion that someone or something is messing with Wanda.

2. Wanda and Doctor Strange have the link of magic. And have teamed up many times in comics without a villain that was shared between books.

So there doesn't have to be a villain even that bridges them. Magic could be broken. Or Strange needs the help of many magic users to defeat a big bad. There's no way to know until we see it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

1. We don't know yet if Mephisto is even in WandaVision. We have no idea who the villain is or if there is one. Just a suggestion that someone or something is messing with Wanda.

2. Wanda and Doctor Strange have the link of magic. And have teamed up many times in comics without a villain that was shared between books.

So there doesn't have to be a villain even that bridges them. Magic could be broken. Or Strange needs the help of many magic users to defeat a big bad. There's no way to know until we see it.
    Yeah, it's possible. Traditionally the MCU has had villains, but maybe they're going in a different direction here. My guess is as good (or as bad) as anybody else's. For me, I'm really looking forward to the sitcom portion of the series, because as you well know, I like comedy. Any superhero flick that makes me laugh is a winner in my book. I was pleased that the showrunners asked Dick Van Dyke for advice. And I was also surprised to discover that he was still alive as well.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Marvel's doing a month-long countdown:

https://twitter.com/wandavision/stat...21773367083008
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

The bizarre presumption that the villain must span both WV and DSitMoM stems from the belief that Wanda has no villains of her own and that her story must surely serve the arc of another character, and she must act as a plot device. I feel this has become so much the norm in the comics, that people now just simply expect it automatically with anything involving Wanda.

More likely, WV ends with Wanda earning the title of Scarlet Witch (I get the impression its going to be a mantle in the MCU, so kudos to James Robinson whose pushing for the solo in 2015 may now have come to fruition) and her joining Strange. Simple as that.

I think and hope that Wanda and Vision are the heroes of WandaVision, rather than Wanda and Vision failing to defeat the villain, then Strange comes in and saves the day in his movie effectively making Wanda and Vision redundant as heroes.

There are quite a few villains we could see in WandaVision. Samhain, Master Pandemonium, Necrodamus could all be secondary villains, for example.

I hope it's Chthon because he is the most personal villain for Wanda and he is rooted in her life, her story, making him perfectly suited to a story that explores Wanda.

We have seen Wanda afraid of her own power, and that fear can be seen as a fear of something within herself. We see her eyes glow a piercing red when enraged (yet not when she was killing Vision).
    There's also the fact that Chthon would, if he planted his shard in Wanda at birth, clearly have multiversal knowledge; he studied the timelines as well, and knew the snap would be reversed. A real schemer and an existential threat. I'd drop the possession and make him more about corruption and deception.

He's also a great villain for Vision, a threat to everything he holds dear. It also acts as great set-up for Blade; we see the creator of vampires up close, the mindset where they came from.
    Last edited by Relugus; 12-15-2020 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Adding more

I really don’t want it to be Baron Mordo controlling her. That’d be such a stupid way to incorporate the story with DS2.

I think there will be a moment where we doubt Wanda but in the end, she and Vision will be the heroes and save the day.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 12-15-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I really don’t want it to be Baron Mordo controlling her. That’d be such a stupid way to incorporate the story with DS2.
    They didn't say that he's controlling her, but that he unleashes an unspeakable evil. Wanda isn't that either. It's probably one of Strange's big bads.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

They didn't say that he's controlling her, but that he unleashes an unspeakable evil. Wanda isn't that either. It's probably one of Strange's big bads.
    Oh yeah, I’m just being cautious. This is a Wanda and Vision story so it should be a villain that they have dealt with in the comics or something about them and not Doctor Strange related. Save that for an after credits sequence..... if there is one for the final episode in the series.

I think there will be a moment where we doubt Wanda but in the end, she and Vision will be the heroes and save the day.
    Totally agree.

Oh yeah, I’m just being cautious. This is a Wanda and Vision story so it should be a villain that they have dealt with in the comics or something about them and not Doctor Strange related. Save that for an after credits sequence..... if there is one for the final episode in the series.
    Hopefully the villains are relevant to Wanda and Vision and not just faceless CGI armies out to rule/destroy the world. I think Wanda and Vision will be victorious, but if they kill off villains so easily right away, people will complain about how low the stakes are in these MCU movies and shows. I hope they balance things out well. And as much as I like humor, perhaps there should be less banter in the final battle. The show's already gonna be plenty funny. I hope Wanda and Vision get their own story and that WandaVision is not merely a "prequel" to the Multiverse of Madness.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oops. I guess Iron Man is too important to NOT be redeemed. Apparently Pym and Wanda are expendable.

Wow. I guess more people are coming around to my way of thinking. I actually think that the MCU will adapt one of the most unpopular storylines in comic book history: One More Day (in a totally different way). Here is one theory:

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wa...-spider-man-3/

I don't know if what this fellow speculates is actually gonna happen, but I just think it is very LIKELY that Marvel Studios will adapt One More Day because of the whole deal with Parker's secret identity. And since Mephisto is connected to Wanda's kids, and will likely show up in Loki, I think it is quite possible he is a major antagonist in the Multiverse of Madness. I guess Mephisto will be like Doctor Strange. Showing up in a LOT of movies and shows for Marvel in the coming years. And since Strange has basically become the new Stark of the MCU (Stephen's personality is practically the same as Tony's when it comes to being snarky, arrogant and irresponsible), I think it makes sense for them to clash on several occasions.
    Well, just listen to yourself on this one, you are basically suggesting Mephisto playing major parts in 4 installment on a roll, even Thanos didn't get that type of treatment, one way to make audience tired of seeing that red Faustian devil.