Page 259 of 271 FirstFirst ... 159209249255256257258259260261262263269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I still love Ewing for many reasons but the fact that Wanda got nothing on Billy's wedding that he wrote has lowered my expectations when it comes to Wanda.
    I still find it criminal to this day Wanda & Vision didn't get single line of dialog during their "sons" wedding yet I had to suffer through Tony Stark, & Steve Rodgers reminisce about how their just huge hypocritical dicks who got away with torture and murder.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    It'd be also good to have a clarification on whether Billy and Tommy are in fact mutants or not
    This honestly I just need a definitive yes or no I don't even care which way they go with it but completely avoiding the topic has grown tedious.

As for Wanda Ewing is continuity king he's not just gonna have her act like an idiot then go to a man beg for help and allow her to get treated like some pimps disobediant scorned hoe like Hickman did. I also don't think he'll favor one side over the other. That all being said this thread & the x-boards will be even more toxic than they already are when that day comes can't wait to pop my popcorn.

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I still find it criminal to this day Wanda & Vision didn't get single line of dialog during their "sons" wedding yet I had to suffer through Tony Stark, & Steve Rodgers reminisce about how their just huge hypocritical dicks who got away with torture and murder.
    It was pretty egregious, and the last thing Billy and Teddy needed was Tony and Steve’s approval, especially considering Billy has been known to walk out on those two when they start to blow more hot air than a popcorn popper.

This honestly I just need a definitive yes or no I don't even care which way they go with it but completely avoiding the topic has grown tedious.

As for Wanda Ewing is continuity king he's not just gonna have her act like an idiot then go to a man beg for help and allow her to get treated like some pimps disobediant scorned hoe like Hickman did. I also don't think he'll favor one side over the other. That all being said this thread & the x-boards will be even more toxic than they already are when that day comes can't wait to pop my popcorn.
    Honestly, that’s the last thing I want. I’ve grown so tired of the toxic rivalry between the X-Men and Avengers, especially when it concerns Wanda. It’s so tiring, especially when you’re a fan of both.

That's eternally frustrating. It's been how long since the end of Children's Crusade where they teased more interaction?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Spectacular Member maximoffimpact's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Considering on his short interview we got a reference to a "new team out of krakoa" and the main new villain of this 'man thing mini" is a former hordeculture (new villains created by hickman in x-men issue 3) student that had a more agressive take on how to purge the world and turned to the black arts, it seems he's already eager to tie into a part of marvel that you all agree isnt the most healthy towards wanda.
    I'm always worried for Wanda, particularly in regards to the X-Men stories. Yet, it would surprise the hell out of me if the X-Men/Krakoan Council MUST enlist Wanda's help/powers to deal with this villain from Hordeculture... The conversations and the drama of it all... I would trust Ewing to be balanced in the handling of the situation more so than Hickman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but I think Ewing is the best person to explore the conflict without demonizing either side
    The thing about eploring this conflict is that it inevitably acknowledges a characterization of her that is completely out of character, only possible when the writer deliberately messed up her continuity and personality.
    I am team "get this over with" really, I certainly prefer some nuance if they have to do it, but ultimately I just want her to be separated and left alone.

Last edited by Albert1981; 12-21-2020 at 08:25 PM.

What I have issue with "The Pretender" label attributed to Wanda is:

1) Aren't the X-Men aware that Wanda (andPietro) was experimented on and genetically altered by the High Evolutionary as a BABY which resulted in Wanda to have the appearance and perception of being a mutant. Such that it even fooled Magneto, Xavier the X-Men technology (Cerebro) for discovering mutants. Wanda as a BABY did not alter herself, HE did that when she was an infant. She had no will, control or knowledge of the situation until only a few years ago. Wanda never pretended to be anything, and believed herself to be a mutant because Magneto and Xavier told her that is what she was. The reality of what Wanda really is not a fault of hers. If Krakoa has a problem with Wanda being used to pass as a mutant, then that particular issue should be taken up with HE, not Wanda. Blame Wanda for the things we all know she has culpability for, but not that. Misplaced blame and anger towards Wanda for not actually being a mutant.

2) Having said that, why aren't the X-Men questioning Magneto and Xavier for being fooled and not knowing about Wanda's true status. Magneto assumed from day one of their initial meeting that both Wanda and Pietro (as teenagers or young adults) were mutants and immediately placed them in mutant status without any attempt find out about them. What does that say about the credibility of Xavier and Magneto that they were fooled? Wanda has to be made out to be the schemer in order to mask the fact that the 2 of the most important and powerful mutants in history were both duped of Wanda's altered genetics by HE for many years. Their credibility/relevance/legacy potentially could be undermined by the knowledge of their mistakes regarding Wanda and Pietro.

3) It's lazier, cowardly and convenient to divert attention away from one's self (Magneto and Xavier) than it is to own up to their own culpability of their actions regarding Wanda. Plus, they are allowing all of Krakoa to followthat "Pretender" narrative instead of putting out the complete truth in order to serve/further their own agenda and to save face with the mutant community.

4) The entire situation involving Wanda is indeed messy, but Wanda as a baby and young adult did not start/create this mess/lie, and is not solely responsible for the lie of her mutancy.

5) Is Pietro considered a pretender too?

As much as Krakoans want to blame Wanda for everything, the true and complete facts reveal much that could potentially undermine the belief in the wisdom of the leaders of Krakoa.

The entire history and culpability involving Wanda is a shared one with her, not a solely Wanda one.

I hope I have conveyed my points correctly and properly.

Quote Originally Posted by maximoffimpact View Post
    What I have issue with "The Pretender" label attributed to Wanda is:

1) Aren't the X-Men aware that Wanda (andPietro) was experimented on and genetically altered by the High Evolutionary as a BABY which resulted in Wanda to have the appearance and perception of being a mutant. Such that it even fooled Magneto, Xavier the X-Men technology (Cerebro) for discovering mutants. Wanda as a BABY did not alter herself, HE did that when she was an infant. She had no will, control or knowledge of the situation until only a few years ago. Wanda never pretended to be anything, and believed herself to be a mutant because Magneto and Xavier told her that is what she was. The reality of what Wanda really is not a fault of hers. If Krakoa has a problem with Wanda being used to pass as a mutant, then that particular issue should be taken up with HE, not Wanda. Blame Wanda for the things we all know she has culpability for, but not that. Misplaced blame and anger towards Wanda for not actually being a mutant.

2) Having said that, why aren't the X-Men questioning Magneto and Xavier for being fooled and not knowing about Wanda's true status. Magneto assumed from day one of their initial meeting that both Wanda and Pietro (as teenagers or young adults) were mutants and immediately placed them in mutant status without any attempt find out about them. What does that say about the credibility of Xavier and Magneto that they were fooled? Wanda has to be made out to be the schemer in order to mask the fact that the 2 of the most important and powerful mutants in history were both duped of Wanda's altered genetics by HE for many years. Their credibility/relevance/legacy potentially could be undermined by the knowledge of their mistakes regarding Wanda and Pietro.

3) It's lazier, cowardly and convenient to divert attention away from one's self (Magneto and Xavier) than it is to own up to their own culpability of their actions regarding Wanda. Plus, they are allowing all of Krakoa to followthat "Pretender" narrative instead of putting out the complete truth in order to serve/further their own agenda and to save face with the mutant community.

4) The entire situation involving Wanda is indeed messy, but Wanda as a baby and young adult did not start/create this mess/lie, and is not solely responsible for the lie of her mutancy.

5) Is Pietro considered a pretender too?

As much as Krakoans want to blame Wanda for everything, the true and complete facts reveal much that could potentially undermine the belief in the wisdom of the leaders of Krakoa.

The entire history and culpability involving Wanda is a shared one with her, not a solely Wanda one.

I hope I have conveyed my points correctly and properly.
    The answer for why this is aimed at Wanda and Wanda only is the same reason this was done to her to begin with.... misogyny.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Given Ewing is a massive coninunity nut, he can address the biggest question about Wanda. How did she forget about her kids again, which led to Disassembled?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Given Ewing is a massive coninunity nut, he can address the biggest question about Wanda. How did she forget about her kids again, which led to Disassembled?
    That would be welcome, I would personally prefer a sarcastic take, like some meta shit mocking Bendis.
    But I would just be happy with it acknowledged and maybe explained, and bring other fans more awareness to this continuity butchering, since a lot of new Wanda fans ignored that part even if they understand HoM is a toxic story for her.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    That would be welcome, I would personally prefer a sarcastic take, like some meta shit mocking Bendis.
    But I would just be happy with it acknowledged and maybe explained, and bring other fans more awareness to this continuity butchering, since a lot of new Wanda fans ignored that part even if they understand HoM is a toxic story for her.
    Well it has to be acknowledged and explained along with the missing roughly 15 million mutants that vansihed between the attack on Genosha and HOM

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    The answer for why this is aimed at Wanda and Wanda only is the same reason this was done to her to begin with.... misogyny.
    Absolutely a true statement.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Well it has to be acknowledged and explained along with the missing roughly 15 million mutants that vansihed between the attack on Genosha and HOM
    They probably also have to explain why every fellow Avenger forget that, yeah, there isn't specific panels where Wanda was just like "hey, I got my memories about my dead kids back, but no harsh feelings, I am alright now." But those are Wanda's close friends, they most likely would know.
    The way Janet just "slipped" is plain dumb, like she would immediately question why Wanda act surprised when she talks about this stuff.(If we assume Janet knows the whole stories through Wanda once after Roy Thomas did his thing...)

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    They probably also have to explain why every fellow Avenger forget that, yeah, there isn't specific panels where Wanda was just like "hey, I got my memories about my dead kids back, but no harsh feelings, I am alright now." But those are Wanda's close friends, they most likely would know.
    The way Janet just "slipped" is plain dumb, like she would immediately question why Wanda act surprised when she talks about this stuff.(If we assume Janet knows the whole stories through Wanda once after Roy Thomas did his thing...)
    Well Bendis liked to portray Janet as a dumb drunk, so it's not surprising she didn't act like herself.