Page 268 of 271 FirstFirst ... 168218258264265266267268269270271 LastLast
Results 4,006 to 4,020 of 4051

Is it just me, or does it seem to you that Wanda and Vision dance a LOT in the WandaVision trailers? I mean, they clearly enjoy busting a move now and then. I wonder if the show made Wanda and Vision instructors at Westview's local Arthur Murray Dance Studio. What I want to ask is this, in the comics were Wanda and Vision big on dancing? I mean, I don't understand it. Was that a significant part of their relationship? Or is this something Schaeffer just made up? Please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Is it just me, or does it seem to you that Wanda and Vision dance a LOT in the WandaVision trailers? I mean, they clearly enjoy busting a move now and then. I wonder if the show made Wanda and Vision instructors at Westview's local Arthur Murray Dance Studio. What I want to ask is this, in the comics were Wanda and Vision big on dancing? I mean, I don't understand it. Was that a significant part of their relationship? Or is this something Schaeffer just made up? Please let me know.

Ooo. Maybe “Dance Fever” will be one of the 1970’s TV touch pints they use.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by companion View Post
    I really am not a fan of Bendis' Disassembled or HoM. Both of them ignored the fact that Wanda had known about her children and dealt with it (See Buisek's Avengers #2 and #12, among others). Not to mention writing a lot of Avengers out of character. But I'd read the Avengers for years and so I come from a different POV.

But I also have huge problems with Young Avengers. I don't think Heinberg meant for Billy and Tommy to be Wanda's children. In YA #3 Iron Lad tells everyone that he found the twins through a failsafe program of Vision's. I have really huge problems with Vision finding out his kids are "alive" and not telling anyone about it.

Wanda's been my favorite Avenger since about 1990, and I'm excited for WandaVision but also a little scared that's it's about making her 'crazy' to pay homage to a storyline that used Wanda as a plot device and not a character.
    Just my opinion and I'm not trying to be disrespectful in anyway. Just plot points that don't make sense to me.
    Yeah, Roy Thoma already did her rehab story in WCA annual, and writers after him acknowledged that like you said.(Busiek)
    And don't worry, most of us here aren't really fans of AD/HoM either.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Actually in Heinbergs notes for Young Avengers Billy & Tommy were always meant to be her children, and the orgin was going to be a lot less complicated they were supposed to be just adopted not reincarnated into baby bodies (Killing Babies with their souls and whatnot) it was actually supposed to be the third arc for the Young Avengers them finding Wanda Tommy's past Ect. But shit happened and YA kind of just stopped for some reason and we got Children's Crusade to finish out that arc. I do truly wonder why they didn't go the adoption route to this day.
    Well, age is a thing, I mean YA are like around 10-15 younger than the the younger members of the Avengers.(Wanda, Pietro, Clint, Janet, etc.)
    And they would be also technically younger than Luna and Ahura, but we have seen Luna still being a little girl in Son of M.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Err, I kinda think she's just posing lol. I quite like Lizzie as an actress and she seems like a nice and cool person but I don't think she really knows much about the comics.
    Yeah, like she totally mixed up Byrne's WCA and Bendis's HoM.(Like Vision is not even in HoM but she talked a lot about Wanda and Vision's relationship in HoM).
    She felt like a Wiki reader than anything else. I don't blame her or anything, she only needs to understand the character provided by the film script and that is about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think she knows the gist of her comic history, like being an Avenger, the Vision relationship, House of M, etc.
    Which every new fan would know through some quick wiki research, she just doesn't really seem to know the actual content of the stories she was takling about, just some general premises.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    This would have been less messy than soul transmigration via retro incarnation. Of course, I still wonder about that universe where Tommy became the Sorcerer Supreme and Billy became the Grim Reaper, and how that connects to our universe. There’s a lot about the Minimoffs that still remain a mystery and would love to know more.
    Yeah, The Last Avengers story, I think it's kinda a continuation of Englehart's original vision with Thomas supposed to be like his mom while William would be like his dad.(Williams is not detected until birth, a trait of Vision.) It's kinda funny that William is the bitter and unloved one in TLA while Tommy in MU is the forgotten one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It just amazes Wanda "Fans" are so divided, if she's a mutant someone's mad, if she's not someone's mad unity is so nonexistent for the girl.
    Because her history is divided, by HoM, you cannot expect pre-HoM/post-HoM fans have the same understanding of the character.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't think many Wanda fans disliked her being a mutant. It's more a divide over what's better for her in the comics and in other media.

Being a mutant often caused her to be portrayed as just "Magneto's daughter" in stories like House of M and in X-Men cartoons (and caused her to be left out of the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon). Some fans of the character don't want her to be changed back to a mutant because that would just lead to more stories like that, and they want to see her in stories about her Avengers friends and lore.

Of course right now we're not getting either in the comics, so it's the worst of both worlds. But I don't think any fan of the character minded the status quo from 1965 to 2004, where she was a mutant but her first identity was as an Avenger.
    Yeah I wouldn't mind that, but there are people with a weird sense of priority, like they preached so hard for Wanda to become a mutant while ignoring her exclusion from Avengers.
    Like I would only ever care about her mutant status once her place in Avengers is secured, it's not really important right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Ooo. Maybe “Dance Fever” will be one of the 1970’s TV touch pints they use.
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind Vision and Wanda showing up as dancers on Shindig! or Hullabaloo in the 1960s. That would be pretty funny. In fact that's basically all I want for this series. For it to be funny. Vision and Wanda could get pretty maudlin in the comic books, but it doesn't have to be that way on screen. I'm looking forward to a lot of laughs.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 12-29-2020 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind Vision and Wanda showing up as dancers on Shindig! or Hullabaloo in the 1960s. That would be pretty funny. In fact that's basically all I want for this series. For it to be funny. Vision and Wanda could get pretty maudlin in the comic books, but it doesn't have to be that way on screen. I'm looking forward to a lot of laughs.
    How about American Bandstand? We’re going hopping...
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't mind that, but there are people with a weird sense of priority, like they preached so hard for Wanda to become a mutant while ignoring her exclusion from Avengers.
    Like I would only ever care about her mutant status once her place in Avengers is secured, it's not really important right now.
    The only reason her being a mutant would be important right now is that it would get rid of that Stupid pretender tag

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    The only reason her being a mutant would be important right now is that it would get rid of that Stupid pretender tag
    Unfortunately it'd just get replaced with something else. The anger against her won't completely go away unless they retconned it out.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Being an Avenger and a mutant isn't exclusive. Wanda in the comics is among their first mutant members, and the retcon about her being a mutant is very recent the most of her career has been a mutant. She wasn't a mutant in the MCU because of rights issues with Fox and that's come to an end. Her place in the Avengers was "secured" by the 70's - when she was a mutant, she was never an X-man. But it is an important facet to her character, all the retcon did was not make her a mutant the stories in 616 are still canon where she was a mutant. It sure makes Magneto's "recruitment" of her and Quicksilver even more disturbing since they weren't mutants.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Being an Avenger and a mutant isn't exclusive. Wanda in the comics is among their first mutant members, and the retcon about her being a mutant is very recent the most of her career has been a mutant. She wasn't a mutant in the MCU because of rights issues with Fox and that's come to an end. Her place in the Avengers was "secured" by the 70's - when she was a mutant, she was never an X-man. But it is an important facet to her character, all the retcon did was not make her a mutant the stories in 616 are still canon where she was a mutant. It sure makes Magneto's "recruitment" of her and Quicksilver even more disturbing since they weren't mutants.
    I am talking about right now, I honestly don't care about her supposed fucked up relationship with Magneto as long as she is kept out of the Avengers line.
    And I would personally prefer people pay less attention to her X-ties, the state she is in now is enough with every casual bitching about her retcon while ignoring her exclusion from Avengers line.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    How about American Bandstand? We’re going hopping...
    That'd be great! But without Dick Clark there it would be weird.