Page 41 of 271 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

She's coming back into stuff after a long hiatus after last April. She's been in Star, Tarot and will be in Strange Academy. Just not a regular on an ongoing yet. But with Zub putting her in his Avengers for Empyre, something might stem from that. I don't think Brevoort is keeping her off the Avengers. He typically likes classic characters. I think they just let creators do what they like, and they have other characters that they want to put in there. Marvel has thousands, so someone is always gonna lose out. And Avengers were never really all that restrictive about their roster. I think it just takes creators (like Zub) to always want to put her in things.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Why isn't Wanda used more often?
    As mentioned there numerous reasons. Another factor is that writers actually want to write her. The year before she got her own ongoing in 2015; at a Women of Marvel panel; no-one wanted to write Wanda. She only got an ongoing because James Robinson wanted to write one

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    As mentioned there numerous reasons. Another factor is that writers actually want to write her. The year before she got her own ongoing in 2015; at a Women of Marvel panel; no-one wanted to write Wanda. She only got an ongoing because James Robinson wanted to write one
    This is surprising when Tom Broovert was an Avengers editor during the classic run by Busiek which had Scarlet Witch in a major role in the 90's.

This is surprising when Tom Broovert was an Avengers editor during the classic run by Busiek which had Scarlet Witch in a major role in the 90's.
    He's a very hands off editor. So he's usually not gonna force characters on writers. The reason for that being because Shooter was so over-controlling that it stiffled creativity. So it's all up to the writers. And it's not surprising to me that no one really wanted to be responsible for cleaning up the character from what wrecked her. Robinson luckily did. And despite some flaws about the book, he created a new interesting thing for her. With the magic detective stuff. For the rest, it could a matter of not liking her or just not having a story for her.

Have Wanda or her former father Magneto been in contact with each other since the revelation in Uncanny Avengers Vol 2 ?.
    Does he even know that Wanda or Pietro aren't really his children ?.
    This retcon could so easily be reversed and still make sense if Marvel wanted to change it.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

No, and it shouldn't be reversed. He never was much of a presence in her life before. The Maximoffs were the ones that raised her, so it makes more sense for them to be her biological family.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    No, and it shouldn't be reversed. He never was much of a presence in her life before. The Maximoffs were the ones that raised her, so it makes more sense for them to be her biological family.
    Also he doesn't seem to care that they aren't his kids
    Last edited by leokearon; 03-03-2020 at 10:46 AM.

It's nice to see Wanda appearing in some books, although...where' Pietro?

Alanna Smith has been at Marvel for 5 years now. She needs to be promoted to advance her Pietro agenda.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Have Wanda or her former father Magneto been in contact with each other since the revelation in Uncanny Avengers Vol 2 ?.
    Does he even know that Wanda or Pietro aren't really his children ?
    When the X-Men were stuck on that alternate reality last year, Erik had bad dreams in which he was haunted by his memories of Wanda and Pietro. I think that was pretty much the closest thing they got to an interaction after the retcon.

And he knows they're not his biological children. He was the first to know, actually, back on AXIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    When the X-Men were stuck on that alternate reality last year, Erik had bad dreams in which he was haunted by his memories of Wanda and Pietro. I think that was pretty much the closest thing they got to an interaction after the retcon.

And he knows they're not his biological children. He was the first to know, actually, back on AXIS.
    I would really like to see how he feels about how the Krakoan population demonizing her. Especially since he was in the middle of House of M and knows it wasn't that simple, and that Pietro was partially responsible.

It should all be webcasts. Just have people buy tickets to backstage stuff and get free items with purchase. People typically get sick at conventions, so webcasts are always the better alternative.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think it's going to be reversed soon since Disney owns X-men now. It's a part of her history that should be further explored.

I think it's going to be reversed soon since Disney owns X-men now. It's a part of her history that should be further explored.
    Disney has owned the X-Men for almost a year now. It's not needed. Adds nothing to Wanda. Her history is her real family.