Page 42 of 271 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast

I still expect it to come up if Wanda ever appears in cartoons again...assuming we get new cartoons and they finally start using Mutants in them again.

Depends on what they do with cartoons. It use to be that she'd start off with Mags as a member of the Brotherhood. But not go to the Avengers. Now that the movies have been out, it could be that she just joins the Avengers.

I expect mutants to stay separate though. It's been apparent that they are trying to draw strict lines between the mutates and super powers, and the mutants. It's only been blurred with the F4, and they don't seem to happy with the X-Men atm.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This is surprising when Tom Broovert was an Avengers editor during the classic run by Busiek which had Scarlet Witch in a major role in the 90's.
    I don't think Brevoort keeps her off the lineups or has a problem with the character. But he has said that he doesn't want to go back to the old-school Avengers cast and approach that he did with Busiek and Johns, not because he doesn't like those runs, but just because the franchise found so many new readers when they retooled it as more of an all-star team.

So Wanda's best hope of getting more relevance in the comics would be for a writer to do an Avengers team that is a throwback to the late '90s, which in turn was a huge throwback to the '70s. And I think Marvel is understandably skeptical about that approach because it would be so easy for it to be just pure nostalgia for old comics. (It's a tribute to Busiek and Brevoort that their run was not just pure nostalgia and stood on its own.) If they did a team with Wanda, Vision, Hank and Janet on it, I'd pre-order every issue, but there aren't all that many fans of old-school Avengers out there.

Give me Wanda (Scarlet Witch) over Black Widow anyday, Widow doesn't even deserve to be on the Avengers.
    I like the current Avengers line up but it certainly needs Scarlet Witch, replace Ghost Rider with her.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Give me Wanda (Scarlet Witch) over Black Widow anyday, Widow doesn't even deserve to be on the Avengers.
    I like the current Avengers line up but it certainly needs Scarlet Witch, replace Ghost Rider with her.
    It is sad that Natasha is being promoted as an Avenger more that Wanda and Jan even, both were long serving Avengers and Natasha just happened to get there first in the movies

It is pretty sad. Jan and then Wanda paved the way for the other female Avengers. Jan helped found the team, named it, funded it and chaired it twice. At one point, she, Wanda and Vision were the most consistent serving Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    And people say the movies have no impact, it's clearly that Black Widow become more popular because of the Avengers movie and because the actress is very popular and famous that's why she's getting her own movie

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I would really like to see how he feels about how the Krakoan population demonizing her. Especially since he was in the middle of House of M and knows it wasn't that simple, and that Pietro was partially responsible.
    I mean, he knows HE was indirectly responsible, considering it was him killing Pietro in front of Wanda that sent her over the edge and triggered the whole ''no more mutants'' thing. Even if Hickman has no plans for Wanda on Krakoa, I really hope he won't just write Erik letting everyone buy into people slandering her, 'cause it would not be a good look for him. Not that he's looking all that good right now when there are actual nazis being allowed on Krakoa...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    The good news is that it was said that everything they were going to show on the event will still be shown through social media and press releases, so if we were supposed to get new content for WandaVision, we're probably still getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't think Brevoort keeps her off the lineups or has a problem with the character. But he has said that he doesn't want to go back to the old-school Avengers cast and approach that he did with Busiek and Johns, not because he doesn't like those runs, but just because the franchise found so many new readers when they retooled it as more of an all-star team.

So Wanda's best hope of getting more relevance in the comics would be for a writer to do an Avengers team that is a throwback to the late '90s, which in turn was a huge throwback to the '70s. And I think Marvel is understandably skeptical about that approach because it would be so easy for it to be just pure nostalgia for old comics. (It's a tribute to Busiek and Brevoort that their run was not just pure nostalgia and stood on its own.) If they did a team with Wanda, Vision, Hank and Janet on it, I'd pre-order every issue, but there aren't all that many fans of old-school Avengers out there.
    Which is kind of ironic considering how much the movies and cartoons have put so much emphasis on classic Avengers to the point where they've become A-listers.

Beautiful image from Tumblr
    tumblr_e8779ec4cc8bb71b6266bc7601990462_740851a6_640.jpg
    spellsofscarlet

More Strange Academy stuff, including the schedule in the acceptance letter https://twitter.com/lorrainecink/sta...58152020578304

Extraordinary Member

Well, I mean, can Chaos Magic in MU even be taught as a lesson of some sort? It's kinda a soul-bound magic.
    Then again Stephen kinda used it.

I think the requirement is being strong enough to wield it without it killing you.

All-New Member

Smile Indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Beautiful image from Tumblr
    tumblr_e8779ec4cc8bb71b6266bc7601990462_740851a6_640.jpg
    spellsofscarlet
    Indeed...Loving it!!!!

All-New Member

Smile Always so nice...

[QUOTE=CJStriker;4865717]Just wanted to Welcome some New Posters that have Come to the Thread Recently and if I leave out Anyone I apologize:

* Yo being!

Thank you..!!!I am not that new, I just post little but always read all your posts