Page 43 of 271 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393143 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I don't think Brevoort keeps her off the lineups or has a problem with the character. But he has said that he doesn't want to go back to the old-school Avengers cast and approach that he did with Busiek and Johns, not because he doesn't like those runs, but just because the franchise found so many new readers when they retooled it as more of an all-star team.
    What roster is he talking about, because there are older characters than her who have been properly written without that baggage. For example, OG Thor, Cap and Iron Man have been consistently updated over the years and remain major characters. The current Avengers has obscure characters like Robbie Reyes and She-Hulk on it. Smasher and Cannonball were on Hickman's Avengers. This is about how she's written, not the character herself.

So Wanda's best hope of getting more relevance in the comics would be for a writer to do an Avengers team that is a throwback to the late '90s, which in turn was a huge throwback to the '70s. And I think Marvel is understandably skeptical about that approach because it would be so easy for it to be just pure nostalgia for old comics. (It's a tribute to Busiek and Brevoort that their run was not just pure nostalgia and stood on its own.) If they did a team with Wanda, Vision, Hank and Janet on it, I'd pre-order every issue, but there aren't all that many fans of old-school Avengers out there.
    She needs a writer who's a fan of her's and wants to do something interesting with her. There are numerous characters in her position which have been modernised, without relying on that sort of angle.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

So, “Strange Academy #1” came out.
    Well, that was a big bucket of nothing
    With regards to Wanda, so far I get more from the promotion material then from the actual run.
    Still hope there will be more.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    What roster is he talking about, because there are older characters than her who have been properly written without that baggage. For example, OG Thor, Cap and Iron Man have been consistently updated over the years and remain major characters. The current Avengers has obscure characters like Robbie Reyes and She-Hulk on it. Smasher and Cannonball were on Hickman's Avengers. This is about how she's written, not the character herself.

She needs a writer who's a fan of her's and wants to do something interesting with her. There are numerous characters in her position which have been modernised, without relying on that sort of angle.
    I'm sorry but I don't know what world you're living in that She-Hulk is obscure.

It's me or her powers here look more like probability manipulation or kinda magic, it doesn't look like normal Telekinesis, even the sounds effects
    When she uses Telekinesis, she usually needs to redirect it to the goal, but here it seems like it follows his own direction with her making only a gesture

The movies do like the comics. Make her powers do all kinds of stuff and even tack on some of their own. But I think early Wanda is different from now. I don't think Whedon had a grip on what her powers are. And I think we'll get more thorough explanations of her MCU powers with Agatha entering the mix.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Wanda in the middle as she should
    IMG_20200308_121936.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    IMG_20200308_121936.jpg
    Oh hey ,they even remembered Mantis .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Probability010 View Post
    So, “Strange Academy #1” came out.
    Well, that was a big bucket of nothing
    With regards to Wanda, so far I get more from the promotion material then from the actual run.
    Still hope there will be more.
    In fairness, considering how limited a timeframe books like that have to make an impression with the characters (and avoid being cannon fodder’d too quickly in another book) it’s kind of understandable that the first issue would focus on introducing the students before the teachers

I do hope we get an issue focusing on Wanda’s chaos magic class

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh hey ,they even remembered Mantis .
    I know with all of the amazing women in the universe that someone is bound to be left off of these things about Women of Marvel, but I wish it wasn't usually Janet Van Dyne left off of it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

IMG_20200308_121936.jpg
    Yes, i like.

Great Jean as Phoenix. Also great Black Widow ala early 70's look with the light blue shading.

They forgot Elektra...

They forgot Elektra...
    Well, it is not meant to be a collection of every female Marvel character, or even our favorites, but a sampling of the characters.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The image is from this video they posted on their social media where they asked the women who work at Marvel who’s their favorite female character. They didn’t leave anyone out; they just used the characters that were mentioned in the video.

I like that her promotional media outfit at least has the headpiece.