Page 45 of 271 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    DC writer Steve Orlando has signed up with Marvel - and he's writing Wanda!
    https://www.newsarama.com/49359-stev...-darkhold.html
    Another Darkhold centric book, right to my taste.
    I want to see my dream Darkhold trio though which is Wanda, Vickie Montesi and Modred, but two of them are just too obscure.
    Doom is not bad though, hopefully they weave the lore together, throw in Morgan Le Fay and we get a interconnected group of relationships.

A story that's essentially about Wanda, Doom and Chthon? I'm hyped. I'm only not freaking out cause she's not on the cover lol. But the solicit seems to imply she's gonna be assembling a team! I wonder if it's gonna be other magic users...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    A story that's essentially about Wanda, Doom and Chthon? I'm hyped. I'm only not freaking out cause she's not on the cover lol. But the solicit seems to imply she's gonna be assembling a team! I wonder if it's gonna be other magic users...
    It sounds that way. Presumably Dr. Voodoo would be included--he's her lover and the ex-Sorcerer Supreme; it would be madness to not include him. Agatha Harkness is another logical recruit. I'd like to expect Wiccan as well...but given the dangers of the Darkhold and her own history with Chthon I could see Wanda deciding she doesn't want to expose her son to all that.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Wanda and Doom interacting is definitely interesting. I wonder how much of what happened between them will be brought up. I would love a better explanation about the Life Force and how Doom and Wanda came to harness it, maybe with even some small retcons connecting it to the Darkhold.

And I really hope the heroes Wanda is gathering are magic-based ones. I’m curious to see what other books will be coming out of this, ‘cause the “Alpha” in the title seems to imply it’ll tie to something else. It would be cool to get some minis, one-shots and a team book with mystic heroes.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And I really hope the heroes Wanda is gathering are magic-based ones.
    If the cover is to go by, they're not; Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Black Bolt. Only Blade (unlikely the fanged face is Dracula's) has any dealings with magic.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I want to see Wanda saving the day, Chthon being a truly powerful and dangerous threat and also to reveal he has been responsible for everything bad since Disassembled.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    If the cover is to go by, they're not; Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Black Bolt. Only Blade (unlikely the fanged face is Dracula's) has any dealings with magic.
    Covers don’t always represent the story, as Wanda fans know very well, considering the number of times she’s been used on covers without appearing in the actual stories. So I hope we get a more exciting group of characters than the one we see on the cover.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Iron Man’s had some dealings with magic but doesn’t like it (although a couple of futures have him become Sorcerer Supreme), Spidey gets random bouts of mystical dealings via the Great Web and/or the green door and Terrigen started being magical lately so that’s BB covered

Still an odd selection unless she’s worried that those more experienced with mystical matters would be easier pickings

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I want to see Wanda saving the day, Chthon being a truly powerful and dangerous threat and also to reveal he has been responsible for everything bad since Disassembled.
    So much this. Wanda's potential as a protagonist in her own series is unlimited. Should have happened sooner.

From the writer of the comic
    IMG_20200311_121724.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Wanda and Doom interacting is definitely interesting. I wonder how much of what happened between them will be brought up. I would love a better explanation about the Life Force and how Doom and Wanda came to harness it, maybe with even some small retcons connecting it to the Darkhold.

And I really hope the heroes Wanda is gathering are magic-based ones. I’m curious to see what other books will be coming out of this, ‘cause the “Alpha” in the title seems to imply it’ll tie to something else. It would be cool to get some minis, one-shots and a team book with mystic heroes.
    I don't really want it connected to the Darkhold. I really just want them to wash their hands of that story. It was botched. Trying to fix it with other retcons won't help it.

Covers don’t always represent the story, as Wanda fans know very well, considering the number of times she’s been used on covers without appearing in the actual stories. So I hope we get a more exciting group of characters than the one we see on the cover.
    At least in this one she's actually in the book description, so she stands a better chance.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't really want it connected to the Darkhold. I really just want them to wash their hands of that story. It was botched. Trying to fix it with other retcons won't help it.

At least in this one she's actually in the book description, so she stands a better chance.
    Personally, I just want them to say Disassembled, HOM, etc was all the work of Chthon. That way it's all forgotten about like Jean causing Genocide.

We really have to wait until June uhm

Also Dr2 starts filming in may but with the corona virus around... I don't think this will start

Yeah, I’m just kinda sad about the “she must getter other heroes” stuff. They should let her do something on her own, especially, when it’s dealing with Chthon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    From the writer of the comic
    IMG_20200311_121724.jpg
    Another writer who cares about Wanda .