Page 5 of 271 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Strange Tales #128 Jan 1965
    The Human Torch and the Thing guest star in "Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch"
    Wanting to be free of Magneto's rule, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch

decide they should seek the aid of heroes in the United States.
    Traveling to New York, the two go to seek the help of the Fantastic Four.

Unfortunately, the Thing and Human Torch are the only ones home and they have just seen
    a news bulletin identifying the two mutants as members of Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.
    A fight soon breaks out that ends with both sides growing weary.

Afterward, the two mutants decide that they're safest by Magneto's side,
    and the two Fantastic Four members allow them to leave.

Script by Stan Lee and Dick Ayers (co-plot), pencils by Dick Ayers, inks by Frank Giacoia (as Frank Ray)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    More Wanda in 2020!
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I'm thinking Kevin Feige heard your wish and decided to grant it.
    Indeed, I think with what sounds like Good Enthusiasm for the new WandaVision Series being said by him as well but what I have heard and combine that with its early then expected Release on Disney+ being both the in~or~non intended Flagship for the New Marvel Stream shows as well as the 1st show to Follow Up Star Wars The Mandalorian(PS a Show I Plan on Watching soon since I am getting Bigger into Star Wars Now!) in giving subscribers another new show to look forward too then 2020 is right now turning into a Major Year for Wanda having this Massive and by the company's of Marvel Studios and Disney Themselves Confident Push!

Honestly 5 years ago even with Age of Ultron if you Told Me Wanda would get even 1/2 of what she has now gotten in Avengers: Endgame and now with WandaVision, its push by these Major Company's and Figureheads and her Major Lead in Doctor Strange 2 I never would have believe it to be even possible.

Lets take a breather with wherever this Goes in the Fact that we live in Extraordinary and Uncanny Times for our Wanda!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

CJ, your optimism and good spirits are always appreciated in this thread, especially for a fandom as pessimistic and gloomy as Wanda's. I'll try to have more optimism in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    CJ, your optimism and good spirits are always appreciated in this thread, especially for a fandom as pessimistic and gloomy as Wanda's. I'll try to have more optimism in 2020.
    Thanks Gurkle, I Appreciate that and Honestly in allot of ways it makes sense and it is good to be overly concerned about Wanda's character.

After the disgusting of Dissembles, the negative moments in HoM not all cause it does highly the family, the aftermath of that and the misuse of Wanda as a plot point for most of the 2000's and into the early 2010's it makes sense to have caution. We Don't want another Bendis taking her into bad realms and their are always possibilities that these projects like WandaVision and even Doctor Strange 2 can go their with rumors that always get push around by the net.

But again we just don't fully know, but the best example we can go with it the History of the MCU itself and while they have done dark storylines like Civil War that in the comic where so dark and controversial, BUT when done the MCU where still heavy but still found a good balance to help make the heroes still likable and come out still being that way and seeing their sides, that is pretty amazing to do.

So we don't know what they might do with the alternate world of WandaVision and why it is or what effect it will have on Wanda. But I right now have trust that even if it gets dark and has hints of Wanda losing control like back in the darker times I feel it will all have a positive purpose overall, heck then have said Doctor Strange 2 will be the 1st MCU Horror style movie, so dark is to be expect. But the MCU still find good ways to keep their hears positive and still heroes you understand and side with.

I feel this will be no different with Wanda, especially with Rumor of the MCU wanting to push women more in the next Phase 4 and that fact that even though the DC Movies have had problems, they still are doing Wonder Women Right and Marvel still need to catch up to have their own league of Wonder Women as well to. So to falter to much into negatives with Wanda or most any other ladies or even any heroes for that matter would not sound to good for a company that has so much positive good will going for them.

Again we have to see, but should always have have Cautious Optimism.
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Unfortunately, the Thing and Human Torch are the only ones home and they have just seen
    a news bulletin identifying the two mutants as members of Magneto's Brotherhood of Evil Mutants.

Script by Stan Lee and Dick Ayers (co-plot), pencils by Dick Ayers, inks by Frank Giacoia (as Frank Ray)
    This is one of my favorite stories. And it's often forgotten that they went to the F4 first, before signing up for the Avengers.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

This is one of the Twins early appearances I had never seen before! I love the different ways Wanda's Hex power operates. The storm is powerful! And, as I have sometimes noted in the early stories, Wanda can make certain things happen, as with the fire hoses here.

Smile

Vision and Scarlet Witch - The kiss
    by Cassandra4

https://www.deviantart.com/cassandra...kiss-822931940

Never knew the twins went to see the F4. Shame they did the stupid lets wear a coat over our costume instead of just going as civilians

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Never knew the twins went to see the F4. Shame they did the stupid lets wear a coat over our costume instead of just going as civilians
    It's such a hilarious comic book trope. Cap did it too, and his was more glaring and obvious. It's charming in it's own way. It's the Superman's glasses trope.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by starduck View Post
    I don't think there's anything wrong with Enchantress. I just wanted to make a dumb joke about twitter's Enchantress
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah that crazy fake profile.
    Oh, ok, hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    it would have been interesting to see how the Mutants and villains would have reacted if Wanda appeared or interacted with them in Krakoa but then i remember that Wanda ins't a Mutant anymore so it's irrelevant and doesn't benefices her, maybe if she had a role like the anti christ for them and trying to help them like she tried before but the writer somehow forgot.

If she was a Mutant she deserves to be there i mean they let Gorgon and Emplate and Apocalypse in..
    and unlike Wanda none of those people were out of their minds or losing control of their powers when they committed their atrocities.

It's pretty damn hypocritical lol.

Also i think Wanda and Magneto never interacted again since AXIS?? it's so strange and wrong i mean, i got that he's not their real father but they were family for almost 40 years and i think they cared for each other
    There are dozens of mutants who would like to kill her, but there's also the resurrection method. So unless they get to some understanding first, it would soon degenerate into an Itchy & Scratchy show Poor Charles can not get a rest...

I just thought maybe Hickman was hinting at a future appearance by the twins with his shady pretender comment and ominous Avengers crimes against mutantkind data. I've read he likes to foreshadow future plots.

Some people think that, but he never uses those characters.

Extraordinary Member

Hickman never used those characters as Avengers, but since he doesn't care about the Avengers pre-Bendis I don't think that really says anything about whether he's interested in them for the House of M or Magneto connection.

I do think the way she was referred to in the text pages suggests that he was possibly planting a story idea, which is different from whether he will end up doing it.

I think he was just recalling an event in mutant history.