Page 53 of 271 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The worst part about this is the possibility that WandaVision might also be pushed back several months due to its connection to the movie.
    I'm interested to see what happens, because Disney will be desperate for new material to put on its streaming service and WandaVision was almost (though not completely) finished shooting before everything shut down. Without WandaVision they might not have anything new and buzzworthy to put up on Disney+ for some time, especially since "Falcon & Winter Soldier" reportedly will take longer to finish.

Once they're able to finish it I hope they just put it online ASAP even if it causes things to be out of order. Of course, my belief that this would be a good business decision for Disney is highly biased because I just want to see it ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm really frustrated that the movie was moved because Spider-Man took its date. I realize that it's possible that the movie could've still been delayed due to other factors, but I can't help but resent that a franchise that's gotten two movies already is being prioritized over a franchise that came before and hasn't even gotten a sequel.

The worst part about this is the possibility that WandaVision might also be pushed back several months due to its connection to the movie.
    It won't be pushed back due to the movie as much as it will be pushed back because it was still in principal photography, there likely was some other post-production to get done and they can't have a launch party. Covid has stopped everything but what can be done remotely.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    It won't be pushed back due to the movie as much as it will be pushed back because it was still in principal photography, there likely was some other post-production to get done and they can't have a launch party. Covid has stopped everything but what can be done remotely.
    yeah, WandaVision isn't finished yet thanks to Mr. Virus, so it's understandable that a movie with a new director and is linked to the series would also be pushed back

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness has been moved from Nov. 5, 2021 to March 25, 2022, so even longer to Wanda for Wanda's next movie appearance
    A crying today...

We really have to wait two years to see her, also i guess WandaVision will be delayed as well since they won't release a serie that has something to do with a movie that drops in two years

Wow! I haven't read Marvel Comics in twenty years, and boy so much has changed in regards to Wanda and Vision. And not for the better. I can't believe what has happened to these two. I think the events of the past two decades have destroyed these characters. I'm not sure if they can recover. But that is why I'm SO happy the MCU is doing this Wandavision series. I don't care what anybody says. Their relationship is PERFECT material for a sitcom and Twilight Zone/Outer Limits craziness. There are no other two characters in the MCU besides the Vision and Wanda who can have a relationship that is hilarious as theirs. I thought their romance was pretty natural and poignant to tell you the truth. The other MCU romantic pairings I found a little bit silly. Their love was based on respect, honesty and mutual affection. And I thought that was great. But it's definitely time to crank up the trademark MCU humor. I'm tired of women in the MCU being stoic, killjoying badasses. I'm weary of them beating up their boyfriends (I guess I can excuse Wanda plowing Vision down several floors at the Avengers HQ). Wanda has to have a savage sense of humor. And I think Vision should grow a funnybone alongside that cape of his. I want to see Wanda say to Vision that his cooking tastes like shit. I think it would be great if Vis complained to Wanda that she keeps forgetting to recharge his batteries. And I fully support Wanda dressing like Peg Bundy and Vis dressing like Ned Flanders. I don't think this series will be dark at all. I think it will be really family-friendly. If it's like that Star Trek Voyager: Real Life episode (about artificial intelligence creating fake families), it can actually be touching in many parts. What more can Wanda and Vis fans ask for? If the comics adopt this humorous approach, Wanda and Vision could have their reputations restored. But I highly doubt Marvel's creative enough to do this. And Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen are really quite funny in real life. Nothing like the on-screen Vis and Wanda. I don't get the apprehension regarding this series on these boards. And by the way, I don't think the MCU did Vision dirty. Sure he wasn't as strong as his comic book counterpart. But we got to see him get born, make friends, save the world, fall in love and die protecting the woman he loved. He died a happy robot. That's a truly HUMAN story to me and his arc is just as meaningful as Tony's, Steve's and Natasha's in my view. And I think Wanda helping Vis become more human through her love and support has enriched her character immensely. I feel she's the only female hero in the MCU who definitely knows what it means to love and be loved and I believe that has made her much more popular than a lot of the other ladies. That's just my two cents. But man, what the heck has Marvel been doing to Wanda and Vis? It's terrible!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-27-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Force Works #13 (July, 1995). Art by David Ross:

Welcome back to comics, Albert! I'm happy that Wanda and Vizh are getting some good stuff in the movies. Hoping for Vizh to come back. Comics broke them up a while ago. They are still good friends though.

Welcome back to comics, Albert! I'm happy that Wanda and Vizh are getting some good stuff in the movies. Hoping for Vizh to come back. Comics broke them up a while ago. They are still good friends though.
    Why, thank you so much GenericUsername. I really appreciate it. I wouldn't say I'm TOTALLY back into comic books. I just read on the Internet about some of the stuff that happened in my twenty year absence. I might get back if the stories are better and improved. I was shocked to find out that Vision almost committed murder and that Wanda engaged in some genocidal behavior. I was surprised to hear Vision constructed his own daughter. And I was stunned to find out that their twins actually DID exist but that they aren't Wanda's biologically. This is Maury Show level garbage! What a convoluted story. I was disturbed that Vis and Wanda inflicted so much emotional and physical trauma on each other (in my mind that makes no sense) in the past couple of decades. It's just so wrong! I think Wandavision should stay away from that stuff and I believe they will. I actually think Dr Strange might be the surrogate father (because most folks could get behind that and that would make some sense). I strongly believe Quicksilver will be back too. And it is possible that Pietro and Vis will participate in the epic final battle of the series. I'm extremely pessimistic of Vision coming back permanently. I don't think the MCU's interested in reviving dead characters and his death would lose all meaning if he returned. But I do think Vis and Quicksilver will get a very heroic send-off by protecting the family that they love. And I am of the opinion Wanda and the twins will escape whatever dire situation they are in but Vis and Pietro won't. I heard Paul Bettany say that the series was "so moving", and I figure it will end on a sad note. I'm optimistic about Wandavision because Bettany stated that this show was one of the highlights of his career and he had so much fun making it. I remember him being not particularly interested in the character of the Vision, but over the past few years I truly think he's grown to appreciate the hero. And the chemistry between him and Elizabeth Olsen is really strong. In all their interviews, she looks like she desperately wants to engage in carnal relations with him. I think Kevin Feige and Marvel Studios is right on the money by making this show comedic. They turned Loki and Thor into freaking clowns and practically everybody loves that. I think Vis and Wanda should lean hard into the comedy and craziness. Make them sympathetic people. Make Vis get bullied by the twins into giving them what they want and make Wanda lay down the law to keep them in line. I think the MCU was really clever to focus on the strong emotional ties Vis and Wanda shared as opposed to focusing on their powers too much. They are so different from the rest of the other Avengers who seem to thrive on combat and battle. In my opinion, Wanda's and Vis's love story is the most important one in the entire MCU. Why would the MCU focus on their romance over all the other ones? If Marvel Comics follows the MCU's lead, I reckon many folks such as myself would go back to reading the comic books. But as I said earlier, that's not likely to happen. Again, thanks for the welcome.

Yep, comics can sometimes resemble old soaps. At times I've felt like I wanted Wanda rebooted. Because so much convoluted stuff has happened to her. But then I realize it'd probably go back to how things are anyway.

Before the comic book shutdown during Covid, Wanda was in Star and Strange Academy. She and Vision both are due to be in Empyre, a new event. So at least there does seem to be some good stories lined up for them soon. The movies and TV show will add to the excitement. And both seem to have more merchandise than ever before. So that's good.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Why, thank you so much GenericUsername. I really appreciate it. I wouldn't say I'm TOTALLY back into comic books. I just read on the Internet about some of the stuff that happened in my twenty year absence. I might get back if the stories are better and improved. I was shocked to find out that Vision almost committed murder and that Wanda engaged in some genocidal behavior.
    That's a lot more complex than what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Force Works #13 (July, 1995). Art by David Ross:

I always liked David Ross art and wondered why he didn't become a "superstar" back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    That's a lot more complex than what you think.
    Yes, I understand that. I have to get to reading once this Covid-19 crisis is over!

Yep, comics can sometimes resemble old soaps. At times I've felt like I wanted Wanda rebooted. Because so much convoluted stuff has happened to her. But then I realize it'd probably go back to how things are anyway.

Before the comic book shutdown during Covid, Wanda was in Star and Strange Academy. She and Vision both are due to be in Empyre, a new event. So at least there does seem to be some good stories lined up for them soon. The movies and TV show will add to the excitement. And both seem to have more merchandise than ever before. So that's good.
    Oh wow. I'll have to check those things out once the Covid stuff has been dealt with. I'm happy that both Wanda and Vision are more popular than ever. I think we all understand that the pair have always been strictly B-list characters for decades, but maybe this show will change that. I was amazed to find out that Marvel got rid of the fact that Magneto was the twins' father! Now that is Maury style craziness. I can just picture Magneto, Pietro and Wanda going on to his show, and Maury declaring that Magneto is MAYBE their father. Then Quicksilver will speed out of the studio in fury and Wanda would blow up some chairs. It's ridiculous Marvel Comics doesn't know what a DNA test is. I have to say that as much as I love Wanda and Vis, I got back into the comic book world because of Iron Man like most people. I'm old enough to remember when Stark's biggest foes were Afghan warlords and a "slutty" journalist. To be honest with you, I'd rather hang out with that journalist than the other female heroes of the MCU. They don't seem to have any personality whatsoever. That's why I think Wandavision will be great. Because Wanda WILL get to be funny and that would make her character really cool in my opinion. I hope she stays that way after the show concludes. I think the other female actresses in the MCU must be jealous as hell. Dudes don't know how to write about women in the MCU unfortunately. Olsen's got a really nasty sense of humor so I think Wandavision will work. If it could incorporate elements of Star Trek the Next Generation: The Offspring, it might even be poignant. We'll see. I'm pretty sure Tom King got the idea of Vision constructing a robot daughter from that episode. I'm really grateful the MCU has brought so much comedy to their movies. I never thought I'd see the day when Dr Strange would call Stark a douchebag. As I said before, Loki and Thor are now basically clowns and practically everybody loves that fact including myself. And I hate how writers say that they LOVE Wanda and Vis so much but end up sadistically torturing and damaging them in their stories. Those two characters must be the most heartbroken heroes in the Marvel Universe. I also hope Wanda doesn't revive Pietro and Vis permanently. She's called the Scarlet Witch, NOT the Scarlet Goddess.

I also want to mention that I LOVE the idea of JARVIS being uploaded into Vision's synthetic body. This allowed Vis to wear those amazing flannel trousers and elegant cashmere sweaters. And even made him gain an appreciation of Chet Baker's music. Really refined. A total reflection of Jarvis's "personality". Such a stroke of creative genius. Vis being a combination of Stark, Banner, Helen Cho, Thor, Jarvis, Ultron and the Mind Stone is such a cool idea. I feel bad Wonder Man (who is a sympathetic character) was cut out of the story, but I don't think the MCU is interested in soap operatic love triangles. I always thought the whole idea of two dudes sharing the same brain patterns to be absolutely ludicrous!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-28-2020 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh wow. I'll have to check those things out once the Covid stuff has been dealt with. I'm happy that both Wanda and Vision are more popular than ever. I think we all understand that the pair have always been strictly B-list characters for decades, but maybe this show will change that. I was amazed to find out that Marvel got rid of the fact that Magneto was the twins' father! Now that is Maury style craziness. I can just picture Magneto, Pietro and Wanda going on to his show, and Maury declaring that Magneto is MAYBE their father. Then Quicksilver will speed out of the studio in fury and Wanda would blow up some chairs. It's ridiculous Marvel Comics doesn't know what a DNA test is. I have to say that as much as I love Wanda and Vis, I got back into the comic book world because of Iron Man like most people. I'm old enough to remember when Stark's biggest foes were Afghan warlords and a "slutty" journalist. To be honest with you, I'd rather hang out with that journalist than the other female heroes of the MCU. They don't seem to have any personality whatsoever. That's why I think Wandavision will be great. Because Wanda WILL get to be funny and that would make her character really cool in my opinion. I hope she stays that way after the show concludes. I think the other female actresses in the MCU must be jealous as hell. Dudes don't know how to write about women in the MCU unfortunately. Olsen's got a really nasty sense of humor so I think Wandavision will work. If it could incorporate elements of Star Trek the Next Generation: The Offspring, it might even be poignant. We'll see. I'm pretty sure Tom King got the idea of Vision constructing a robot daughter from that episode. I'm really grateful the MCU has brought so much comedy to their movies. I never thought I'd see the day when Dr Strange would call Stark a douchebag. As I said before, Loki and Thor are now basically clowns and practically everybody loves that fact including myself. And I hate how writers say that they LOVE Wanda and Vis so much but end up sadistically torturing and damaging them in their stories. Those two characters must be the most heartbroken heroes in the Marvel Universe. I also hope Wanda doesn't revive Pietro and Vis permanently. She's called the Scarlet Witch, NOT the Scarlet Goddess.

I also want to mention that I LOVE the idea of JARVIS being uploaded into Vision's synthetic body. This allowed Vis to wear those amazing flannel trousers and elegant cashmere sweaters. And even made him gain an appreciation of Chet Baker's music. Really refined. A total reflection of Jarvis's "personality". Such a stroke of creative genius. Vis being a combination of Stark, Banner, Helen Cho, Thor, Jarvis, Ultron and the Mind Stone is such a cool idea. I feel bad Wonder Man (who is a sympathetic character) was cut out of the story, but I don't think the MCU is interested in soap operatic love triangles. I always thought the whole idea of two dudes sharing the same brain patterns to be absolutely ludicrous!
    Yeah the Maximoff family is their real family again. Which makes sense. I know a lot of Mags fans hated the retcon. But they've been going by Maximoff since the 70s now. So it's all good to me. And Marya is alive now. So they actually have a mother figure now that is still living.

I don't know if Wanda would bring them back. I know that the actor that played Pietro said no time soon. Vision has been brought back before by Hank and Tony at different times, so I think science could bring him back. And I love him in the movies, so I'd love to see more of him. I think why I want people back for Wanda is she doesn't have much right now. The Avengers have a couple retiring members, her brother died, Vision died, her parents were already dead. They could make her and Carol best friends in the movies. That'd be nice. But I hope she has something. I think her and Doctor Strange will become good friends at least.

I love casual Vizh. That was one of the more amusing things about Vision and the Scarlet Witch in comics, so I love that they brought that to the movies.

I did not like Wonder Man however in comics. He was supposed to be in the Guardians films but was cut. I hope if they do put him in the movies, that they give him his own thing, and don't do the love triangle thing. Comics had done that with Wanda, Vizh, Mantis, and then Wanda, Vizh, Simon. And it was too much and too tiring.

Yeah the Maximoff family is their real family again. Which makes sense. I know a lot of Mags fans hated the retcon. But they've been going by Maximoff since the 70s now. So it's all good to me. And Marya is alive now. So they actually have a mother figure now that is still living.

I don't know if Wanda would bring them back. I know that the actor that played Pietro said no time soon. Vision has been brought back before by Hank and Tony at different times, so I think science could bring him back. And I love him in the movies, so I'd love to see more of him. I think why I want people back for Wanda is she doesn't have much right now. The Avengers have a couple retiring members, her brother died, Vision died, her parents were already dead. They could make her and Carol best friends in the movies. That'd be nice. But I hope she has something. I think her and Doctor Strange will become good friends at least.

I love casual Vizh. That was one of the more amusing things about Vision and the Scarlet Witch in comics, so I love that they brought that to the movies.

I did not like Wonder Man however in comics. He was supposed to be in the Guardians films but was cut. I hope if they do put him in the movies, that they give him his own thing, and don't do the love triangle thing. Comics had done that with Wanda, Vizh, Mantis, and then Wanda, Vizh, Simon. And it was too much and too tiring.
    Yeah, I would love to have Vis back. He's my favorite MCU character along with Wanda. I just think if he came back, the events of Infinity War would definitely have less meaning. And that was one of my favorite movies that the MCU did because they dealt with themes like love, honor and sacrifice so movingly. And that surprised me coming from a superhero movie. I must say I'm really worried about the whole multiverse thing. I think Endgame was fantastic too, but the whole time travelling thing confused a lot of people. That was kind of overshadowed because the film did a great job by being so humorous and action-packed. I think the MCU is taking a HUGE chance by branching into alternative universes. There's certainly a big chance that audiences won't understand what the hell is going on with different versions of people coming and going. I would hate to see Stark, Rogers, Romanoff and Pietro come back even though I loved their characters. That would be cheap and lazy storytelling at its worst. I'm more interested in Disney+ doing stories about Hawkeye, the Incredible Hulk and War Machine. I'm curious to see the conclusion of the Ant-Man trilogy. I'm keen to see Hemsworth pass the torch to Portman in the next Thor movie. Even having Nick Fury show up somewhere would be cool. I want to see the Winter Soldier and the Falcon in action. And even though I absolutely LOVE Hiddleston's Loki, his resurrections are starting to get tiresome. Those are the Avengers I have great affection for because they made me fall in love with comic book stories again. I want to see their character arcs conclude (although that doesn't mean they should die), you know? THEN we can move on to newer things. I'm excited about Doctor Strange, however. I don't think Wanda will be alone. She's probably going to take bring her twins with her after Wandavision concludes and she will probably hang out with magic users from now on. But I totally agree with your concern. There is a big chance the Scarlet Witch will diminish as a character without her connection to Vis. That's a relationship which is really important to her character growth. If she hadn't connected with him, I think she would be kind of boring. She would just be wiggling her fingers and using her powers for no reason. Even Liz Olsen said that would bore her. I totally believe their relationship brings out the best in each other in the movies and the comics. And without Vision around, the MCU might be tempted to damage her character like they did in the comic books. But I trust Kevin Feige and the bigwigs at Marvel Studios. They've been doing things great for the past dozen years. I concur that the whole love triangle thing would just be boring as hell. Melodrama for no good reason. Distracting from the main stories. I feel Marvel is hesitant to bring in Wonder Man because of the popularity of Wonder Woman. And the fact that he looks like Superman. And that he dies a lot. I think it would be hilarious if he just showed up as a failed actor named Simon Williams and nothing more. I actually think Feige doesn't really like him. I know Whedon didn't. All I know is that if the MCU made Wanda a villain again like she was in the Age of Ultron, it would be extremely counterproductive. Many girls look up to her as a role model, and she is the last remaining female Avenger. Even Bettany was miffed that his daughter loved the Scarlet Witch more than the Vision. You don't have to be evil to be cool.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-28-2020 at 10:00 PM.