Page 55 of 271 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Since MCU tends to have some kind of pull in the comics I was wondering do any of y'all think they'll have Wanda drop Voodoo and get back with Vision after WandaVision debuts?
    There's no way to know but so far things with her haven't really followed the movies besides the parental retcon. The movies could introduce Brother Voodoo also, because he's supposedly in Multiverse of Madness. And we have no confirmation that Vision is even coming back in the MCU, or if he's just a "vision" that someone is forcing on Wanda.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Wonder Man in comics can be a jerk sometimes to Wanda. And was a jerk to Vision initially. Him not wanting to give Vision back his memories and emotions wasn't so much about Simon feeling violated over those being used on Vision without his consent as much as it was that he wanted Wanda for himself. So after Wanda and Vision had split, Simon pursued Wanda. After a long time and even Vision's blessing, Wanda started dating Simon. After Simon got to be with Wanda, he continuously pushed her away, and even said horrible things to her about loving fake men. Punched near her head to show her that he's not good for her. So she'd leave. He was a mess really. So I never really liked that relationship. I think Wanda deserves something healthier.
    Yeah, I never liked Wanda and Simon's relationship. It started badly, was just solely as a plot device to keep Wanda and Vision apart and always ends with "We can still be friends"

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Since MCU tends to have some kind of pull in the comics I was wondering do any of y'all think they'll have Wanda drop Voodoo and get back with Vision after WandaVision debuts?
    When it comes to Wanda, the MCU as practically no pull on her comic appearances. Also, there is just too much continuity and emotional baggage between Wanda and Vision these days as much as I would love to happen. I still hope for a Renew Your Vows style comic for Wanda and Vision

That scene was a vague reference to A-Force. A book in recent years. I'm generally fine with easter eggs. My only problem is movies tend to rely on those sometimes too much to appease comics fans, but never go through with what is in the easter egg. So it's just a tease.
    Wow! I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads-up.

There's no way to know but so far things with her haven't really followed the movies besides the parental retcon. The movies could introduce Brother Voodoo also, because he's supposedly in Multiverse of Madness. And we have no confirmation that Vision is even coming back in the MCU, or if he's just a "vision" that someone is forcing on Wanda.
    I know it might be an unpopular opinion here. But I'm kinda hoping characters like Wanda and Brother Voodoo take a backseat in the Multiverse of Madness. I think the movie should focus primarily on Dr. Strange, Wong and Clea. It's their film and I think they deserve the spotlight.

Wonder Man in comics can be a jerk sometimes to Wanda. And was a jerk to Vision initially. Him not wanting to give Vision back his memories and emotions wasn't so much about Simon feeling violated over those being used on Vision without his consent as much as it was that he wanted Wanda for himself. So after Wanda and Vision had split, Simon pursued Wanda. After a long time and even Vision's blessing, Wanda started dating Simon. After Simon got to be with Wanda, he continuously pushed her away, and even said horrible things to her about loving fake men. Punched near her head to show her that he's not good for her. So she'd leave. He was a mess really. So I never really liked that relationship. I think Wanda deserves something healthier.
    Yeah, that was a "dick move" on Simon's part. I don't think he's evil. Just kind of a "dick". I couldn't believe Wanda would shack up with a dude who prevented her from getting her family back. The whole love triangle angle was really dumb. I thought it almost lasted as long as the whole Wolverine/Cyclops/Jean Grey and Mr. Fantastic/Namor/Invisible Woman things. And they are ALL idiotic in my opinion. It's like, can we please move on here?! Make up your damn minds already. I'm tired of this shit. And then so much unnecessary drama ensued. I also was SHOCKED to find out recently that Wanda hung out with Dr Doom even AFTER finding out he manipulated her into murdering her friends. What the hell are these Marvel writers thinking? She's such a powerful character, yet she's constantly getting "possessed" and "brainwashed" into doing horrible things. I'm happy at how the MCU is handling things. Going back to classic stories. I even (surprisingly) enjoyed the Vis and Wanda romance. They didn't spend a lot of time on it, but I was totally convinced of their love for one another. I watched the Amazing Spider-Man 2 and witnessed the "romance" between Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy. Their love story was so over-the-top and saccharine. They just slobbered over each other for SO LONG. A good chunk of screen time was devoted to their romantic ad-libbing and strange inhuman noises they made to each other. The writers at Marvel Studios are way better than the ones at other studios making superhero movies. It's great that the people at Marvel Studios seem to really care about Vis and Wanda. And the acting of Olsen and Bettany has been great!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I know it might be an unpopular opinion here. But I'm kinda hoping characters like Wanda and Brother Voodoo take a backseat in the Multiverse of Madness. I think the movie should focus primarily on Dr. Strange, Wong and Clea. It's their film and I think they deserve the spotlight.
    Wanda isn't taking a backseat in DS2, given WandaVision will lead into it and Elizabeth Olsen has been mentioned as one of the main stars, so it is her movie as much as Wong and Clea's

TWS was able to showcase both Natasha, Bucky and Sam(Sharon not that much, but I'd say her role there was still fine had been used on latter movies besides CW as well). I'm hoping DSMOM will be the same.

If Thor Ragnarok had Hulk and there other examples i don't think there's nothing wrong with Wanda having a role in that movie

As a Wanda fan i just care about that movie because of her but i can understand that the Dr Strange fans would like to see other characters from the Strange's universe

The insanity stuff was poorly done, so easily hand-waved for me. Because it was basically a hero is possessed, again. Into doing bad things, again. It's so boring. They need to stop that.

I am hoping with her show, we see some of Wanda's more interesting traits. And I wouldn't mind some Chthon in her future. The idea that she gets her powers from an enemy she has to fight. And that she has to constantly keep that power in control and has the ability to really wield the fraction of an elder god, is really interesting. But yeah, she needs some struggles power wise in the MCU. She's definitely had other struggles. Because unlike in comics, in the movies, she lost everyone pretty close to one another. In comics she lost her parents a decade before she lost her husband and children. And never lost Pietro. So maybe Agatha teaching her will provide a chance for some struggles in learning control over her craft.

I think her foil now might be Agatha herself.

Vision was not mentioned in Wanda's comic. It mostly dealt with her being a magic detective (ala Constantine). Her personal issues were the retcon of her parentage and Pietro makes an appearance. I don't want to spoil too much of that.

Wonder Man was cut from the films so he's delegated to behind the scenes stuff.

I think Quicksilver was just Whedon's pick for his usual sacrifice. He does have a history of killing off characters.

I don't think the show will be House of M. It seems like from the synopsis that someone else is responsible for what's happening. And Wanda is unaware of what's going on. In Doctor Strange's synopsis it seems like Baron Mordo unleashes something terrible, and a bunch of magic users have to help Strange. So it could be whatever Mordo unleashes that also impacts Wanda. Since it's called Multiverse of Madness, and that seems to play off of At the Mountains of Madness by Lovecraft, I'm hoping for Shuma-Gorath.
    I just remembered that Wanda did damage War Machine during the Civil War airport battle, but then he seriously hurt her later on. And I forgot that Hawkeye messed her up pretty bad too. Therefore, Wanda is NOT undefeated in battle in the MCU. Ha ha! Maybe she'll face tougher opponents later.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 04-30-2020 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Wanda isn't taking a backseat in DS2, given WandaVision will lead into it and Elizabeth Olsen has been mentioned as one of the main stars, so it is her movie as much as Wong and Clea's
    I agree with you. But I still believe that Strange's people will probably have more screen time than her. If there are a lot of characters introduced we could have a Captain America: Civil War scenario again. I have to admit that would be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    If Thor Ragnarok had Hulk and there other examples i don't think there's nothing wrong with Wanda having a role in that movie

As a Wanda fan i just care about that movie because of her but i can understand that the Dr Strange fans would like to see other characters from the Strange's universe
    I'm hoping it's a good mix of everybody having fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    TWS was able to showcase both Natasha, Bucky and Sam(Sharon not that much, but I'd say her role there was still fine had been used on latter movies besides CW as well). I'm hoping DSMOM will be the same.
    A magical Civil War would be cool. Clea and Wanda fighting would be fun.

I absolutely agree. Doctor Strange and his support deserve their time to be established. And I love his lore.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I absolutely agree. Doctor Strange and his support deserve their time to be established. And I love his lore.
    Well, to get the support of one person here is great. I don't know much about Marvel magic, but I would like to learn more. I just think that for Clea to be taken seriously, they have to give her a new wardrobe.

I used to be more of a Spider-Man fan back in the day. I still like him, but as I get older I have simply lost interest in all that teenage angst stuff. It just doesn't appeal to me anymore. But the magic stuff sounds cool and weird. I hope they feature a lot of it in Wandavision. I hate it when 4chan leaks stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OL5QcJNLVf0

I think the show will be crazy, but I agree with GenericUsername that it is highly unlikely Wanda will be instigating anything. The good thing of having Jac Schaeffer in charge of the writing staff for the show is that I don't believe she will tolerate Marvel rehashing the whole "with great power comes great insanity" theme which is really popular with powerful women characters. They truly need to get past the whole "hysterical" women thing and fast. I think bringing back Quicksilver, Vision and the twins back to Wanda's reality would nullify her character growth she has had throughout the movies. Wanda dealing with love lost is something Marvel should run with. I do think the kids will be okay, however. And it's a slippery slope. More dead characters can be brought back and all the amazing character arcs from the Infinity Saga would be wasted. But I feel I'm in the minority here thinking like that. I guess Vis can come back because he can be fixed by science like you said, but his character arc would be damaged in my view (even though I am a huge fan of his). I wish I knew what the whole House of M thing is all about. Why would Wanda want to get rid of mutants and then a few years later find out she isn't even one? Convolution at its worst!