Page 56 of 271 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    The good thing of having Jac Schaeffer in charge of the writing staff for the show is that I don't believe she will tolerate Marvel rehashing the whole "with great power comes great insanity" theme which is really popular with powerful women characters. They truly need to get past the whole "hysterical" women thing and fast.
    Too true. It's one thing if the character is explicitly designed around the lack of control of their power theme, like the Hulk, but it seems to happen a lot to powerful women like Jean Grey and Wanda and Moondragon, with crazy abuses of power. Dudes like Thor, Dr. Strange or the Silver Surfer seem to be able to handle cosmic levels of power just fine, but it seems that having vast cosmic power *and* a uterus is just a step too far...

Oh look another HOM reference...
    Shame my idea wasn't picked

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Too true. It's one thing if the character is explicitly designed around the lack of control of their power theme, like the Hulk, but it seems to happen a lot to powerful women like Jean Grey and Wanda and Moondragon, with crazy abuses of power. Dudes like Thor, Dr. Strange or the Silver Surfer seem to be able to handle cosmic levels of power just fine, but it seems that having vast cosmic power *and* a uterus is just a step too far...
    Dark Phoenix has a lot to answer for...

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Dark Phoenix has a lot to answer for...
    Broccoli is delicious.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

This is the trope. It was one of Byrne's favorites.

That art is um, well that face is pretty ugly.

Six Fanart Meme done by my brother,

You make salient points. I hate it when writers fall back on tired clichés and gimmicky ideas in telling their stories. Brainwashing, insanity and reviving the dead are key examples. Think about it, Thor dealt with his trauma by turning to alcohol and excessively overeating. Many fans of his praised this "bro" behavior because it was a perfectly natural reaction to what had happened to him. Let's say Wanda did the same. A lot of her current "fans" would say "wow, that chick really let herself go." I just dislike the double standards. I think Thor and Wanda have suffered the harshest losses in the entire MCU saga, but people would NOT let them mourn in the same way. And I think that sucks. I'm intrigued by the fact that several women will be helping to write for Wandavision. I'm not sure if Wanda and Vision have ever been written about by women writers before in the comic books. I wonder what their takes on the characters will be. That's really interesting to me.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-02-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Six Fanart Meme done by my brother,
    Cute! I especially love the Sailor Venus actually lol.

Well, Rachel Summers handled the Phoenix Force just fine.
    But she wasn't the one for theatrics…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Well, Rachel Summers handled the Phoenix Force just fine.
    But she wasn't the one for theatrics…
    True, but sadly Rachel tends to be a creator's pet especially when Claremont and Davis are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Cute! I especially love the Sailor Venus actually lol.
    Cool, I'll let him know

CBR articles
    Avengers: Why Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver Are NOT Magneto's Kids
    https://www.cbr.com/scarlet-witch-qu...etos-children/

Captain Marvel Vs. Scarlet Witch: Who Is The Strongest Avenger?
    https://www.cbr.com/captain-marvel-s...er-comparison/

art by Bosslogic