Page 57 of 271 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167107157 ... LastLast

Why have Carol and Wanda fight? Wanda and Carol need to be best friends, like in comics.

I hate all the fan fight about who is most powerful. It doesn't matter at all. Battle boards are useless when anyone can beat anyone else, given the right circumstances and prep time.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

ARE Wanda and Carol bff’s?
    I’ve never really seen them hang out. They both dated Simon, but that’s the only real connection I knew they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    ARE Wanda and Carol bff’s?
    I’ve never really seen them hang out. They both dated Simon, but that’s the only real connection I knew they had.
    In the bronze age and then in Busiek's eun. These days it only gets tge rare mention.

I guess I just never got that vibe from them!

But on topic, I just came in here to show some appreciation for Wanda. I’ve always thought she was a good character, who few writers ever really “got”.

It was in the stories of them hanging out together. Wanda even went to Carol for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    art by Bosslogic

Poor Carol, like honestly...

The majority of locals are supporting Wanda because they don't like the MCU Carol, even thought Wanda is very likeable for them after Endgame and her fight with Thanos got viral tweets praising her recently

Extraordinary Member

Where is this from?
    HoM reference aside, I like the indication that Wanda is neither side of the force, I mean, if she is a Star Wars character.

Videos like this makes some people believe she's always on HoM levels, they just generate confusion, i know she's currently a reality warper but they put all those scans from comics with context... She can go on "similar levels" but she needs power source to cast enough Energy

IMG_20200507_011714.jpg
    I like that they said she uses magic and studied with Agatha.

Link:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/12...066157574?s=19
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-06-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I guess I just never got that vibe from them!

But on topic, I just came in here to show some appreciation for Wanda. I’ve always thought she was a good character, who few writers ever really “got”.
    They've had their struggles, like after Avengers Disassembled and I don't think they're besties but they are friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Videos like this makes some people believe she's always on HoM levels, they just generate confusion, i know she's currently a reality warper but they put all those scans from comics with context... She can go on "similar levels" but she needs power source to cast enough Energy

IMG_20200507_011714.jpg
    I like that they said she uses magic and studied with Agatha.

Link:

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/12...066157574?s=19
    I think reality warping and all the other re-definitions were to try and simplify what her powers are able to do. But ends up making things more confusing. Especially since she can't always reality warp. And at normal levels seems to be only possible if she taps into an energy powerful enough. But technically you could say that magic can reality warp on a smaller scale. I think they should just stick with the chaos magic description. Because all of that is possible with the power of Chthon.

Extraordinary Member

Some good news for once: Charles Murphy's site reports that special-effects work is almost finished on "WandaVision" .

He doesn't seem to think it's likely that they'll release it before "Falcon & Winter Soldier," which will need more additional filming, but personally I hope Disney+ just gets desperate for new material and chooses to release it ASAP.
    Last edited by gurkle; 05-07-2020 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Too true. It's one thing if the character is explicitly designed around the lack of control of their power theme, like the Hulk, but it seems to happen a lot to powerful women like Jean Grey and Wanda and Moondragon, with crazy abuses of power. Dudes like Thor, Dr. Strange or the Silver Surfer seem to be able to handle cosmic levels of power just fine, but it seems that having vast cosmic power *and* a uterus is just a step too far...
    I had no idea that the hysterical women trope has SUCH a long history and that even up to the past couple of years it was still being used in television/film storytelling on a fairly regular basis. I think we need to get past this. I think these TV/movie writers are doing a HORRIBLE job of portraying mental illness and they have to discard damaging clichés which have plagued our societies for millennia. As I said, Jac Schaeffer and her team of several female writers could definitely prevent Wanda from going on a self-destructive path. I also think the Vision will play a HUGE role in preventing Wanda from "going off the deep end." I have said earlier in this thread, I believe Wandavision will be Vis's final curtain call. I think his legacy will be helping Wanda fulfill her destiny as the Scarlet Witch. I think the board members here will be really happy with this result. There might be a cameo for Vis in the Multiverse of Madness, but I think his story arc is coming to an end.

And even though I don't know much about the House of M story, aren't Magneto and Quicksilver heavily implicated in that event? One of them is dead and the other doesn't even exist in the MCU. There are no mutants in the MCU either. Wanda's parents were killed by Stark Industries' weapons, correct? So I just can't see this storyline happening. Elizabeth Olsen will be too old by the time the mutants are established in the MCU, and she might be gone by then. Then the Scarlet Witch will not have harmed anybody. Anyhow, I found two online articles which deal with crazy women in fiction who are just overwhelmed by their power:

https://kirabrighton.weebly.com/my-b...lepathic-woman

https://bartcave.wordpress.com/2020/...-disassembled/
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-07-2020 at 08:31 PM.

Poor Carol, like honestly...

The majority of locals are supporting Wanda because they don't like the MCU Carol, even thought Wanda is very likeable for them after Endgame and her fight with Thanos got viral tweets praising her recently
    Not fair at all. Carol didn't have three movies to build up her character before Endgame. Wanda did. I think once the new Captain Marvel movies come out, she'll be more popular. They got to show a humorous and compassionate side to her character. And I think they will. I hear they have some new directors and writers involved, so I'm hoping things will improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Not fair at all. Carol didn't have three movies to build up her character before Endgame. Wanda did. I think once the new Captain Marvel movies come out, she'll be more popular. They got to show a humorous and compassionate side to her character. And I think they will. I hear they have some new directors and writers involved, so I'm hoping things will improve.
    MCU Wanda was most of a side character until Infinity war which i'm happy that she got a lot of screen time there, it's true that Carol didn't have a lot of screen time but Let's not fool ourselfs, there are groups of people that are so against the character (Carol) and the actress that ins't even funny

MCU Wanda was most of a side character until Infinity war which i'm happy that she got a lot of screen time there, it's true that Carol didn't have a lot of screen time but Let's not fool ourselfs, there are groups of people that are so against the character (Carol) and the actress that ins't even funny
    Those people are making things political. Most people that are being legit and not making arguments out of bad faith have mostly liked the movie. Acknowledged flaws sure, they've done that with every MCU film. But not sought out to review bomb it by creating fake accounts and all that garbage. There's a sect of the population that will always be mad that a female led film is getting attention. They only use Wanda as a cudgel against Carol. They never gave a damn about either. So who cares what they think? They can cry some more.