Page 58 of 271 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast

@Albert1981, even the word “hysteria” (and all derivatives) has misogynistic origins. It comes from the Greek word hystera , which means uterus.

There’s also a dark side of medical history involving hysterical diagnoses...and have you ever wondered why vibrators were invented?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    MCU Wanda was most of a side character until Infinity war which i'm happy that she got a lot of screen time there, it's true that Carol didn't have a lot of screen time but Let's not fool ourselfs, there are groups of people that are so against the character (Carol) and the actress that ins't even funny
    Oh sure I agree that Wanda got very little time before IW. But a LOT of people remember Paprikash from Civil War for some reason. It was such a short scene, but really memorable. Pretty sad considering how things turned out later. I think the writers and directors have to give Larson more material to work with in her own movies. I would make her less badass and more sympathetic. I don't blame Brie for what's happened. I concur that for some reason a lot of people hate Brie and Captain Marvel for no good reason. I believe politics has played a huge role here unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    @Albert1981, even the word “hysteria” (and all derivatives) has misogynistic origins. It comes from the Greek word hystera , which means uterus.

There’s also a dark side of medical history involving hysterical diagnoses...and have you ever wondered why vibrators were invented?
    Oh yeah. I've been reading up on the subject. It's such a destructive trope. Male writers love using it especially when it comes to women AND their children. I don't think Wandavision will have this problem because so many women writers are involved. And thanks for the comments on the vibrators! Really informative.

Happy ‘WANDAVISION’ Production News
    https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ha...s-for-filming/

I’m delighted to bring some positive Disney Plus/Marvel news to you all today, I’ve heard through a trusted source that WandaVision has finished filming after all and possibly VFX on the series is done as well. All that’s left is the editing (barring any reshoots, of course). Previous information was that there was still a bit of filming left, signs indicating that it had to do with references and changes to The Falcon and the Winter Soldier pandemic storyline. But it sounds like it will be straightened out in editing, at least in WandaVision’s case.
    What does this mean for when we might see the Scarlet Witch and her beloved Vision on our TV screen? Well, we may need to keep our feet on the ground a bit here, as it seems unlikely they’d air the show very far ahead of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness which is currently scheduled for release on March 25, 2022. There is also the matter of finishing up The Falcon and The Winter Soldier’s filming, 3 weeks at least, before WandaVision airs. The shows were originally scheduled in a certain order for a reason, and if WandaVision has things that spoil The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, even without the reference to the pandemic story line in it anymore, it is unlikely that WandaVision would be moved ahead of it unless there are major changes and reshoots to that show.

That's only sort of happy. Things are moving smoothly, but unfortunately stupid pandemic is holding everything up.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I think they are going to release the series in the original date before december

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I think they are going to release the series in the original date before december
    We hope but things have been delayed in other areas because places like to have launch parties for big releases. Some have gone ahead and released things. But Disney overall is taking a hard stance about not releasing some of their bigger, more popular things until after this blows over.

I never believe any "trusted" source on the interent. As far as I'm considered WandaVision is delayed until probably next year. Also with DS2 pushed back, Disney won't be in a big hurry to release WandaVision too early

Yeah I'm also wanting to temper expectations. Because of what we are dealing with being so unprecedented. And I do want them to be careful first and foremost. Because health and well-being is more important.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I think reality warping and all the other re-definitions were to try and simplify what her powers are able to do. But ends up making things more confusing. Especially since she can't always reality warp. And at normal levels seems to be only possible if she taps into an energy powerful enough. But technically you could say that magic can reality warp on a smaller scale. I think they should just stick with the chaos magic description. Because all of that is possible with the power of Chthon.
    I think people sometimes never question the scale of said power, like conjuring up a piece of pizza would also qualify as reality, carrying half a ton is already considered super strength, heating your water can also count as some sort of energy/heat manipulation. When it comes to reality warping, people automatically think it's planet/large scale.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

Wait, so it's basically like "baby crazy"...

Health and safety comes first. It's just too risky to rush things. I don't think Wandavision will be broadcast this year, unfortunately.

Wow! I'm shocked Vis is so popular amongst Disney+ viewers. The dude didn't even get his own movie like Iron Man and Dr Strange did. This could mean only good things for Wandavision!

https://www.pennlive.com/entertainme...o-ant-man.html

Do you think Vision will refuse to wash the dishes because he doesn't eat?

I think he'd do it for Wanda. Just like attempting to cook for her, hehe.