Page 60 of 271 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast

I have my doubts that Pietro appears, since the actor said that there are no plans right now for him to play him again. He had been busy with roles in a couple movies.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Could be some ebil sort has trapped Wanda in a feelgood vision (pun intended) of her living a happy suburban life with Vision, but since it's drawn from her subconscious (here there be dragons...) and she grew up in wartorn Sokovia and knows crap all about what that sort of life would actually entail, save from old American 'I Love Lucy' reruns, it all gets whacky and keeps resetting as the absurdities mount and make it keep becoming unbelievable, as whatever badddie is desperately trying to keep her trapped there.

Nightmare, from the upcoming Dr. Strange movie would be one possibility. Or, keeping to relevant to her own story, she blew up the Mind Stone, and it was said in Age of Ultron that it had it's own sentience, which created Ultron (and made him such a dick), so *the Mind Stone* might be pre-emptively striking out at her and attempting to neutralize a potential threat to it's own existence!

Anything external to the character would, IMO, be preferable to 'Wanda goes cray-cray and traps herself in a sitcom, 'cause women with great power lose control and gotta be put down for the greater good, it's so unnatural...' (See, Grey, Jean or Stormborn, Daenerys.)
    I like all of your proposed ideas. I agree with your view that it looks like Vis and Wanda might be trapped somewhere against their wills and don't understand what the hell is going on or who is manipulating them. The Mind Stone theory is pretty interesting too. If it was sentient, it definitely had an AWESOME and SICK sense of humor. That was my favorite part of the Age of Ultron:

I can't physically throw up in my mouth, but.

Clearly you've never made an omelette.

Oh for God's sake.

How soon? I'm not being pushy.

You were supposed to be the last. Stark asked for a savior, and settled for a slave.

You're unbearably naïve.

I thought Ultron was a GREAT villain in that movie. Those were just SOME of the lines he said during that film which I loved. I thought he was even more human than Vision was at that time.

If they go the GoT and Dark Phoenix route, there will definitely be an uproar. It would be such a pathetic way of trying to build up her character. It WILL damage her standing with viewers. She's ALREADY been a villain. So I don't think Jac and company will go there.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-11-2020 at 06:48 AM.

I prefer it to be full magic instead of the same story with the Infinity Stones again, Feige said we are going to see the real Scarlet Witch and with Agatha there i hope there's a lot of magic, with magic you can do stuff like "reality warping" so this can the reason she's trapped by someone or she created a pocket reality for herself in which she starts losing control or someone is manipulating her

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I prefer it to be full magic instead of the same story with the Infinity Stones again, Feige said we are going to see the real Scarlet Witch and with Agatha there i hope there's a lot of magic, with magic you can do stuff like "reality warping" so this can the reason she's trapped by someone or she created a pocket reality for herself in which she starts losing control or someone is manipulating her
    I would go with the magic route too. At this point, Loki should be the main person involved with the stones because he has one! I think Wanda is unintentionally involved with what is happening in Wandavision, but forces are definitely manipulating her and Vision.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-11-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I have my doubts that Pietro appears, since the actor said that there are no plans right now for him to play him again. He had been busy with roles in a couple movies.
    I think Johnson is lying. He could easily drop by in Atlanta to do a brief scene and Marvel would give him bags of money to do so. Johnson's career has never really taken off ever since Age of Ultron, which is a shame since he's a good actor. Look how well Olsen and Bettany are doing now! They're finally getting a chance to shine, and Johnson's totally missing out on that. Disney probably feels bad about the whole situation and it would be a classy move on their part to give Johnson some much-needed exposure.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-11-2020 at 07:13 AM.

If they go with reality warping, I hope Chthon is involved. Since that is the source of that level of power. Agatha being the one to teach her traditional magic to help control her abilities. I know the MCU does things different, but the Chthon stuff is really interesting. And it wouldn't be as believable that something like reality warping could be simply taught.

But I too believe that it someone else messing with Wanda. Since the synopsis seems to reflect that.
    Last edited by GenericUsername; 05-11-2020 at 07:45 AM.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Yeah, I'm hoping Jac and team do a great job. It seems to be the most anticipated show.
    I actually think they will. I've seen her and Matt Shakman talking in interviews saying they have answers to all our questions about this bonkers series. I am confident they will do justice to both Wanda and Vision. Bettany has stated that the scripts are 'amazing' and the show has been written 'beautifully'. I don't know if you agree, but I'm so happy this show will be really chatty and less fighting will be involved. Kind of like the MCU's version of a Woody Allen romantic comedy with magic. It would so different from standard Marvel fare tonally and I believe audiences will embrace that. We'll finally get to know who Wanda and Vision really are apart from their superhero personas. And I believe it will have a good mix of humor, weirdness, action and drama. I think Jac knows what she's doing and I'm so excited!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-11-2020 at 07:40 AM.

I see WandaVision being a ploy of Nightmare to gain more power, by trapping Wanda in a dream world and then turning it into a nightmare so he can feed off her misery and despair.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I see WandaVision being a ploy of Nightmare to gain more power, by trapping Wanda in a dream world and then turning it into a nightmare so he can feed off her misery and despair.
    Oh that's good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Gosh, I hope so! Evan Peters was fun as hell in the X-movies, but Aaron Taylor-Johnson's Quicksilver seemed way more true to the character, and one of my biggest pet peeves in the whole MCU was that his dynamic interesting *fun* character died to save frikkin' Hawkeye, of all people. (First biggest pet peeve was Drax calling Gamora a 'whore' in GotG, thirty minutes after painstakingly explaining that his people don't use metaphors, and wouldn't call her that unless he thought she was *an actual prostitute.* Unacceptable language on it's face, but even worse, technically wrong! )

Granted, I'm not expecting anything to come out of 'WandaVision' as real (a mysterious pregnancy that goes away on it's own, and yet foreshadows the equally mysterious appearances of Billy and Tommy later maybe?), and I'd kinda like Quicksilver back for real and permanently, not just as a delusion in WandaVision...
    I don't think Quicksilver will come back permanently. I just don't believe the MCU wants to revive dead characters because it would make their sacrifices meaningless. I know in comic books it's not a big deal, people come back from the dead all the time. But for film and television it would be really different because these are live actors and actresses we are talking about. I absolutely agree with James Gunn when he says:

“So you don’t think any characters in films should die? I can’t agree. I think films help us to deal with our own mortality and the mortality of those we love, and seeing that through the lens of story/fable/myth is of benefit to people… In addition, the death of some characters makes the survival of others more meaningful.”

I think Quicksilver's death was heroic, but was not done in a really satisfactory way. That's why I support him making an appearance in Wandavision to get a proper send-off. I liked Johnson's portrayal of Quicksilver too. He was a naughty boy, but he wasn't as dickish as his comic counterpart. I actually agreed with Whedon's decision to kill off some characters because if the bad guys and gals keep getting vanquished without them doing any damage on our heroes, it would make the villains look weak and not worth fighting in my view.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-11-2020 at 07:14 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh, I agree with you. That scene made TOTAL sense and didn't at the same time. I concur that Vision was learning how to be human, but he inadvertently got really romantic while doing so. As I said, I remember reading many posts online saying that scene was kind of the best part of the movie. I figure you might feel the same way since you didn't like the source material upon which the movie was based. I also thought it was really endearing as well. I confess, I thought it was the best part of Civil War because the filmmakers obviously put a lot of effort into it. I felt the dialogue and acting was not forced at all, even though the scene was kind of awkward. I do think the writers HAVE to give Wanda some better lines in Wandavision. Vision's lines are SO much stronger and heartfelt. "A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts", "Well, I was born yesterday", and "You could never hurt me...I just feel you". I understand in many ways it IS harder to write for women characters, but I'm really hoping Jac Schaeffer and her team can pull it off in Wandavision. It would give Olsen more material to work with. I think Schaeffer and her female writers are the ONLY people that will prevent Wanda from "descending into madness" during the series. Marvel Studios and Disney need only look at how the last season of the Game of Thrones and the Dark Phoenix were received last year to know that would be a HUGE mistake. So many female viewers would be upset if they went down that road. Coincidentally, ALL the writers who worked on the Dark Phoenix and the last season of the Game of Thrones were men. I can't emphasize this fact enough.
    Ahhh, if anything GOT S8 reignite my desire to read good fantasy books and wait for Martin's actual canon to come out.
    For D&D, I don't even want to say "oh, it's because they are men", it's simply their utter and total incompetence without the source material that actually has bunch of flawed yet intriguing female characters, which is written by a dude.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah, the stones served their purpose, it's time to move on, especially WandaVision/DS2 package should be setting up more mystical part of the MCU.

Extraordinary Member

If they go with reality warping, I hope Chthon is involved. Since that is the source of that level of power. Agatha being the one to teach her traditional magic to help control her abilities. I know the MCU does things different, but the Chthon stuff is really interesting. And it wouldn't be as believable that something like reality warping could be simply taught.

But I too believe that it someone else messing with Wanda. Since the synopsis seems to reflect that.
    I think it would be like "Trueman's World" situation, but there are parts of the world that are real.(Namely certain actors, like Agatha.)
    The world itself would be like a trap set up by either Chthon or Nightmare with the intention to either feed her fear and despair or sway her to their side.(Chthon playing the evil yet caring in a strange manner father figure. Unlike Magneto, he can play this part without coming off as "humanized" himself, he could be genuinely caring about his creation or "children", but that's where his love starts and ends, and he has no love for Gaea's children, which is like almost everything breathing on Earth.)
    But I think the general theme would be different depending on which deity they use, while Nightmare will actively shatter Wanda's dream to turn it into a nightmare to feast upon, Chthon would probably encourage Wanda to accept her "true self"(the part he grant her) and indulge in the activity to shape the world to her own liking, and in doing so achieve his own goal of spreading his influence over Earth.
    As conceptual beings, Elder Gods could represents what certain parts of characters would end up if taken to the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Ahhh, if anything GOT S8 reignite my desire to read good fantasy books and wait for Martin's actual canon to come out.
    For D&D, I don't even want to say "oh, it's because they are men", it's simply their utter and total incompetence without the source material that actually has bunch of flawed yet intriguing female characters, which is written by a dude.
    Oh, I apologize for sounding like I dislike male writers. I don't want to trash dudes. I am one and I like being one too. What I meant to say is that there is virtually no chance that women writers would make their female protagonists act the way they did in Game of Thrones season 8 and Dark Phoenix from what I've heard. The whole women going mad with power is something female writers generally shy away from. And from what I understand, it's not entirely fair to blame D&D entirely as bad writers. Most people generally seem to think they are excellent ADAPTERS of source material. They emphasise important points and do away with irrelevant stuff while telling stories in an engaging way. That's what made the show successful in the first place so they do deserve credit for the show's earlier success. I think it was too much to ask of them to write their OWN material because it was beyond their abilities.

I also read that Martin DIDN'T want to complete his books before the show concluded because he didn't want his books to compete with the show. And his writing pace has dramatically slowed in recent years. He hasn't written a book in like eight years! Maybe he knew Game of Thrones would fail without him and dissatisfied viewers would seek his novels out like you will! In that case, he is an evil genius. Or maybe he's just gotten kind of lazy and has major writer's block.

Jac Schaeffer and her staff will also be adapting source material from the comic books, but I definitely think they have some bonkers ideas of their own which they will inject into Wandavision. They're definitely taking a different approach than previous writers from the MCU I believe.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainmen...ow-mcu-phase-4
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-12-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I think it would be like "Trueman's World" situation, but there are parts of the world that are real.(Namely certain actors, like Agatha.)
    The world itself would be like a trap set up by either Chthon or Nightmare with the intention to either feed her fear and despair or sway her to their side.(Chthon playing the evil yet caring in a strange manner father figure. Unlike Magneto, he can play this part without coming off as "humanized" himself, he could be genuinely caring about his creation or "children", but that's where his love starts and ends, and he has no love for Gaea's children, which is like almost everything breathing on Earth.)
    But I think the general theme would be different depending on which deity they use, while Nightmare will actively shatter Wanda's dream to turn it into a nightmare to feast upon, Chthon would probably encourage Wanda to accept her "true self"(the part he grant her) and indulge in the activity to shape the world to her own liking, and in doing so achieve his own goal of spreading his influence over Earth.
    As conceptual beings, Elder Gods could represents what certain parts of characters would end up if taken to the extreme.
    Very interesting.