Page 62 of 271 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh wow, I forgot that it's the Mind Stone that past-Loki absconded with... That just makes it more convoluted and fun!

And yeah, I don't think that Vision (or Pietro, if he appears) are coming out of this fantasy world of WandaVision. I'd like if Quicksilver were alive (and Hawkeye had died instead, in Age of Ultron), but it is what it is, and I don't think it would be good to bring him (or Vision) back to life permanently through the events of WandaVision.

Just Wanda's coming out of this, IMO. There may be repercussions in the 'real world,' but I don't feel like resurrections (or a magical pregnancy, shudder...), are among them.
    Yeah, the Loki series should be really interesting. But I do think it could be Tom Hiddleston's last hurrah as well. If not, I think Thor: Love & Thunder will be it for him. Not sure about Chris Hemsworth. I think he could be saying goodbye after Thor: Love & Thunder as well. You certainly get the feeling that the old guard is gradually departing from the MCU with Hawkeye, War Machine, Hulk, Nick Fury and the Vision bowing out in the not too distant future (I can even see Ant-Man retiring after the conclusion of his trilogy as well).

I agree with your analysis on Vision and Quicksilver. My personal preference is to see them return because I love the characters. However, it would make life a little too perfect for Wanda. Then her losses wouldn't have meant anything. She would be like a literal goddess and I don't think fans would like that. I am also in agreement with you in regards to the whole magical pregnancy thing. For Wanda to create her kids through magic might be a bridge too far for television viewers. If she wants to have twins, in all seriousness, she should get a sperm donor. Maury can worry about who the daddy is later. That is something audiences can get behind. I actually think the twins WILL survive the show because Marvel is clearly building up the Young Avengers for the future. I'm just curious if they will appear in the Multiverse of Madness with Wanda.

I think it's very possible Vision WILL temporarily be revived during the series. Wandavision director Matt Shakman stated that: "I think we've all been quite taken by that union. It's [WandaVision] is the exploration of that bizarre, strange, completely right kind of love and it's about watching them explore their relationship and growing it." And Paul Bettany said “I think there’s been a real progression in the characters and the relationship and to actually be able to spend the time on that. Each time there’s more exciting stuff for us to do.… The scripts we are reading so far are so bonkers.” Kevin Feige chimed in by saying that WandaVision will "further explore who Vision is." That doesn't sound like Wanda, Chthon and/or Nightmare are going to be creating a "fake" version of Vision to me. Bettany claimed that being in Wandavision is one of the highlights of his career, so I can't imagine Vision is going to be not real. My personal view is that Vision is going to be thrilled to have a wife and kids in this fake reality (something he has always wanted), but will eventually realize that this situation is causing Wanda pain. And he will sacrifice himself to protect his family. But that's just a guess. I can't imagine Marvel Studios will make him stand by while Wanda is suffering. That just totally goes against his character. I really hope they don't go the reincarnation route for the kids. It's just too convoluted and confusing. Make Wanda's kids HERS biologically.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    i thought he teleported out with another tesseract, which is why cap and tony went to 1970
    I think he's got the Space Stone in that Tesseract. It was pretty confusing to me!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I agree w. you.

For my build, though, i went w. the premise of, given the team is doing its own thing on Krakoa, Wanda taking the X-Men name, and representing those mutants who -havent- isolated themselves, as well as helping the public in general, and saying we're the X-Men now.
    While a neat idea, I don't think some X-fans will take it well. And it probably won't make sense in story since why would Wanda want to use the X-Men name or feel she can use it anyway?
    If anything she would use the Avengers brand even if the team is mostly made up of mutants.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Not only do fans want to see people like Magneto and Quicksilver appear in Wandavision, I've noticed a growing drumbeat for Wonder Man to show up too! Many web pages have been devoted to explaining why Simon Williams HAS to play a role in this series ever since it was announced. These folks have been FURIOUS for the past five years because they felt that JARVIS and the Mind Stone had no right to create Vision in the MCU, and his origins in the movies should not have differed from the comic books. I can understand their frustration because they are fans of Wonder Man, but I feel that at this point it's just too late to add him to Wanda's and Vision's story. They should do it later if they want to. I personally believe it won't make any difference because I don't think Vis is coming back.
    Simon could definitely play a role, but he is not necessary.
    Ultron's line of brainwave-based AIs is an interesting concept that is unfortunately never adapted in MCU.
    But again the chance has passed, may just well let it go.
    I don't mind Simon got revamped a bit and take the neighbor slot, I like the celebrity/actor element of his.(Kinda a shame that never comes into play with Wanda's former desire for an acting career.)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    i thought he teleported out with another tesseract, which is why cap and tony went to 1970
    My bad, I'm get all my McGuffins confused. I'd blame it on being color blind, but that doesn't explain mistaking a cube for a scepter.

I agree with your analysis on Vision and Quicksilver. My personal preference is to see them return because I love the characters. However, it would make life a little too perfect for Wanda. Then her losses wouldn't have meant anything. She would be like a literal goddess and I don't think fans would like that. I am also in agreement with you in regards to the whole magical pregnancy thing. For Wanda to create her kids through magic might be a bridge too far for television viewers. If she wants to have twins, in all seriousness, she should get a sperm donor. Maury can worry about who the daddy is later. That is something audiences can get behind. I actually think the twins WILL survive the show because Marvel is clearly building up the Young Avengers for the future. I'm just curious if they will appear in the Multiverse of Madness with Wanda.
    I don't think anyone really wants to see Billy and Tommy as infants, toddlers, young children, etc. for the next fifteen years, before we get to see them as teenage Young Avengers, so I do think they are going to find a way to square that circle. Perhaps have them come from somewhere else in the 'multiverse of madness' that can no longer be home to them (cause Dormammu ate it, or something?) would allow them to be the children of *a* Wanda, and all growed, without necessarily being *this* Wanda's children, or us having to watch the diaper-years or pre-school, elementary school, etc.

I think it's very possible Vision WILL temporarily be revived during the series. Wandavision director Matt Shakman stated that: "I think we've all been quite taken by that union. It's [WandaVision] is the exploration of that bizarre, strange, completely right kind of love and it's about watching them explore their relationship and growing it." And Paul Bettany said “I think there’s been a real progression in the characters and the relationship and to actually be able to spend the time on that. Each time there’s more exciting stuff for us to do.… The scripts we are reading so far are so bonkers.” Kevin Feige chimed in by saying that WandaVision will "further explore who Vision is." That doesn't sound like Wanda, Chthon and/or Nightmare are going to be creating a "fake" version of Vision to me. Bettany claimed that being in Wandavision is one of the highlights of his career, so I can't imagine Vision is going to be not real. My personal view is that Vision is going to be thrilled to have a wife and kids in this fake reality (something he has always wanted), but will eventually realize that this situation is causing Wanda pain. And he will sacrifice himself to protect his family. But that's just a guess. I can't imagine Marvel Studios will make him stand by while Wanda is suffering. That just totally goes against his character. I really hope they don't go the reincarnation route for the kids. It's just too convoluted and confusing. Make Wanda's kids HERS biologically.
    The seed of Vision's consciousness, as well as Ultron's, lies with the Mind Stone, in part (as well as bits of other stuff, like Jarvis), so all the ingredients are still there for him to exist, I suppose, not even counting wonky stuff like time travel or multiversal dopplegangers or Wanda just willing it to be so, really hard.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    While a neat idea, I don't think some X-fans will take it well. And it probably won't make sense in story since why would Wanda want to use the X-Men name or feel she can use it anyway?
    If anything she would use the Avengers brand even if the team is mostly made up of mutants.
    Most X fans don’t like Wanda anyway, so that doesn’t really concern me.
    As for why use the X Men name? To show the mutants not affiliated w. Krakoa that there’s still a team for them to rely on, one that doesn’t come w. strings attached, demand undying loyalty, require them to uproot their lives and isolate themselves on an island etc.
    Plus if it were an actual comic, the scene where news of the new team reaches The QC and their reaction to it would be funny af.

Yeah the only people who want her to bring Mutants to the MCU are desesperate x-men fans who want them in the MCU or just locals who still stuck at the Magneto being her father thing

Real x-men readers don't like the idea of Wanda creating/bringing Mutants because it really doesn't make no sense, she's not a character of that franchise, never was part of that Team apart from being a villain in the very start of her comic book career.

Talking about WandaVision, just saw this interview from last year in which Elizabeth Olsen talks about how they're exploring Scarlet Witch and about some comic book roots and that's gonna be wild

I wonder what comic books they showed her
    or what she read in the script to say this
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 05-15-2020 at 02:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Yeah the only people who want her to bring Mutants to the MCU are desesperate x-men fans who want them in the MCU or just locals who still stuck at the Magneto being her father thing
    Except X-fans don't need to be desperate for this to occur, we know that Marvel will introduce the mutants to MCU eventually now they got the rights back from Fox. Is there a problem with having the latter opinion?

Real x-men readers don't like the idea of Wanda creating/bringing Mutants because it really doesn't make no sense, she's not a character of that franchise, never was part of that Team apart from being a villain in the very start of her comic book career.
    "Real" X-men fans come from a wide variety of opinions, there are no "fake" X-men fans. Various X-men started off as villains like Scarlet Witch, like Rogue. Colossus joined the Brotherhood for a time, as well. Characters don't have to be local to specific franchise to affect them, Onslaught was an X-villain and he killed the Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom and the Avengers. It makes sense due to the fact that she's not a super-villain who refuses to assist people when she can, and she was a mutant for the majority of her life until a retcon. She's not her father, who would enslave humanity if he could get away with it.

Talking about WandaVision, just saw this interview from last year in which Elizabeth Olsen talks about how they're exploring Scarlet Witch and about some comic book roots and that's gonna be wild

The more I hear about this show the more I want to see it. It sounds absolutely bonkers in the right way.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I don't think anyone really wants to see Billy and Tommy as infants, toddlers, young children, etc. for the next fifteen years, before we get to see them as teenage Young Avengers, so I do think they are going to find a way to square that circle. Perhaps have them come from somewhere else in the 'multiverse of madness' that can no longer be home to them (cause Dormammu ate it, or something?) would allow them to be the children of *a* Wanda, and all growed, without necessarily being *this* Wanda's children, or us having to watch the diaper-years or pre-school, elementary school, etc.
    We won't actually have to wait that long. There have been reports about the show saying the twins will grow rapidly through the course of the series, ending up as teenagers. They were casting for babies and 8-year-olds at one point, so that's an 8-year time jump already, and if I had to guess, we're going to have another 8-year time jump and see them as 16-year-olds by the end of the show, which is just the perfect age if they wanna reuse whoever plays the teen versions for future Marvel productions.

I definitely don't think the twins from WandaVision's world are just gonna show up in the main reality without any changes, though, because I still think the WV world is not really real (and the twins aging so fast while Wanda and Viz apparently don't is evidence of that). So we're definitely getting some comic-booky explanation as to how the twins will transition. I agree that Multiverse Of Madness might play a role in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post

I wonder what comic books they showed her
    or what she read in the script to say this
    We know The Vision by Tom King has been an inspiration for the show. We've seen panels of The Vision & The Scarlet Witch, Avengers Disassembled and House Of M on that Disney+ mini-documentary. So I'm guessing all of those comics, plus if I had to guess another one we haven't heard about, I still think they will take some inspiration from James Robinson's Scarlet Witch book if they wanna explore the more mystical aspects of Wanda as a character.

Marvel Movies Improved With the Addition of Scarlet Witch
    https://comicbook.com/movies/news/av...-improved-mcu/

Marvel: 5 Times Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch Was Comics Accurate (& 5 Times She Wasn't)
    https://www.cbr.com/mcu-scarlet-witch-comics-accurate/

Why Scarlet Witch Isn't a Mutant Anymore (and Won't Be Again)
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-scarle...t-xmen-mutant/
    Last edited by Witchfan; 05-15-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Simon could definitely play a role, but he is not necessary.
    Ultron's line of brainwave-based AIs is an interesting concept that is unfortunately never adapted in MCU.
    But again the chance has passed, may just well let it go.
    I don't mind Simon got revamped a bit and take the neighbor slot, I like the celebrity/actor element of his.(Kinda a shame that never comes into play with Wanda's former desire for an acting career.)
    That's a great idea! Maybe having Simon appear as a brief guest star in Wandavision will be a nod to the history of the comic books between Wonder Man, Wanda and Vision. It wouldn't interfere with the main story and it could be humorous. I think the Ultron brainwave-based AI idea is fascinating, but I think Age of Ultron would have been way too long a movie if it showed Vision rebelling against Ultron before joining the Avengers. And I really liked Tony retorting to Steve when they were creating Vis by asking "How about "nonce"?" I thought that was very amusing.

My bad, I'm get all my McGuffins confused. I'd blame it on being color blind, but that doesn't explain mistaking a cube for a scepter.

The seed of Vision's consciousness, as well as Ultron's, lies with the Mind Stone, in part (as well as bits of other stuff, like Jarvis), so all the ingredients are still there for him to exist, I suppose, not even counting wonky stuff like time travel or multiversal dopplegangers or Wanda just willing it to be so, really hard.
    I agree your idea on the multiverse could be key here. To have them be the children of a Wanda conceived by sperm donor perhaps in another universe could make sense. I think the series could get really wacky with all sorts of dimensions appearing and that could be fun. Vision appearing through time travel or having come from another universe could also be feasible.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    We won't actually have to wait that long. There have been reports about the show saying the twins will grow rapidly through the course of the series, ending up as teenagers. They were casting for babies and 8-year-olds at one point, so that's an 8-year time jump already, and if I had to guess, we're going to have another 8-year time jump and see them as 16-year-olds by the end of the show, which is just the perfect age if they wanna reuse whoever plays the teen versions for future Marvel productions.

I definitely don't think the twins from WandaVision's world are just gonna show up in the main reality without any changes, though, because I still think the WV world is not really real (and the twins aging so fast while Wanda and Viz apparently don't is evidence of that). So we're definitely getting some comic-booky explanation as to how the twins will transition. I agree that Multiverse Of Madness might play a role in that.

We know The Vision by Tom King has been an inspiration for the show. We've seen panels of The Vision & The Scarlet Witch, Avengers Disassembled and House Of M on that Disney+ mini-documentary. So I'm guessing all of those comics, plus if I had to guess another one we haven't heard about, I still think they will take some inspiration from James Robinson's Scarlet Witch book if they wanna explore the more mystical aspects of Wanda as a character.
    I think it would be cool if they partially adapted Robinson's book. I saw Olsen holding it in a photograph some time ago. King's book is definitely gonna be part of the show. As I recall, Bettany stated that there would be an epic battle to conclude the series. I'm curious to find out if the twins (who could be teens by this time) would participate along with people like Dr. Strange in that fight. Vision's phasing, super-strength and laser-blasting skills might be pretty useless against powerful demonic forces. You need magic to fight magic. I think it's great that the show is gonna be insane because magic allows for that kind of thing. But I do think the series has to have somewhat plausible explanations and reasonable answers to how Vision is revived, how the twins are conceived, how Wanda and Vis got to be where they are and how Wanda gets back to the "real world". It would be lazy writing to just explain these points away by saying it was just magic doing those things. I'm fairly confident Jac Schaeffer and Megan McDonnell will get the job done there.

I think it would be cool if they partially adapted Robinson's book. I saw Olsen holding it in a photograph some time ago. King's book is definitely gonna be part of the show. As I recall, Bettany stated that there would be an epic battle to conclude the series. I'm curious to find out if the twins (who could be teens by this time) would participate along with people like Dr. Strange in that fight. Vision's phasing, super-strength and laser-blasting skills might be pretty useless against powerful demonic forces. You need magic to fight magic. I think it's great that the show is gonna be insane because magic allows for that kind of thing. But I do think the series has to have somewhat plausible explanations and reasonable answers to how Vision is revived, how the twins are conceived, how Wanda and Vis got to be where they are and how Wanda gets back to the "real world". It would be lazy writing to just explain these points away by saying it was just magic doing those things. I'm fairly confident Jac Schaeffer and Megan McDonnell will get the job done there.
    I'd love for Wanda to be a magic detective in the movies.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Kevin Feige has already said the inspiration on Tom King's Vision is mostly aesthetic though. I think Vision and the Scarlet Witch is really the main source of inspiration for the story.