Page 63 of 271 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I'd love for Wanda to be a magic detective in the movies.
    That would be cool. But it definitely sounds really "grown-up" for a Disney picture. But it could work. But only if they make it funny, which might be tricky for that kind of story. I know a lot of "fanboys" detest how the MCU has made characters like Dr. Strange, Thor, Loki, the Hulk, War Machine, Ant-Man and the Guardians of Galaxy into goofballs, but I don't agree with them at all. If these heroes WEREN'T funny, then they would rapidly become unpopular. It would be like the DCEU and we know they're just a HUGE ray of sunshine. I know some comic book readers are angered that they are making Wanda and Vision humorous too, but I WANT them to. I thought they were necessarily serious in the Infinity Saga, but it's now time for them to let their hair down. I actually hope the comics adopt this approach as well. I can see Vis and Wanda clashing over tastes in music. He clearly has an affinity for jazz while she probably likes punk rock. Just as long as they're arguing in an affectionate way, I'm down for that. If you told me five years ago that the Scarlet Witch and Vision would be participating in the most anticipated web television show on a streaming service, I'd think you were completely off your rocker. And yet, here we are. I think this series will define Wanda and Vision for years to come and I believe Bettany and Olsen are up for the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Kevin Feige has already said the inspiration on Tom King's Vision is mostly aesthetic though. I think Vision and the Scarlet Witch is really the main source of inspiration for the story.
    I can't imagine they won't include themes of Vision's yearning for humanity and a family (which I believe is basically what King's series was practically all about) in what is probably his last appearance in the MCU. If they don't include that, I don't believe there's much reason for him to show up. That's such a big part of his character. I believe the show will be about Wanda learning more about her powers and Vision learning how to be a human. And I think it will be pretty poignant too as well as being funny. I would like to hear lines like those were spoken in Iron Man 2 from Howard Stark to Tony: "What is and always will be my greatest creation... is you." That would be nice.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-15-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Kevin Feige has already said the inspiration on Tom King's Vision is mostly aesthetic though. I think Vision and the Scarlet Witch is really the main source of inspiration for the story.
    I thought the same, they're using that and the perfect family thing.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Marvel Movies Improved With the Addition of Scarlet Witch
    https://comicbook.com/movies/news/av...-improved-mcu/

Marvel: 5 Times Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch Was Comics Accurate (& 5 Times She Wasn't)
    https://www.cbr.com/mcu-scarlet-witch-comics-accurate/

Why Scarlet Witch Isn't a Mutant Anymore (and Won't Be Again)
    https://screenrant.com/marvel-scarle...t-xmen-mutant/
    Jeeze, again CBR writers only ever know the bare surface of said character.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I would love to see Wanda talk about mystical knowledge and stuff, which comic Wanda kinda fail to deliver sometimes.(Englehart emphazied that a bit, and then other writers act like her magic is innate so it means she doesn't have much knowledge in terms of mystical knowledge, I want Wanda to be an expert in her own field, which is Witchcraft and hopefully Darkhold study.)

It could be idea for later movies/shows. Use WandaVision and DS2 to start her magical journey and realise she can help people with magic, the same way Strange does

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I thought the same, they're using that and the perfect family thing.
    I completely agree with you here. Keep the family dynamics of the King book, while getting rid of the stuff about depression, suicide, murder and robot families. That makes total sense to me.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-16-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I completely agree with you here. Keep the family dynamics of the King book, while getting rid of the stuff about depression, suicide, murder and robot families. That makes total sense to me.
    Yeah, the less dark and edgy stuff the better

I'm honestly tired of edgy. The 90s and 2000s overdosed on it. It's oversaturated.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'm honestly tired of edgy. The 90s and 2000s overdosed on it. It's oversaturated.
    Same here, I want things to be fun

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Yeah, the less dark and edgy stuff the better
    Totally agree. I think Feige knows this because he keeps hiring writers with strong comedic backgrounds. I think he has poached at least half of the writers from Rick and Morty, so it's clear to me that he believes that in order for the MCU to thrive, they have to have funny movies. And I like this approach. I really don't want angsty characters with chips on their shoulders and mean streaks. Marvel Television flopped because their shows were TOO gritty. If they want to bring Daredevil and Punisher into the MCU, they will have to turn them into goofballs. That's why I thought that leak last week about the first two episodes of Wandavision was such horseshit. And what was SO annoying was a bunch of fanboys posting "this definitely sounds legit." If talking about PTSD, alcoholism, bigotry and cancer is considered "funny", then Feige's got a real sick sense of humor. By bringing in Kathryn Hahn, Randall Park, Teyonah Parris and Kat Dennings into Wandavision, you know it's gonna be hilarious. If fans want darkness in their superhero movies, they shouldn't really watch MCU films. I'm even actually sort of hoping a funny Man-Thing shows up in the Multiverse of Madness.

My absence from comics has left me really ignorant about so many things. As for the Scarlet Witch, I remember her as having some vaguely defined “hex” powers in the comics, so I must’ve missed out on when she suddenly got more powerful than the Molecule Man. To be quite honest, I do have some concerns about the MCU's focus on weirdness and magic-based stories. I thought the MCU gained strength because of "grounded" heroes like Stark, Rogers, Banner and Lang with a somewhat admittedly loose connection to science fiction. The Black Panther, Falcon, War Machine, Winter Soldier, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Quicksilver, Wasp and the Vision were characters that adhered to this formula. Hawkeye and the Black Widow had no superpowers at all (which is really relatable for general audiences). Even the Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor and Loki had cosmic and mythical origins which could be explained in a somewhat rational manner. Magic and the mystical arts are definitely hard subjects to write about because they can be used to explain away things in a lazy way. Aren't you a LITTLE bit concerned that the MCU is leaning so heavily into the weirdness factor? Comic book fans are definitely on board, but I'm worried many people who aren't comic readers will just get confused. As for Wandavision, viewers WILL definitely understand and connect with Vision's desire to gain his humanity (if that's the route the show goes on) because it's a storyline that's very easy to sympathize with. But Wanda learning about "reality-altering" powers might baffle a lot of people. It's just not that an emotional a hook, you know? Things can be papered over by having the two engage in a poignant love story, but mystical powers are REALLY hard to convey to people. Even reading the stuff on these forums bewilders me sometimes to be quite honest.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 05-17-2020 at 07:07 AM.

So what y'all think it's going to happen at the end of WandaVision?

She's going to fight a villain and she's going to know that her perfect world was fake made by herself of someone created it and trapped her there

I'm kinda worried if they're going for the overpowered woman = evil

She's going to fight a villain and she's going to know that her perfect world was fake made by herself of someone created it and trapped her there

I think it's going to end with her discovering it's fake, her powers have grown immensely, and she needs Dr. Strange's help to control her abilities.

I think Strange will be the one needing not just her help, but the help of other mages, and that's why characters like Brother Voodoo will also be present.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I would see Wanda fighting the villain who is linked to Nightmare and uses her magic to defeat him/her after learning that the world she's in is fake (created by Nightmare). Strange turns up to reveal that Nightmare has been doing this to other people (including other mystics) and asks for her help. Wanda agrees, cue credits and DS2