Page 7 of 271 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Her current costume has more cleavage than Wanda's classic costume. I don't think she "accepted the role because she was promised not to wear the costume" or anything, she just mentioned that when Whedon told her who her character so she google it he said she wouldn't have to wear it.
    Yeah but it seems like a valid complaint. I’d like to see them try and make some changes to her look and make it more enjoyable for her to work in.

“It would just not be a cleavage corset. I like corsets, but I’d like it to be higher. Everyone has these things that cover them—Tessa Thompson does, Scarlett [Johansson] does. I would like to cover up a bit. It’s funny because sometimes I look around and I’m just like—wow, I’m the only one who has cleavage, and that’s a constant joke because they haven’t really evolved my superhero costume that much.”

All the costumes they've come up with can be easily adjusted for a much less revealing neckline. Even the MCU ones.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    All the costumes they've come up with can be easily adjusted for a much less revealing neckline. Even the MCU ones.
    I still don't see why they got rid of the AOU ending costume

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I don't know. But it's very comic book, because she's definitely had costumes that were only worn for a short while and ditched.

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    Wanda appears this week in Star #1. Here is a preview
    https://www.newsarama.com/48498-star...interview.html
    Well, it’s literally the last page, but it’s nice to see her already.
    I think she looks gorgeous.
    And from what little she says, she is by no means evil or insane, despite some people hoping that every single time.
    I think I’m gonna make a statistic, though, the rate at which she swears appears to increase rapidly

Incredible Member Probability010's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Lizzie said it was almost impossible to move in that thing. But then again, it probably was determined already that it wouldn’t be used again, so I guess they didn’t put much work with regards to that to begin with.

Then there was this weird statement by the producers that she isn’t a full superhero yet.

I think because they have an arc planned for Wanda that is developing through her show and then Doctor Strange. Because they said she'll earn her title.

Extraordinary Member

Whedon left and the Russo brothers took over, and I think Whedon has a much more comic-booky sensibility than they do, and that was a very bright costume with a lot of nods to the original "M" headpiece. So for Civil War they changed it to something that was somewhat similar (red coat, low-cut) but a little less cartoony.

Yeah but Whedon didn't have a very good grasp at Wanda. And tried to turn her into some Jean Grey/Dani Moonstar mash up.

Extraordinary Member

I personally just prefer cloak to coat/jacket, I just want Wanda to get a fancy magic user cloak of her own.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

I remember hearing about this a long time ago but before Miss Olsen was in the MCU she was almost apart of another iconic movie series!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Extraordinary Member

Well, now Wanda is in considerable amount of books again, though not a leading teambook role or anything but here is hope for her involvment.
    Strange Academy would mostly focus on the kids, and Wanda doesn't seem to be a regular.(Kinda a shame since I want to see Wanda as a lore explainer/teacher as well, I have hope for her talking about that in the bar.)
    I can see her as one of those teachers who casually bring up personal life experience in class.(While I don't think she should feel too easy about the fact she is the vessel of Chthon, some jokes would be nice.)
    And the teachers have to be somewhat careful as not to offend the kids.(So no cursing Frost Giants, Faltine and various mystical creatures.)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Yeah but Whedon didn't have a very good grasp at Wanda. And tried to turn her into some Jean Grey/Dani Moonstar mash up.
    I think he wanted to have her powers be somewhat mystical, but the Creative Committee were very opposed to any portrayal of magic, as we saw with Thor where they tried to pass off Asgard as science, so Whedon came up with the mind powers as a compromise while leaving enough room to go beyond that in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    I think he wanted to have her powers be somewhat mystical, but the Creative Committee were very opposed to any portrayal of magic, as we saw with Thor where they tried to pass off Asgard as science, so Whedon came up with the mind powers as a compromise while leaving enough room to go beyond that in the future.
    That wouldn't make sense for what they are doing now though. Because now we have Agatha in her show and we know the direction that goes. Then the thing with being in Doctor Strange 2.

In a deleted scene that didn't make the cut, Vision mentions her reality warping powers in Civil War