Page 77 of 271 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Marvel keeps things under wraps to keep them from being spoiled. But there also hasn't been any signs of AJT anywhere. So there's nothing really to support that other than fan wishes at this moment. We just have to wait until something is actually confirmed.
    Yeah, I got zero evidence to back up my theory. But I seriously doubt that AJT would turn down an offer to appear in the most anticipated web television miniseries of the year. As much as I like him, the dude's career is literally in the toilet right now. He'll run faster to that set in Atlanta than Pietro would if Marvel came calling. Even for a cameo. For him, any exposure is good exposure. But there was a lot of criticism of HIS Sokovian accent as well. So maybe he would have gotten rid of it too. I just figure it would be totally LOGICAL for Quicksilver to appear. Wanda actually loves the guy in the comic books despite his undeniably dickish ways. I think it's weird that two major studios had the rights to use him, and he's STILL not as popular as so many other superheroes. I don't know if he had many major storylines involving him in the comics though. Wanda and Vision at least have some. You definitely get the sense that Feige and Whedon were not all that interested in Quicksilver, it was Wanda and Vision who truly mattered to them. And I hate to say this, but from the looks of things they were right. I never dreamed that Wanda and Vision would be as popular as they are now. I actually think Olsen and Bettany did a remarkable job of "selling" their love story because it really is very silly when you think about it. I mean they go from flirting over Paprikash to doing the horizontal mambo over the course of two movies? And nobody I know of really had a problem with it. So the acting must have been pretty convincing. I think Marvel should give AJT some work, just to help him with his livelihood. He seems like a nice guy to me, you know? And he looked so sad that he never got to be part of the Marvel "family" for very long. Olsen said that they were having the time of their lives doing this series and Bettany stated that this show is a highlight of his career. Poor AJT is on the outside looking in here.

I doubt that Peters is playing Speed though. Dude's older than Olsen is! A mother can't be younger than her kid! Feige can't be THAT dumb.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-01-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Aren't Cyclops, Wolverine and Jean Grey in some sort of strange three-way relationship right now? I haven't read any X-Men books, but I've heard they are together in a weird way.
    Yep. It's unofficial but they're laying it on thick. Plus Emma Frost is in their somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Yep. It's unofficial but they're laying it on thick. Plus Emma Frost is in their somewhere.
    Good Lord!

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, I got zero evidence to back up my theory. But I seriously doubt that AJT would turn down an offer to appear in the most anticipated web television miniseries of the year. As much as I like him, the dude's career is literally in the toilet right now. He'll run faster to that set in Atlanta than Pietro would if Marvel came calling. Even for a cameo. For him, any exposure is good exposure. But there was a lot of criticism of HIS Sokovian accent as well. So maybe he would have gotten rid of it too. I just figure it would be totally LOGICAL for Quicksilver to appear. Wanda actually loves the guy in the comic books despite his undeniably dickish ways. I think it's weird that two major studios had the rights to use him, and he's STILL not as popular as so many other superheroes. I don't know if he had many major storylines involving him in the comics though. Wanda and Vision at least have some. You definitely get the sense that Feige and Whedon were not all that interested in Quicksilver, it was Wanda and Vision who truly mattered to them. And I hate to say this, but from the looks of things they were right. I never dreamed that Wanda and Vision would be as popular as they are now. I actually think Olsen and Bettany did a remarkable job of "selling" their love story because it really is very silly when you think about it. I mean they go from flirting over Paprikash to doing the horizontal mambo over the course of two movies? And nobody I know of really had a problem with it. So the acting must have been pretty convincing. I think Marvel should give AJT some work, just to help him with his livelihood. He seems like a nice guy to me, you know? And he looked so sad that he never got to be part of the Marvel "family" for very long. Olsen said that they were having the time of their lives doing this series and Bettany stated that this show is a highlight of his career. Poor AJT is on the outside looking in here.

I doubt that Peters is playing Speed though. Dude's older than Olsen is! A mother can't be younger than her kid! Feige can't be THAT dumb.
    Back to the Future flashbacks intensifies...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I 100% believe Charles Murphy on the Evan Peters scoop. When he's just reporting a rumor or a theory, he makes it pretty clear it's just a rumor or a theory. He never shares anything like this as an actual scoop unless he can have a solid confirmation, and he's been having solid scoops for a while. He's already said on Twitter that this is something that he heard WILL be happening. Of course, there is always the possibility that it could be wrong, but like I said, he has a good track record, so I choose to believe him for now.

That being said, he's also said he DOESN'T know who the character is. He NEVER claimed he was playing another version of Quicksilver, even though people obviously jumped to that conclusion. I personally think it's another character, because I don't see Feige rushing like this to introduce the X-Men (much less a version of the X-Men that wasn't even created by him) in the MCU when we don't even have a release date for Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool 3 yet, which is the ONE thing we know they will be keeping from FOX. I think we will get the X-Men some years from now, with a slow build-up to it. The FOX-Men movies had a lot of popular/good actors that were bound to end up in the MCU one day, and Evan Peters specially has a history of appearing in american TV, so he was always one of the biggest candidates to get a Marvel TV role. It's a little weird, but I think it's perfectly possible that it was just a coincidence.

Anyway, this just makes me more excited for WandaVision, because it really shows there is still so much we don't know about the show. I'm really looking forward to be surprised!

Wow. I don't know what to say. This is not the X-Men I remember from the 1990s. They were at least sort of family-friendly then. There's no way in hell Disney/Marvel Studios adapts this storyline for its movies and shows. This is wild. I guess it's a good thing Wanda is no longer a mutant.
    It is lucky. I loved Hickman's F4 and Avengers run, but his X-men run is a mess, especially with the resurrection protocols

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Back to the Future flashbacks intensifies...
    LOL! Those are good memories.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It is lucky. I loved Hickman's F4 and Avengers run, but his X-men run is a mess, especially with the resurrection protocols
    I have to get to reading...
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-02-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I 100% believe Charles Murphy on the Evan Peters scoop. When he's just reporting a rumor or a theory, he makes it pretty clear it's just a rumor or a theory. He never shares anything like this as an actual scoop unless he can have a solid confirmation, and he's been having solid scoops for a while. He's already said on Twitter that this is something that he heard WILL be happening. Of course, there is always the possibility that it could be wrong, but like I said, he has a good track record, so I choose to believe him for now.

That being said, he's also said he DOESN'T know who the character is. He NEVER claimed he was playing another version of Quicksilver, even though people obviously jumped to that conclusion. I personally think it's another character, because I don't see Feige rushing like this to introduce the X-Men (much less a version of the X-Men that wasn't even created by him) in the MCU when we don't even have a release date for Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool 3 yet, which is the ONE thing we know they will be keeping from FOX. I think we will get the X-Men some years from now, with a slow build-up to it. The FOX-Men movies had a lot of popular/good actors that were bound to end up in the MCU one day, and Evan Peters specially has a history of appearing in american TV, so he was always one of the biggest candidates to get a Marvel TV role. It's a little weird, but I think it's perfectly possible that it was just a coincidence.

Anyway, this just makes me more excited for WandaVision, because it really shows there is still so much we don't know about the show. I'm really looking forward to be surprised!
    Agree. Feige has gone ON RECORD stating that X-groups won't be entering the MCU anytime soon:

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/ke...se-1202057131/

I'm not even sure if the MCU will recast Wolverine. I do believe if Hugh Jackman agreed to reprise his role in the MCU, I am sure Disney WOULD welcome him back with open arms. But I don't think that's gonna happen. It's better that the MCU holds off on any mutant stuff for now. Let the memories of Fox's versions of the X-Men fade away as time goes by. Then introduce them later. I say wait AT LEAST another five years. The MCU can focus on the characters they have now. The MCU is based on the Avengers and their offshoots essentially. And I think Feige was pretty clever to recruit Peters for this project. He knew it would gin up interest in it. I'm also convinced that Marvel leaks out real AND fake news to various outlets to confuse people. And after seeing the unrest and violence of the past week and seeing Disney's and Marvel's controversial stances on such a volatile situation, I just get this feeling that Magneto and Professor X will be BLACK when they enter the MCU. I hate to get political, but a perceived conservative corporation like Disney would probably love to prove its progressive credentials by making its stories more topical. And that might mean getting more "woke" and/or doing some "virtue signalling". I mean the temptation to do something like that would be irresistible because I think Marvel and Disney want to remain relevant as the years go by. I have no proof to support these opinions, but the persistent rumors of Giancarlo Esposito becoming Professor X have not faded away. And if he is Charles, it's almost guaranteed Magneto will be black as well.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-02-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Even thought we don't know if Evan Peters will be on WandaVision, some people think that is impossible for him to work in the MCU cause he worked in a Fox movie when Chris Evans and Michael B Jordan joined the MCU after being the human torch un the f4

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Agreed his X-Men is just plain awful. I can't see the MCU taking an inspiration from that.

I really hope AJT comes back in Wanda/Vision. Wanda never even got a chance to mourn him or remember him after Age of Ultron so it's like he's been completely forgotten. I didn't realize Evan Peters is older than Olsen. He certainly doesn't look it so I wouldn't mind him playing a grown-up Tommy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Even thought we don't know if Evan Peters will be on WandaVision, some people think that is impossible for him to work in the MCU cause he worked in a Fox movie when Chris Evans and Michael B Jordan joined the MCU after being the human torch un the f4
    What? Why? He won't be Quicksilver but they'll recast him a someone else if they hire him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    But he didn't play the Human Torch so he can't work in the MCU. Only Human Torch actors are allowed to crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I really hope AJT comes back in Wanda/Vision. Wanda never even got a chance to mourn him or remember him after Age of Ultron so it's like he's been completely forgotten. I didn't realize Evan Peters is older than Olsen. He certainly doesn't look it so I wouldn't mind him playing a grown-up Tommy.
    As I have stated previously, I think it's pretty much a sure thing that ATJ comes back! He's got good chemistry with both Olsen and Bettany. A dream fantasy world that Wanda is part of would definitely have to include her late twin brother. I totally understand why Wanda never mentioned Pietro again after his death. 20th Century Fox was using Quicksilver up until last year and for her to talk about him would have just confused audiences. A lot of people don't understand the difference between Disney and Fox, they just think Marvel is one big family. I agree with you that Peters looks really young for his age. But when the Young Avengers emerge in a few years, he'll be closer to 40 than 30. So I doubt he'll be Speed.