Page 81 of 271 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 4051

The "Invasion of Wakanda" Empyre tie-in, which Wanda is playing a big part in, is now coming out as a collected edition on the same day (December 22) as the Darkhold collection.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    This is shocking news to me! I recall the X-Men being a pretty idealistic and hopeful bunch, but from what you're saying they seem more interested in political intrigue and power politics now. Above all it seems the X-Men have become really cynical and self-serving. Are readers happy with this change? It just seems so at odds with their historical portrayal!
    Hickman looks to be doing a deconstruction of all the various eras of the X-men at once. He's bringing it all to a conclusion to set up a longer lasting new status quo, this is just the part where he's setting things up. The X-men aren't idealists right now, they're delving into real politick, economics and getting into bed with any villain who can be used for their agenda.

Did Hickman do anything with Wanda in Avengers? Haven't read it myself but the plots I do know about Wanda is nowhere to be seen, it's a big contrast to Busiek's Avengers where she's a heavy hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Hickman looks to be doing a deconstruction of all the various eras of the X-men at once. He's bringing it all to a conclusion to set up a longer lasting new status quo, this is just the part where he's setting things up. The X-men aren't idealists right now, they're delving into real politick, economics and getting into bed with any villain who can be used for their agenda.

Did Hickman do anything with Wanda in Avengers? Haven't read it myself but the plots I do know about Wanda is nowhere to be seen, it's a big contrast to Busiek's Avengers where she's a heavy hitter.
    No, Wanda wasn't in his run.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Ha! I didn't do a good job of getting my point across. I meant Simon Williams can be "re-imagined" as an older affable dude who dispenses folksy advice to Vision across a shared fence like Wilson did to Tim on Home Improvement. Totally not a threat to Wanda's and Vision's relationship. That way Wonder Man fans can finally say "our guy got into the MCU"! Just a bit of a nod to the comic books. And whoever's portraying him would definitely NOT be Nathan Fillion.
    But Nathan Fillion is Simon in the MCU, so why recast him? Also I wasn't suggesting Simon would turn up in WandaVision to wreck their relationship, I was pointing out it won't be a good idea to have the person who ruined their relationship in the comics turn up in a series which celebrates it; the same way marvel are releasing Vision Quest as part of their WandaVision collections

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I don't want to see another story of Wanda needing saved for a while. They wore that out with how many times they've had her possessed or manipulated in the 616. Them fighting together would be nice though.
    Yeah, Wanda should be the one doing the saving

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Did you guys see this?

https://bleedingcool.com/tv/wanda-ho...k-wandavision/

It seems like a silly case. If the company is just called Wanda, why do they care about the WandaVISION trademark? It has a whole different word added there. Not sure if they have a case for this at all, but I'm not gonna lie: if this becomes too much of a nuisance for Marvel, I won't mind if this leads to them changing the name of the show. Scarlet Witch & Vision was always a better option anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    But Nathan Fillion is Simon in the MCU, so why recast him?
    Is he, though? His only appearance in the MCU was going to be in background posters in GOTG 2, but that didn't even make the cut, so it's questionable if we can consider it canon or not. I personally don't until we get a proper introduction of the character.

I don't care for Simon appearing in WandaVision, but if we ever get him, I would actually prefer a recast. Simon should be your modern, young Hollywood heartthrob. While I have nothing against Nathan Fillion, I just don't think he's on his prime to play a role like this anymore. They should cast someone like Henry Cavill for the role, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Did you guys see this?

It seems like a silly case. If the company is just called Wanda, why do they care about the WandaVISION trademark? It has a whole different word added there. Not sure if they have a case for this at all, but I'm not gonna lie: if this becomes too much of a nuisance for Marvel, I won't mind if this leads to them changing the name of the show. Scarlet Witch & Vision was always a better option anyway.

Is he, though? His only appearance in the MCU was going to be in background posters in GOTG 2, but that didn't even make the cut, so it's questionable if we can consider it canon or not. I personally don't until we get a proper introduction of the character.

I don't care for Simon appearing in WandaVision, but if we ever get him, I would actually prefer a recast. Simon should be your modern, young Hollywood heartthrob. While I have nothing against Nathan Fillion, I just don't think he's on his prime to play a role like this anymore. They should cast someone like Henry Cavill for the role, IMO.
    That's hilarious. Are they gonna sue everyone with the name Wanda too?
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Did you guys see this?

It has a different pronunciation, and its Chinese name is 万达 which reads and sounds different from 旺达(the usual translation for Wanda as a female name).
    Yeah, it's pretty silly...

Did you guys see this?

Very funny stuff. Kind of a weird issue to get your nose bent out of shape over. Pretty sensitive folks in the corporate and business worlds over there.

Yeah, maybe Simon shouldn't show up in WandaVision then. It seems the consensus here is that Scarlet Witch fans OVERWHELMINGLY despise him. It's a total creative failure on Marvel Comics' part to put Simon and Wanda together for so long only to end up to fail to generate any meaningful support for that relationship. I mean, it's absolutely pathetic in my eyes. And yet they persist. I wouldn't be surprised if they take ANOTHER crack at it again in the future. If Henry Cavill shows up as Simon, I say stick that mustache on him for comedic affect.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-05-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    But Nathan Fillion is Simon in the MCU, so why recast him? Also I wasn't suggesting Simon would turn up in WandaVision to wreck their relationship, I was pointing out it won't be a good idea to have the person who ruined their relationship in the comics turn up in a series which celebrates it; the same way marvel are releasing Vision Quest as part of their WandaVision collections
    Yeah, you're right. Maybe it's for the best if Simon is left out. Too many bad memories there that should be left in the past...Sad for the Wonder Man fans out there though!

These are not the X-men you grew up with, I'm half expecting them to be revealed to be plant clones created from Krakoa. The X-men are government agents and politicians now. Given how they reacted to the Fantastic Four it's going to be fireworks when they get around to Scarlet Witch.
    I have to admit the premise of the new X-Men sounds rather interesting and original. But I had never dreamed they would stoop to anything so low as this. I imagine many X-fans are still not pleased with these developments, however!

Don't know anything about Hickman's run, unfortunately. Haven't read a Marvel book in twenty years!

Quote Originally Posted by Relugus View Post
    Vision saving Wanda from Chthon (not some random mid-level boss like Mephisto) hrough sheer love, would be the perfect swansong. Even death not stopping him from coming to her aid at her darkest hour. I think they will make up for his passivity in the movies by having him go out like a boss, and helping Wanda to become the Scarlet Witch

IMHO it's a fragment of Vision we see in WandaVision. When Wanda touched the cradle in AoU she said "he's dreaming", that's intriguing given the Russo Brothers comments about Wanda's magic being connected to her "inner life". I think a fragment of Vision returned to Wanda's "inner life" after the mind stone was destroyed.
    Interesting ideas you present here. I actually the writers of WandaVision will do something similar to what you think will happen. It's clear that Wanda will be going through some really emotional trials during this series, and I think that's why Vision was brought in the first place. I think he's gonna help Wanda help herself through whatever difficulties she faces in the show. I know this is Wanda's show, and she should get the primary focus in it. But I think Vision should do something major in the series as well. To tell you the truth, in the upcoming She-Hulk's Disney+ series will have a similar dynamic. It will give Banner's Hulk a final chance to shine because a lot of his fans were extremely unhappy with his portrayal in the last couple of Avengers movies. He might even end up sacrificing himself to save Walters as well. Or even re-unite with his truly love Betty Ross. I think these Disney+ series gives Marvel Studios opportunities to "correct" the mistakes they made during the Infinity Saga and it looks like they're taking full advantage of it.

https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-resume-filming-july/

WandaVision resumes filming in July. Hurray!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    The X-Men of today are nothing like the X-Men of the Chris Claremont days. Membership in the team now includes not just Magneto, but also Mystique, Mr. Sinister, Exodus, Selene, and Apocalypse of all people. You know the franchise has reached a new low when Apocalypse is one of the major leaders of the team, working hand in hand with Professor X and Magneto. The ideology is that any mutant, no matter if they were an evil mutant, is welcome and the past is completely forgiven. They really do operate like a brainwashed cult and what's worse is that Cyclops flat out told the Fantastic Four that Franklin doesn't belong with them and they'll be coming to get him since mutants need to be with other mutants. And X-Fans are loving all of this and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that X-Fans are so antagonistic towards characters like Captain America, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, and now even the Fantastic Four. If the fandom is so isolated and so insular, no wonder the franchise has gone in the same direction.

My fear is that Vision and Pietro will only briefly be brought back by Wanda's power and then killed off/wiped out of existence again by the show's end. I have no issues with them staying around for good because Quicksilver never should have been killed off instead of Hawkeye and certain "dead" characters like Loki are returning. Not to mention, I've heard Marvel was so thrilled with audience reception to Thanos that they plan on bringing him back as a hero in the future. And as long as the major characters with sacrifices that resonated throughout the MCU (like Iron Man, Gamora, and Black Widow) remain dead, I don't see a problem with letting characters who weren't as major come back to life. It's not like the MCU isn't willing to cheat death in its own way since even Gamora is sorta back with an alternate version of her sticking around.
    I can't believe that X-fans are so enthusiastic about what their mutant heroes have turned into. Their current behavior and actions are completely at odds with their supposed ideals. Very disappointing.

I think Marvel kept Hawkeye over Quicksilver not only because of "rights" issues between studios, but because they need Clint to introduce Kate Bishop into the MCU. The Young Avengers look like they are definitely going to be a big part of the MCU's future. Pietro has never "mentored" new heroes so to speak, so I figure the bosses at Marvel felt he was "expendable" and got rid of him. I actually had no problem with Whedon's and Feige's decisions to kill off characters in the Avengers movies. It totally makes sense to me that if our heroes are fighting dangerously deadly villains, some of those heroes would have to lose their lives. It raises "stakes" so to speak. They just killed Pietro off in a sloppy way. I believe WandaVision will make sure he gets a better send-off there. Endgame was a great movie and a huge success for Disney. But for the first time since it started, the MCU started to get a bit convoluted. And I'm talking about MCU "time travel." I know that the Russo brothers and McFeely and Markus disagreed on how the whole concept works (and yet they worked together on the same movies)! Adding alternative versions of characters also has the potential to confuse audiences as well. I just felt that Endgame got bogged down in trying to explain timelines in the "multiverse" and they didn't really make it clear how they operated. That's why I wasn't thrilled with how Gamora and Loki "came back". But I'm almost certain that Zoe Saldana will be leaving the MCU after the third Guardians movie, and her Gamora character will be retired or killed. I'm almost just as confident that Tom Hiddleston will be leaving the MCU after his Disney+ series is over or after Thor: Love and Thunder. It's even possible he will transform into Kid Loki and his character will become part of the Young Avengers (and portrayed by a new actor). I'm pretty sure Falcon and the Winter Soldier will be introducing Patriot as well. More Young Avengers will be coming down the pipeline. Phase Four is one of transitioning one set of heroes to another in my opinion.

I love Thanos (one of my favorite movie villains of all-time). I love Quicksilver. I love Vision. Heck, I even love Ultron. I wish each of them could stay in the MCU even longer than they already have. But if you bring those characters back after death, it's almost like the epic stories they took part in never happened and didn't mean anything. It would be hard to take them seriously if they keep getting resurrected like in the comics (which I think is really hurting the industry). And it will be a slippery slope. Fans would ask why some characters can come back and others can't. Better to keep things consistent and treat everybody fairly. And the reason why I think Vision and Quicksilver will "die" again is because it absolutely makes no sense for Wanda as a character to grow and progress if she can erase all the losses in her life and bring back her loved ones and return to how things were before. Then her "dream" world will become her "real" world. That sounds WAY too good to be true to me. Imagine how many people in the MCU will be banging on her door to help revive the people THEY care about if she brought Vision and Quicksilver back to life? I think Wandavision is about Wanda coming to terms with her unhappy past and fulfilling her destiny to be the Scarlet Witch. She'll gain something in Wandavision (mastery of her powers and a couple of kids), but it will come at a price. And sad to say, I think that price will come in the forms of two great characters in the Vision and Quicksilver.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-05-2020 at 10:26 AM.