Page 82 of 271 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/wandavision-resume-filming-july/

WandaVision resumes filming in July. Hurray!
    Yay! Let's hope a live studio audience will still be used!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yay! Let's hope a live studio audience will still be used!
    If not, they will probably use a cheap laugh-track

If not, they will probably use a cheap laugh-track
    Yes, that could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Is he, though? His only appearance in the MCU was going to be in background posters in GOTG 2, but that didn't even make the cut, so it's questionable if we can consider it canon or not. I personally don't until we get a proper introduction of the character.

I don't care for Simon appearing in WandaVision, but if we ever get him, I would actually prefer a recast. Simon should be your modern, young Hollywood heartthrob. While I have nothing against Nathan Fillion, I just don't think he's on his prime to play a role like this anymore. They should cast someone like Henry Cavill for the role, IMO.
    I agree, I don't really see Nathan Fillion working as Wonder Man. Someone like Henry Cavill or Matt Bomer would make a lot more sense.

I can't believe that X-fans are so enthusiastic about what their mutant heroes have turned into. Their current behavior and actions are completely at odds with their supposed ideals. Very disappointing.

I think Marvel kept Hawkeye over Quicksilver not only because of "rights" issues between studios, but because they need Clint to introduce Kate Bishop into the MCU. The Young Avengers look like they are definitely going to be a big part of the MCU's future. Pietro has never "mentored" new heroes so to speak, so I figure the bosses at Marvel felt he was "expendable" and got rid of him. I actually had no problem with Whedon's and Feige's decisions to kill off characters in the Avengers movies. It totally makes sense to me that if our heroes are fighting dangerously deadly villains, some of those heroes would have to lose their lives. It raises "stakes" so to speak. They just killed Pietro off in a sloppy way. I believe WandaVision will make sure he gets a better send-off there. Endgame was a great movie and a huge success for Disney. But for the first time since it started, the MCU started to get a bit convoluted. And I'm talking about MCU "time travel." I know that the Russo brothers and McFeely and Markus disagreed on how the whole concept works (and yet they worked together on the same movies)! Adding alternative versions of characters also has the potential to confuse audiences as well. I just felt that Endgame got bogged down in trying to explain timelines in the "multiverse" and they didn't really make it clear how they operated. That's why I wasn't thrilled with how Gamora and Loki "came back". But I'm almost certain that Zoe Saldana will be leaving the MCU after the third Guardians movie, and her Gamora character will be retired or killed. I'm almost just as confident that Tom Hiddleston will be leaving the MCU after his Disney+ series is over or after Thor: Love and Thunder. It's even possible he will transform into Kid Loki and his character will become part of the Young Avengers (and portrayed by a new actor). I'm pretty sure Falcon and the Winter Soldier will be introducing Patriot as well. More Young Avengers will be coming down the pipeline. Phase Four is one of transitioning one set of heroes to another in my opinion.

I love Thanos (one of my favorite movie villains of all-time). I love Quicksilver. I love Vision. Heck, I even love Ultron. I wish each of them could stay in the MCU even longer than they already have. But if you bring those characters back after death, it's almost like the epic stories they took part in never happened and didn't mean anything. It would be hard to take them seriously if they keep getting resurrected like in the comics (which I think is really hurting the industry). And it will be a slippery slope. Fans would ask why some characters can come back and others can't. Better to keep things consistent and treat everybody fairly. And the reason why I think Vision and Quicksilver will "die" again is because it absolutely makes no sense for Wanda as a character to grow and progress if she can erase all the losses in her life and bring back her loved ones and return to how things were before. Then her "dream" world will become her "real" world. That sounds WAY too good to be true to me. Imagine how many people in the MCU will be banging on her door to help revive the people THEY care about if she brought Vision and Quicksilver back to life? I think Wandavision is about Wanda coming to terms with her unhappy past and fulfilling her destiny to be the Scarlet Witch. She'll gain something in Wandavision (mastery of her powers and a couple of kids), but it will come at a price. And sad to say, I think that price will come in the forms of two great characters in the Vision and Quicksilver.
    Not all X-Fans but the majority seem to be in favor of Hickman's ideas. I've seen on Reddit that if you post displeasure with the current direction of the franchise, you get downvoted to oblivion.

Honestly, I wish Clint wasn't necessary to introduce Kate Bishop (and it's not like he was necessary for her debut in the comics) because I have zero interest in seeing Jeremy Renner reprise the role in the Hawkeye Disney+ series. Besides the fact that his character was lackluster, there's also all the controversy over Jeremy Renner as a human being and I wish Disney/Marvel had fired him for good.

I can understand your views about how the dead should stay dead and I agree that GOTG3 will probably be the last film so they may as well retire this new Gamora. I also think Loki will become Teen Loki for good and join the Young Avengers (I hope they cast Timothée Chalamet). I've never been a Patriot fan and I would have preferred Miss America as the Captain America representation in the Young Avengers. Besides being more diverse, her dimensional power would make more sense as a catalyst for the team's inception since Iron Lad probably won't be introduced.

It will be a pity imo if Pietro and Vision are retired for good. Especially since the old guard of the Avengers are gone and Pietro especially fulfills a superpower role that nobody else can do. I had more hopes for him back when the Inhumans were supposed to get their own movie because I thought we could see Pietro and Crystal end up together onscreen but now that will definitely not happen with or without Pietro alive.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Not all X-Fans but the majority seem to be in favor of Hickman's ideas. I've seen on Reddit that if you post displeasure with the current direction of the franchise, you get downvoted to oblivion.

Honestly, I wish Clint wasn't necessary to introduce Kate Bishop (and it's not like he was necessary for her debut in the comics) because I have zero interest in seeing Jeremy Renner reprise the role in the Hawkeye Disney+ series. Besides the fact that his character was lackluster, there's also all the controversy over Jeremy Renner as a human being and I wish Disney/Marvel had fired him for good.

I can understand your views about how the dead should stay dead and I agree that GOTG3 will probably be the last film so they may as well retire this new Gamora. I also think Loki will become Teen Loki for good and join the Young Avengers (I hope they cast Timothée Chalamet). I've never been a Patriot fan and I would have preferred Miss America as the Captain America representation in the Young Avengers. Besides being more diverse, her dimensional power would make more sense as a catalyst for the team's inception since Iron Lad probably won't be introduced.

It will be a pity imo if Pietro and Vision are retired for good. Especially since the old guard of the Avengers are gone and Pietro especially fulfills a superpower role that nobody else can do. I had more hopes for him back when the Inhumans were supposed to get their own movie because I thought we could see Pietro and Crystal end up together onscreen but now that will definitely not happen with or without Pietro alive.
    Thank you for understanding with my point of my view. I would personally LOVE for Vision and Quicksilver to come back in some fashion in the MCU. They have a LOT of great stories about them to tell. By losing Vision so soon, I don't think Viv Vision is going to be part of the MCU (and I hear she is massively popular right now). I just don't think Marvel Studios can work them in without a lot of problems (which I think are basically insurmountable, unfortunately). But like I said, I'm happy that these Disney+ series' are going to give fans of Hulk, Hawkeye, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Loki, Vision, Pietro and Wanda more time with their heroes. I think Feige and his team definitely want to give these characters the respect and esteem that they so richly deserve. So I think they'll be great.

I think the MCU messed up on Hawkeye for the simple reason that they took WAY too long to get that original Ant-Man movie going. I think Feige and his staff wanted Ant-Man and the Wasp to join the original Avengers. I read they wanted to make the Avengers' original team as accurate to the comics as much as possible. And by having Scott and Hope on the team, they would have members with families to look after. Then Clint wouldn't have had needed a family to ground him and his personality could have better reflected his counterpart from the comics. Hawkeye should be a joker and a ne'er do well, not a devoted family man. But I think Whedon and Feige were worried that if Clint was just another version of Stark, the team would be too jokey. So they made him less reckless and carefree. That hurt him as a character for many viewers in my view. Then again, I don't think the Hulk should have gotten beaten up by Iron Man, Thor and Thanos so easily. That's not an accurate portrayal either. I think the Hulk can be more easily fixed than Hawkeye though. IF the accusations against Renner are true, that Hawkeye series could be REALLY problematic. I think Disney REALLY doesn't want to recast Hawkeye at this late stage of the game, but I'm sure they were PISSED by all that controversy. It actually might actually bring down interest in the Hawkeye show and hurt Kate Bishop, unfortunately. One thing that might save the show is if Hailee Steinfeld plays a prominent role in it. I didn't watch Bumblebee (even though I am a HUGE fan of the 1980s cartoon), but I heard her performance was outstanding in it. If Disney can get her to be Kate Bishop in the Hawkeye series, there's a great chance it WILL succeed.

I haven't actually read a Marvel comic in over twenty years. I only got interested in Marvel more recently because of the movies (which I think are amazing, by the way). I didn't even know there was a Young Avengers team until earlier this year. But I've been doing a TON of research on them and I really like what I see. I think Marvel NEEDS to create new heroes, villains and stories. They just can't rely on people that are mostly over half a century old. I think Miss America sounds like a really interesting character. I don't know much about Patriot, but I hear that they might be casting Carl Lumbly as Isaiah Bradley in Falcon and Winter Soldier, so it's pretty likely Elijah is coming.

Pietro would have been great for an Inhumans show and/or movie. His connection with Crystal was so interesting and it would have been cool to see Luna on screen. That's my problem with studio politics. For selfish financial reasons, Universal, Fox and Sony just won't play ball with Disney. Characters like the Hulk, Namor and Quicksilver can never achieve their full potential if they're hindered from appearing in movies because of rights issues. And that's truly a shame because they're ALL Marvel characters.

I think you and the Steel Inquisitor are the ONLY X-fans here that I know of who understand and sympathize with Avengers fans who want to see Vision, Wanda and Dr. Strange get a chance to shine in their own movies and shows. I really appreciate the fact that you two "get" how us Avengers fans want to see Vision, Wanda and Dr. Strange hog the glory for a while. The both of you seem to have big enough heads to realize that Vision and Wanda don't have THAT much time left in the MCU and us Avengers fans don't want mutants FORCED into THEIR narrative for reasons totally unrelated to them. It's not like mutants WON'T be coming to the MCU, and soon. They will. And they will probably dominate the MCU for decades. Magneto and Polaris in particular will likely get LOTS of screen time (FAR more than Vision and Wanda will ever receive). That's why I'm also opposed to Pietro being revived in the Multiverse of Madness. I actually think it would be awesome if Dr. Strange was actually about Dr. Strange and his lore, you know. And these are mostly X-fans making most of these demands. They want Pietro back LARGELY because of his and Wanda's connection to Magneto. I don't want to knock X-fans, but it wasn't the X-Men who built the MCU. It was the Avengers. So I say let the remaining Avengers tell their stories before other characters take over. If WandaVision is what I think it will be, it can be really special. A funny, scary, weird and poignant story of two of the most compelling characters in fiction striving to achieve their dreams against almost all odds. We don't really need Magneto showing up at the end of the series with Polaris declaring that he is Wanda's Daddy and Lorna is her sister (and introducing mutants into the MCU at this stage of the game).

Again, you and the Steel Inquisitor might possibly be the only X-fans who actually get this!

And I also think the MCU is making the right call by killing off and retiring characters as time goes on. It's risky because new characters might not be as popular as the older ones, but you don't want those older characters to wear out their welcomes. It's good to reset clocks after every major crossover event in the movies. If they let older characters hang around for a long time, continuity becomes an issue. For new viewers, you'd have to watch DOZENS of movies and shows to know what the heck is going on. And constant reboots are often disastrous for so many reasons (especially for a cinematic universe like Marvel's). Look how many times other studios have rebooted and recasted the Fantastic Four, the X-Men, Spider-Man, the Hulk, Batman and Superman. They often ended up being complete messes. So I agree with what Feige and co. are doing so far.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-06-2020 at 02:05 PM.

How ironic. I think the X-books were originally meant to convey to readers the importance of values such as tolerance, compassion, and understanding. By enthusiastically embracing the X-Men's new quasi-fascist beliefs, I believe those readers are missing the point of the X-Men ENTIRELY. They sound like they should be renamed the Merry Machiavellian Mutants. I wonder how unhappy those X-fans will be when Hickman and company inevitably restore the X-Men to their former benevolent selves. If the MCU adopts this storyline, humans will have GOOD reason to hate and fear mutants. Timothée Chalamet sounds like great casting for Kid Loki by the way!

How ironic. I think the X-books were originally meant to convey to readers the importance of values such as tolerance, compassion, and understanding. By enthusiastically embracing the X-Men's new quasi-fascist beliefs, I believe those readers are missing the point of the X-Men ENTIRELY. They sound like they should be renamed the Merry Machiavellian Mutants. I wonder how unhappy those X-fans will be when Hickman and company inevitably restore the X-Men to their former benevolent selves. If the MCU adopts this storyline, humans will have GOOD reason to hate and fear mutants. Timothée Chalamet sounds like great casting for Kid Loki by the way!
    It's also the writers and editors that have lost their way. Claremont said the X-Men stood for Hope; hope fo a better future, etc. It's hard to be hopeful when you are suffering a mass-extinction event nearly every 5 years

It's also the writers and editors that have lost their way. Claremont said the X-Men stood for Hope; hope fo a better future, etc. It's hard to be hopeful when you are suffering a mass-extinction event nearly every 5 years
    I'm kind of disappointed with what people are doing in the creative sphere these days. Take Star Trek, my all-time favorite franchise. It used to be about hope and optimism for the future. Perhaps a bit utopian, but still the shows and movies pointed out that things could only get better. But now the NEW Start Trek shows are anything but. Full of doom and gloom. The current Star Trek shows go over the top with graphic violence and feature characters in many unsettling situations, including alcoholism, drug abuse, child neglect, psychological trauma, murder, and suicide. There are even insinuations of incest as well. And the swearing has been out of control too. I think the X-Men, from what I hear, are going in the same direction. I'm happy that Disney/Marvel is maintaining their "family-friendly" image. Their successful movies have proven you don't need to go dark and mature in order to succeed.

Apparently Claremont was at a public event a few months back and someone asked him what he felt about the current direction of the X-Men under Hickman and he made very clear that he was not happy at all and said something similar to you about how the X-Men stand for hope and he hasn't seen that at all right now. Predictably, X-Fans took to social media to complain about how Claremont is a relic of the past and won't let the X-Men grow and how his opinion means nothing and is offensive to current fans of the franchise.

Thank you for understanding with my point of my view. I would personally LOVE for Vision and Quicksilver to come back in some fashion in the MCU. They have a LOT of great stories about them to tell. By losing Vision so soon, I don't think Viv Vision is going to be part of the MCU (and I hear she is massively popular right now). I just don't think Marvel Studios can work them in without a lot of problems (which I think are basically insurmountable, unfortunately). But like I said, I'm happy that these Disney+ series' are going to give fans of Hulk, Hawkeye, Falcon, Winter Soldier, Loki, Vision, Pietro and Wanda more time with their heroes. I think Feige and his team definitely want to give these characters the respect and esteem that they so richly deserve. So I think they'll be great.

I think the MCU messed up on Hawkeye for the simple reason that they took WAY too long to get that original Ant-Man movie going. I think Feige and his staff wanted Ant-Man and the Wasp to join the original Avengers. I read they wanted to make the Avengers' original team as accurate to the comics as much as possible. And by having Scott and Hope on the team, they would have members with families to look after. Then Clint wouldn't have had needed a family to ground him and his personality could have better reflected his counterpart from the comics. Hawkeye should be a joker and a ne'er do well, not a devoted family man. But I think Whedon and Feige were worried that if Clint was just another version of Stark, the team would be too jokey. So they made him less reckless and carefree. That hurt him as a character for many viewers in my view. Then again, I don't think the Hulk should have gotten beaten up by Iron Man, Thor and Thanos so easily. That's not an accurate portrayal either. I think the Hulk can be more easily fixed than Hawkeye though. IF the accusations against Renner are true, that Hawkeye series could be REALLY problematic. I think Disney REALLY doesn't want to recast Hawkeye at this late stage of the game, but I'm sure they were PISSED by all that controversy. It actually might actually bring down interest in the Hawkeye show and hurt Kate Bishop, unfortunately. One thing that might save the show is if Hailee Steinfeld plays a prominent role in it. I didn't watch Bumblebee (even though I am a HUGE fan of the 1980s cartoon), but I heard her performance was outstanding in it. If Disney can get her to be Kate Bishop in the Hawkeye series, there's a great chance it WILL succeed.

I haven't actually read a Marvel comic in over twenty years. I only got interested in Marvel more recently because of the movies (which I think are amazing, by the way). I didn't even know there was a Young Avengers team until earlier this year. But I've been doing a TON of research on them and I really like what I see. I think Marvel NEEDS to create new heroes, villains and stories. They just can't rely on people that are mostly over half a century old. I think Miss America sounds like a really interesting character. I don't know much about Patriot, but I hear that they might be casting Carl Lumbly as Isaiah Bradley in Falcon and Winter Soldier, so it's pretty likely Elijah is coming.

Pietro would have been great for an Inhumans show and/or movie. His connection with Crystal was so interesting and it would have been cool to see Luna on screen. That's my problem with studio politics. For selfish financial reasons, Universal, Fox and Sony just won't play ball with Disney. Characters like the Hulk, Namor and Quicksilver can never achieve their full potential if they're hindered from appearing in movies because of rights issues. And that's truly a shame because they're ALL Marvel characters.
    I knew Viv was popular although I didn't realize she was massively popular. I wonder if maybe the MCU will take that as a reason to permanently keep Vision dead after Wanda/Vision and replace him with his own legacy character in the form of Viv. I personally hope not especially because I feel like there's a lot more Vision can contribute. Viv can be saved for whenever the Young Avengers form which I imagine isn't going to happen just yet since they still need to setup a lot of those characters.

Well back when Ant-Man and Wasp were meant to be part of the original Avengers team in the debut film, it was supposed to be Hank and Janet, not Scott and Hope. So they probably still wouldn't be considered as members of the team with families, but to be fair, the Avengers characters rarely ever were family men or women. Wanda actually would be the only exception to this since she made her debut with her twin brother, gets married, and has children. Clint was the worst possible choice to turn into a family man especially since frankly no one cared for his family. It would have been one thing if it turned out he was secretly married to Mockingbird, another SHIELD agent, but that potential was squandered as well so we can't even expect Mockingbird to show up in his show. I heard Disney/Marvel was highly considering getting rid of Jeremy Renner for the Disney+ show but eventually they decided to keep him so I'm not sure what prompted that decision especially because I don't think it would have been impossible to introduce Kate without Clint. They could have had Kate inspired by Clint's Ronin days from Endgame or maybe she was a superfan of Hawkeye from his Avengers days. I'll probably still watch though for Hailee Steinfeld since I am a fan of her as an actress and a singer and having never read anything with Kate, I really want to see what all the hype is about. As for Hulk, I think the MCU was fine keeping him as a supporting character who never really tops Thor or Iron Man because he had two films that never really took off and also because they didn't have exclusive rights to him so there wasn't much of an interest to do more with him as a solo character. That may change with She-Hulk though like you said since I think Marvel has exclusive rights to Hulk again.

I forgot that Isaiah Bradley is popping up in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, so Patriot is likely then for the Young Avengers. To be honest, I don't care at all for either Falcon or Winter Soldier but I am a fan of Emily VanCamp who plays Sharon Carter and I also like Daniel Bruhl as Baron Zemo so I'll watch to see those two characters return. I still think Wanda/Vision should be the first Disney+ show especially since Infinity War and Endgame really hyped up those two characters whereas Falcon and Bucky both barely had roles in either film. And while Bucky has a huge internet fanbase, it's mainly composed of people who ship him and Steve together so since that's not happening, I don't think Bucky will gain as much traction in this show unless people start to ship him with Sam instead now.

Namor I have heard is likely coming soon, perhaps in Black Panther 2, so we'll be able to see him with Black Panther, the Fantastic Four, and maybe the Illuminati one day. He and Iron Man never interacted much outside of the Illuminati and he had richer connections with Reed, Stephen, etc. so the loss of seeing them onscreen together doesn't bother me. The only other retired Marvel character that Namor has a connection with is Steve but I suppose it's not impossible to reveal that he did fight alongside Steve in WWII at some point. Hulk still seems like they'll try and develop now via She-Hulk and Pietro frankly is a character Marvel needs to try and remedy ASAP with more screentime. He's the one I'm most worried about not having a future in the MCU.

I know that the MCU has promised that Wanda will be a leading character in the next few phases so I imagine she won't be retired until Phase 6 at the earliest, but more than likely Phase 7. And the X-Men likely won't debut until then as well so we might not even see Wanda and the X-Men ever interact together, which is fine by me. I think we still have plenty of time with Wanda left between Wanda/Vision and the Doctor Strange sequel because I imagine these projects will just be gearing up her heightened role rather than send her off for good. My hope is that Wanda isn't retired until Stephen, T'Challa, and Carol are even though she technically debuted before them although really only by a year compared to Stephen and T'Challa. In other words, hopefully three more phases with Wanda and if those are X-Men free, so much the better. I wouldn't be surprised though if they use Wanda as the catalyst to bring mutants into the MCU in a House of M-like storyline or maybe do some Avengers vs X-Men film featuring Wanda vs Jean since both are sort of the ultimate powers on each team. Right now, Carol is the most powerful Avenger so maybe she'll substitute Wanda if an AvX film ever comes about, but I feel like Wanda is only going to get more powerful as the years go by and they seem to focus more on her Scarlet Witch identity and mystical abilities.

I do think it's likely that Lorna will be Magneto's sole child in the MCU, rather than Pietro and Wanda, which is fine by me since Lorna has never gotten any attention before and frankly the role of Magneto's heir has better suited her than Pietro and Wanda. Especially since she was introduced that way whereas Wanda and Pietro were retconned into becoming his children after their parentage had already been retconned once before. As for characters being retired, I'm fine with that as well as long as it's their time like it was for the old guard of the Avengers.

I know that the MCU has promised that Wanda will be a leading character in the next few phases so I imagine she won't be retired until Phase 6 at the earliest, but more than likely Phase 7
    Do you know where Marvel has said this? Because I've tried looking up how long they plan on having Olsen signed for and can't find it.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

It’s only recently that I’ve realized that writers over the last 20 or so years have basically made “apocalyptic torture porn” out of the mutants being hated, as if having every issue dedicated to making the mutants suffer and be unhappy more like Days of Future Past is around the corner rather than having a meaningful analysis informed by real life Civil Rights, which I frequently hear X-Men compared to. This Claremont-written page I found from Gambit’s first appearance in 1990’s X-Men Annual #14 also made me think how so far away this moment feels today.

I knew Viv was popular although I didn't realize she was massively popular. I wonder if maybe the MCU will take that as a reason to permanently keep Vision dead after Wanda/Vision and replace him with his own legacy character in the form of Viv. I personally hope not especially because I feel like there's a lot more Vision can contribute. Viv can be saved for whenever the Young Avengers form which I imagine isn't going to happen just yet since they still need to setup a lot of those characters.

Well back when Ant-Man and Wasp were meant to be part of the original Avengers team in the debut film, it was supposed to be Hank and Janet, not Scott and Hope. So they probably still wouldn't be considered as members of the team with families, but to be fair, the Avengers characters rarely ever were family men or women. Wanda actually would be the only exception to this since she made her debut with her twin brother, gets married, and has children. Clint was the worst possible choice to turn into a family man especially since frankly no one cared for his family. It would have been one thing if it turned out he was secretly married to Mockingbird, another SHIELD agent, but that potential was squandered as well so we can't even expect Mockingbird to show up in his show. I heard Disney/Marvel was highly considering getting rid of Jeremy Renner for the Disney+ show but eventually they decided to keep him so I'm not sure what prompted that decision especially because I don't think it would have been impossible to introduce Kate without Clint. They could have had Kate inspired by Clint's Ronin days from Endgame or maybe she was a superfan of Hawkeye from his Avengers days. I'll probably still watch though for Hailee Steinfeld since I am a fan of her as an actress and a singer and having never read anything with Kate, I really want to see what all the hype is about. As for Hulk, I think the MCU was fine keeping him as a supporting character who never really tops Thor or Iron Man because he had two films that never really took off and also because they didn't have exclusive rights to him so there wasn't much of an interest to do more with him as a solo character. That may change with She-Hulk though like you said since I think Marvel has exclusive rights to Hulk again.

I forgot that Isaiah Bradley is popping up in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, so Patriot is likely then for the Young Avengers. To be honest, I don't care at all for either Falcon or Winter Soldier but I am a fan of Emily VanCamp who plays Sharon Carter and I also like Daniel Bruhl as Baron Zemo so I'll watch to see those two characters return. I still think Wanda/Vision should be the first Disney+ show especially since Infinity War and Endgame really hyped up those two characters whereas Falcon and Bucky both barely had roles in either film. And while Bucky has a huge internet fanbase, it's mainly composed of people who ship him and Steve together so since that's not happening, I don't think Bucky will gain as much traction in this show unless people start to ship him with Sam instead now.

Namor I have heard is likely coming soon, perhaps in Black Panther 2, so we'll be able to see him with Black Panther, the Fantastic Four, and maybe the Illuminati one day. He and Iron Man never interacted much outside of the Illuminati and he had richer connections with Reed, Stephen, etc. so the loss of seeing them onscreen together doesn't bother me. The only other retired Marvel character that Namor has a connection with is Steve but I suppose it's not impossible to reveal that he did fight alongside Steve in WWII at some point. Hulk still seems like they'll try and develop now via She-Hulk and Pietro frankly is a character Marvel needs to try and remedy ASAP with more screentime. He's the one I'm most worried about not having a future in the MCU.

I know that the MCU has promised that Wanda will be a leading character in the next few phases so I imagine she won't be retired until Phase 6 at the earliest, but more than likely Phase 7. And the X-Men likely won't debut until then as well so we might not even see Wanda and the X-Men ever interact together, which is fine by me. I think we still have plenty of time with Wanda left between Wanda/Vision and the Doctor Strange sequel because I imagine these projects will just be gearing up her heightened role rather than send her off for good. My hope is that Wanda isn't retired until Stephen, T'Challa, and Carol are even though she technically debuted before them although really only by a year compared to Stephen and T'Challa. In other words, hopefully three more phases with Wanda and if those are X-Men free, so much the better. I wouldn't be surprised though if they use Wanda as the catalyst to bring mutants into the MCU in a House of M-like storyline or maybe do some Avengers vs X-Men film featuring Wanda vs Jean since both are sort of the ultimate powers on each team. Right now, Carol is the most powerful Avenger so maybe she'll substitute Wanda if an AvX film ever comes about, but I feel like Wanda is only going to get more powerful as the years go by and they seem to focus more on her Scarlet Witch identity and mystical abilities.

I do think it's likely that Lorna will be Magneto's sole child in the MCU, rather than Pietro and Wanda, which is fine by me since Lorna has never gotten any attention before and frankly the role of Magneto's heir has better suited her than Pietro and Wanda. Especially since she was introduced that way whereas Wanda and Pietro were retconned into becoming his children after their parentage had already been retconned once before. As for characters being retired, I'm fine with that as well as long as it's their time like it was for the old guard of the Avengers.
    If the Avengers added Hank and Jan at the beginning, it would have made Age of Ultron even better in my opinion. I could see Hank constructing Ultron and the Vision with the help of Stark and Banner. But alas, Edgar Wright took too long with Ant-Man, and that prospect was nixed. I misspoke. I think Viv Vision is popular, but not massively so. I hear she's starting to get close to Wiccan's popularity now. I would love to see more Vision stories in the MCU and he's got so much more too offer, but due to the fact of him being dead, it would be hard for him to do that. Viv could replace him, but I'm not sure how they would construct her. I feel if it's gonna happen, it's gotta be in WandaVision or it won't happen at all. I would like to see Sharon Carter and Baron Zemo again. I think it is cool to have heroes AND villains who don't have any superpowers fighting other people who do have them. And I want to see Zemo's mask too! I definitely believe Hailee Steinfeld can do a good job as Hawkeye as well. I think it's great that streaming shows will allow characters like the Hulk, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Loki, Vision and Wanda to be explored more fully. I even read that War Machine might get his own Disney+ series and/or appear in a future Captain Marvel movie. It's also quite possible Ultron re-appears too. I definitely agree with you about Pietro. He's a "dead" superhero that sorely needs some development. Marvel Studios has to move even faster than he runs for him to get some character development. His last chance will probably be in WandaVision too. I don't see him likely appearing anywhere else. I think AJT can definitely enhance that series with a great performance. We'll have to see how long Wanda lasts in the MCU. I'm pretty sure Hemsworth and Hiddleston are bowing out of the MCU after Thor: Love and Thunder and Rudd (and possibly Lilly too) will be gone after Ant-Man 3. I don't see the Hulk (Banner) and War Machine (Rhodey) sticking around after Phase 5. I'm pretty sure some of the members of the Guardians of the Galaxy are gone after their third movie as well. I'm not even sure Holland's Spider-Man can remain in the MCU because of disputes between Disney and Sony. Hopefully Wanda can stick around for as long as possible. I just don't think she will be nearly as prominent as she is now. So that's why I don't want mutants interfering with her magical and personal journeys in Dr. Strange 2 and WandaVision unnecessarily. There are just TOO many characters pouring into the MCU. My personal belief is that she's got at least five years left in the MCU. She'll be close to getting what Captain America, Iron Man and Black Widow got. I'm not greedy, I'll take that.

By the way, if Speed is joining the MCU, I think he can sort of replace Quicksilver. I hear they are very similar in temperament and personality. And their powers are pretty identical. Most of all, I'm curious to see how Feige and his team handle Professor X and Magneto. When they enter the MCU in the next five to ten years, they'll be old as hell. The Fox X-movies had to recast these characters over the past twenty years. I don't think the MCU wants to do that. But you can't have major characters like those two STARTING their MCU journeys when they're in their early 90s. It just won't work. I think they will look radically different than the Fox versions.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-06-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    It’s only recently that I’ve realized that writers over the last 20 or so years have basically made “apocalyptic torture porn” out of the mutants being hated, as if having every issue dedicated to making the mutants suffer and be unhappy more like Days of Future Past is around the corner rather than having a meaningful analysis informed by real life Civil Rights, which I frequently hear X-Men compared to. This Claremont-written page I found from Gambit’s first appearance in 1990’s X-Men Annual #14 also made me think how so far away this moment feels today.

Sad state of affairs.