Page 83 of 271 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    If the Avengers added Hank and Jan at the beginning, it would have made Age of Ultron even better in my opinion. I could see Hank constructing Ultron and the Vision with the help of Stark and Banner. But alas, Edgar Wright took too long with Ant-Man, and that prospect was nixed. I misspoke. I think Viv Vision is popular, but not massively so. I hear she's starting to get close to Wiccan's popularity now. I would love to see more Vision stories in the MCU and he's got so much more too offer, but due to the fact of him being dead, it would be hard for him to do that. Viv could replace him, but I'm not sure how they would construct her. I feel if it's gonna happen, it's gotta be in WandaVision or it won't happen at all. I would like to see Sharon Carter and Baron Zemo again. I think it is cool to have heroes AND villains who don't have any superpowers fighting other people who do have them. And I want to see Zemo's mask too! I definitely believe Hailee Steinfeld can do a good job as Hawkeye as well. I think it's great that streaming shows will allow characters like the Hulk, Hawkeye, Winter Soldier, Falcon, Loki, Vision and Wanda to be explored more fully. I even read that War Machine might get his own Disney+ series and/or appear in a future Captain Marvel movie. It's also quite possible Ultron re-appears too. I definitely agree with you about Pietro. He's a "dead" superhero that sorely needs some development. Marvel Studios has to move even faster than he runs for him to get some character development. His last chance will probably be in WandaVision too. I don't see him likely appearing anywhere else. I think AJT can definitely enhance that series with a great performance. We'll have to see how long Wanda lasts in the MCU. I'm pretty sure Hemsworth and Hiddleston are bowing out of the MCU after Thor: Love and Thunder and Rudd (and possibly Lilly too) will be gone after Ant-Man 3. I don't see the Hulk (Banner) and War Machine (Rhodey) sticking around after Phase 5. I'm pretty sure some of the members of the Guardians of the Galaxy are gone after their third movie as well. I'm not even sure Holland's Spider-Man can remain in the MCU because of disputes between Disney and Sony. Hopefully Wanda can stick around for as long as possible. I just don't think she will be nearly as prominent as she is now. So that's why I don't want mutants interfering with her magical and personal journeys in Dr. Strange 2 and WandaVision unnecessarily. There are just TOO many characters pouring into the MCU. My personal belief is that she's got at least five years left in the MCU. She'll be close to getting what Captain America, Iron Man and Black Widow got. I'm not greedy, I'll take that.

By the way, if Speed is joining the MCU, I think he can sort of replace Quicksilver. I hear they are very similar in temperament and personality. And their powers are pretty identical. Most of all, I'm curious to see how Feige and his team handle Professor X and Magneto. When they enter the MCU in the next five to ten years, they'll be old as hell. The Fox X-movies had to recast these characters over the past twenty years. I don't think the MCU wants to do that. But you can't have major characters like those two STARTING their MCU journeys when they're in their early 90s. It just won't work. I think they will look radically different than the Fox versions.
    It's a real shame that Hank and Jan's characters were both wasted in the MCU. Although I do think that Stark creating Ultron ended up working pretty well especially after his PTSD with the Chitauri but the absence of Hank and Jan on the Avengers meant that the comics had to follow suit. That's cool that Viv is getting almost as popular as Wiccan. I've heard that Wanda/Vision is taking a lot of inspiration from the Vision series by Tom King so Viv might not be out of the question. If Simon makes an appearance, I wonder if the Grim Reaper could appear as well, perhaps as a manifestation of Wanda's fears especially considering all the death she's seen in her short life.

I forgot about War Machine to be honest. He's always sorta just been there but never contributed much so I wonder if a Disney+ series for him would really be in demand. I agree that Hemsworth and Hiddleston will likely be done soon and same for Rudd. Evangeline Lilly hasn't been around long but frankly her Wasp never really hit it off with audiences so I can't see her becoming a mainstay. I wonder if they'll even bother with future GOTG films if the entire old cast is gone unless the third film is meant to introduce new characters like Adam Warlock who will take over. I suppose Carol Danvers could become the new leader of the GOTG as well. From what I last heard, Tom Holland can do one more film for the MCU (Spider-Man 3) but I think that might be it for him. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they alter the deal again in the future so he can stick around longer because he doesn't seem even remotely done and Marvel doesn't seem like they want to lose him. Maybe they'll phase him out with Miles Morales though but Miles will have the same issues as Peter did with being a Sony property.

Yeah, Pietro and Speed have a lot in common as Pietro himself learned in Children's Crusade. I've heard that Magneto's origin will be changed so he won't have been alive for the Holocaust anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    Do you know where Marvel has said this? Because I've tried looking up how long they plan on having Olsen signed for and can't find it.
    I don't know how long she is signed for either. I'm assuming Phase 6 will be her final phase because we were promised that Wanda would be a major character in the MCU now. She's got two projects for Phase 4: Wanda/Vision and the Doctor Strange sequel which is the final film of Phase 4. Now, it's possible that Wanda will be killed off or retired by the end of the Doctor Strange sequel but I personally don't think they'll do that so soon. Phase 5 is full of sequels for Ant-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and the Guardians of the Galaxy so while I have no idea what Wanda might be doing in Phase 5 (although Blade will have his film so maybe they'll do a Blade sequel or spinoff with the Midnight Sons later on which could feature Wanda), it doesn't seem like they'll retire her in Phase 5 either. Especially if they do plan on using Wanda to bring the X-Men into the MCU with a House of M or Avengers vs X-Men film, then that definitely can only be Phase 6 at the earliest. So I think she's relatively safe for the next three phases. The entire reason they might be powering her up now and giving her such a big role could be so she's the catalyst to introduce mutants into the MCU, meaning she's safe at least until the X-Men come into the picture.
    Last edited by whitecrown; 06-06-2020 at 10:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I don't know how long she is signed for either. I'm assuming Phase 6 will be her final phase because we were promised that Wanda would be a major character in the MCU now. She's got two projects for Phase 4: Wanda/Vision and the Doctor Strange sequel which is the final film of Phase 4. Now, it's possible that Wanda will be killed off or retired by the end of the Doctor Strange sequel but I personally don't think they'll do that so soon. Phase 5 is full of sequels for Ant-Man, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and the Guardians of the Galaxy so while I have no idea what Wanda might be doing in Phase 5 (although Blade will have his film so maybe they'll do a Blade sequel or spinoff with the Midnight Sons later on which could feature Wanda), it doesn't seem like they'll retire her in Phase 5 either. Especially if they do plan on using Wanda to bring the X-Men into the MCU with a House of M or Avengers vs X-Men film, then that definitely can only be Phase 6 at the earliest. So I think she's relatively safe for the next three phases. The entire reason they might be powering her up now and giving her such a big role could be so she's the catalyst to introduce mutants into the MCU, meaning she's safe at least until the X-Men come into the picture.
    I wouldn't exactly call this safe, again she might leave people the unwanted HoM impression.

Why would Wanda be the catalyst for mutants in the MCU? There are better ways of introducing mutants than a stupid Reverse HOM

BANNED

Apparently Claremont was at a public event a few months back and someone asked him what he felt about the current direction of the X-Men under Hickman and he made very clear that he was not happy at all and said something similar to you about how the X-Men stand for hope and he hasn't seen that at all right now. Predictably, X-Fans took to social media to complain about how Claremont is a relic of the past and won't let the X-Men grow and how his opinion means nothing and is offensive to current fans of the franchise.
    because he is, he hasnt read any of those books he admits so , that he never reads anything he criticizes, and because every piece of modern x-men media claremont wrote was terrible.
    He hates EVERYTHING after his tenure.
    Mix both of these and his opinions are null and void since the version of the x-men he wrote is gone because of over 20 or so years of stories that are in continuity that changed the franchise.
    Last edited by Ferro; 06-07-2020 at 02:13 AM.

It's a real shame that Hank and Jan's characters were both wasted in the MCU. Although I do think that Stark creating Ultron ended up working pretty well especially after his PTSD with the Chitauri but the absence of Hank and Jan on the Avengers meant that the comics had to follow suit. That's cool that Viv is getting almost as popular as Wiccan. I've heard that Wanda/Vision is taking a lot of inspiration from the Vision series by Tom King so Viv might not be out of the question. If Simon makes an appearance, I wonder if the Grim Reaper could appear as well, perhaps as a manifestation of Wanda's fears especially considering all the death she's seen in her short life.

I forgot about War Machine to be honest. He's always sorta just been there but never contributed much so I wonder if a Disney+ series for him would really be in demand. I agree that Hemsworth and Hiddleston will likely be done soon and same for Rudd. Evangeline Lilly hasn't been around long but frankly her Wasp never really hit it off with audiences so I can't see her becoming a mainstay. I wonder if they'll even bother with future GOTG films if the entire old cast is gone unless the third film is meant to introduce new characters like Adam Warlock who will take over. I suppose Carol Danvers could become the new leader of the GOTG as well. From what I last heard, Tom Holland can do one more film for the MCU (Spider-Man 3) but I think that might be it for him. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they alter the deal again in the future so he can stick around longer because he doesn't seem even remotely done and Marvel doesn't seem like they want to lose him. Maybe they'll phase him out with Miles Morales though but Miles will have the same issues as Peter did with being a Sony property.

Yeah, Pietro and Speed have a lot in common as Pietro himself learned in Children's Crusade. I've heard that Magneto's origin will be changed so he won't have been alive for the Holocaust anymore.
    Yeah, I think Hiddleston and Hemsworth will usher in characters like Beta Ray Bill and Jane Foster in the next Thor movie. And I think Rudd and Lilly will help introduce Stature/Stinger. More torches getting passed. The only reason why I think Viv is getting close to Wiccan in popularity is because on various message boards, many posters prefer Wiccan and Viv to be Vision's and Wanda's kids. For some reason, there is just not that much love for Speed, unfortunately amongst many comic book fans. Maybe because he's severely underutilized. It's just hard to write for speedsters. I think that's part of the reason why Quicksilver was killed of in that Ultron movie. I agree with your analysis of things working out great when Stark created Vision and Ultron. It made sense for his character arc and reflected his desire to protect the Earth after the Battle of New York in Avengers 1. The only reason why I mentioned War Machine is because I read online that he might be ending his run in the MCU by co-starring in a Disney+ series which will introduce Ironheart into the MCU. But it could be just a rumor. I thought Cheadle was hilarious whenever his character encountered heroes like Vision and Giant Man for the first time. He was just shocked by what they could do and he made it look really convincing. Yeah, I don't know what the Guardians are going to do after movie 3. I only know for sure that director James Gunn will be done with that franchise after that film. I think Disney will definitely try to keep Spider-Man. Because Marvel without Spider-Man is just not Marvel. But it will be tricky because of studio politics. There is one character which I really like who I think could be leaving the MCU soon. And that's Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury. It's clear that SWORD is going to be replacing SHIELD in the not too distant future (SWORD will debut in WandaVision). So I can definitely see his character getting replaced. I can easily picture if he gets killed off, his last word will be mother--! I'm not sure how long Falcon and Bucky will last. I think Phase 6 will be the last one they appear in.

I definitely think that WandaVision will take an "emotional" inspiration from Tom King's Vision series. But when it come to the actual story for the show itself, I'm guessing it will be RADICALLY different from the source material. Marvel Studios has proven time and time again that they will dramatically depart from the comic book storylines upon which their movies are based. So I wouldn't be surprised the series might be significantly different from what we expect. The Age of Ultron comic book crossover storyline barely had any resemblance to Joss Whedon's film. One key difference between the movies and the comic books are the jokes. Expect plenty of them in WandaVision. And I agree, Magneto and Xavier will not be the same as the Fox movies. I don't think the MCU is interested in rehashing their stories. I actually think the multiverse WILL introduce all sorts of characters into the main MCU universe, but I think the X-Men will only enter later. So, Wanda will probably have a peripheral role in bringing in mutants, but she'll be helping to bring in a lot of other folks too. I don't foresee any House of M stuff because a lot of key characters in that storyline won't be present in the MCU before Olsen leaves it. And I don't expect Wanda to be too involved with that stuff because I don't see her staying in the MCU for another ten years.

I actually agree with Marvel Studios putting Falcon and Winter Soldier first. It's more of a "traditional" Marvel product and it's a "safe" choice to start Marvel's Disney+ venture. Feige and his team probably think WandaVision might be a little TOO weird to start off their shows off with. There's a chance it might flop because of the risky premise of the series, so I think that's why they went with Falcon and Winter Soldier first. They don't want to "bomb" on their first try. Feige also knows he's got a LOT riding on WandaVision. Unlike other movies and shows, this one's largely HIS creation. It'll be embarrassing for him if it fails. So I think Falcon and Winter Soldier will be building up for WandaVision. I also think Marvel Studios wants to put WandaVision CLOSER to the Multiverse of Madness chronologically. So there will be a seamless transition there. WandaVision will be the first Disney+ show that will have a DIRECT connection to an MCU movie. What DOES surprise me is that Marvel Comics is NOT publishing any NEW stories starring Vision and/or Wanda. That came as a bit of a shock because Falcon and Winter Soldier got a new one, and so did the Black Widow in anticipation for their shows and movies respectively. Sometimes you get the feeling that the creators at Marvel Comics WANT WandaVision to fail because they dislike the two characters actually being happy. I heard that Feige was no fan of working with Perlmutter, Bendis and Quesada in particular. Maybe Perlmutter's old Creative Committee members still working for Marvel Comics are trying to sabotage things from behind the scenes. Really disappointing. If Wanda doesn't get promotion in the comics now, I doubt it will EVER happen.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-07-2020 at 02:41 PM.

Hopefully they use something more creative than boring Youtube suggestions. Wanda never had the ability to create mutants, and she certainly didn't depower them with her own abilities. But I don't think she'll be in the universe in 5 or so years so I don't think they are using her anyway.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I wouldn't exactly call this safe, again she might leave people the unwanted HoM impression.
    True, X-Men fanboys will go rabid if they see Wanda "jeopardizing" the X-Men in the MCU also.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Why would Wanda be the catalyst for mutants in the MCU? There are better ways of introducing mutants than a stupid Reverse HOM
    It's just something people have been speculating about especially since Wanda has a major role in the Doctor Strange sequel which is all about the multiverse and it looks like Wanda will be tapping into her Scarlet Witch identity more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    because he is, he hasnt read any of those books he admits so , that he never reads anything he criticizes, and because every piece of modern x-men media claremont wrote was terrible.
    He hates EVERYTHING after his tenure.
    Mix both of these and his opinions are null and void since the version of the x-men he wrote is gone because of over 20 or so years of stories that are in continuity that changed the franchise.
    Except when most people think of the X-Men, they still think of Claremont's X-Men. Not Matt Fraction's Utopia X-Men or Bendis' Extinction X-Men (besides Wrongclops fanboys that this place is fraught with). The X-Men films are heavily inspired by Claremont's X-Men from Dark Phoenix, to Days of Future Past, to Wolverine's first solo series, to God Love Man Kills. And even the popular 90s animated series pretty much adapted all of Claremont's big stories. The best selling comic of all time is still written by Claremont.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, I think Hiddleston and Hemsworth will usher in characters like Beta Ray Bill and Jane Foster in the next Thor movie. And I think Rudd and Lilly will help introduce Stature/Stinger. More torches getting passed. The only reason why I think Viv is getting close to Wiccan in popularity is because on various message boards, many posters prefer Wiccan and Viv to be Vision's and Wanda's kids. For some reason, there is just not that much love for Speed, unfortunately amongst many comic book fans. Maybe because he's severely underutilized. It's just hard to write for speedsters. I think that's part of the reason why Quicksilver was killed of in that Ultron movie. I agree with your analysis of things working out great when Stark created Vision and Ultron. It made sense for his character arc and reflected his desire to protect the Earth after the Battle of New York in Avengers 1. The only reason why I mentioned War Machine is because I read online that he might be ending his run in the MCU by co-starring in a Disney+ series which will introduce Ironheart into the MCU. But it could be just a rumor. I thought Cheadle was hilarious whenever his character encountered heroes like Vision and Giant Man for the first time. He was just shocked by what they could do and he made it look really convincing. Yeah, I don't know what the Guardians are going to do after movie 3. I only know for sure that director James Gunn will be done with that franchise after that film. I think Disney will definitely try to keep Spider-Man. Because Marvel without Spider-Man is just not Marvel. But it will be tricky because of studio politics. There is one character which I really like who I think could be leaving the MCU soon. And that's Samuel L. Jackson's Nick Fury. It's clear that SWORD is going to be replacing SHIELD in the not too distant future (SWORD will debut in WandaVision). So I can definitely see his character getting replaced. I can easily picture if he gets killed off, his last word will be mother--! I'm not sure how long Falcon and Bucky will last. I think Phase 6 will be the last one they appear in.

I definitely think that WandaVision will take an "emotional" inspiration from Tom King's Vision series. But when it come to the actual story for the show itself, I'm guessing it will be RADICALLY different from the source material. Marvel Studios has proven time and time again that they will dramatically depart from the comic book storylines upon which their movies are based. So I wouldn't be surprised the series might be significantly different from what we expect. The Age of Ultron comic book crossover storyline barely had any resemblance to Joss Whedon's film. One key difference between the movies and the comic books are the jokes. Expect plenty of them in WandaVision. And I agree, Magneto and Xavier will not be the same as the Fox movies. I don't think the MCU is interested in rehashing their stories. I actually think the multiverse WILL introduce all sorts of characters into the main MCU universe, but I think the X-Men will only enter later. So, Wanda will probably have a peripheral role in bringing in mutants, but she'll be helping to bring in a lot of other folks too. I don't foresee any House of M stuff because a lot of key characters in that storyline won't be present in the MCU before Olsen leaves it. And I don't expect Wanda to be too involved with that stuff because I don't see her staying in the MCU for another ten years.

I actually agree with Marvel Studios putting Falcon and Winter Soldier first. It's more of a "traditional" Marvel product and it's a "safe" choice to start Marvel's Disney+ venture. Feige and his team probably think WandaVision might be a little TOO weird to start off their shows off with. There's a chance it might flop because of the risky premise of the series, so I think that's why they went with Falcon and Winter Soldier first. They don't want to "bomb" on their first try. Feige also knows he's got a LOT riding on WandaVision. Unlike other movies and shows, this one's largely HIS creation. It'll be embarrassing for him if it fails. So I think Falcon and Winter Soldier will be building up for WandaVision. I also think Marvel Studios wants to put WandaVision CLOSER to the Multiverse of Madness chronologically. So there will be a seamless transition there. WandaVision will be the first Disney+ show that will have a DIRECT connection to an MCU movie. What DOES surprise me is that Marvel Comics is NOT publishing any NEW stories starring Vision and/or Wanda. That came as a bit of a shock because Falcon and Winter Soldier got a new one, and so did the Black Widow in anticipation for their shows and movies respectively. Sometimes you get the feeling that the creators at Marvel Comics WANT WandaVision to fail because they dislike the two characters actually being happy. I heard that Feige was no fan of working with Perlmutter, Bendis and Quesada in particular. Maybe Perlmutter's old Creative Committee members still working for Marvel Comics are trying to sabotage things from behind the scenes. Really disappointing. If Wanda doesn't get promotion in the comics now, I doubt it will EVER happen.
    I forgot about Beta Ray Bill. He'd be a good choice to introduce to give Jane a new supporting cast. Speed always gets ignored a lot to be honest, even before Viv was introduced. I guess fans felt he didn't add anything new like Kate Bishop did or Billy and Teddy with their relationship. I don't understand why Marvel has always been so hesitant about speedsters when one of DC's most popular characters is one and he's infinitely way more powerful than Pietro or Tommy. I forgot that there were Ironheart rumors so it makes since that War Machine would help her get started since Tony is dead. I like Don Cheadle as an actor and a person but his War Machine was always forgettable for me and I wonder if Terrence Howard's might have been more memorable to me especially since I was a fan of him on Empire. Spider-Man has always been a golden goose for Marvel so even if they don't feel like they need him because other characters have proven to be able to hold their own, I can't see them ever dropping him. I forgot about Sam Jackson's Nick Fury and I'm curious as to what they plan for his character as well. The MCU will certainly feel strange without him since he's been there from the beginning and been the most recurring character. If Bucky and Falcon can last till Phase 6, there's no reason why Wanda can't imo.

I agree, Wanda/Vision will take inspiration from Tom King's Vision but it clearly can't be a straight adaptation. Something like Civil War which also took the basic premise from the comic event but had little in common with it beyond that. As for Age of Ultron, I think they confirmed from the very beginning that the movie wouldn't have anything to do with the comic storyline and they just poached the name. Wanda definitely won't be around for 10 years in the MCU but we have one phase confirmed at least, and I'd like to think she'll last longer than that.

It did dawn on me that Falcon and Winter Soldier is a show that will be more like the movies but on the TV screen. It's the safe choice like you said as fans of the MCU will likely be expecting what they regularly see in theaters. Wanda/Vision could turn fans away if they don't like the direction of it and feel all the Disney+ shows will be "weird" like that, so I do understand Marvel's POV here. I can't stand Perlmutter and Quesada so I don't blame Feige for that at all. I'm not sure how much involvement Bendis had with the MCU but I do know that much of the worst things that happened to Wanda and left her in limbo in years was because of him so he probably doesn't like her much. Strange, since he loves the 70s between characters like Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Ms. Marvel, Phoenix, etc. so I don't know why Scarlet Witch and Vision wouldn't be higher on his list. I'm assuming the new Darkhold storyline is meant to promote Wanda/Vision.

Hopefully they use something more creative than boring Youtube suggestions. Wanda never had the ability to create mutants, and she certainly didn't depower them with her own abilities. But I don't think she'll be in the universe in 5 or so years so I don't think they are using her anyway.
    I'd be really upset if the Doctor Strange sequel turns out to be her swan song. I feel like between that and Wanda/Vision, this should just be the beginning for her. I hope they only choose to retire her when they also get rid of Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther since Infinity War/Endgame showed that they don't consider her part of the old guard.

I forgot about Beta Ray Bill. He'd be a good choice to introduce to give Jane a new supporting cast. Speed always gets ignored a lot to be honest, even before Viv was introduced. I guess fans felt he didn't add anything new like Kate Bishop did or Billy and Teddy with their relationship. I don't understand why Marvel has always been so hesitant about speedsters when one of DC's most popular characters is one and he's infinitely way more powerful than Pietro or Tommy. I forgot that there were Ironheart rumors so it makes since that War Machine would help her get started since Tony is dead. I like Don Cheadle as an actor and a person but his War Machine was always forgettable for me and I wonder if Terrence Howard's might have been more memorable to me especially since I was a fan of him on Empire. Spider-Man has always been a golden goose for Marvel so even if they don't feel like they need him because other characters have proven to be able to hold their own, I can't see them ever dropping him. I forgot about Sam Jackson's Nick Fury and I'm curious as to what they plan for his character as well. The MCU will certainly feel strange without him since he's been there from the beginning and been the most recurring character. If Bucky and Falcon can last till Phase 6, there's no reason why Wanda can't imo.

I agree, Wanda/Vision will take inspiration from Tom King's Vision but it clearly can't be a straight adaptation. Something like Civil War which also took the basic premise from the comic event but had little in common with it beyond that. As for Age of Ultron, I think they confirmed from the very beginning that the movie wouldn't have anything to do with the comic storyline and they just poached the name. Wanda definitely won't be around for 10 years in the MCU but we have one phase confirmed at least, and I'd like to think she'll last longer than that.

It did dawn on me that Falcon and Winter Soldier is a show that will be more like the movies but on the TV screen. It's the safe choice like you said as fans of the MCU will likely be expecting what they regularly see in theaters. Wanda/Vision could turn fans away if they don't like the direction of it and feel all the Disney+ shows will be "weird" like that, so I do understand Marvel's POV here. I can't stand Perlmutter and Quesada so I don't blame Feige for that at all. I'm not sure how much involvement Bendis had with the MCU but I do know that much of the worst things that happened to Wanda and left her in limbo in years was because of him so he probably doesn't like her much. Strange, since he loves the 70s between characters like Spider-Woman, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Ms. Marvel, Phoenix, etc. so I don't know why Scarlet Witch and Vision wouldn't be higher on his list. I'm assuming the new Darkhold storyline is meant to promote Wanda/Vision.
    You know it's funny. The director of the Incredible Hulk (2008), Louis Leterrier always wanted Ruffalo to be his Hulk. Leterrier stated that Marvel Studio executives wanted Norton because he was "more famous." And apparently Marvel Studios wanted Don Cheadle all along as War Machine, but Terrence Howard's agent helped him get the job at the last second. It's pretty clear that the Marvel Creative Committee was very active at the time so they definitely had a role in these negotiations. Clearly mistakes were made. Ed Norton and Terrence Howard are excellent and talented actors, but they have well-earned reputations for being "difficult" on sets. Their perceived lack of professionalism working with Marvel truly damaged their careers because they are not nearly successful as their potential would have you believe. Downey Jr and Renner have had troubled personal lives, no question, but so far they have acted on their best behavior on sets. Ruffalo and Cheadle are ultimate team players and fantastic professionals. If Marvel had stuck to their guns, they would have had Ruffalo and Cheadle to begin with and no recasting would have been necessary. The MCU would have started out more seamlessly. The Marvel Creative Committee might deserve some of the blame here. I'm not sure how much control Feige had at that time. I believe he would have opposed a long, dark and serious Hulk film (which is what we sort of got with the Hulk in 2008). You know that dude loves comedy in superhero films and so do I. Here is a list of things the Marvel Creative Committee had a hand in that potentially prevented earlier MCU movies from being more popular:

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudi...rvel_creative/

The first two Thor movies and the Incredible Hulk film in 2008 were TOO humorless and serious in my opinion. I also think the two Amazing Spider-Man movies also suffered from the same problems. That's why they were not as successful as they could have been. We know that other Marvel films (non-MCU) like the X-Men films, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, Punisher, Fantastic Four (2015) were more dark and serious with very few jokes. They did not score well at the box office. The first two Fantastic Four movies and Man-Thing film were way too campy from what I understand, and they never had the heart of the MCU films, so they were not as great as they could have been either. Now, practically EVERY MCU film is full of joy and laughter (with the notable exception of the Black Panther, which is kind of like a "movement" movie). And this is largely due to the work of Kevin Feige and his staff of dedicated Marvel assistants. I have long been an admirer and fan of his work. I totally agree with a great deal of his creative decisions. I was absolutely stunned last year when Feige finally toppled Perlmutter in a major coup. And basically Quesada was demoted. Feige's promotion pretty much led to the firing of Jeph Loeb, who Feige saw as Perlmutter's man running things at Marvel TV. That's why Feige REFUSED to have anything to do with the Marvel TV shows. And the Marvel TV shows were far too violent and mature for them to truly reach a wider audience (from what I understand, Daredevil was the only one that performed well). In fact, Marvel TV itself has now been absorbed into Marvel Studios. The synergy between Marvel's films and television shows is now complete.

I know this has very little to do with a Scarlet Witch thread, but there is a connection. I read that both Feige and Whedon both fought really hard to get the Maximoff twins and Vision into the MCU over the staunch opposition of the Marvel Creative Committee. The latter were clearly not fans of those characters, but it was obvious that Feige and Whedon saw GREAT storytelling potential in Wanda and Vision in particular. And as I said previously, they have been proven absolutely correct. So for that, I will always be grateful to Feige and Whedon. Whedon takes a lot of unfair criticism in my view, but I really appreciate him fighting to get Wanda and Vision into the movies. And the Age of Ultron, for all its problems, had one great result. Feige was liberated from Perlmutter's dominance. So I will never criticize Whedon's work. One of my biggest beefs with the Marvel Creative Committee were their decisions to kill off so many villains TOO quickly in the films. They could definitely be used more than once or twice in many cases. Comic book creators almost NEVER kill off villains so speedily in the comic books themselves, but the ones on that Committee kept recommending the movies do so. That totally made no sense to me. Thankfully, I believe Feige has learned from previous mistakes. One thing I am looking forward to is having more women write women characters in the MCU. Let's face it, a lot of these broads are written as ACTION FIGURES. They have no real personalities at all. They are just bitchy badasses who display NO humor at all. The dudes get to be the quippy ones. I think in future Marvel movies this will also change, and that's a good thing. Feige is really upping his game as time goes on. Ironically, one of the few women superheroes in the MCU that is being written well in my opinion is actually Wanda Maximoff. I think that's largely because Whedon, the Russo brothers, Markus and McFeely grew up loving the relationship she had with the Vision when they read the comics as kids. And it clearly shows in the movies. Even the notoriously unsentimental GenericUsername loved the following lines in Captain America: Civil War:

Wanda: And what do you want?
    Vision: For people to see you...As I do.
    And then, silence.

Now if Marvel Comics can FINALLY return to all-ages storytelling, things could only get better!

I'd be really upset if the Doctor Strange sequel turns out to be her swan song. I feel like between that and Wanda/Vision, this should just be the beginning for her. I hope they only choose to retire her when they also get rid of Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, and Black Panther since Infinity War/Endgame showed that they don't consider her part of the old guard.
    I'd be really upset if her swan song is the same type of thing that wrecked her in comics. Perhaps permanently, because she's never gotten back to her previous status in the Avengers. And is barely in comics.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

I'd be really upset if her swan song is the same type of thing that wrecked her in comics. Perhaps permanently, because she's never gotten back to her previous status in the Avengers. And is barely in comics.
    Yeah, besides her stint in Rick Remender's Uncanny Avengers, she hasn't been in a flagship book since then, let alone the flagship Avengers team. Maybe they'll position her in a more prominent role as Phase 4 goes by.