Page 85 of 271 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135185 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 4051

IMG_20200608_073357.jpg
    Who are the characters behind Wanda here?

I see deadpool and the person with two red lines on the face looks like rachel grey
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 06-08-2020 at 03:41 AM.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Black Bolt on extreme right.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

It looks like Magneto to me :/
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 06-08-2020 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    IMG_20200608_073357.jpg
    Who are the characters behind Wanda here?

I see deadpool and the person with two red lines on the face looks like rachel grey
    Agreed.
    I'm left to assume the far left figure before Deadpool could be Dracula? Simply based on the fanged tooth. I suppose it could be Azazel too.
    The figure furthest to the right gives me Belasco vibes, with the horns.

So Azazel/Dracula, Deadpool, Rachel Grey, Magneto and Belasco

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Wow, thanks for that link and all that information! I had no idea that Mark Ruffalo and Don Cheadle were always intended to be the first choices. I knew Ike Perlmutter was a terrible person so I shouldn't be shocked that he made racist comments about Cheadle and Howard and didn't believe a woman could be a superhero villain. So glad he lost his power at Marvel. Same with Joe Quesada who is one of the most misogynistic people who probably ever worked at Marvel. It's because of him that Jean Grey was killed off and dead for so long and why Spider-Man and MJ's marriage was retconned. Anyone who didn't get along with him must be a hero so more power to Feige then.

Downey Jr. may have had personal issues but that was a long time ago and he clearly outgrew them. Renner may not have caused trouble on set but clearly he has major issues in his personal life and isn't the most sane person. On Twitter, a lot of people have pointed out that during public appearances, Elizabeth Olsen looks very uncomfortable near him since he's always touching her in some shape or form.

I know that people didn't really like the Thor movies until Ragnarok and I admit that Thor: The Dark World is one of my least favorite films, but I'm not really a fan of Ragnarok either. I'm fine with the MCU humor but I don't need it in everything and I liked the Shakespearean take on Thor and Kenneth Brannagh is a brilliant director. Ragnarok wasted all the classical mythology imo and was focused more on laughs than coherent storytelling. That's a super unpopular opinion I know, especially since people think Thor has been revitalized as a character since then but the original MCU Thor was more like in the comics and frankly still not close enough for my taste. I actually did like the first two Fantastic Four films but I haven't seen them in forever so I'm not sure how well they've aged. Out of Marvel TV, Daredevil was a major hit and still has a very devoted fanbase trying to get the show back. There's a lot of chances that Daredevil might be revived since the 2 years during which Marvel can't do anything more with the property are nearly up. Jessica Jones was also fairly popular although not as much as Daredevil. Luke Cage was more mixed but people did like it. Iron Fist was the first critical dud and got a lot of flack. Defenders got a lot of flack too. I never saw Punisher but I heard people liked it enough. But yeah, basically Daredevil was the most successful show.

I don't like Whedon very much because it's come out that he wasn't as feminist as he claimed to be and harassed a lot of women, but I do appreciate the fact that he fought to get the Maximoffs and Vision into Age of Ultron. To be honest, I was not an MCU fan until Age of Ultron primarily because these three characters were introduced. It's interesting that your link said that Whedon fought hard for the Hawkeye family subplot to not be removed when frankly I felt that's one of the low points of the film. The Thor subplot may not have been necessary and was editorially mandated, but I'd much rather have that than Family Man Barton. And I do agree that a lot of the female characters in the MCU are a bit interchangable, not just personality wise but also with the same powers, which makes Wanda stand out especially. I think they're doing a lot better with the new female characters like Carol, Shuri, and Okoye though. Mantis too technically even if I'm not a fan of the MCU version of her but at least she's different from the others.

I think the reason Wanda and Vision have such a following in the MCU now is because of scenes and lines like the ones you posted.
    Thank you for the comments. They are much appreciated. Before I get into further trouble, I will say these will be my final remarks NOT related to Wanda here. I think Hawkeye as a character was destroyed by turning him into a family man (and that family had virtually no roles in the movies). I think the Thor movies showed different elements of that character, so I'm okay with him changing into what he became in Ragnarok and I'm happy him and Loki are popular now. I also think it's great that Feige has absolute control over things at Marvel now. I think it's great Ruffalo and Cheadle got chances to shine. And I think it was hilarious that Ultron actually SANG in Age of Ultron and when the Hulk crawled into his plane in that movie he muttered "Oh for God's sake." Thanks Joss!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-08-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While Dr. Strange has flirted with learning black magic from Kaluu to 'fight evil with evil,' I suspect Wanda using the Darkhold would fall inevitably into the 'wimmen can't handle power' trope and involve her flipping out and having to be stopped by some dudes. Been there. Seen that. Let's not.

There could be an interesting story in there. (The evil power builds up in there over time, and has to be released in aggressive displays from time to time, or it starts wreaking havoc on it's surroundings and evil critters start leaking into the local surroundings? 'Evil calls to evil' and it can be used as a talisman to find other concentrations of wickedness that the good mages can then oppose? Something like that.) But I don't trust that Wanda wouldn't come off badly from any interaction with it.
    But do you think if dudes like Dr. Strange and Doctor Doom flirted with black magic, they would lose control of themselves and need to be rescued by others? I kind of think not. I think there is a decent chance Wanda might get "possessed" again and do some bad **** "unintentionally". Creators at Marvel love that kind of drama. They've been loving it for thirty YEARS!
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-08-2020 at 09:13 AM.

So Azazel/Dracula, Deadpool, Rachel Grey, Magneto and Belasco
    To me it looks like:
    Dr Strange, Deadpool, Rachel Grey, Magneto, ??? and Belasco or Daredevil

Still a book with Wanda and Rachel in it, has perked my interest

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing Wanda actually controlling Darkhold power for a while. I mean, she should have talent for that.
    Not sure why she would even want to given the Darkhold is supposed to be evil. It would eb better to find away of getting rid of the damn thing

I noticed Wanda is wearing her classic costume in that art, i hope she stays with her current costume omg

I noticed Wanda is wearing her classic costume in that art, i hope she stays with her current costume omg
    Covers can lie

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post

Still a book with Wanda and Rachel in it, has perked my interest
    I wish it was Jean ugh

If it's really Rachel, that's very odd, she isn't connected to magic, or Wanda, or the Avengers. But I'm excited about the idea.

And Magneto??? I mean they aren't connected anymore or talked since the axis retcon