Page 93 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 4051

Can't wait for the WandaVision trailer and see reactions on YouTube

I hope they can put at least one scene of a fight or summ

Sadly i think we are no getting the trailer in this comic con

Quote Originally Posted by GenericUsername View Post
    I haven't run into this at all. Even before WandaVision. People seemed to really latch onto Wanda. The reaction to Vision that I've seen is that they didn't let him do a lot. Which is true. They also extremely powered him down.
    Bad communication on my part. What I meant is that as a COUPLE, I have read several opinions (when the series was first announced) that the two of them were far too serious and felt the whole romance thing was rushed. As opposed to Tony and Pepper, Peter and MJ, and Quill and Gamora where there was a lot of playful banter going on. I have also read more comments stating that they sort of disliked how the two of them got together largely OFF-SCREEN. Kind of like how the transformation of Professor Hulk was NOT shown ON-SCREEN either. I don't recall many of those people saying they actively disliked the pairing though. Wanda on her own seems quite liked because she got to use her powers to really CRUSH her enemies and a lot of audiences liked that. But I also think she was powered down to a certain extent too. I think people liked Vision best in the Age of Ultron. Him lifting Thor's Hammer they liked and they really enjoyed his final conversation with Ultron in that movie. But then you would read statements like how the Russo brothers were about to "ruin" his career after that astonishing debut. And they kind of did. Wanda actually got even more active after the Age of Ultron and people enjoyed that immensely and Vision was transformed into a robotic Mr. Rogers. I also think Wanda's popularity grew TREMENDOUSLY after she lost her Sokovian accent. From what I have read, most audiences HATED it and thought it was awful. Judging from the comments on THIS thread, most people here seem to agree with that sentiment. That's why I said earlier the "Americanization" of Wanda was necessary for her character to achieve her full potential, although it takes away from the cultural richness of her Eastern European Romani heritage. One thing about Vision is that people seemed obsessed about his sartorial choices. You even mentioned yourself that you were amused how Vision got so human in terms of fashion as the movies went on. I thought that Vision was fucked the moment that Feige and Whedon put the Mind Stone in his head. They might as well have stapled a note on his forehead with the words "Kill me Thanos" on it. I find it strange that Vision has to "die" so many times for Wanda's character to grow. I don't remember that happening at all in the comic books. But you know what, I'm okay with that (despite me being a big Vision fan). It means that their relationship is in a far more healthier place in the films than in the books. I also think it's fine that he has been sort of reduced to being merely Wanda's boyfriend in the movies. It hurts his popularity to a certain extent, but that's all right in my view. If the two didn't get together, I think Vision would be more badass in the movies, but something would be missing in his character you know? And Wanda's too. A lot of her actions in the films are based on their relationship.

I personally believe that Vision is a personal favorite of Feige's in terms of Marvel's characters. Paul Bettany stated that when Feige first saw him as the Vision in a make-up chair, he actually cried. I do get why Vision and Wanda fans are so nervous about this show because both of these characters have been treated HORRIBLY in the comics for decades. I don't think there's anything to worry about. I'm confident Feige and his team will do them justice in this series. And judging by how happy Olsen and Bettany are, it's almost guaranteed that they did.

I think McFeely and Markus and the Russos had no choice but to power down the Hulk, Vision and Wanda. If Vis could have used his powers to full capacity in that airport battle in Civil War, I think Team Captain America would have been annihilated, even with Wanda on their team. I think it's funny that in the movies, Wanda was actually taken down by Hawkeye and War Machine. And the Black Order gave her some trouble too, but not as much trouble as they gave Vision. Dude must have been stabbed at least fifty times in Infinity War alone. If the Hulk, Vision and Wanda were NOT powered down, I think the Avengers would have won their battles against Thanos's armies with probably not too much trouble. So I agree with what the writers and directors did with the characters. I do think it's quite possible that all three characters will be POWERED UP in WandaVision and She-Hulk to make up for their relative weaknesses in the films though. I have no proof that this will happen, but it seems logical to me that it will. I also think WandaVision and She-Hulk will share a unique dynamic in that the protagonists will demonstrate that their relationships will be based on familial love and that they will sacrifice a lot to support each other. I think that theme will be reinforced. There's a definite possibility that Vision and the Hulk will NOT make it out of WandaVision and She-Hulk alive.

I know you disliked Civil War, but I do believe it gave us WandaVision. The "paprikash" scene triggered something in Feige's mind, I believe. I know Taika Waititi wanted to do a "romcom" based on Wanda and Vision because of that scene. And Bettany, according to Olsen, was pushing for a domestic sitcom behind the scenes because he thought it would be funny. Again based on that scene. At the time, the online response was overwhelmingly receptive to the idea. I even read comments from self-proclaimed "hardcore dudes" who would watch the "hell out of that." For me, I thought paprikash was as fictional as Sokovia. But I soon found out that it was very REAL indeed. Look up chicken paprikash on Wikipedia and it specifically mentions Vision's failure to cook it in its article on the dish. I personally thought that scene was not a particularly happy one at all. In fact, they both looked pretty sad and serious at the end of it. WandaVision director Matt Shakman mentioned Wanda and Vision cooking together in an interview, and I'm almost certain cooking will be revisited in this series (in a totally funny way).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-14-2020 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    Can't wait for the WandaVision trailer and see reactions on YouTube

I hope they can put at least one scene of a fight or summ

Sadly i think we are no getting the trailer in this comic con
    Why do you think we won't get a trailer? Wouldn't Marvel Studios want to hype up their shows during this pandemic to remind people of their upcoming projects? I'm not familiar with how comic con works, so please pardon my ignorance if I sound foolish in even asking this question.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-14-2020 at 06:08 AM.

Eh a lot of these rumors are ridiculous. There's no proof out there that Feige sees Wanda in that way. And it would not make sense to have her go to the good side, to then just switch her back again. Feige has stated that he wanted to add the twins because of his love of bronze age comics. So I doubt he even considered to make her a villain. These rumors always feel like someone creating them to try to force their own wishes into reality. We know that the common thing on Youtube and Reddit is that they want Wanda to "go crazy" so she can give them mutants and then just leave. They don't really want anything else with the character and think the destruction of her was a power moment for her for some strange damn reason. Those are the types Marvel should listen to the least. They tried to with Civil War and it felt like two movies competing with each other.
    If fanboys ran the show at Marvel Studios, I think we wouldn't have the MCU as we know it. They keep insisting on saying "But this is how these things happened in the comic books." They don't understand or don't want to understand that these films and shows are ADAPTATIONS of the comics. Some of the stuff in the comics is pretty graphic and violent. Disney CAN'T promote such content. I think the writers of WandaVision are incorporating some elements of House of M into the series, but it will be done in a TOTALLY different way than in the comics. Reality warping with no mutant apartheid connected to it at all. People seem to forget that Vision will be in this series as well. My personal belief is that Wanda will have some kind of mental breakdown, but I think Vision will help her deal with it and pull her back from making some really stupid decisions. And Dr. Strange will come in at the end of the series and take Wanda, her children, Jimmy Woo, Agatha Harkness, Darcy Lewis, and Monica Rambeau "home." Wanda will fulfill her destiny and become the Scarlet Witch and Vision will accomplish his goal of achieving "full humanity". And thus will conclude one of the weirdest and most bizarre love stories in all of comic book history.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-14-2020 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Why do you think we won't get a trailer? Wouldn't Marvel Studios want to hype up their shows during this pandemic to remind people of their upcoming projects? I'm not familiar with how comic con works, so please pardon my ignorance if I sound foolish in even asking this question.
    Cause it's online and idk if Marvel would have a proper panel even thought before the Covid thing they were about to make a panel for WandaVision to show some new things

Cause it's online and idk if Marvel would have a proper panel even thought before the Covid thing they were about to make a panel for WandaVision to show some new things
    If it is like every other convention cancelled by Mr. Virus, all announcements planned will be done online.

If fanboys ran the show at Marvel Studios, I think we wouldn't have the MCU as we know it. They keep insisting on saying "But this is how these things happened in the comic books." They don't understand or don't want to understand that these films and shows are ADAPTATIONS of the comics. Some of the stuff in the comics is pretty graphic and violent. Disney CAN'T promote such content. I think the writers of WandaVision are incorporating some elements of House of M into the series, but it will be in a TOTALLY different way than in the comics. Reality warping with no mutant apartheid connected to it at all. People seem to forget that Vision will be in this series as well. My personal belief is that Wanda will have some kind of mental breakdown, but I think Vision will help her deal with it and pull her back from making some really stupid decisions. And Dr. Strange will come in at the end of the series and take Wanda, her children, Jimmy Woo, Agatha Harkness, Darcy Lewis, and Monica Rambeau "home." Wanda will fulfill her destiny and become the Scarlet Witch and Vision will accomplish his goal of achieving "full humanity". And thus will conclude one of the weirdest and most bizarre love stories in all of comic book history.
    Well even worse, you get the ones that want things based on headcanon too.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

That's why I said earlier the "Americanization" of Wanda was necessary for her character to achieve her full potential, although it takes away from the cultural richness of her Eastern European Romani heritage.
    The moment they took out Wanda's Romani heritage was when they hired someone white to play her. It doesn't have anything to do with the accent, because it wasn't a Romanese or even an Eastern European accent. At best, it was botched Russian.

Like I've mentioned before, the problems with the character as Romani representation are layered and plenty. She reaches the basic threshold of mostly being a hero at least. But there'd be a lot of footwork if they ever wanted to take it seriously and make her good representation. And that'd have started way back when they first made her Romani.

I find it strange that Vision has to "die" so many times for Wanda's character to grow.
    Vision died a couple times in comics. Once when the government riped him apart after the ISAAC situation. And once after Wanda had She-Hulk rip him apart during Disassembled. The first time Hank put him back together, the second time, Tony did.

I personally believe that Vision is a personal favorite of Feige's in terms of Marvel's characters. Paul Bettany stated that when Feige first saw him as the Vision in a make-up chair, he actually cried. I do get why Vision and Wanda fans are so nervous about this show because both of these characters have been treated HORRIBLY in the comics for decades. I don't think there's anything to worry about. I'm confident Feige and his team will do them justice in this series. And judging by how happy Olsen and Bettany are, it's almost guaranteed that they did.
    I like movie Vision better than comics Vision personality wise. And that's because at some points in comics, Vision could be a jerk. They've kept that out of the movies. I just would like to see his full power set on screen.

I think McFeely and Markus and the Russos had no choice but to power down the Hulk, Vision and Wanda.
    I'd argue that they have not powered Wanda down. As a matter of fact because of the limited time movies have versus comics, I think that Wanda's powers are progressing far faster than they did in comics. Wanda at the beginning of her career wasn't nearly as powerful as she is now.

I know you disliked Civil War, but I do believe it gave us WandaVision. The "paprikash" scene triggered something in Feige's mind, I believe. I know Taika Waititi wanted to do a "romcom" based on Wanda and Vision because of that scene. And Bettany, according to Olsen, was pushing for a domestic sitcom behind the scenes because he thought it would be funny.
    It may have but I don't think that was exclusively the inspiration there. It could have easily come out of the years the characters were married in comics and the fact that Vision and the Scarlet Witch was a book with that sort of feel already.

Also not everything with Civil War Was bad. It just didn't turn out well overall because they changed their direction for the film later into production.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

It's no problem at all. I definitely don't think Frank Castle is joining the MCU. Maybe an Easter Egg or something but nothing more. But it is strange that vigilantes who are similar to him like Moon Knight and Ghost Rider ARE. Those characters don't have the political baggage Castle has though. But then again, are otherworldly demons bound by human laws when it comes to dudes like Ghost Rider? I don't know. I'm not sure if there will be enough Avengers left for Wanda to join with in a few years. I think a lot of them are leaving the MCU in the next couple of phases. I can see her hanging out with Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, and the Wasp (if Lilly sticks around). It will be weird to see her without Vision and Quicksilver at her side anymore, but maybe she'll hang out with Strange and Clea and his mystical gang from now on. It's funny how the Avengers are becoming more female-dominated after years of being heavily represented by men. I think Doom loving his mother will definitely make him sympathetic to many audiences. But as I was joking with GenericUsername, there's a HUGE chance the MCU's probably gonna dispense with his Romani Eastern European heritage and make him end up sounding like Tom Brady in two seconds flat. Probably after studying in college in the US for a few years. I kinda wish Thor: Ragnarok happened BEFORE the Age of Ultron. If Thor's personality was reflected in the Vision after Ragnarok, I think Vision would not have been a stoic and regal dude. He would have become a clown like Stark, Banner, Ultron and post-Ragnarok Thor. And I think Wanda would have liked him even more because pretty much all chicks love a great sense of humor. I still don't understand why Ultron became a quip machine and Vision didn't.

And it's WandaVision that's drawing from the Scarlet Witch's solo series, NOT Doctor Strange 2! I just wanted to clear that up. If Scott Derrickson left because of the fact that he wanted Dr Strange to go darker than what Feige would have liked, I wouldn't be too upset. But if he left because Feige wanted to jam in story elements NOT directly related to the characters in Derrickson's movie, I think he would have every right to be upset and I would agree with him. As much as I like Wanda, I've always stated that a Strange movie should basically be about Strange and his supporting cast. Strange fans have waited DECADES just like Wanda fans have to see his stories come to life on the big screen. I think they deserve to have his lore and supporting cast focused on when it comes to his films. I think Strange's movie is already making WandaVision less of a Wanda show and more of a Strange thing. Especially if Chthon is not involved. I'm pretty sure a lot of Wanda fans might have some reservations about that. And I happen to LOVE Dr Strange! I don't mind WandaVision and Dr Strange 2 connecting, but I want them each to be able to stand on their own as if they WEREN'T connected, you know? But I think it's more likely that Derrickson wanted to go darker because he's still an executive producer for the Multiverse of Madness and he's praised WandaVision publicly. And if Bettany is proud of WandaVision, I just can't see it being bad. He really likes Jac Schaeffer too!
    Moon Knight and Ghost Rider seem less problematic than Ghost Rider. Also note that you don't see too many Marvel heroes wielding firearms and the ones who are, use futuristic ones like Rocekt Raccoon or Star-Lord. Punisher firing wave after wave of ammo won't look too well in a country already ripped apart by school shootings and the lack of gun control.

I'd love to see Wanda with Carol, Jen, and Jessica Drew who hopefully is introduced soon because apparently Kevin Feige really wants to include her. I'm fine with Strange and Clea though as well although I wonder if Wanda will play the Clea role. I'm glad the Avengers are getting more female characters and there were rumors about an A-Force movie. Vision has never been a jokester though so I'm not sure why you would want his personality to be completely changed like that. I'm glad they didn't alter the character and if Thor had already become humorous before Age of Ultron, wouldn't that just further mean that Vision would be less humorous because they have enough wisecrackers on the team between Stark, Banner, Ultron, Thor, etc.?

Oh thanks for clearing that up that Wanda/Vision is drawing from the Scarlet Witch solo series, not Doc Strange 2. I didn't really become a Doctor Strange fan until his film came out but I can see why his fans would want him to be the central figure of his films and not have his spotlight taken over by Wanda. Personally I don't see that occurring even with her upcoming major role.

I haven't run into this at all. Even before WandaVision. People seemed to really latch onto Wanda. The reaction to Vision that I've seen is that they didn't let him do a lot. Which is true. They also extremely powered him down.
    Wanda has really drawn attention over the years. I think Vision suffered because he's super powerful but he never got the spotlight compared to a character like Thor who made him feel superfluous. Then Captain Marvel came in as the most powerful Avenger and Wanda could arguably challenge that as well so Vision was just sorta there.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    It would be great to see Enchantress (Amora) show up as a rival for Wanda.
    I would have liked to have seen that in Wanda/Vision or Doctor Strange 2. Maybe it'll be possible if she's introduced in Loki or Thor: Love and Thunder.

Oh, thanks for clearing that up!

The moment they took out Wanda's Romani heritage was when they hired someone white to play her. It doesn't have anything to do with the accent, because it wasn't a Romanese or even an Eastern European accent. At best, it was botched Russian.

Like I've mentioned before, the problems with the character as Romani representation are layered and plenty. She reaches the basic threshold of mostly being a hero at least. But there'd be a lot of footwork if they ever wanted to take it seriously and make her good representation. And that'd have started way back when they first made her Romani.

Vision died a couple times in comics. Once when the government riped him apart after the ISAAC situation. And once after Wanda had She-Hulk rip him apart during Disassembled. The first time Hank put him back together, the second time, Tony did.

I like movie Vision better than comics Vision personality wise. And that's because at some points in comics, Vision could be a jerk. They've kept that out of the movies. I just would like to see his full power set on screen.

I'd argue that they have not powered Wanda down. As a matter of fact because of the limited time movies have versus comics, I think that Wanda's powers are progressing far faster than they did in comics. Wanda at the beginning of her career wasn't nearly as powerful as she is now.

It may have but I don't think that was exclusively the inspiration there. It could have easily come out of the years the characters were married in comics and the fact that Vision and the Scarlet Witch was a book with that sort of feel already.

Also not everything with Civil War Was bad. It just didn't turn out well overall because they changed their direction for the film later into production.
    Oh yeah, when they whitewashed Wanda it pretty much changed her identity completely. That happened before the accent stuff. I'm just saying if Olsen had kept her accent, I think the Scarlet Witch would not be as popular as she is now. It would be a huge distraction. I remember Vision getting dismantled before...But I never considered it a death for him. Because you know in comic books, death is quite often a temporary phenomena. For androids, they just get rebuilt. In the movies, I think death is VERY real. And Vision's death will clearly have lots of repercussions for Wanda's character arc. I actually like the movie Vision just fine. People complain that he doesn't do anything but that's mostly because he hasn't been portrayed as a fighter. He doesn't quip and he's not particularly emotional for obvious reasons. Vision is the philosopher of the Avengers and many people don't care for that kind of personality. But I like it. I actually think it's a bit of a minor miracle he's NOT unpopular and movie watchers have totally accepted him as a valued Avenger despite his "unique" appearance. I think viewers definitely want to know more about his character and a lot of fans enjoy Paul Bettany's acting. And they think he's sort of mysterious and kind of enigmatic. An Avenger who is not like the others. You yourself said that you loved his portrayal of the android. As opposed to Olsen where many people didn't appreciate the whitewashing, basically nobody questions if Bettany was right for the role.

Wanda has been using her growing powers right from the get-go and I think that's what people want to see in superhero movies. I recall in the 90s, yeah, Wanda wasn't as powerful as she is now. So I agree she's stronger than 90s Wanda. But I have read online that she is now in the reality warping business. I don't recall her doing any of that stuff in the films. I thought they made Vision and Wanda weaker when the Black Order ambushed them in Scotland. They had to be rescued by Captain America, Falcon and the Black Widow. Sure, there was some inspiration from the previous Vision and Scarlet Witch series for the current WandaVision series, but I don't recall it being too "domestic". And it wasn't particularly funny. I actually read that next to Thor, Loki and Dr. Strange, Vision and Wanda are two of the most popular current Avengers, so Vision isn't doing TOO badly. It sort of doesn't matter if Vision gains more popularity because I don't think he's surviving this series. But Wanda's popularity growth could definitely help Dr. Strange 2's box office results. I would like to see him use his powers like he did in the Age of Ultron but I also want to see him be funny too. I know Olsen and Bettany are pretty funny people in real life so I think the comedic element of the series will work. I'm not even sure if Vision can fight demons magically like Wanda can. Only if Mephisto and/or Nightmare and/or Chthon use demons in the form of Ultron bots, maybe he would be able to do so.

I thought Civil War was all right. It was a good warm-up act for the next two Avengers films. It showed the Russos, McFeely and Markus could handle a large ensemble cast. I liked all the Avengers movies just fine. I read comic books as a kid, but I was more of a casual fan. So my standards are probably a lot lower than the posters on these threads. I liked the Age of Ultron because it introduced the Maximoff twins and Vision. And I enjoyed how they made the villains funny for the first time too in an MCU film. I also liked the fact that Ultron's unstable human emotions were the parts that made him scary. He was a flawed human inside a robot, and I thought that made him interesting. But apparently that's not a popular position on these threads.

I'm just glad that they're portraying Wanda and Vision in a positive light. The past thirty years have been sort of a nightmare for their fans in the comic books. I only found out this year that Vision had a kid. And that kid is really popular. I'm happy that Vision's dream of having a family has come true. His daughter has obviously replaced Wanda as the main woman in his life and it appears he's sort of emotionally abandoned Wanda. That makes me sad. I'm also sad that Wanda can't share in his joy. It's hard for her to be a mother to Wiccan and Speed because of all that reincarnation nonsense. From what I've read she's become a hate figure amongst mutants and she's now become their public enemy number one. It seems that Vision's in a better place emotionally and his character is developing in a really interesting way. That mini-series of his must have made a lot of readers look at him in a totally different light. But it can be argued that it was Wanda's series just as much as his, but she gained nothing from it at all. From what I gather Wanda's character development has largely stalled for years which is pretty disappointing.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-14-2020 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Moon Knight and Ghost Rider seem less problematic than Ghost Rider. Also note that you don't see too many Marvel heroes wielding firearms and the ones who are, use futuristic ones like Rocekt Raccoon or Star-Lord. Punisher firing wave after wave of ammo won't look too well in a country already ripped apart by school shootings and the lack of gun control.

I'd love to see Wanda with Carol, Jen, and Jessica Drew who hopefully is introduced soon because apparently Kevin Feige really wants to include her. I'm fine with Strange and Clea though as well although I wonder if Wanda will play the Clea role. I'm glad the Avengers are getting more female characters and there were rumors about an A-Force movie. Vision has never been a jokester though so I'm not sure why you would want his personality to be completely changed like that. I'm glad they didn't alter the character and if Thor had already become humorous before Age of Ultron, wouldn't that just further mean that Vision would be less humorous because they have enough wisecrackers on the team between Stark, Banner, Ultron, Thor, etc.?

Oh thanks for clearing that up that Wanda/Vision is drawing from the Scarlet Witch solo series, not Doc Strange 2. I didn't really become a Doctor Strange fan until his film came out but I can see why his fans would want him to be the central figure of his films and not have his spotlight taken over by Wanda. Personally I don't see that occurring even with her upcoming major role.
    Yeah, Moon Knight and Ghost Rider are characters that will cause less trouble for Marvel. The Punisher might be a little too controversial. I've heard rumors of an A-Force movie too. I'm just concerned it will be considered as "pandering" if they go down that route. The Ghostbusters thing was kind of disappointing when it came to support for female empowerment. But I have a lot of trust in Feige. So maybe he can pull it off. But I say the more female characters the better. I can picture Clea and Wanda bantering and having fun. You make a good point about jokesters in the Avengers. For me, I can never get enough humor in the MCU. I think that's the best part of the movies! But they probably would have too many jokers at that point. I just think every character in the MCU should get a chance to be a comedian. It usually increases their popularity. And lots of actors and actresses love being funny. But I do understand that Marvel Studios might be overdoing it sometimes. It was my fault for not being clear about the Scarlet Witch solo series. So I apologize for that. I became more of a Strange fan myself after his interactions with Stark in Infinity War. They made Strange sound like the magical version of Stark: A lovable asshole. Which I like. I actually don't think Wanda will take away from Strange's spotlight now, and I don't think Strange will interfere with Wanda's narrative in WandaVision. I just think they should be separate YET connected. I'm still holding out hope that WandaVision will be like Star Trek The Next Generation's Inner Light!

Astonishing Member

Wanda only has reality warping when she's tapping into huge energy sources, like the Life Force. She can tap into other sources for years to boost her power but she rarely does it deliberately.