Page 94 of 271 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144194 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Wanda only has reality warping when she's tapping into huge energy sources, like the Life Force. She can tap into other sources for years to boost her power but she rarely does it deliberately.
    Dude! You are an absolute life saver. Thanks for the explaining this concept to me. I find fictional magic really hard to understand. Even harder than fictional science! I don't want Wanda to become TOO powerful. The villains she faces have to be stronger than her. It's good for her to be an underdog. That makes things more interesting. I actually think that for the first time in the MCU, Wanda might LOSE a battle at the end of WandaVision from the looks of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Yeah, Moon Knight and Ghost Rider are characters that will cause less trouble for Marvel. The Punisher might be a little too controversial. I've heard rumors of an A-Force movie too. I'm just concerned it will be considered as "pandering" if they go down that route. The Ghostbusters thing was kind of disappointing when it came to support for female empowerment. But I have a lot of trust in Feige. So maybe he can pull it off. But I say the more female characters the better. I can picture Clea and Wanda bantering and having fun. You make a good point about jokesters in the Avengers. For me, I can never get enough humor in the MCU. I think that's the best part of the movies! But they probably would have too many jokers at that point. I just think every character in the MCU should get a chance to be a comedian. It usually increases their popularity. And lots of actors and actresses love being funny. But I do understand that Marvel Studios might be overdoing it sometimes. It was my fault for not being clear about the Scarlet Witch solo series. So I apologize for that. I became more of a Strange fan myself after his interactions with Stark in Infinity War. They made Strange sound like the magical version of Stark: A lovable asshole. Which I like. I actually don't think Wanda will take away from Strange's spotlight now, and I don't think Strange will interfere with Wanda's narrative in WandaVision. I just think they should be separate YET connected. I'm still holding out hope that WandaVision will be like Star Trek The Next Generation's Inner Light!
    Right now Blade, Moon Knight, and Ghost Rider are only meant for Disney+ shows so we'll see if they become popular enough to make the jump onto the big screen. I guess the reaction to A-Force will be similar to the reaction to that scene at the end of Endgame when all the female characters come together. It seems like most people love that although it did have its detractors. I like humor in the MCU but not every character needs to be whipping out wisecracks for their every line, such as Wanda who has never been a very humorous character. And Vision especially isn't that type of hero. You don't have to apologize about the influence of the Scarlet Witch solo series in the MCU. I haven't read too much of Strange in the comics but I think the MCU version especially did draw on the popularity of Tony Stark to shape his personality.

Astonishing Member

Dude! You are an absolute life saver. Thanks for the explaining this concept to me. I find fictional magic really hard to understand. Even harder than fictional science! I don't want Wanda to become TOO powerful. The villains she faces have to be stronger than her. It's good for her to be an underdog. That makes things more interesting. I actually think that for the first time in the MCU, Wanda might LOSE a battle at the end of WandaVision from the looks of things.
    I highly recommend Kurt Busiek's Avengers, Wanda's a key person in his storylines and provided valuable insight not how her powers work.

Extraordinary Member

That's a really interesting idea. I hope the folks at Marvel Studios know this story! I'm just wondering if Marvel Studios is gonna make Mephisto the "daddy" of Wanda's and Vision's kids. That would be really jarring!
    Mephisto is not even that important in that whole storyline.
    Wanda's kids are originally born from magic energy of New Salem, shaped by their parents' wish.(Which is kinda similiar to how second-gen Earth god/demons came into existence.)
    Mephisto thing is a later retcon to get rid of Wanda's kids, now Mephisto is like your go to divorce demon, Wanda, Spider-Man, Dr.Strange, want to break up characters? Go to Mephisto for a short process and done.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximoffTrash View Post
    Wanda's kids are originally born from magic energy of New Salem, shaped by their parents' wish.(Which is kinda similiar to how second-gen Earth god/demons came into existence.)
    Mephisto thing is a later retcon to get rid of Wanda's kids, now Mephisto is like your go to divorce demon, Wanda, Spider-Man, Dr.Strange, want to break up characters? Go to Mephisto for a short process and done.
    Mephisto is a terrible character (if you can even call him that, he's more of a living MacGuffin), who Marvel these days through out to make deals with stupid heroes. I would be delighted if he never appears in the MCU

Wanda only has reality warping when she's tapping into huge energy sources, like the Life Force. She can tap into other sources for years to boost her power but she rarely does it deliberately.
    No, Wanda only taps into her Chaos Magic when she wants to warp large areas or something that needs more effort

Base Wanda still able to warp reality in a low scale since we saw her warp several civilians and a giant monster in Jean Grey #7 (She turned them into tetris blocks), she also warped a Phoenix Powered Namor and Attempted to warp Hope Summers who was copying her powers, also their fight was putting the Earth at risk and the surface of the earth was turning into tetris blocks

The same way she created horde of Vision androids from norwhere during AXIS

So yeah, Wanda can warp reality, especially if she is Bloodlusted/Morals Off since controlling Chaos Magic is in her powerset and she can tap into it whenever she wants (don't confund this with the Life Force)

For example during AXIS she warped a large area into a Nazi Nightmare when she was being mindcontrolled by Red Skull
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 06-15-2020 at 01:45 AM.

MCU Wanda was struggling with the fodders Proxima Midnight and Corvus (PIS involved or not) and when Proxima took her by surprise with a punch as well.

The only times she looked really powerful was when she put down Vision and when she fought Thanos, which i'm very grateful for scenes like this.

It's not bad to have powerful characters, I don't see people criticizing Dr. Strange or Thor for being so powerful or not interesting for being so strong.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 06-15-2020 at 01:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    No, Wanda only taps into her Chaos Magic when she wants to warp large areas or something that needs more effort

Base Wanda still able to warp reality in a low scale since we saw her warp several civilians and a giant monster in Jean Grey #7 (She turned them into tetris blocks), she also warped a Phoenix Powered Namor and Attempted to warp Hope Summers who was copying her powers, also their fight was putting the Earth at risk and the surface of the earth was turning into tetris blocks

The same way she created horde of Vision androids from norwhere during AXIS

So yeah, Wanda can warp reality, especially if she is Bloodlusted/Morals Off since controlling Chaos Magic is in her powerset and she can tap into it whenever she wants (don't confund this with the Life Force)

For example during AXIS she warped a large area into a Nazi Nightmare when she was being mindcontrolled by Red Skull
    From my understanding, Chaos Magic is more like a tool that chew up energy, not the energy itself, also she technically can always warp reality, just on different scale depending on how much energy she can gain access to.

From my understanding, Chaos Magic is more like a tool that chew up energy, not the energy itself, also she technically can always warp reality, just on different scale depending on how much energy she can gain access to.
    You might be right at Chaos Magic being just a tool than Energy itself.

I Re-read the issue and during AXIS Wanda didn't tap into any different source than her own Magic to warp a large area into Nazi Nightmare, she was just mindcontrolled not amped or tapping energy from a power source:

IMG_20200615_080028.jpg

So saying she can't warp reality without the Life Force or a source of power to tap in ins't true.
    Last edited by Cruelrain; 06-15-2020 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    MCU Wanda was struggling with the fodders Proxima Midnight and Corvus (PIS involved or not) and when Proxima took her by surprise with a punch as well.

The only times she looked really powerful was when she put down Vision and when she fought Thanos, which i'm very grateful for scenes like this.

It's not bad to have powerful characters, I don't see people criticizing Dr. Strange or Thor for being so powerful or not interesting for being so strong.
    Bad communication on my part AGAIN. Sorry. What I meant to say is that it's good for Wanda to be strong, but not all-powerful and omnipotent. I don't mean this for Wanda, but for all superheroes. I think supervillains should almost always be STRONGER than their hero counterparts. It makes defeating the baddies all the more worthwhile if the good guys sometimes get defeated along the way. Dr. Strange was tortured pretty badly in Infinity War and Thor lost an eye in Ragnarok. So they had their struggles, but that made them more compelling in my opinion.

I highly recommend Kurt Busiek's Avengers, Wanda's a key person in his storylines and provided valuable insight not how her powers work.
    Thanks man. I appreciate the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    Right now Blade, Moon Knight, and Ghost Rider are only meant for Disney+ shows so we'll see if they become popular enough to make the jump onto the big screen. I guess the reaction to A-Force will be similar to the reaction to that scene at the end of Endgame when all the female characters come together. It seems like most people love that although it did have its detractors. I like humor in the MCU but not every character needs to be whipping out wisecracks for their every line, such as Wanda who has never been a very humorous character. And Vision especially isn't that type of hero. You don't have to apologize about the influence of the Scarlet Witch solo series in the MCU. I haven't read too much of Strange in the comics but I think the MCU version especially did draw on the popularity of Tony Stark to shape his personality.
    Yeah, I think you're right. Blade, Moon Knight and Ghost Rider are basically anti-heroes with some horror elements to them. I don't know how Disney is going to make them PG-13 in the MCU. One way to do it is to get rid of the gore and make them funny. Which is basically the Marvel formula these days. I like the Disney+ format best because you can tell in-depth stories in more of longform and continuous format. With movies and their sequels, breaks between them just chop things up in my opinion. The A-Force stuff definitely sounds interesting. I never heard of them before until recently. I'm just hoping if they do it they have a good story to base it on and not just because they want to send a superficial message about "girl power". I think Feige can pull it off though if he wants to go in that direction. I actually don't mind Vision and Wanda being funny in the MCU. As I stated before, I have read several comments online that they are one of the most "boring" couples in the MCU. I disagree with that sentiment. It's just that they're more serious and didn't really have time to banter during their time in the movies. From what I hear, Vis and Wanda in their new series will be doing plenty of "bantering", which is cool because it will add new dimensions to their characters. And it will probably solidify them as the most important couple in the Marvel Universe, which I believe they are. I'm looking forward to the first episode with the family having dinner. A part of me wants Ultron to crash the party as that "annoying father-in-law" to Wanda. He could start things off by asking where Tony is, and Wanda would say he's dead. Then Ultron would scream: YES! I'm kind of wondering who's going to be at that meal. I highly doubt that Disney would put Bova and Wonder Man there. Maybe Wanda's folks? Definitely Quicksilver and Agatha Harkness.

I'm glad Feige is such a big fan of Vision. Because a happy Vision usually means a happy Wanda. So I expect both of them to be great in their show. But I agree with you about Pietro. Despite what people on the Internet say, I don't think he's coming back in a meaningful way. The MCU has already got a couple of new speedsters joining it. So they need to give him some time in WandaVision in order for him to get the proper respect and send-off he deserves. We know that the Hulk and possibly characters like War Machine can get chances to shine later on. I think this show is it for Vision and Quicksilver. I believe the MCU has a lot riding on Strange. He's going to become the face of the franchise for a while after Thor and Loki depart from the scene.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-16-2020 at 08:40 AM.

Yeah, I remember Mephisto had Master Pandemonium to do his bidding there. That panel with Master Pandemonium's hands being the twins was one of the most fucked up ones I have ever seen. It was truly sick. I didn't know Mephisto is in so much demand when it comes to superhero breakups. What's the going rate for divorce lawyers in the Marvel Universe? Are only billionaires like Tony Stark able to afford them that these other heroes have to resort to getting Mephisto to annul their marriages? Or maybe Wanda, Parker and Stephen were just cheap...
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-16-2020 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Mephisto is a terrible character (if you can even call him that, he's more of a living MacGuffin), who Marvel these days through out to make deals with stupid heroes. I would be delighted if he never appears in the MCU
    If Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider are joining the MCU, doesn't Mephisto kind of HAVE to show up somewhere? I mean, I'm not a huge comic book reader, but even I know that Mephisto is really important in the origin stories of Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider. Do you think they could eliminate Mephisto playing a part in their origins in a realistic manner that's true to the comic books?
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-16-2020 at 08:07 AM.

If Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider are joining the MCU, doesn't Mephisto kind of HAVE to show up somewhere? I mean, I'm not a huge comic book reader, but even I know that Mephisto is really important in the origin stories of Doctor Doom, Silver Surfer and Ghost Rider. Do you think they could eliminate Mephisto playing a part in their origins in a realistic manner that's true to the comic books?
    Those were all retcons, Mephisto wasn't involved in any of their original origins, so they can easily remove Mephisto.