Page 97 of 271 FirstFirst ... 478793949596979899100101107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 4051

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Thanos and his troops cheated in Endgame. That was not fair and not cool. But villains gotta do what it takes to win. I was just saying that after Thanos rewound time in Infinity War, I think Wanda should have done more than just physically "lunge" at him. She could never win in physical brawl with Thanos. So he just easily swatted her aside. I was thinking maybe she was exhausted after destroying the Mind Stone because it looked like Thanos was getting stronger again. Game over. I thought the Russos should have let her use "mind control" on Thanos at that point. If she put him to sleep with dreams of conquest, half the universe would have been just fine. Wanda would have been the undisputed Queen of the MCU. I guess the Russos really hated what Whedon did with Wanda that they decided to get rid of one of her coolest powers in the Age of Ultron. But if Thanos hadn't KO'd Wanda, we would have not gotten Endgame.
    I do agree that I would have liked for Wanda to have done more after Thanos rewound time but I can understand she was in shock and not in her right mind. Also from a story point of view, had she acted fast enough, she would have beaten him and the movie would be over with no need for Endgame. I think the Russos have ignored her mind control powers overall since she hasn't used them since Age of Ultron like you said which I'm okay with because they weren't part of her original abilities anyway. It made her too much like Jean Grey 2.0 if she was both telekinetic and telepathic.

Quote Originally Posted by whitecrown View Post
    I always heard Gamora is the deadliest woman in the galaxy in the comics but my only experience with her was from the MCU so I definitely didn't feel that way towards her. And yeah, I didn't like the MCU Mantis at all. They gave her the most passive powerset there is and a personality to match even though the original Mantis was named that because all men were prey for her due to her superior skills.
    Mantis was clearly a very sensitive, soft-spoken, meek little girl in the MCU movies. I think Marvel went OVERBOARD in making her a softy. I'm glad she wasn't a typical badass, but I think making her a marshmallow was a bit problematic. I've heard of Gamora's legendary fighting skills, but I thought she was pretty tough. Not overwhelmingly strong, but good enough to hold her own. If they made her too strong, it probably would have made the other Guardians look bad. From what I hear, Drax fans were not thrilled that he basically became a bit of a joke as the movies went on.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-18-2020 at 05:15 PM.

I really like the new origin for Vision in the MCU especially since I didn't think it would work as well without Hank Pym. I also liked the take on Ultron even if I know he was disliked heavily by comic book fans. Bruce and Nat didn't bother me too much as a couple but I'd much rather have that time devoted to something else since I wasn't rooting for them either. I've never been a Hulk fan so Betty doesn't interest me much but that could change if they do something convincing with her for once. The lack of Professor Hulk or a full-fledged Hulk film weren't things I had issues with either. I wonder who they will cast as Wanda's parents though for the MCU. I'd laugh if they bring in Michael Fassbender.
    I liked the Hulk before the MCU started, but I grew more fond of him because of his friendship with Tony. I just loved the Iron Man and Hulk bromance. Like you said, it was different in the comics. I just thought if Captain America, Iron Man and Thor got their chances to be bosses, dudes like the Vision, the Hulk and Drax should get them too. Because I'm pretty sure they were not weaklings in the comics. I agree Betty COULD have potential to be a great character, but NOT if she's ANOTHER damsel in distress again. I prefer the MCU origin for Vision too. If they had done the whole I'm a slave of Ultron and then I join the Avengers, it would have been the same origin story as the Maximoff twins. And I was telling GenericUsername and leokearon, that I LIKED how they basically used Jarvis's personality to base Vision's personality on. It definitely made him like a robotic version of Cary Grant, WHICH I LIKE. So if Wanda ever travelled back in time she would have fallen in love with Edwin Jarvis and NOT Simon Williams! I actually think it would be hilarious if Bob Saget showed up as Wanda's Daddy.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-18-2020 at 05:28 PM.

I liked the Hulk before the MCU started, but I grew more fond of him because of his friendship with Tony. I just loved the Iron Man and Hulk bromance. Like you said, it was different in the comics. I just thought if Captain America, Iron Man and Thor got their chances to be bosses, dudes like the Vision, the Hulk and Drax should get them too. Because I'm pretty sure they were not weaklings in the comics. I agree Betty COULD have potential to be a great character, but NOT if she's ANOTHER damsel in distress again. I actually think it would be hilarious if Bob Saget showed up as Wanda's Daddy.
    I know you like the science characters so it must have been a dream come true to see Tony and Bruce in Age of Ultron together like that. Honestly, I have little interest in Hulk but I like Bruce a lot especially MCU Bruce for the same reasons you listed such as his dynamic with Tony. I know Drax is a lot weaker in the MCU than the comics so I'm not surprised he didn't get a moment like that. A bit surprised that Hulk was thrown aside so easily but I'm not complaining too much since Wanda and Carol got their moments to shine. Vision seemed like a character who only Whedon was interested in and writers after Age of Ultron had no idea what to do with. I'm glad that is finally being remedied with Wanda/Vision even if I fear that'll be his last time in the MCU. I would be afraid it would hurt Wanda if her main relationships in the MCU (Pietro and Vision) are both dead but at least Doctor Strange is going to forge some sort of connection with her and he's even more high-profile. Has Bob Saget played a character connected to Wanda?

On Twitter, a verified account that has to do with Funko just confirmed that a Funko for Scarlet Witch is coming on december, many people think it's Endgame Scarlet Witch because usually Funko pops are out three months before the movie or series etc.

I do agree that I would have liked for Wanda to have done more after Thanos rewound time but I can understand she was in shock and not in her right mind. Also from a story point of view, had she acted fast enough, she would have beaten him and the movie would be over with no need for Endgame. I think the Russos have ignored her mind control powers overall since she hasn't used them since Age of Ultron like you said which I'm okay with because they weren't part of her original abilities anyway. It made her too much like Jean Grey 2.0 if she was both telekinetic and telepathic.
    Yeah, you're probably right. If they introduce Jean Grey later, I don't want her compared to Wanda unfairly. I'm not even sure if they will introduce Jean Grey. I mean, isn't she basically known for the whole Dark Phoenix Saga? The movies can never seem to get that story right. Maybe the MCU will just forget about it. I do hope they don't portray Cyclops as a total lightweight again like he was in the Fox movies. I'd rather have him be a dick than have no charisma at all.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-18-2020 at 05:51 PM.

I know you like the science characters so it must have been a dream come true to see Tony and Bruce in Age of Ultron together like that. Honestly, I have little interest in Hulk but I like Bruce a lot especially MCU Bruce for the same reasons you listed such as his dynamic with Tony. I know Drax is a lot weaker in the MCU than the comics so I'm not surprised he didn't get a moment like that. A bit surprised that Hulk was thrown aside so easily but I'm not complaining too much since Wanda and Carol got their moments to shine. Vision seemed like a character who only Whedon was interested in and writers after Age of Ultron had no idea what to do with. I'm glad that is finally being remedied with Wanda/Vision even if I fear that'll be his last time in the MCU. I would be afraid it would hurt Wanda if her main relationships in the MCU (Pietro and Vision) are both dead but at least Doctor Strange is going to forge some sort of connection with her and he's even more high-profile. Has Bob Saget played a character connected to Wanda?
    Oh yeah, I like Bruce a lot too. I think they just damaged his character by linking him with Natasha. That was weird. I'm happy Wanda and Carol got their moments too. I do think Hulk got his in Endgame with the snap. And surprisingly Ant-Man played a pretty big role too in that movie. Even Hawkeye contributed to the Avengers' victory. Vision basically just died a lot in Infinity War. So I'm hoping he does something in WandaVision. I was joking about Bob Saget because he played the Olsen twins' father in Full House: Danny Tanner. It would be funny if he was the "father" to their sister Lizzie in WandaVision. You know what's funny, Mcfeely and Markus and the Russo brothers do seem to LIKE the Vision in their interviews. But I agree, they just didn't know what to do with him in terms of fighting. So they worked on his relationship with Wanda. Which I liked. And it's paying off now in WandaVision. I guess after WandaVision, she'll be closer to Strange's mystical team and probably with the remaining Avengers (particularly the female ones). I can see her palling around with Agatha Harkness. I suppose she'll probably be close to Wiccan and Speed too?
    Last edited by Albert1981; 06-18-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Yeah, you're probably right. If they introduce Jean Grey later, I don't want her compared to Wanda unfairly. I'm not even sure if they will introduce Jean Grey. I mean, isn't she basically known for the whole Dark Phoenix Saga? The movies can never seem to get that story right. Maybe the MCU will just forget about it. I do hope they don't portray Cyclops as a total lightweight again like he was in the Fox movies. I'd rather have him be a dick than have no charisma at all.
    She's too important to the X-Men not to include with or without the Phoenix storyline especially since she's the most prominent X-Woman besides Storm. And reports of the MCU X-Men include Jean as of now. To be fair some people felt FoX-Men Cyclops already was a dick while having no charisma so the two are not mutually exclusive. He's tainted goods imo since it's his character that literally said Wanda needs to be burnt for his crimes so I hope he rots in obscurity in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    On Twitter, a verified account that has to do with Funko just confirmed that a Funko for Scarlet Witch is coming on december, many people think it's Endgame Scarlet Witch because usually Funko pops are out three months before the movie or series etc.
    Oh I hope so. I hope we get plenty of Wanda/Vision merch as well besides just the TPB reprints.

Oh yeah, I like Bruce a lot too. I think they just damaged his character by linking him with Natasha. That was weird. I'm happy Wanda and Carol got their moments too. I do think Hulk got his in Endgame with the snap. And surprisingly Ant-Man played a pretty big role too in that movie. Even Hawkeye contributed to the Avengers' victory. Vision basically just died a lot in Infinity War. So I'm hoping he does something in WandaVision. I was joking about Bob Saget because he played the Olsen twins' father in Full House: Danny Tanner. It would be funny if he was the "father" to their sister Lizzie in WandaVision. You know what's funny, Mcfeely and Markus and the Russo brothers do seem to LIKE the Vision in their interviews. But I agree, they just didn't know what to do with him in terms of fighting. So they worked on his relationship with Wanda. Which I liked. And it's paying off now in WandaVision. I guess after WandaVision, she'll be closer to Strange's mystical team and probably with the remaining Avengers (particularly the female ones). I can see her palling around with Agatha Harkness. I suppose she'll probably be close to Wiccan and Speed too?
    Yeah the Nat relationship was not well received at all. It's kinda said that Vision's most lasting contribution to the MCU was dying but Wanda/Vision ought to change that. Oh I forgot about Bob Saget's connection to the Olsen twins which thus connects him to Elizabeth Olsen. I hope Wanda gets some moments with Carol Danvers at least from the female Avengers, especially since they were friends in the comics and we have little to no female friendships in the MCU right now. Clea would be a good contender as well if she's introduced although I hope there's no love triangle between her and Strange. I have no idea if they'll introduce Wiccan and Speed while Wanda is still around.

She's too important to the X-Men not to include with or without the Phoenix storyline especially since she's the most prominent X-Woman besides Storm. And reports of the MCU X-Men include Jean as of now. To be fair some people felt FoX-Men Cyclops already was a dick while having no charisma so the two are not mutually exclusive. He's tainted goods imo since it's his character that literally said Wanda needs to be burnt for his crimes so I hope he rots in obscurity in the MCU.
    Wow! I didn't know that Cyclops was a jerk as well as a dick. I don't remember him interacting much with Wanda back in the day, so this is news to me. If Jean is so important, she has to show up somewhere. I'm actually curious about how Marvel Studios continues with their casting. I know that more directors, actors, actresses and writers want to work with the MCU now that it is so successful. But I hope Marvel maintains its tradition of casting people who are NOT A-list superstars as well as Hollywood leading lights. I like seeing new faces on screens and some of my favorite Marvel characters were not really famous and/or in vogue when they joined the team. I'm curious if they will hire a "no-name" actress to portray Jean Grey. It's time for a fresh look for the character!

Yeah the Nat relationship was not well received at all. It's kinda said that Vision's most lasting contribution to the MCU was dying but Wanda/Vision ought to change that. Oh I forgot about Bob Saget's connection to the Olsen twins which thus connects him to Elizabeth Olsen. I hope Wanda gets some moments with Carol Danvers at least from the female Avengers, especially since they were friends in the comics and we have little to no female friendships in the MCU right now. Clea would be a good contender as well if she's introduced although I hope there's no love triangle between her and Strange. I have no idea if they'll introduce Wiccan and Speed while Wanda is still around.
    I would hate to see a love triangle in the MCU. They're really boring and tedious. I think the Logan/Cyclops/Jean Grey thing has gone on for FAR too long. I want Clea and Wanda to be friends, not rivals. We'll see if Wiccan and Speed will be present in the MCU while Wanda is there as well. It'll definitely be a bummer if Vision and Quicksilver aren't there to keep the Scarlet Witch company. She really gains a lot from those relationships.

Wow! I didn't know that Cyclops was a jerk as well as a dick. I don't remember him interacting much with Wanda back in the day, so this is news to me. If Jean is so important, she has to show up somewhere. I'm actually curious about how Marvel Studios continues with their casting. I know that more directors, actors, actresses and writers want to work with the MCU now that it is so successful. But I hope Marvel maintains its tradition of casting people who are NOT A-list superstars as well as Hollywood leading lights. I like seeing new faces on screens and some of my favorite Marvel characters were not really famous and/or in vogue when they joined the team. I'm curious if they will hire a "no-name" actress to portray Jean Grey. It's time for a fresh look for the character!

The infamous line is here. There's plenty more where he calls her actions unforgivable and threatens to kill her. I used to be a Cyclops fan way back in the day but I haven't been one at all for the last decade or so. And honestly most of the rot in the X-Books (both the fans and the writers) are because of Cyclops. The fans idolized him as a white savior like the Joker film and claimed he was completely right in everything he did against "the establishment" meaning the Avengers, the Fantastic Four, etc. And the writers lived vicariously through him so the comics were really the Cyclops and the X-Men show. IMO, Cyclops fans are the most rabid and vindictive to Wanda. Avoid them like the plague. This is not the same boy scout Cyclops from the 90s animated series but Magneto 2.0 and apparently that's supposed to be a good thing and they'll call literally any other character a terrorist except for him.

I'm fine with no-name actors being picked although there's a couple of A-Listers as well I'd like to see. Such as Saoirse Ronan. She auditioned for Rey in Star Wars and her character has a lot in common with Jean. For that matter, I think Elizabeth auditioned for Rey as well if I'm correct.

I would hate to see a love triangle in the MCU. They're really boring and tedious. I think the Logan/Cyclops/Jean Grey thing has gone on for FAR too long. I want Clea and Wanda to be friends, not rivals. We'll see if Wiccan and Speed will be present in the MCU while Wanda is there as well. It'll definitely be a bummer if Vision and Quicksilver aren't there to keep the Scarlet Witch company. She really gains a lot from those relationships.
    I'm surprised we haven't had a love triangle yet but I would like it to stay that way. I hope Clea and Wanda aren't pitted against each other. The lack of Vision and Pietro is one of the reasons I wouldn't mind if Simon was introduced especially since for events like House of M, Children's Crusade and Uncanny Avengers, when Wanda was unfairly demonized by the X-Men, Simon was always there to defend her unlike Vision. Which is understandable for House of M but Vision treated her really badly afterwards and always pulled away from her. At least Simon has always been there for her so that did make me start to like him.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    I thought they married in Limbo, must be due to Immortus being there
    Immortus officiated, but it was at the Temple of Pama in Vietnam.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!