Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

It does feel like what should have been the start of a big push became a terrible liability. If Kevin Feige has stopped Joss Whedon from killing Pietro off in AoU, maybe Pietro wouldn’t have dropped into limbo completely. Instead, Whedon did kill him off as he always planned from the start, and no one higher up objected. Combined with being a big hit in X-Men, at a time when the X-Men were in poor favor with Marvel, there was no compelling reason to keep him around. Hell, the only reason Quicksilver: No Surrender happened at all was due to the Lady Alana Smith, blessed be her name, being both the assistant editor under Tom Brevoort and a huge Quicksilver fan. May her Quicksilver Everywhere Agenda be fruitful when peace at last returns to the land, because his last appearance was, well-

E68CEBA6-D2A3-4A08-885F-3485068636EC.jpg

Sadly, that may be his best costume this century.

Anyhow, the dispiriting moral of the story is that it pays to be the fave of those in charge, especially now when a comic book character can be made or broken by an appearance in movies. Thor and Loki were C-list until the MCU, and now they’re legitimate A-list. Baldur was never mentioned in the MCU, and I have no idea where he is supposed to be now in the comics. Live by Synergy, Die by Synergy, indeed.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 04-28-2020 at 08:06 PM.

Evan Peters Wandavision; return quicksivler or not; Mephisto??; quicksilver222222222 or maybe speed

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/ex...davision-role/
    Last edited by juan678; 06-01-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Last edited by juan678; 06-01-2020 at 12:42 PM.

Hahah. Will the real Pietro ("Peter") / Quicksilver please sit down!

First, thank you Juan! As always, you keep us all in the loop. Seriously, you’re a treasure.

Secondly, it does seem like the case of one too many Quicksilvers for Disney’s taste. They may be taking Evan Peters’ phenomenal popularity into account in how they proceed with the re-introducing Pietro into the MCU now that Disney has all his rights again. If one wants to push it further, this might even be an indication of how Disney will incorporate the X-Men movies into the MCU. Instead of competing and hoping people will forget all about them, Disney may just fold them in similar to James Jonah Jameson at the end of Spider-Man: Far From Home. If that’s the case, I wonder if that will include the old or younger cast, or a mix and match with some actual whole cloth replacements for anyone they deem ‘too old’ or ‘too expensive’.

In Pietro’s case, does that mean Peters will be replacing Aaron-Taylor Johnson completely going forward, a brief cameo as a one of many possible Quicksilvers, or what? I have to say, if choosing who to play the definitive Quicksilver for the MCU, I would prefer the Jewish actor to play the Jewish character. Not shoved aside to make room for a non-Jewish actor. Especially as they seem to be reversing the Axis retcon and therefore restoring Pietro’s heritage.

I should be thrilled at the slightest hint that the MCU will be effectively overturning the Axis retcon after being the reason it was created in the first place. But the idea of a Jewish actor losing work to a gentile one to portray a Jewish character is actually upsetting.

Pietro isn't even Jewish anymore. And Magneto being his parent was a retcon and Magneto being Jewish was retconned soon after that. I don't remember Pietro every even acknowledging or identifying as being Jewish and same as Wanda. Both identified as Romani which goes along with their current origin right now anyway.

art by Teal Bandit thanks teapartyofthedead

https://teal-bandit.tumblr.com/image/621884338912542720

Hi Juan! Thanks for posting, as always. ❤️ I see Teal Bandit and Quicksilverfans have given us some wonderful art. In this era’s dearth of content, it’s a water in the desert. Luna is making my skin clear up as we speak.

Right now, there are folk on tumblr who are celebrating Quicksilver with a week of fan content. I highly suggest checking it out.

Last edited by juan678; 06-28-2020 at 05:13 PM.

What is his current status? Is he considered a mutant or not? I haven’t kept up with the character since the last time he was in Uncanny Avengers, and right now I think his past is a mess. I never really cared much about losing Wanda as a mutant or as one of Magnetos children, but Pietro is another story. It would be great to have him in the current DofX storyline, especially butting heads with Erick.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    What is his current status? Is he considered a mutant or not? I haven’t kept up with the character since the last time he was in Uncanny Avengers, and right now I think his past is a mess. I never really cared much about losing Wanda as a mutant or as one of Magnetos children, but Pietro is another story. It would be great to have him in the current DofX storyline, especially butting heads with Erick.
    As of his last mini, Quicksilver: No Surrender, he is the son of Django and Marya Maximoff, who (along with Wanda) was kidnapped by the High Evolutionary as an infant to be experimented on. Then returned when the experiments seemingly failed. Everyone thought they were mutants, including every doctor they’ve ever seen and whoever programs the sentinels’ scanners. But everyone was wrong. Including the Scarlet Witch mini, I guess. It hasn’t been bought up since.

For our part, we’re ignoring it until his status as a mutant and the son of Magneto is restored. I think Wanda does make more sense as a witch, but I don’t want to lose her as a member of the family. Pietro can be the twin who inherited the x gene from Magneto, and Wanda has witchcraft from her mother or Chthon, if that part of the story can ever be decided on too. It respects the lore that is most important to them without forcing the other to give up parts of their identity.

In terms of what kind of role Pietro can play, I think a team member of Marauders would be best. Normally I would say X-Factor, but that could be stepping on Northstar’s moment to shine, and people accuse them enough of being too similar already. Otherwise, seeing Pietro back on a team with Lorna would be a treat. In either scenario, seeing him strength his ties to his fellow mutants and use his experience as an Avenger to help them navigate diplomatic relations could lead to good stories. This is someone who has gone from being an Evil Mutant to an Avenger, then consort to an Inhuman princess and an officer in their military, to being on X-Factor and then Magneto’s Genoshan cabinet. That’s quite a resume, and the insight from such a background could be invaluable.

I would actually like to see him bury the hatchet with his father, and work out their toxic dynamic. It’s not the the 90s where Magneto has to become a villain on editor’s orders while Pietro was being pushed as a hero, nor is it the 00s when Magneto was on the main team and Pietro was a villain after HoM. In fact, if Pietro did accept Krakoa’s amnesty and it’s laws, then for the first time, they’re both being presumed to be on the side of the heroes, or at least on the side of Krakoa and mutantkind. That’s not to say they would agree on everything, but be able to agree at all and disagree without trying to kill each other. Seeing them slowly learn how to be father and son when they’re not on separate opposing factions or moving at different goals would be a refreshing change. A dynamic like Christos Gage had for them in Civil War: House of M, where they will debate and disagree but ultimately from a place of respect and affection. We know from Age of X that Max misses the twins, and that Pietro still cares about Magneto enough to save him from one of his time demons. Let’s see them let down their guard enough to admit that, and to build a relationship together. Seeing them engage in gentle back and forth sassing or in Statler and Waldorf like commentary on life on Krakoa would be delightful. If Luna came to visit or live there with them, then I have everything I need to move on to the next life.

That fan art is gorgeous. Thank your for sharing, Juan.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 06-29-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

art by Teal Bandit thanks teapartyofthedead

https://teal-bandit.tumblr.com/image/621884338912542720
    I would love to see the family back together.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Our boy had a brief showing in Empyre #1.

spoilers:
    The Avengers are sending teams to Cotati landing areas. Quicksilver, Mockingbird, and Wonder Man are sent to Mexico. He runs ahead of Mockingbird and Wonder Man in their car, telling them to keep up, and of course, they comment that they didn’t miss him because he’s a jerk. This is then followed up by the usual cop out to speedsters: Pietro some how being slow enough to be tagged by giant pollen, a spear, and taser guns, so they can show why Pietro doesn’t just solve everything himself in the blink of an eye. Both he and Mockingbird are down for the count, while Simon tries to keep fighting. We find out their fate next issue, hopefully.

I’m not surprised. Zub did the same thing to him in Uncanny Avengers and Secret Empire: Underground. Instead of seeing his powers as an asset, he writes Pietro as much dumber and slower than he actually is. At this point, I wish he would either step up his writing game, or just not bother at all. But maybe that’s not fair, since writing speedsters is notoriously difficult.

I just hope he gets quickly pulled into the x-side of this event before too long. At least zombies vs plants vs old ladies is interesting.
    end of spoilers