Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Then Scott would just nod and say Yes, **** the Avengers
    Pietro: But I have yet to say what they did
    Scott: Solidarity!, do you want to come to the next summer family get together?
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-15-2020 at 10:00 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

I always thought that there was missed potential in a friendship between Scott and Pietro. They were both arguing about the possibilities of a mutant homeland as a solution to mutant oppression in their earliest appearances.

7F05DFDC-018A-4060-AB02-89B5C6E73ADB.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Hi, ARkadelphia! Sorry it’s taken me so long to get back to you. Real life has been very full, to say the least.

First up, both the Fantastic Four #131 and #240 can be found in Fantastic Four Vol 1.

Fatal Attractions and Magneto Rex were collected. Pietro was in both the X-Factor issue, #92, as well as X-Men #25. In the first, X-Factor is investigating attacks by the Acolytes on a human hospice, which leads to a big fight between the groups. Fabian Cortez offers Pietro leadership of the Acolytes due to his status as Magneto’s heir, the Magnusson. (I prefer Son of M as a title, personally. Much snappier sounding.) Pietro tells him to **** right off. He layers joins the team that confronts Magneto at Avalon. It was Magneto attacking Pietro that leads Wolverine to making a tactical error (besides being anywhere near Magneto that is), which leads into the infamous ending.

Quick and the Dead was a one shot during the Madrox era, and it’s where he rather inexplicably regains his powers. Ultimate Captain Marvel, that’s where you would look. The 2014 X-Factor, led by Polaris, was collected into three volumes.

I should update the OP with all this info. Hopefully, this will make it easier for people to find the issues.
    Just saw this for the first time. Thank you very much!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

279C3B70-1060-4DA3-A579-37C82977F396.jpg

So that answers that question.

Astonishing Member

I wonder where he is in Hickman's world,to make it interesting I want him to be one of the mutants who doesn't want to be on Krakoa living in his Father's shadow,he wants to do his own thing.Maybe even fancies the adoration of the Order of X cult or some humans who would pay him to fight some personal turf wars.

What title is Jim Zub doing? I want to know because I miss Pietro derly, is he doing the Avengers title for EMPYRE?
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-22-2020 at 01:23 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

EMPYRE: AVENGERS #1 (of 3)
    Jim Zub (W) • Carlos Magno (A) • COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    With the threat from the stars now reaching Earth, Captain America sends out the call for heroes to meet its advance across the globe! But in the far–off Antarctic Savage Land, Ka–Zar and the Agents of Wakanda have located an enemy offensive that could change the course of the conflict! Which Avengers will answer the call to this remote area and will they be able to cope with the strangeness they find there?
    32 pages/Rated T …$3.99

EMPYRE: AVENGERS #2 (of 3)
    Jim Zub (W) • Carlos Magno (A) • COVER BY PAUL RENAUD
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Earth’s Mightiest Heroes fight an intergalactic foe on three fronts! In New York, a villain from the past has been super charged with alien energy. In Mexico, old hatreds turn allies into enemies. And in the Savage Land, the soul of the jungle has been stolen and Shanna the She-Devil’s life hangs in the balance. It’s mystery, magic and mayhem, in the Mighty Marvel Manner!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    EMPYRE: AVENGERS #1 (of 3)
    Jim Zub (W) • Carlos Magno (A) • COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    With the threat from the stars now reaching Earth, Captain America sends out the call for heroes to meet its advance across the globe! But in the far–off Antarctic Savage Land, Ka–Zar and the Agents of Wakanda have located an enemy offensive that could change the course of the conflict! Which Avengers will answer the call to this remote area and will they be able to cope with the strangeness they find there?
    32 pages/Rated T …$3.99

EMPYRE: AVENGERS #2 (of 3)
    Jim Zub (W) • Carlos Magno (A) • COVER BY PAUL RENAUD
    VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    Earth’s Mightiest Heroes fight an intergalactic foe on three fronts! In New York, a villain from the past has been super charged with alien energy. In Mexico, old hatreds turn allies into enemies. And in the Savage Land, the soul of the jungle has been stolen and Shanna the She-Devil’s life hangs in the balance. It’s mystery, magic and mayhem, in the Mighty Marvel Manner!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Thank you Juan

Yes, a title with Wanda and Pietro together again.

It looks like it. Hopes they will have a good showing, and run into Magneto like you suggested earlier. I would love to see them having to work together again, and fighting by each other’s side.

Yes even with the retcon them all having to work together again during a crisis greater than their past is something that I wish to see soon in Empyre or in another event. The mere existence of Krakoa and the change in the mutant community would be a subject that would interest the twins enough to ask Magneto about it imo and if they meet in Genosha, even better.

Marvel just published an article on the past X-Factor teams, and they talk about Pietro’s past involvement. It’s always nice when Marvel doesn’t try to obscure or ignore his mutant heritage. If only he could at least make a cameo on the upcoming XF, if only to say hello to Lorna.

CBR ran an article about undervalued characters on the Avengers, and Pietro was the first one up. I have to agree, the Avengers both as a team and a franchise has never seem to invest the time and interest in him the way the X-Men did. X-Factor in particular must be noted for being the first to actually consider his powers and the way it would influence his world view.

Lastly, here’s some cute fan art of Pietro feeding Mr. Dibbles drawn by lintushadow-art of Tumblr.

B94B07DA-3FA9-4AD7-827F-BA4A16FD2119.jpg

Extraordinary Member

I think most everyone can agree that the MCU version is more like the comic book character, though.

Funny that as recently as 2014 it looked like Quicksilver was the luckiest character in the world, since he appeared in two movies, making a huge hit in "Days of Future Past" and getting people all hyped up with his cameo MCU appearance.

Then he was instantly killed and forgotten in the MCU and the Fox producers had no idea what to do with him after that one great scene.

Poor Pietro, even when he wins he loses.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    I think most everyone can agree that the MCU version is more like the comic book character, though.

Funny that as recently as 2014 it looked like Quicksilver was the luckiest character in the world, since he appeared in two movies, making a huge hit in "Days of Future Past" and getting people all hyped up with his cameo MCU appearance.

Then he was instantly killed and forgotten in the MCU and the Fox producers had no idea what to do with him after that one great scene.

Poor Pietro, even when he wins he loses.
    Seems like the comics have forgotten about him too .

Extraordinary Member

You notice that 2014-15 was pretty much the last time Pietro got a big push in the comics, being in All-New X-Factor, the Uncanny Avengers arc, the team in Rage of Ultron (which was originally intended to lead into a Remender Avengers run) and then as part of the team on Uncanny Avengers with that stupid shirt. And then the MCU version got killed and they instantly seemed to lose interest in him. Live by synergy, die by synergy, I guess.