Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImperiusWrecked View Post
    Has anyone seen Quicksilver since his solo? I want to catch up on his comics but can't seem to find him in anything lately. What's happened to him?
    Basically what the rest said. It could be due to the comics division waiting to see what’s going to happen on WandaVision and Doctor Strange before they proceed, or they could just be keeping him trapped in Limbo as the Avengers office is wont to do instead of just giving him back to the X-office already.

Oh, and then there’s this

61F48CD9-DCFB-4D9E-AD2A-9DCBC7CF6EB8.jpg

I have no idea if he’s going to show up in it, or is just on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    In House of M, Quicksilver lost his powers. There was a miniseries after it where the Inhumans receive him, and he sneaks into terrigen crystals chamber to regain his powers, but he got a new one instead (something about jumping to the future and then back). In "Silent War", he still had those powers. But in Mighty Avengers he's back to the usual super speed, and the new power is gone. What did I miss?
    You missed the X-Factor one shot by Peter David, The Quick and the Dead. I can’t say it really clears much up, but you do see him becoming really fast again instead of only time jumping and crystal huffing.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 01-14-2020 at 06:40 PM.

I like and prefer Pietro with his super-speed powers. Pietro is Quicksilver!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Basically what the rest said. It could be due to the comics division waiting to see what’s going to happen on WandaVision and Doctor Strange before they proceed, or they could just be keeping him trapped in Limbo as the Avengers office is wont to do instead of just giving him back to the X-office already.

Oh, and then there’s this

61F48CD9-DCFB-4D9E-AD2A-9DCBC7CF6EB8.jpg

I have no idea if he’s going to show up in it, or is just on the cover.

You missed the X-Factor one shot by Peter David, The Quick and the Dead. I can’t say it really clears much up, but you do see him becoming really fast again instead of only time jumping and crystal huffing.
    A side effect of being dead in the MCU. Wanda is getting apareances in the magical said of Marvel but Pietro needs to find another place to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I like and prefer Pietro with his super-speed powers. Pietro is Quicksilver!
    I’m really keen on him being a time bender. It fits thematically with the rest of the family, as well as soothing the part of my brain that won’t stop pointing out he should be annihilated along with everything and everyone for miles the second he went Mach 1.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    A side effect of being dead in the MCU. Wanda is getting apareances in the magical said of Marvel but Pietro needs to find another place to stay.
    That’s just the problem. The place he did go whenever the Avengers office wasn’t using him was the X-teams. Now that’s been taken away from him along with his heritage because of the now defunct fued between Disney and Fox. It’s all up in the air what Pietro’s future holds. Will he be revived in WandaVision and/or Doctor Strange? Will his Jewish heritage and mutant identity be restored in the comics as well as the MCU? Will he still have Mister Dibbles at his side?!

I can only hope and wait.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    I’m really keen on him being a time bender. It fits thematically with the rest of the family, as well as soothing the part of my brain that won’t stop pointing out he should be annihilated along with everything and everyone for miles the second he went Mach 1.

That’s just the problem. The place he did go whenever the Avengers office wasn’t using him was the X-teams. Now that’s been taken away from him along with his heritage because of the now defunct fued between Disney and Fox. It’s all up in the air what Pietro’s future holds. Will he be revived in WandaVision and/or Doctor Strange? Will his Jewish heritage and mutant identity be restored in the comics as well as the MCU? Will he still have Mister Dibbles at his side?!

I can only hope and wait.
    Even if he was restored as mutant he couldn’t be used as part of Krakoa because he is the brother of Wanda. Also restore his “Jewisj identity “ means erase his Romani identity . I don’t that should be touched

Just because he’s Wanda’s brother doesn’t mean he shares the same relationship to mutantdom that she does. They don’t need to be joined at the hip to function as characters. Nor does acknowledging his Jewish identity mean erasing his Romani heritage. The Eisenhardt-Maximoff family is a multi-racial household.

There are Romani who are Jewish in faith but not typical for Roma from Serbia. Since he was raised by the Maximoffs in Serbia, he'd have traditional Roma beliefs, Muslim or both of those.

So he'd be genetically of descent if that were restored. But hasn't ever shown to practice Judaism.

I have my doubts they'd do that though. Because one of their reasons given for retconning the twins is they need to keep them young, and Mags rooted in WWII.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Extraordinary Member

Re Jewish heritage, Jews practice matrilineal descent, so if Magneto's wife wasn't Jewish then the twins wouldn't be considered Jewish either.

Fun fact: when Rick Remender wrote that dopey speech for Wanda in Uncanny Avengers #9 defending Alex's big mutant speech, he originally had someone ask Wanda about her "Jewish heritage," which Tom Brevoort vetoed on the sensible grounds that Wanda has never been shown to identify herself as Jewish. So it was changed to "Romani heritage" but they neglected to change her response referring to it as a "religion."

Marvel makes frequent flubs. They made Wanda pagan in religion, but that wouldn't be allowed under any circumstances under Romanipe. She'd have to become very separate from her people, and never be allowed back. Basically banished for good. But I think that's because they don't really understand what they are tackling in those situations. They are just trying their best with what they know. They need some consults for other belief systems.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Re Jewish heritage, Jews practice matrilineal descent, so if Magneto's wife wasn't Jewish then the twins wouldn't be considered Jewish either.

Fun fact: when Rick Remender wrote that dopey speech for Wanda in Uncanny Avengers #9 defending Alex's big mutant speech, he originally had someone ask Wanda about her "Jewish heritage," which Tom Brevoort vetoed on the sensible grounds that Wanda has never been shown to identify herself as Jewish. So it was changed to "Romani heritage" but they neglected to change her response referring to it as a "religion."
    Not all Jews believe that.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Not all Jews believe that.
    Ashkenazi Jews do, and that's Magneto's heritage. No Jewish mother means the kids are of mixed lineage but not actual Jews. The only exception for them would be if Magneto was observant and had them converted. (Some liberal communities would take school enrollment alone as proof of conversion, but that would only count for Pietro. Wanda would have to do a bunch of work.)
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Ashkenazi Jews do, and that's Magneto's heritage. No Jewish mother means the kids are of mixed lineage but not actual Jews. The only exception for them would be if Magneto was observant and had them converted. (Some liberal communities would take school enrollment alone as proof of conversion, but that would only count for Pietro. Wanda would have to do a bunch of work.)
    I wonder if Pietro would be inclined to convert? I seem to recall an Avengers story where Pietro was one of those mind controlled by some alien crusader because of how religious he was. Does anyone recall this comic, and the issue numbers? It would be interesting to see why it considered Pietro to be more religious than Wanda.

Also, as I fall asleep, a thought occurs: Pietro seduces Johnny Storm and Ronan the Accuser, and Crystal is left mad.
    Last edited by teapartyofthedead; 01-16-2020 at 11:58 PM.

You're thinking of Infinity Crusade. Pietro was recruited by the Goddess, but his exact faith isn't specified. In general the people she took were of strong religious or spiritual faith/or had a near-death/afterlife experience.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Pietro show up in Deadpool: The End this week. Briefly. Let’s hope he does have more relevance the next time he shows up in a comic. Also, the comic itself is fun and written by Joe Kelly. Further, Wanda shows up too, albeit different ‘endings’

CEE9782F-081A-4334-AF25-87676B790E29.jpg

"The law of victory is set!" - Sento Kiryu/Kamen Rider Build
    "I'll clear this even if it means using continues!" - Kuroto Dan/Kamen Rider Gemm
    "You've been warned. We're taking your treasure!" - Kairi Yano/Lupin Red

Join the fun of Earth-27
    https://earth27.fandom.com/wiki/Earth-27_Wiki