Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member teapartyofthedead's Avatar

Family Guy released a parody of Quicksilver’s Days of Future Past sequence as part of their sneak peek for season 19. This means, if you’re interested in watching it, you should be mindful it has typical FG slapstick with a little blood in it.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/amp/n...n-19-premiere/

It just amuses me that this scene has actually become iconic enough to be parodied. Or that he’s primarily thought of as a X-Men character.

fan art by lordxhris 13

Thanks for the share, Juan.

I wish Fox’s version had his arc wrapped up with Magneto. Now it will never happen, and I have been deprived forever of a resolution. On top of no sign of him returning to the MCU, and minimum use in the comics. Will these dark days for Quicksilver fandom ever end?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by teapartyofthedead View Post
    Thanks for the share, Juan.

I wish Fox’s version had his arc wrapped up with Magneto. Now it will never happen, and I have been deprived forever of a resolution. On top of no sign of him returning to the MCU, and minimum use in the comics. Will these dark days for Quicksilver fandom ever end?
    Technically haven’t we got hints he may possibly be in the MCU in WandaVision.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Technically haven’t we got hints he may possibly be in the MCU in WandaVision.
    Hi, sorry it took me a while to answer. I was trying to keep to my vow to concentrate on class first before fandom.

Right now, there’s only been speculation and hearsay. There have been rumors that a scene talking about a cool uncle was used in auditioning for Billy and Tommy, and Evan Peters getting a role on WV. Nothing concrete, though. As it is, Pietro is completely dead and never coming back.

In the comics, Zub was kind enough to have Pietro take out a pack of Skrull and Kree that were infighting in the blink of an eye. Mockingbird and Wonder Man thought it was impressive. There is no hint of where he will show up next.

In the meanwhile, here’s some fan art from from the ever brilliant teal-bandit of tumblr. It was part of last month’s Quicksilver week. This was ‘Circus AU’.

F6F58FF7-EEED-4A3D-B53A-3BF0174AE622.jpg

That audition tape was certainly very interesting to listen to. Sounded really authentic. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. One thing holds me back from confirming that Pietro will be back. And that's why the hell would the kids be talking about 9/11 in a Disney+ show?! That appears to me to be really mature and dark for such a family-friendly project. I do feel really bad for Quicksilver fans. Every Avenger seems to be getting their own shows and movies and that includes Nick Fury. I even think War Machine will get one soon. It's just that Pietro got caught up in studio politics and now he's been wasted. Maybe an appearance in WandaVision will "redeem" him?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    That audition tape was certainly very interesting to listen to. Sounded really authentic. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. One thing holds me back from confirming that Pietro will be back. And that's why the hell would the kids be talking about 9/11 in a Disney+ show?! That appears to me to be really mature and dark for such a family-friendly project. I do feel really bad for Quicksilver fans. Every Avenger seems to be getting their own shows and movies and that includes Nick Fury. I even think War Machine will get one soon. It's just that Pietro got caught up in studio politics and now he's been wasted. Maybe an appearance in WandaVision will "redeem" him?

Pietro was definitely the last person to benefit from the studio rivalry, or the buyout. Both depictions are missing key aspects of his character, like the Avengers version not being a mutant, the X-Men one not having a twin sister, and both not being Jewish or Romani. It would be wonderful if there was effort to do him justice. But I’m also still waiting on that for Wanda, and for both of them in the comics. I’m learning to take the long view on these sorts of things. Even if the current MCU doesn’t get it right, someday someone will.

In regards to the 9/11 mention, it is a part of history now. For that actor’s age bracket and background, and my own, it’s a cultural touchstone that has become synonymous with tragedy and disaster. Much like COVID-19 will be for the world this generation in the years to come.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The second half of that tape is not for WandaVision. It's two old videos to hat were spliced together that leaked last year, only the first one was for WandaVision.

Pietro was definitely the last person to benefit from the studio rivalry, or the buyout. Both depictions are missing key aspects of his character, like the Avengers version not being a mutant, the X-Men one not having a twin sister, and both not being Jewish or Romani. It would be wonderful if there was effort to do him justice. But I’m also still waiting on that for Wanda, and for both of them in the comics. I’m learning to take the long view on these sorts of things. Even if the current MCU doesn’t get it right, someday someone will.

In regards to the 9/11 mention, it is a part of history now. For that actor’s age bracket and background, and my own, it’s a cultural touchstone that has become synonymous with tragedy and disaster. Much like COVID-19 will be for the world this generation in the years to come.
    Yeah, I agree there's a lot missing about Wanda's and Pietro's backstories in the MCU. But I've resigned myself to Wanda becoming a SoCal valley girl. It's probably for the best because Olsen struggled so mightily with that accent. I actually think Quicksilver will appear in the show. If it's emphasizing the family dynamic so strongly, I would want Pietro to be part of that. And I don't want him fighting with Vision in a nasty way. They could have a love/hate relationship while he would be a great uncle to the twins. Think how emotional that story would be if the family was all together for a little while. Much better than in the comics. And if ATJ is well-received on the show, perhaps Marvel would give Quicksilver some more action in the books.

I have to agree with you that we can't shy away from such seminal events such as 9/11, but I feel it would go against Disney's stance of avoiding controversial issues. I definitely think they de-emphasized Hydra's Nazi connections because of that. But yeah, COVID-19 and Pearl Harbor are events that will be remembered for a long time and should be.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The second half of that tape is not for WandaVision. It's two old videos to hat were spliced together that leaked last year, only the first one was for WandaVision.
    I didn't know that. Then it's more likely Pietro shows up for a little while at least.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    fan art by lordxhris 13

Quicksilver in Wandavision But Evan or Aaron

A matter of several weeks ago, the rumor was jumping that the actor Evan Peters was part of the cast of the series. This was especially interesting since he played Quicksilver / Mercury in Fox's mutant universe, that is, he was Wanda / Scarlet Witch's brother in Fox's Marvel movies. key role in the series, but it was noted that he could play an adult version of Speed ​​(the son of Wanda and Vision), Mephisto or Nightmare (Nightmare).

According to a listing from Emerald City Comic-Con 2021, there is a Funko Pop! from "WandaVision" with Quicksilver. It is a set entitled "WandaVision 2pk: Vision & Quicksilver". The information comes from Serlentpops, account that has generally been reliable in terms of leaks from Funko.

If this information is true, this would be the second indication we receive that the series will bring back Pietro Maximoff. The first came this past January when an audition for one of Vision and Wanda's children in which the actor referred to his uncle was leaked online. Now, given his parentage, this would suggest that he was referring to Wanda's brother Quicksilver.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHCKGx1H...ource=ig_embed
    Last edited by juan678; 11-01-2020 at 03:54 AM.

I think it's ATJ because his picture is on there. The question should be will Quicksilver maintain his Sokovian accent?
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-01-2020 at 09:18 AM.

Since his death, everyone has been speculating when Pietro will return. Every Avengers movie after AOU would bring fresh rumors. But it was always just rumors. I’d like to see this pop before lending it any credence. Better yet, I would like to run fast forward in time to the premier of WV, and see for myself if he shows up.

I would have to agree, it would be more likely that ATJ returns to the role, with Evans being more like a cameo. Much how Ezra Miller made a cameo on the Flash show, and the other crossovers the DC shows have done since. ATJ was signed to a multi-picture contract, as I recall.

If the Evans version of Quicksilver appears as well, that would be a tacit retcon of the MCU version. It would mean Pietro is a mutant and the son of Magneto. The infinity gem would appear to only have activated his x gene. It would even be in line with the Wakanda Files entry, that speculates certain genetic anomalies were what drew Hydra to the twins in the first place. It would appear that the MCU is going to retcon the retcon, and from there, I think the comics would rush to do the same. But only if the rumors are true.

It is nice though that so many people want to believe that he’s coming back.

Since his death, everyone has been speculating when Pietro will return. Every Avengers movie after AOU would bring fresh rumors. But it was always just rumors. I’d like to see this pop before lending it any credence. Better yet, I would like to run fast forward in time to the premier of WV, and see for myself if he shows up.

I would have to agree, it would be more likely that ATJ returns to the role, with Evans being more like a cameo. Much how Ezra Miller made a cameo on the Flash show, and the other crossovers the DC shows have done since. ATJ was signed to a multi-picture contract, as I recall.

If the Evans version of Quicksilver appears as well, that would be a tacit retcon of the MCU version. It would mean Pietro is a mutant and the son of Magneto. The infinity gem would appear to only have activated his x gene. It would even be in line with the Wakanda Files entry, that speculates certain genetic anomalies were what drew Hydra to the twins in the first place. It would appear that the MCU is going to retcon the retcon, and from there, I think the comics would rush to do the same. But only if the rumors are true.

It is nice though that so many people want to believe that he’s coming back.
    I have a different opinion on this matter for two big reasons. First, in the Phase 2 and 3 MCU movies, Pietro was used by a rival studio and I'm pretty sure that Marvel Studios didn't want to confuse audiences by having two DIFFERENT Quicksilvers appear in the films. Secondly, the pictures Wanda appeared in never featured her to a significant degree. I think Disney didn't bring in Pietro because there were so many other characters that they needed to feature that there just wasn't room for Quicksilver. Plus Feige and company have made it abundantly clear they are not fans of bringing dead characters back to life. But WandaVision IS Wanda's show and Disney/Marvel Studios now has the rights to Pietro without having to share him with anybody else. That's why I NEVER believed that Quicksilver would appear in any MCU movies up until 2020. But I think it will happen now because those obstacles have been removed. Plus, with so many magical shenanigans going on in WandaVision, it's perfectly reasonable to expect Pietro to show up somehow. Unfortunately, like Vision, I don't think he survives this series. I think he might not even be "real" in the sense that Vision might be "real" because I believe SWORD will put Vision back together (due to the fact that he's an android). Pietro being human does not allow for him to be revived in that manner. And I don't think Disney will "re-animate" Pietro's corpse, either. I'm just happy that Vision and Quicksilver will FINALLY get a chance to get a little bit of the spotlight because I don't think they will be appearing in any future MCU projects on the account of them being "dead".