Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    What was up with those stints where she was blue with markings?
    That was her Kymaera form. It's a result of genetic meddling; when she was artificially created by atlantean scientists, they used dormant genes of ancient atlantean warriors to make her a specimen of their kind. As a result, she would turn blue due to her emotional/psychological state. The current Namorita is from the past, as explained by Digifiend, so she hasn't gone Kymaera yet. But if she is the same character, it could happen any time now. I hope they bring this concept back, as I really liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Namorita died in Civil War, but Nova rescued her from sometime before she turned blue for the second time at the start of the 2005 New Warriors run, during DnA's Nova series later that decade. How that didn't alter history, I don't know, but it looks like she's treated as the same version.

As I understand it, she's Namora's clone and both Namora and Namorita are treated as being Namor's cousins, thus Namora is more like Nita's big sister, not her mother.
    I've always assumed that she is referred to as Namor's cousin because he is her first cousin once removed (someone who is the first cousin of your parent), but saying ''first cousin once removed'' is kind of a mouthful, so it's easier to just say cousin. I do think Namora is considered her mother, because regardless of the cloning aspect, it's the kind of relationship they shared while they were together. Much like Laura Kinney is technically also a clone of Logan, but she has been treated like his daughter over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by strathcona View Post
    I'd like to see this New Warriors series explain Namorita's situation a bit better. I kinda got the impression from the last series that Water Snake was the original Namorita somehow, so we could see her merge with the Nita that came back in Nova and that way she could have all her memories back.
    Yeah, I hope they actually try to make sense of everything that happened to Nita over the years, but with this allegedly being just a mini, I'm afraid there won't be time for that.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-11-2020 at 01:11 PM.

I miss the Kymaera form. Namora doesn’t need a mini-me .

It's not like Namora gets used much either. At least Nita still ties her hair back (though it now seems to be a braid instead of a ponytail), which would make it easy to tell who's who if they appeared together. If she wore it loose, then she'd look like Namora.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I've always assumed that she is referred to as Namor's cousin because he is her first cousin once removed (someone who is the first cousin of your parent), but saying ''first cousin once removed'' is kind of a mouthful, so it's easier to just say cousin. I do think Namora is considered her mother, because regardless of the cloning aspect, it's the kind of relationship they shared while they were together. Much like Laura Kinney is technically also a clone of Logan, but she has been treated like his daughter over the years.
    Though Laura's now been retconned (in All-New Wolverine). Sarah Kinney didn't just give birth to her, Laura has a significant amount of her genes instead of just the X gender chromosome (which explains why she doesn't look like Logan). Sarah's her actual mother. She's basically an IVF baby, and Logan really is her father.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-12-2020 at 08:39 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Namorita zombie variant

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's not like Namora gets used much either. At least Nita still ties her hair back (though it now seems to be a braid instead of a ponytail), which would make it easy to tell who's who if they appeared together. If she wore it loose, then she'd look like Namora.Though Laura's now been retconned (in All-New Wolverine). Sarah Kinney didn't just give birth to her, Laura has a significant amount of her genes instead of just the X gender chromosome (which explains why she doesn't look like Logan). Sarah's her actual mother. She's basically an IVF baby, and Logan really is her father.
    Ideally, they'll do the same with Namorita. The sooner all of Byrne's Namor is erased, the better.

Anyone remember an old ad or card or swimsuit edition (I can’t remember) where Nita was blue before Kymaera ??

NEW WARRIORS #2 (OF 5)

DANIEL KIBBLESMITH (W) • Luciano Vecchio (A)
    COVER BY R.B. SILVA
    VARIANT COVER BY TRADD MOORE
    DARK MARVEL VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    FLASHBACK FOES-DAY!
    The NEW New Warriors are trapped with the Original Warriors’ first and fiercest foes...PSIONEX! Or are they? Night Thrasher and the OG crew have to save the new kids from certain doom, but another enemy is lurking in the shadows. PLUS: How’d Night Thrasher get the band back together anyhow? From the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space to the Darkforce dimension itself — find out in the latest extreme installment of NEW WARRIORS!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

not in the cover

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Anyone remember an old ad or card or swimsuit edition (I can’t remember) where Nita was blue before Kymaera ??
    Was it this one? iirc it was a swimsuit art

or this?

Marvel masterpiece trading card from 1994 art

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

Citizen of Atlantis ImperiusWrecked's Avatar

Namorita looks wonderful in this preview!

"No one should ever question where my allegiance lies." - Namor of Atlantis

more pages

Not liking the Lisa Rinna lips

So Speedball finally got his cat back from Jim Hammond? And Thrasher's rocking a beard now, he reminds me of Ironheart's father (this series is by the same artist).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman