Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Default Jackson Hyde / Kaldur'ahm: Aqualad Appreciation 2020

Happy New Year!!! Welcome to the Aqualad appreciation thread!!!

Man I wish Victor Ibanez who did the Aquaman Annual was the current artist he really sold me on Jackson's new look and hairstyle, I do like Robson Rocha work overall but he just makes the poor boy look weird and twice his age twice in many panels, also how he chooses to depict dreads is a choice.

Any way happy to have Jackson finally getting some time in Aquaman and have been pleased with Kelly Sue work with him so far, I've always wanted to like Kaldur since I saw him in the animated show but it's been a struggle to get invested in the character when it was so obvious how little the writers care about him in comparsion to everyone else.
    Last edited by walk; 01-01-2020 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Man I wish Victor Ibanez who did the Aquaman Annual was the current artist he really sold me on Jackson's current look and hairstyle, I do like Robson Rocha work overall but he just makes the poor boy look weird and twice his age twice his age in many panels, also how he chooses to depict dreads is a choice.

Any way happy to have Jackson finally getting some time in Aquaman and have been pleased with Kelly Sue work with him so far, I've always wanted to like Kaldur since I saw him in the animated show but it's always been a struggle to be invested in the character when it bwas so obvious how little the writers care about him in comparsion to everyone else.
    Agreed. Rocha is not winning me over with Jackson's new design. The way he draws the dreads is bleh.

However. I'm enjoying what KSD is doing so far and I hope she's going to push him more.

Aqualad is just so visually appealing. His design/concept is so good.

I never really noticed Kaldur turning water into ice before like in the gif above. Jackson also did it in Percy's run of TT.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 01-02-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Happy New Year to Jackson/Kaldur .

Happy New Year Kaldur/Jackson, hopefully you continue to get good showings and feats in 2020

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Happy New Year Kaldur/Jackson, hopefully you continue to get good showings and feats in 2020

That's some sweet fanart and a sick design.

It just came to my attention that its been a decade since Kaldur was created. So thankful for that.

Sweet design!

Slick art. reminds me of a Dragon Age character.

Short preview of Aqualad's 8 page story in Aquaman Giant #2

Seems to reference his old boyfriend from Percy's TT run.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

The red villain's name is on the tip of my tongue...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The red villain's name is on the tip of my tongue...
    Electrocutioner I think lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

Seems Jackson has a date that goes south and reflects on his other past failed relationship before suddenly being attacked by a supervillain, so overall our boy's not having a great day.

Speaking of romance though I'd really be down with him and Bunker becoming a couple. Civilian love interests rarely last unless they have decades worth of continuity behind them and Miguel a fun, underrated character who's not being used by anyone at the moment and who more buoyant, outgoing personality could play off Jackson more reserved nature nicely.

Give us our own version of Hulking and Wiccan DC, we know you're not going make Conner and Tim a thing anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Seems Jackson has a date that goes south and reflects on his other past failed relationship before suddenly being attacked by a supervillain, so overall our boy's not having a great day.

Speaking of romance though I'd really be down with him and Bunker becoming a couple. Civilian love interests rarely last unless they have decades worth of continuity behind them and Miguel a fun, underrated character who's not being used by anyone at the moment and who more buoyant, outgoing personality could play off Jackson more reserved nature nicely.

Give us our own version of Hulking and Wiccan DC, we know you're not going make Conner and Tim a thing anytime soon.
    Miguel was over in Red Hood and the Outlaws for a bit, I'd be cool with him and Jackson being together for a brief fling but nothing longterm; they don't quite fit longterm for me. I don't know who I'd want Jackson with longterm, I'm very fascinated with DC exploring more queer aliens so maybe that could be an interesting match up. maybe someone partially amphibious or semi-aquatic or a progeny of one of the Cosmic sea deities.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."