Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Default Jackson Hyde / Kaldur'ahm: Aqualad Appreciation 2020

Happy New Year!!! Welcome to the Aqualad appreciation thread!!!

Man I wish Victor Ibanez who did the Aquaman Annual was the current artist he really sold me on Jackson's new look and hairstyle, I do like Robson Rocha work overall but he just makes the poor boy look weird and twice his age twice in many panels, also how he chooses to depict dreads is a choice.

Any way happy to have Jackson finally getting some time in Aquaman and have been pleased with Kelly Sue work with him so far, I've always wanted to like Kaldur since I saw him in the animated show but it's been a struggle to get invested in the character when it was so obvious how little the writers care about him in comparsion to everyone else.
    Last edited by walk; 01-01-2020 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Man I wish Victor Ibanez who did the Aquaman Annual was the current artist he really sold me on Jackson's current look and hairstyle, I do like Robson Rocha work overall but he just makes the poor boy look weird and twice his age twice his age in many panels, also how he chooses to depict dreads is a choice.

Any way happy to have Jackson finally getting some time in Aquaman and have been pleased with Kelly Sue work with him so far, I've always wanted to like Kaldur since I saw him in the animated show but it's always been a struggle to be invested in the character when it bwas so obvious how little the writers care about him in comparsion to everyone else.
    Agreed. Rocha is not winning me over with Jackson's new design. The way he draws the dreads is bleh.

However. I'm enjoying what KSD is doing so far and I hope she's going to push him more.

Aqualad is just so visually appealing. His design/concept is so good.

I never really noticed Kaldur turning water into ice before like in the gif above. Jackson also did it in Percy's run of TT.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 01-02-2020 at 05:50 PM.

Happy New Year to Jackson/Kaldur .