Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    it's almost certainly Andy, the current Aquababy in the contemporary timeline.
    Yeah, she's an adult in Justice League but seemingly a pre-teen/early teen here.

Astonishing Member

Loving the new Aquaman's hair! I love how he's grown out his dreds long enough to have 'em be pulled back into a ponytail. He rocks the style!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, she's an adult in Justice League but seemingly a pre-teen/early teen here.
    Would kinda suck to see Jackson get surreptitiously skipped as a rightful Justice League member, not gonna lie..

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Would kinda suck to see Jackson get surreptitiously skipped as a rightful Justice League member, not gonna lie..
    They might mention it in his actual solo Aquaman book.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Full Solicitation

written by BRANDON THOMAS
    art and cover by DANIEL SAMPERE
    card stock variant cover by
    KHARY RANDOLPH
    ON SALE 1/26/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US

When Jackson Hyde accepted the mantle of Aquaman, he didn't expect to also have to mentor Andy Curry, Arthur and Mera's teen daughter. Nor did he expect that he and Andy would get sucked into the Confluence—an interdimensional nexus that connects distant planets and galaxies through the One Great Ocean. And he certainly didn't expect to lose Andy in the process of trying to find their way back home. Now Jackson's not sure how long he's been stuck in a prison on Neptune (five years?) or how many times he's tried to escape (200 at least!). But today Jackson saw something in the water that gave him hope for the first time in a long time—and his captors have no idea what he's got in store for them.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 10-15-2020 at 10:57 AM.

A dream-come-true! And something that needs to be more than a 2-month-long thing. (Wonder who the girl is? Seems to be more a debut for her, too, given her cover prominence.)

EDIT: Ah, that's Andy? Makes sense, now!
    I noticed that positioning myself. Thought it was a little odd, but hey.

Brooo, my man Lemonpeace had this similar idea of making Jackson a cosmic Aquaman of sorts in the DC New Dawn thread.

This sounds so good. Sampere is also a plus on the art.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Full Solicitation

written by BRANDON THOMAS
    art and cover by DANIEL SAMPERE
    card stock variant cover by
    KHARY RANDOLPH
    ON SALE 1/26/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | 1 OF 2 | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK COVER $4.99 US

When Jackson Hyde accepted the mantle of Aquaman, he didn't expect to also have to mentor Andy Curry, Arthur and Mera's teen daughter. Nor did he expect that he and Andy would get sucked into the Confluence—an interdimensional nexus that connects distant planets and galaxies through the One Great Ocean. And he certainly didn't expect to lose Andy in the process of trying to find their way back home. Now Jackson's not sure how long he's been stuck in a prison on Neptune (five years?) or how many times he's tried to escape (200 at least!). But today Jackson saw something in the water that gave him hope for the first time in a long time—and his captors have no idea what he's got in store for them.
    I hope Jackson doesn't get overshadowed by Andy.

Excerpt from DenofGeek article
    https://www.denofgeek.com/comics/loo...mpression=true

Aquaman
    Case in point, Aquaman for our group, really fun writer, Brandon Thomas, and editor, Andrea Shea, approached it specifically not to be a dystopian story. We get to see Jackson Hyde, who is coming off a two-issue arc in Aquaman by writer, Jordan Clark, really take a spotlight here along with Andy Curry, the daughter of Arthur and Mera. She comes into her own here as well. Again, we’re building on something that Kelly Sue DeConnick established in her fantastic Aquaman run, the birth of Andy, which is really one of the first babies to be born in the DCU in I don’t know how long.

We took that element of story that we all loved, and here we age up Andy in Future State, and you get to see her adventure with Jackson Hyde, again, a great character that we’re excited about spotlighting. Their story is full of drama and certainly danger, but it’s also got a really fresh perspective, a positive perspective on futuristic storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope Jackson doesn't get overshadowed by Andy.
    I hope not as well. He's finally getting some more solo content.

AS HE SHOULD!! and he appears to be teaching Aquababy?! (erm, Aquakid? Aquagirl? he teaching Andy....) I like it!
    edit: ALSO HE'S AQUAMAN!!
    My boy moving up the ranks!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    LOVING the new costume! Our boy looks good!
    I love the costumes as well!

Nice! Makes sense, now.

Nah. I'm glad it's Jackson's suit w/slight redesigns. I get why they did it for the show, but I like the individuality of Jackson's own suit carrying over, with just the name changing/evolving into Aquaman.
    I love his YJ Aquaman costume but yeah I love him bringing his own take.
    Loving the new Aquaman's hair! I love how he's grown out his dreds long enough to have 'em be pulled back into a ponytail. He rocks the style!
    Yes, the hair is the best part for me!

Brooo, my man Lemonpeace had this similar idea of making Jackson a cosmic Aquaman of sorts in the DC New Dawn thread.

This sounds so good. Sampere is also a plus on the art.
    wouldn't it have been crazy if i just came out as working for DC this entire time? but yooooo i didn't even take in the similarities, that's wild; clearly someone at DC has taste LOL
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

I love the costumes as well!

I love his YJ Aquaman costume but yeah I love him bringing his own take.
    It looks a little too much like his Aqualad costume, but I don't dislike it.

wouldn't it have been crazy if i just came out as working for DC this entire time? but yooooo i didn't even take in the similarities, that's wild; clearly someone at DC has taste LOL
    Ha! If you're secretly working at DC then let me secretly PM you a resume! lol

Of all the Future State stuff this looks like it's one of the more interesting. I mean, I'm a sucker for Kaldur anyway so it's not like it's a hard sell.

I might actually buy this.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Sneak peak of future art

snkpkk.jpg