Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'd rather not see Aqualad kill a bunch of people, personally...
    I don't want him too either but I was mainly talking about the large mass of water he controlled effortlessly.

Yeah as much as Injustice tries to presents itself as this highbrow book about the complexity of the interplay of morality and justice it has way too many examples of once good characters tilting from somewhat reprehensible but understandable to straight up villains to take any of it too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Yeah as much as Injustice tries to presents itself as this highbrow book about the complexity of the interplay of morality and justice it has way too many examples of once good characters tilting from somewhat reprehensible but understandable to straight up villains to take any of it too seriously.
    Injustice kind of runs on shock-value and Taylor doing interesting (and sometimes fun) things with established DC characters/conventions.

I finally got my hands on Aquaman Giant#2 and the short story "Worth" was really good for the amount of content it had.

Aqualad is written in this story very well and the art was good.

The continuity in this story was surprisingly correct but a little wrong since they had Aqualad meet Aquaman before he went shirtless with tattoos.

If I could get a mini with this team I for sure wouldn't mind.

I was gonna show a picture but it came out bad

It was a page of Aqualad being badass and it felt like a natural progression of all the stuff he went through so far.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 01-27-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    Seems Jackson has a date that goes south and reflects on his other past failed relationship before suddenly being attacked by a supervillain, so overall our boy's not having a great day.

Speaking of romance though I'd really be down with him and Bunker becoming a couple. Civilian love interests rarely last unless they have decades worth of continuity behind them and Miguel a fun, underrated character who's not being used by anyone at the moment and who more buoyant, outgoing personality could play off Jackson more reserved nature nicely.

Give us our own version of Hulking and Wiccan DC, we know you're not going make Conner and Tim a thing anytime soon.
    I could definitely get down with that. I miss Bunker, he was always fun, and I bet he and Kaldur would have a really entertaining dynamic.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

From YJ#13

Loving his new hairstyle here than how Rocha draws it.

Also Jackson is dumb tall. He must really be 6'1.

Who came up with the codpiece on Aqualad's costume?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    I have no idea why they keep drawing it like that and why it stuck. It's supposed to be a belt buckle just like how the YJ cartoon and the Pre-52 costume has it.

....it doesn't look like what it's supposed to, I think.

Did YJ come out yesterday? Excited for that one!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

That's what that page is from, yes.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    LOL!!!!
    I've either never seen that or never noticed it before. That is so funny looking!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I have no idea why they keep drawing it like that and why it stuck. It's supposed to be a belt buckle just like how the YJ cartoon and the Pre-52 costume has it.
    I guessing they confused the black belt and the navy blue pants to be part of the same garment? Without it being attached to something to "buckle" it looks extremely odd.