Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Preview for Aquaman #57
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/0...-is-on-its-way

This would've been the perfect time for Jackson to go to Atlantis...

Young Justice #14 preview

Apparently the Internet's record of Bart dates from pre-Flashpoint...

Bar-Torr didn't look like Impulse despite being his New 52 counterpart.

It's odd that Aqualad's logo isn't based on Aquaman's current one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Young Justice #14 preview

Why would he call Bart Kid Flash? He already knew a Kid Flash. Unless we're retconning out Jackson being on Damian's team.

"I'm Jackson. "Oh my god! I love you!" Well, there's a jump.

Pretty sure Bart is saying that because Kaldur is, in fact, jumping into the strange glowing door with a complete stranger. Which he just said he wouldn't do.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Why would he call Bart Kid Flash? He already knew a Kid Flash. Unless we're retconning out Jackson being on Damian's team.

"I'm Jackson. "Oh my god! I love you!" Well, there's a jump.
    Yeah, I don't know what that was about.

The art is also confusing. What exactly is Jackson doing? I thought he was pulling the ship but seems like he's using the water to lift it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Pretty sure Bart is saying that because Kaldur is, in fact, jumping into the strange glowing door with a complete stranger. Which he just said he wouldn't do.
    Oh, okay. Dialogue is just paced weird for me...
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Yeah, I don't know what that was about.

The art is also confusing. What exactly is Jackson doing? I thought he was pulling the ship but seems like he's using the water to lift it.
    Remember when Patrick Gleason was drawing this book? I'm surprised Bendis didn't snag another a-lister (no offense to the current artist).

Oh, okay. Dialogue is just paced weird for me...

Remember when Patrick Gleason was drawing this book? I'm surprised Bendis didn't snag another a-lister (no offense to the current artist).
    I don't like the current artist art. He makes everyone look unflattering. However, I do like how he draws Jackson as compared to Rocha though.

Sometimes the artist (forgot their name, unfortunately) works for me. It's a fun, kinetic style that I feel is well suited to the book, and it's a fairly unique style. But sometimes the art looks rushed, and it pulls a lot of the polish off of it. This preview looks rushed.

Though it may be a change in inker or colorist I suppose? I'd have to look at the credits.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I can help with this discussion, the artist is John Timms. He did some work in the Harley Quinn ongoing as well. Looking at the full preview I think they switched between artists for a few pages though.

And this may be a controversial statement but I actually like his art more then Patrick Gleason, especially when it comes to Bart. Patrick Gleasons art is great, loved him in Superman and Robin:son of Batman, but he drew the team a little too young looking to my liking while I feel that Timms really nails the teenage appearance of the characters. Like I can believe that at one point they were the teen titans/young justice team I remember.
    Last edited by sifighter; 03-05-2020 at 09:28 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

He probably thinks there's two Kid Flashes. Bart and Wallace. Bart only just came back and reverted to the Impulse identity. That information won't have made it to the Internet yet, as YJ haven't yet had any battles the public knows about. So, he calls Bart by the name he used as a Teen Titan.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He probably thinks there's two Kid Flashes. Bart and Wallace. Bart only just came back and reverted to the Impulse identity. That information won't have made it to the Internet yet, as YJ haven't yet had any battles the public knows about. So, he calls Bart by the name he used as a Teen Titan.
    Yeah, but he only really knew one Kid Flash who had no relation to Bart, so it's just weird.

I'm not even sure if people remember OG!Wally was Kid Flash in current continuity.

Astonishing Member

It was a running gag in the '90s that people would sometimes call Impulse "Kid Flash", not knowing his actual code name.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It was a running gag in the '90s that people would sometimes call Impulse "Kid Flash", not knowing his actual code name.
    See I get that, but it doesn’t quite work anymore when Bart had been Kid Flash for a little more then a decade...I mean obviously it’s a little hard to track when it became revealed Bar-torr was a thing but he was Kid Flash for a long while. So now it’s confusing as is maybe either he knows him as Kid Flash or he thinks he’s another Kid Flash, cause he worked with Wallace.

Either way I’m just kind of glad to have Kaldur here. He’s a cool character and I hope they use him as an effective part of the team.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.