Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Talking Happy Birthday Arthur "Art" Adams!!!

ECCC 2014: SECRET ORIGINS PRESENTS
    ARTHUR ADAMS
    https://worddisk.com/wiki/Arthur_Adams_(comics)/

what is the current fate of mojo-world? how vast is that planet?

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Not a clue about none of these questions, I'm afraid. Nevertheless, I guess its existence is indifferent to 616.

In the former Limited Series, it's called "a planet", although it rather seems another dimension and I personally prefer to consider it that way ("an extradimensional and extratemporal realm", according to Marvel Database). After all, another of its names is 'Mojoverse'. We scarcely know anything about it, except that it seems to be in a permanent dawn of acid skies (sort of as Fairy Land) and that, apart from its wide cities, there are "barren bogs and ink lagoons that could sink armies". I wish someday someone wrote a story for this dimension which weren't the zillionth boring gladiator fight, but an exploration of the wild lands in which Arize lived.

Something I don't like is, precisely, the name 'Mojoworld'/'Mojoverse'. In the former Limited Series, Mojo was the dominant one, OK, but the dimension was ruled by the Spineless as a species. I don't like the stories 'one vs. one, hero vs. villain'. What was interesting in the original story was the oppression from a species over another, not a duel between a hero and a tyrant. Personalizing is dangerous --I mean, getting rid of Mojo will not solve the problem. The system is the problem.

That's why I prefer to call this dimension The Wildways, although I know it's not really right.

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

The Mojoverse was due to show up in the first storyline of the new X-Factor comic, but that's currently on hold with everything thats going on.

Rita - interesting that you picked Stuart Immomen as the number 3 artist! I thought about him but ruled him out on the basis that it wasn't "our" Longshot. Fabulous artist though

Default Top Longshot artists (II)

4. MICHAEL ZULLI - THE VAGABOND. This is the only depiction in which I don't mind his ears are covered. Zulli's art is delicate and poetic, it fits perfectly with a Longshot's trait that's rarely refered: his inclination to roam. He's a natural rover, a tramp. Hence this sloppy but graceful mane, this fluent figure, this casual clothes and accesories. I would love more of this (in fact, that was Nocenti's intention before Longshot joined the X-Men).

5. JON BOGDANOVE - THE SCATTERBRAIN. IMO, Bogdanove gave Silvestri the guideline to the 'charming scarecrow' type. He was the first who made Longshot skinny, with a loose costume and a everlasting amazement expression. Someone maybe exasperating, but always enjoyable.

6. ALAN DAVIS - THE HAPPY-GO-LUCKY. His Longshot is quite like Bogdanove's. Perhaps even more luminous and tender because of the smoothness of Davis' line --probably the one who's closer to the perfect purity of a child.

This is the best Longshot fanart I've seen in DECADES. I'm stunned.

https://bangarangjames.tumblr.com/tagged/longshot

Art by Chase Conley. (In fact, all Conley's art is amazing).

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    This is the best Longshot fanart I've seen in DECADES. I'm stunned.

https://bangarangjames.tumblr.com/tagged/longshot

Art by Chase Conley. (In fact, all Conley's art is amazing).
    Totally!!! Serving the right amount of 80's hair-band realness. The way he's looking, I could see both Dazzler and Rogue getting tingles down there.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Longshots humorous introduction to the X-Men. The X-Babies are mad jealous.

Someone said Longshot was pretty much the X-Men's team dog, except for the fact that half of the team wanted to have sex with him

It occurs to me that Exiles #74 might be the only X-Cover (I'm not including the former Limited Series) with Longshot as focus apart from UXM #230.
    I forgot UXM #224.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Longshots humorous introduction to the X-Men. The X-Babies are mad jealous.

Wolverine being a hating soul...lol

Also is this the first time Magik has shown interested in a guy...?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Also is this the first time Magik has shown interested in a guy...?
    No way. To the contrary, in the early days Illyana showed great interest in guys. It was later when her sexual orientation became blurred.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

No way. To the contrary, in the early days Illyana showed great interest in guys. It was later when her sexual orientation became blurred.

I remember Illyana calling Doug "cutie" during the X-Men Annual when they were in Asgard, though it might be because she was being influenced. Also, in the Annual with the Impossible Man he morphed into Tom Selleck and and her and Kitty were all oooh lala, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I remember Illyana calling Doug "cutie" during the X-Men Annual when they were in Asgard, though it might be because she was being influenced. Also, in the Annual with the Impossible Man he morphed into Tom Selleck and and her and Kitty were all oooh lala, lol.
    Right. There's a load of examples of Illyana being very eloquent about hot guys, these are only some of them. If that was a smokescreen or not, that I can't tell.

Default Top Longshot artists (III)

7. RICK LEONARDI - THE JUMPING. IIRC, Leonardi only drew Longshot a couple of times, but he's one of my favorite mainstream artist: I love his angular line, so original and dynamic, therefore I like his Longshot and I wish there were more issues by him. He knows how to made him nimble and quick, and gives him some sort of a punk look.

8. JACOPO CAMAGNI - THE HIPSTER. I take 'Longshot Saves the MU' as the big joke I suppose it is. So I give the go-ahead to those outlandish sideburns and quiff, because they're funny and mainly because I pretty much think Longshot is not aware of what's cool or not --even more, he don't give a damn. This is a unusually sofisticated Longshot, even in his thin profile (kind of aristocratic), but it definitely rocks. My only objections are the blond eyebrows (they should be black) and the hairy chest --somehow I always link 'alien' to 'smooth', so the notion of Longshot as a bear is really displeasing to me.

9. OSCAR BAZALDUA - THE KNIGHT. This depiction (from 'Mr. & Mrs. X') may be perhaps a bit bland, but at least it's restrained. His haircut is decent and I don't ask for more. Also, this elf prince look fits him like a glove: he really seems a Fairyland inhabitant instead of an alien. One of the Sidhe.