Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Vixen Appreciation 2020

Welcome back, Vixen fans!

Last edited by MoneySpider; 12-31-2019 at 08:04 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Whoa. This is her first appearance?

610049._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

“THE DEADLY RAMPAGE OF THE LADY FOX!” In New York City, the Vixen steals a van full of furs that belong to entrepreneur Mordecai Mule. Superman, attending a function at Madison Square Garden, learns of the robbery and leaps into action!

As a burglar. Interesting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Whoa. This is her first appearance?

610049._SX1280_QL80_TTD_.jpg

“THE DEADLY RAMPAGE OF THE LADY FOX!” In New York City, the Vixen steals a van full of furs that belong to entrepreneur Mordecai Mule. Superman, attending a function at Madison Square Garden, learns of the robbery and leaps into action!

As a burglar. Interesting.
    I think her first design is probably her best one. I like the color scheme and overall look. The browns she wears these days are a little dull to me, especially considering that there's no contrast anywhere, since that's...like...rather close to the color of her skin, too. And the Halle Berry look is kind of tired and...uh...sort of unimaginative in that it's pretty obvious what the inspiration is...and it's a pretty unimaginative inspiration at that. "Who's the first black actress you can think of? Halle Berry. Okay, let's make Vixen look like her."

And that design she had with the Wolverine hair-do was downright terrible.
    Last edited by Vampire Savior; 12-31-2019 at 08:38 PM.

In my opinion, Vixen's "hooks" are that she's:

1. A billionaire

2. A successful businesswoman

3. A supermodel/fashion model

4. A fashion designer

5. A crimefighter

6. An Animal Master

7. An Animal Rights activist

8. A genius (if she mimics the genius-level intellect of certain humans, which are also animals. The magic of her powers might make this possible).

9. The "champion" of Anansi, a West African trickster god

And for one of Vixen's businesses, I imagine that she would have a beauty/fashion line like Rihanna has (Fenty Beauty and her clothing line). I do recall in a past Birds of Prey issue or something where Vixen was selling her own perfume and either Black Canary or Huntress joked that they wanted their money back for the perfume. Vixen retorted by saying elegance is lost on some people...
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 01-04-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Happy New Year to the animal spirit powerhouse Vixen .

Hoping for more Mari in 2020 .

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post

In my opinion, Vixen's "hooks" are that she's:

1. A billionaire

2. A businesswoman

3. A supermodel/fashion model

4. A superheroine

5. An Animal Master

6. A philanthropist

7. A genius (if she mimics the genius-level intellect of certain humans, which are also animals. The magic of her powers might make this possible).

And for one of Vixen's businesses, I imagine that she would have a beauty/fashion line like Rihanna has (Fenty Beauty and her clothing line). I do recall in a past Birds of Prey issue or something where Vixen was selling her own perfume and either Black Canary or Huntress joked that they wanted their money back.
    Don’t forget she’s an immigrant, or at least that’s what I recall. Big 2 superheroes are so overwhelmingly American focused getting characters with non-American perspectives is nice.

Default Vixen Appreciation 2020

Another year, another appreciation thread for Mari McCabe aka Vixen.

Failed to see the thread started by moneyspider. So sorry.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 01-02-2020 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Another year, another appreciation thread for Mari McCabe aka Vixen.

Failed to see the thread started by moneyspider. So sorry.
    No need to apologize, man!

Vixen definitely needs an Ongoing.silencer didn't do any good i'm sure the Mari is a much well known character that would do well if written and drawn collectly.

Honest question: when was Vixen declared a billionaire?

I know that as a supermodel she made a quite a bit of money but did not know that it was at that level.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Honest question: when was Vixen declared a billionaire?

I know that as a supermodel she made a quite a bit of money but did not know that it was at that level.
    It was declared in the most recent (although cancelled) Justice League of America series written by Steve Orlando, but I don't remember which particular issue offhand.

BANNED

Love her yellow/orange color schemes:

Gina Torres also did a great job of voicing her:

Super underrated League member, but she's definitely in my top 10.

I'm still not over the profound disappointment i felt when i went to deep dive into Vixen and hit the staggering lack of solo material she has. DC, y'all ok? like what the **** are you doing guys? where the Vixen push at?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm still not over the profound disappointment i felt when i went to deep dive into Vixen and hit the staggering lack of solo material she has. DC, y'all ok? like what the **** are you doing guys? where the Vixen push at?
    I don't understand it either, even Aztek and Vibe got 10 issue. I guess there's not enough motivation behind the scenes to give her a real solo.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Superhuman Strength: Vixen can make herself superhumanly strong and has called upon the powers of multiple animals for varying degrees of super-strength throughout her career. Notable animals – Bears (close to a ton), Gorilla (almost 2 tons), Elephant (about 10 to12 tons), Rhinoceros Beetle (about 60 to 65 tons) (Justice League of America #28, 2009) and Gorilla Grodd who is strong enough to engage Aquaman and Kalibak in combat. Vixen has also called upon the strength of a whale to pin Flashpoint Aquaman to a wall and push a submarine off its course.(Convergence Justice League #2, 2015 and Justice League of America #12, 2017). The exact limits of Vixen's strength is unknown as she was able to flip over a tank (which can weigh up to 50 to 65 ton) with the strength of an elephant. (Suicide Squad #32 1987)

Superhuman Stamina: Without using her powers, Vixen possesses the normal human stamina of a woman her age, height and build who engages in intense regular exercise. She can increase her stamina and endurance to superhuman levels by taking on different animals abilities (DC Comics Present #68, 1984). While injured Vixen tan on running on adrenaline for almost 48 hours while enduring the pain of a broken arm. (Justice League of America #26, 2008)

Superhumanly Acute Senses: Vixen can give herself superhumanly acute senses that are comparable to those of the animals she mimicking. By using the abilities of a hawk she can see at far greater distances than an ordinary human with perfect clarity. She can also focus her sight on a limited area to detect small things like a fly in flight, something Red Arrow was unable to see. (Titans #10, 2009) In near total darkness, she has been known to use the echolocation of bats for combat and to locate an opening in a cave. (Vixen Return of the Lion #1, 2009 and Justice League Task Force #8, 1994) Vixen can enhance her hearing by taking on certain animal abilities, allowing her to detect sounds ordinary humans cannot hear at a greater distance. She can track a target by scent, even if the scent has been greatly eroded by time and weather factors, with an extraordinary degree of success. (Justice League of America: Vixen Rebirth #1, 2017)

Superhuman Durability: Vixen's body is somewhat tougher and more resistant to injury than an ordinary human's, although she is far from invulnerable. She is capable of withstanding impact forces that would severely injure or kill an ordinary human with only mild to moderate discomfort. (Justice League of America #6 2007) Most noticeably Vixen was once able to withstand an attack from a mind-controlled Superman by using the abilities of an Armored Beetle to harden her skin. (Vixen Return of the Lion #5, 2009) Due to her healing factor, any damage done to her body that results in massive tissue damage like multiple gunshots wounds, slashes, puncture wounds, blunt force trauma can be repaired without any trace of damage.

Regenerative/Healing Factor: By mimicking the abilities of certain animals, Vixen can give herself a regenerative ability that rivals or surpasses most super-humans. With a thought, she has healed from gunshot wounds with the abilities of earthworms (Birds of Prey #70, 2004) and mended broken bones and flesh with the abilities of snakes. (Justice League of America #26, 2008) She has also used the abilities of Flatworms to reconstruct her entire body after seemly being killed by an explosion. (Justice League America #23, 2017) Vixen’s ability to heal herself is much faster than those possessed by the animal she is mimicking, as she can heal wounds or reconstruct her body within seconds.

Superhuman Agility: By mimicking certain animals, Vixen can enhance her agility, balance, and bodily coordination to levels that are significantly beyond the natural limits of the human body. On numerous occasions, she has taken on the abilities of monkeys, cats, deer, rabbits and many other animals to increase her agility to superhuman levels.

Superhuman Reflexes: Vixen can heighten her reflexes to superhuman levels and mostly takes on the reflexes of cats to attack her opponent. On one occasion, she took on the abilities of a Mantis Shrimp and was fast enough to catch a bullet in mid-flight before it hit its target. (Justice League of America #26, 2008)

Flight: Vixen is capable of hovering and propelling herself through the air by taking on the abilities of birds and insects. When using this ability she reached speeds over 200 miles per hour. While her exact speed is not known she has flown non-stop from New English, Iowa to New York City, New York (1042.8 miles) in what seems to be minutes. (Justice League of America #6 2007)

Heighten Awareness: Vixen’s connection to the Red and the animals in the area gives her something akin to a danger sense, which warns her of nearby danger. This sense allows her to avoid dangerous areas and predict natural occurrences like earthquakes and the shifting of wind. (Red Tornado #05, 2010 and JLA Classified #24 2008). This sense is strong enough that she can sense when others are in pain and detect invisible opponents. (Justice League of America #02, 2006) By shifting her eyesight Vixen can see the world through the “Red” and see those connected to the Life-web. (Justice League America #11, 2017) The exact range of this ability is unknown.

Energy Blasts: Vixen has produced two kinds of energy to attack opponents. She has been shown twice to use the abilities of Electric Eels to project electrical energy from her hands to stun Gorilla Grodd and bring Flashpoint Aquaman to his knees. (Flash #48, 1991 and Convergence Justice League #2, 2015) By using the abilities of the Hatchet Fish and the Angler Fish, Vixen can produce light from her head and hands. (Justice League of America 39, 2010) This light is strong enough to light a room and can be concentrated into a laser-like beam that is strong enough to burn the flesh from Black Lanterns Vibe and the bullet-proof skin of Steel. (Justice League of America #40, 2010) After gaining the full power of her totem from her cousin Tabu, Vixen was able to create a force-field that was strong enough to withstand handgun fire. (Animal Man #44, 1992)

Energy and Temperature Resistance: By taking on the abilities of an Electric Eel, Vixen has made herself immune to the electrical attacks of the Electrocutioner. (Justice League of America #02, 2006) She has also withstood the solar energy attacks of Starbreaker (the mature form of Sun-Eaters) by using the abilities of a Pompeii Worm. By using the abilities of Methanococcoide Burtonii, Vixen was unaffected by the freezing temperatures of the Himalaya Mountains. (Justice League of America #34, 2006)

Claws: Vixen's claws are extremely sharp and tough, enabling her to rend through a variety of substances including fabric, wood, cinderblock, and even some metals with ease. Her nails are also magically enhanced and have scratched or drawn blood from people with superhuman durability like Superman, Despero and Geo-Force. (Action Comics #521, 1981, Justice League of America #38, 2009 and Birds of Prey #73, 2004)

Telepathy: Using the “Red”, Vixen possesses a form of telepathy that allows her to communicate mentally with others humans over long distances. Using her “Red Telepathy” she was able to contact all the minds of the “Wishers” around the world and convince them to give up their wishes they made to the Queen of Fable. (Justice League America #23, 2017) By mimicking Gorilla Grodd, Vixen may have other mental powers but because of Grodd’s mental instability, she is unable to control them without being driven mad. (Flash #48, 1991)

Animal Empathy and Communication: Vixen has the ability to sense the emotional state of animals on basic levels such as fear, anger, happiness or pain. She can summon animals in a forest and communicate with them, asking them questions. Her presence seems to override the animal’s natural predator and prey instinct, as shown when a mountain lion, wolf, snake, and others animals gather around her with no aggression towards each other.(Red Tornado #5, 2009)

Poisonous: Vixen can mimic the abilities of poisonous animals and project and secrete poisons from her body. She has spit venom like a cobra to fight Geo-Force, which was powerful enough to blind and cause him great pain. (Birds of Prey #73, 1994) She has also used the abilities of a Poison Frog to secreted poison from her hands to incapacitate Lord Havok in a fight. (Justice League of America #4, 2017)

Shapeshifting: Occasionally, Vixen has been known to physically transform into different animals - for example, she has shapeshifted into a Gray Wolf, a Great Horned Owl, and a Cougar. (Hawk and Dove 4 and 5, 1998) Vixen can also assume a hybrid form, in which she maintains a humanoid form but with certain animal adaptations, like when she took on the gills, fins, and missing eyes of a blind Cavefish and later shape-shifted again into a humanoid wolf hybrid (retaining the cave fish's blindness). (JSA Classified 16, 2006)

Abilities

Multilingual: Mari is fluent in English, French and many other African dialects,

Trained Martial Artist: Vixen is an experienced fighter, trained in unarmed combat and given advanced training by Bronze Tiger. She usually incorporates her animal abilities to enhance her fighting style, making it hard for her opponents to defend against her attacks.

Skilled Spy: As a member of Suicide Squad and Checkmate, Vixen has trained in espionage, covert operations, and stealth.

Skilled Acrobat: She is a superb athlete and an Olympic-level gymnast.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-10-2020 at 07:13 AM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.