Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 33394041424344454647 ... LastLast

When you can summon the talons of an eagle and the punch of a mantis shrimp, you really don’t need weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    When you can summon the talons of an eagle and the punch of a mantis shrimp, you really don’t need weapons.
    i endorse this message.

It's for the cool factor.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Yeah, I don't think Vixen needs a physical weapon.

december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    While narrow noses/face etc are features that are not exclusive to Europeon culture and excluded from the Pan-African genepool, nor is straight hair, I don't think the White Men who created Mari in the 70s thought of her features as being connected to her African culture. But instead just wanted to make Vixen "beautiful" and fell into the paradigm of the "White Woman dipped in chocolate" to portray that, not maliciously, while trying to increase representation of female characters and characters of color. And Mari not being "ghetto", Conways words, to boot.
    http://www.comicosity.com/game-chang...nway-on-vixen/

Women wear wigs and weaves to change up their looks without it being a long term commitment. Relaxers are harder on the hair. Moreso with models and actors because of the abuse their hair and skin takes under all the working conditions that are part of they're careers.
    I haven't heard the "That's not even your hair!" slam in a very long time in the black community. It's just a fact of life. We are beyond hair-shaming because of hair enhancement using those methods. The discussing shifts more to the political aspects of hair choices being to emulate a standard of beauty that was forced upon women that makes them think of their natural looks as ugly. See the Halloween released horror movie "Bad Hair" and the Oscar winning animated feature "Hair Love". Both have brought that aspect of the conversation forward.
    https://youtu.be/kNw8V_Fkw28
    Thanks for the link/Read.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I love Otto Schmidt art, although her thighs look separate from her body...and what thighs they are .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I don't think Vixen needs a physical weapon.
    Agreed. Though, given her Pre52 relationship with Bronze Tiger, I wouldn't be shocked to find out she proficient in the use of multiple weapons. It just makes sense that BT would train her in weapon combat, just in case she couldn't access her powers. (Something that actually happened in Suicide Squad #16)

20201130_190154.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    It's for the cool factor.
    Well then, I feel a bo staff would fit her perfect for her
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-30-2020 at 06:08 PM.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Amazing Member

^ I really liked Mari and Ben as a couple. I wouldn't mind seeing them get back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacula View Post
    ^ I really liked Mari and Ben as a couple. I wouldn't mind seeing them get back together.
    Lordt, I hope it never happens.

I used to somewhat be open minded to the idea of Vixen and Bronze Tiger or Vixen and John Stewart happening again or happening in the comics.

But Bronze Tiger is the only comic romance Vixen has had and he made her look like a fool, the same with John Stewart ...outside of comics, in her only recognized medium and she was playing second fiddle to Shayera and getting dragged by shippers.

The writers, DC, and Vixen herself may not remember or care but I do, I'll hold the grudge for Vixen.

It's time for a complete fresh start for the character, she needs to shed eveything from DC's past work with her except her first appearance with Superman, JL run, her guest appearances with Animal Man, and her Rebirth one shot everything else should be a

for the character, with nothing rehashing or hinting to the past.

I'm all about NEW things, not looking backwards.

I think you'll like what we do with Mari.

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

I used to somewhat be open minded to the idea of Vixen and Bronze Tiger or Vixen and John Stewart happening again or happening in the comics.

But Bronze Tiger is the only comic romance Vixen has had and he made her look like a fool, the same with John Stewart ...outside of comics, in her only recognized medium and she was playing second fiddle to Shayera and getting dragged by shippers.

The writers, DC, and Vixen herself may not remember or care but I do, I'll hold the grudge for Vixen.

It's time for a complete fresh start for the character, she needs to shed eveything from DC's past work with her except her first appearance with Superman, JL run, her guest appearances with Animal Man, and her Rebirth one shot everything else should be a

I'm a supporter or Ben and Vixen but I'm all in favor of her starting fresh. does that mean throw everything away? nah, I don't believe in that kind of revisionism (you can't trick me DC, Hal Jordan is 45 to 50+). the reason so many heroes of color are down bad is because every other writer wants to write like they're the first guy to write them and are "making them cool"; detailing any development they could've had. acknowledgment is fine (it's integral to comic book storytelling at this point) it's the rehashing I could do without. if need be it should be as simple as "I did this, now I'm not" then move on to the new.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

you can't trick me DC, Hal Jordan is 45 to 50+
    It was the revisionism making him (and Ollie) older in the first place that I strongly disliked. They're both likely similar in age to Bruce. Claiming Hal had been GL for 15 years when we dang well saw that Dick Grayson was 15ish when Hal got the ring and was only 20-22ish when that comment was made was wrong-headed to me. Though by today...well, everyone should have aged more. But they won't let heroes get old. Retconned John Stewart younger, I guess (he was already a college graduate when we met him when Wally was still in high school, but I guess something later said they were closer in age?). And that's even before the wide-ranging youthifying of New 52. Oh, and I hated making Dinah Dinah's daughter back in the 1980s - talk about revisionism. But comics are built on revisionism. Biggest annoyance to me.

it's the rehashing I could do without. if need be it should be as simple as "I did this, now I'm not" then move on to the new.
    I wish I had any sense of what even parts of characters' histories were still continuity. But since I guess it might be "anything goes" now (if the Bleeding Cool article meant what I thought it meant and was correct), who even knows?

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post

How did Ben make Mari look like a fool?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Mari being on the SS squad following her departure from the JLD is the deepest character development she ever received. Why on Earth would you erase that?

Ben and Mari ended tragic but it didn't negatively effect her as other relationships plagued other characters.