Page 44 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Lordt, I hope it never happens.

I used to somewhat be open minded to the idea of Vixen and Bronze Tiger or Vixen and John Stewart happening again or happening in the comics.

But Bronze Tiger is the only comic romance Vixen has had and he made her look like a fool, the same with John Stewart ...outside of comics, in her only recognized medium and she was playing second fiddle to Shayera and getting dragged by shippers.

The writers, DC, and Vixen herself may not remember or care but I do, I'll hold the grudge for Vixen.

It's time for a complete fresh start for the character, she needs to shed eveything from DC's past work with her except her first appearance with Superman, JL run, her guest appearances with Animal Man, and her Rebirth one shot everything else should be a

for the character, with nothing rehashing or hinting to the past.
    LOL, I still look at Hawkgir/Shayera with a side eye to this day. Though, I will admit I took some pleasure in seeing John deciding to stay with Mari in the final episodes of the JLU.,

I swim in the tears of Green Lantern/Hawkgirl shippers that day. LL

I do wonder if Vixen fans would be cool if she dared outside her race?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

I just don't get this kind of hostility. And I don't ship either of those with John (I liked Katma, but not with any passion). I do have some ships I am passionate about, but none where I feel that way about fans of an opposing ship.

I'm okay with it. I can understand the annoyance of "hey, there's a bunch of white characters and one black male and one black female - guess who they date?"). Though admittedly, that's more of a problem with a lack of black characters, in general. I can see the other side of it too - with "successful, powerful, high-profile black character - too good to date a black person, of course." Don't know if that applies as much to dating other races as white. But, to be fair, people are more prone to date and marry within their own race in general, even now (at least in the US, can't say for everywhere else). Various reasons for that, of course. And if Vixen is in the United States, it's not like she has a shared cultural history with African Americans (at least in the last 100+ years), so there's that. If she's in Zambesi, of course, a much greater percentage of the populate is African with African ancestry, though of course, not all.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 12-01-2020 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    LOL, I still look at Hawkgir/Shayera with a side eye to this day. Though, I will admit I took some pleasure in seeing John deciding to stay with Mari in the final episodes of the JLU.,

I don't really care, most heroes have multiple love interests. As long as her relationships with Black love interests get the same development as the ones with non-black ones I don't care. Can't stand terrible romances though.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I just don't get this kind of hostility. And I don't ship either of those with John (I liked Katma, but not with any passion). I do have some ships I am passionate about, but none where I feel that way about fans of an opposing ship.
    You would have to be there to understand the hatted Vixen received form Hawkgirl fans. As a Vixen fan, I was constantly defending Mari against Hawkgirl/Green Lantern shippers. I remember feeling like it was a racist reaction...like Mari wasn't good enough for John because she was black. When he series ended, I admit I took some pleasure in John's decisions.

I'm okay with it. I can understand the annoyance of "hey, there's a bunch of white characters and one black male and one black female - guess who they date?"). Though admittedly, that's more of a problem with a lack of black characters, in general. I can see the other side of it too - with "successful, powerful, high-profile black character - too good to date a black person, of course." Don't know if that applies as much to dating other races as white. But, to be fair, people are more prone to date and marry within their own race in general, even now (at least in the US, can't say for everywhere else). Various reasons for that, of course. And if Vixen is in the United States, it's not like she has a shared cultural history with African Americans (at least in the last 100+ years), so there's that. If she's in Zambesi, of course, a much greater percentage of the populate is African with African ancestry, though of course, not all.
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I don't really care, most heroes have multiple love interests. As long as her relationships with Black love interests get the same development as the ones with non-black ones I don't care. Can't stand terrible romances though.
    For some reason, I always thought Mari and Jason Todd would make a good couple. Something about the bad boy and the preacher's daughter really appeals to me

It’s not something I want to see nor would i be interested reading it or support it. Only interested in seeing Vixen/John or Vixen/Ben or Vixen/another blk male hero

You would have to be there to understand the hatted Vixen received form Hawkgirl fans. As a Vixen fan, I was constantly defending Mari against Hawkgirl/Green Lantern shippers. I remember feeling like it was a racist reaction...like Mari wasn't good enough for John because she was black. When he series ended, I admit I took some pleasure in John's decisions.

For some reason, I always thought Mari and Jason Todd would make a good couple. Something about the bad boy and the preacher's daughter really appeals to me

I was happy with John decision aswell & u still see that type of reaction till this day from some John/HG shippers so I definitely can understand. As fan of both Red Hood ( he’s my fav dc character) & Vixen I wouldn’t been here for it.

How old are they in your head?

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    It’s not something I want to see nor would i be interested reading it or support it. Only interested in seeing Vixen/John or Vixen/Ben or Vixen/another blk male hero

I was happy with John decision aswell & u still see that type of reaction till this day from some John/HG shippers so I definitely can understand. As fan of both Red Hood ( he’s my fav dc character) & Vixen I wouldn’t been here for it.
    Alright

How old are they in your head?
    I Assumed both were in their 20s

I Assumed both were in their 20s
    Ah, comic time. I still tend to think of her being mid-twenties when introduced (when he was probably about 10 or 11). Not that age technically matters once they are adults, but I'll admit to a preference of lesser age gaps Without seeing a couple together or any having any canon basis, I generally prefer 6 years or fewer when one part is under 25 (and 10 or fewer if either under 40). I mean, I like Barbara 7 years older than Dick, but that's because I already saw them being couple-y. And I'm not sure how much older Reed was than Sue, but they were engaged when introduced. Likewise for the canoncity of larger age gaps with Victor Stone and Sarah Charles or Donna Troy and Terry Long. Not that I really care about either of those, just don't object to them.

Ah, comic time. I still tend to think of her being mid-twenties when introduced (when he was probably about 10 or 11). Not that age technically matters once they are adults, but I'll admit to a preference of lesser age gaps Without seeing a couple together or any having any canon basis, I generally prefer 6 years or fewer when one part is under 25 (and 10 or fewer if either under 40). I mean, I like Barbara 7 years older than Dick, but that's because I already saw them being couple-y. And I'm not sure how much older Reed was than Sue, but they were engaged when introduced. Likewise for the canoncity of larger age gaps with Victor Stone and Sarah Charles or Donna Troy and Terry Long. Not that I really care about either of those, just don't object to them.
    Unless its Batman, I assume most adult heroes are in their mid 20s.

That’s understandable.. for me Red 21-23 & Vixen is 25-28

Doesn't work for me. More power to anyone who likes it, but all characters aging at a consistent rate (with each other) is very important to me. A shared universe really doesn't make sense any other way, as far as I'm concerned. Just wish someone would send DC the memo.

I'd say she's mid to late 30s. Jason would be closer to 30 than to me.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd say she's mid to late 30s. Jason would be closer to 30 than to me.
    Mid to late 30s sounds right, Vixen strikes me as someone who is grounded in herself and is done with her "finding herself" phase. Jason is definitely in the younger 20s.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Fantastic Member

Based on her characterisation at debut and in her early JL-Detriot appearances, I'd say that she was about the same as Zee during the Bronze Age so between early and mid 20s depending on how long the Silver and Bronze Age was "in-universe" (Zee was specifically 19 at debut it was a plot-point).

IIRC, officially this was currently about 10 years ago? Though personally I'd favour about 20 years since the foundation of the Justice League based on pre-Flashpoint continuity.

YMMV.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Lordt, I hope it never happens.

I used to somewhat be open minded to the idea of Vixen and Bronze Tiger or Vixen and John Stewart happening again or happening in the comics.

But Bronze Tiger is the only comic romance Vixen has had and he made her look like a fool, the same with John Stewart ...outside of comics, in her only recognized medium and she was playing second fiddle to Shayera and getting dragged by shippers.

The writers, DC, and Vixen herself may not remember or care but I do, I'll hold the grudge for Vixen.

It's time for a complete fresh start for the character, she needs to shed eveything from DC's past work with her except her first appearance with Superman, JL run, her guest appearances with Animal Man, and her Rebirth one shot everything else should be a

for the character, with nothing rehashing or hinting to the past.
    Based on the JLU DVD commentary, Dwayne and Bruce preferred Mari, which may be why Ancient History ended with John choosing Mari, even though that episode was released after The Once and Future Thing. To even make that Future Happen, Mari had to be killed off, because John had no believable reason to leave a smart, attractive, kind, strong, playful supermodel, lol