Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    Freedom Beast seems like he is already aware and has experiences with The Red. I think Beast Boy would be a great mentee for Vixen, he could learn about the primordial force of all animal life because so far from what I have seen he does not seem fully aware of it. It would be cool if he knows about it, and explore more of his powers and origin.
    I'm cool with this. We havent gotten too many female/male student teacher relationships before and it could be fun.

On Vixen being apart of the Red, im not against or for it
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 07-01-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm cool with this. We havent gotten too many female/male student teacher relationships before and it could be fun.
    Very true. We've got a crapton of female legacies of male characters (Batfemmes and Superladies and She-Hulks, She-Thors, She-Wolverines, Mary Marvel, Miss Martian and whatnot), but there's almost never a *male* legacy to a female character like Wonder Woman or Storm. It seems like the only way that can happen is if they are related (Zachary Zatanna, R'yandr) or the female character pushed the legacy out of her uterus (Franklin Richards).

So seeing a female mentor who isn't a mom, providing some training or inspiration to a younger male hero, could be neat, whether it's Vixen or Black Canary or whomever.

I'm not cool with - if Gar is used. It demotes him. He's been a superhero longer than Vixen has, and should not be her mentee. Create a new male mentee is fine - but don't diminish Gar's experience and accomplishments to make him need teaching at this late date. One hero should never be diminished/demoted to prop up another.

Not to mention my previously mentioned dislike of associated Gar with the Red. Plus, as a fan from Gar back in the 1980s, I'm sick and tired of DC de-aging or not aging him (and Raven). He's supposed to be a grown man by now, and really should be close to mid-20s, if not already there.

Sidekick and mentees are all well and good. I like them, and a "family" can help grow a reader base. Two rules - the mentees eventually grow up. They should strike out on their own and become just as remarkable heroes as their mentors. DC has a real problem with this. They either trash the mentor to make the mentee outshine them or (for more often) drag the mentee back down to subordinate status, if they ever let the develop independently at all. Second rule - don't have too many. If that happens they end up with too many characters and not enough material. DC loves to have a "sidekick" or "legacy" role but then often wants them to disappear and be replaced by a newer, younger person. Often with the same codename. Which is what I think of for Legacies and am not a fan.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-01-2020 at 03:14 PM.

All this talk about mentoring got me thinking there should be a Animal Masters series. A series where Animal Man, Vixen and Beast Boy train the new Avatars of the Red.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I'm not cool with - if Gar is used. It demotes him. He's been a superhero longer than Vixen has, and should not be her mentee. Create a new male mentee is fine - but don't diminish Gar's experience and accomplishments to make him need teaching at this late date. One hero should never be diminished/demoted to prop up another.

Not to mention my previously mentioned dislike of associated Gar with the Red. Plus, as a fan from Gar back in the 1980s, I'm sick and tired of DC de-aging or not aging him (and Raven). He's supposed to be a grown man by now, and really should be close to mid-20s, if not already there.

Sidekick and mentees are all well and good. I like them, and a "family" can help grow a reader base. Two rules - the mentees eventually grow up. They should strike out on their own and become just as remarkable heroes as their mentors. DC has a real problem with this. They either trash the mentor to make the mentee outshine them or (for more often) drag the mentee back down to subordinate status, if they ever let the develop independently at all. Second rule - don't have too many. If that happens they end up with too many characters and not enough material. DC loves to have a "sidekick" or "legacy" role but then often wants them to disappear and be replaced by a newer, younger person. Often with the same codename. Which is what I think of for Legacies and am not a fan.
    What I meant is that he could learn more about the Red from. Vixen would be a tutor or an adviser (for a lack of a better word) to him by telling him about the Red, It will be like that he is learning and acquiring knowledge from her but Beast Boy still has his experience as a hero from both his Doom Patrol and Teen Titans days.

I also agree that Beast Boy and Raven should be older. Both of them should have been around the same age as Nightwing and Starfire.

Ultimate Member

If Vixen and Changeling (I don't like calling him 'Beast Boy,' he grew past that name an age ago, just as Nightwing isn't 'Robin' any more) have a relationship, I'd prefer it to have nothing to do with the Red, but perhaps be as simple as the two sending each other text messages when they discover a new animal ability, and are occasionally sharing that sort of info with each other, since it increases both of their versatility / utility. (And I could see Gar being the more frequent texter, and Mari being grateful for it when he uncovers the occasional gem about pistol shrimp flash-punches or platypus electrosensation or whatever, but not being as quick to send a text every time she reads something new about animals on the internet.)

And yes, Gar is, after the originals, the next most experienced member of the Wolfman/Perez-era Titans, having been a member of the Doom Patrol first, so it annoys me to see him stuck in the 'perpetually a kid' role because of Teen Titans Go.

I agree with you and much prefer the name "Changeling" - no grown-up should revert to a name that ends in Boy, Girl, Lad, etc. Especially when they already had one that wouldn't sound silly when they were 42. Though I don't think he should be discovering any new animal abilities at this point, either. I'm rather tired of power-creep, even though it has a long and illustrious history in comics books. He has his powers (I prefer them essentially as in the '80s instead of the original, where he kept his face, so maybe I'm a bit hypocritical), and they shouldn't grow any further nor should he get any new ones.

Incredible Member

I agree with you and much prefer the name "Changeling" - no grown-up should revert to a name that ends in Boy, Girl, Lad, etc. Especially when they already had one that wouldn't sound silly when they were 42. Though I don't think he should be discovering any new animal abilities at this point, either. I'm rather tired of power-creep, even though it has a long and illustrious history in comics books. He has his powers (I prefer them essentially as in the '80s instead of the original, where he kept his face, so maybe I'm a bit hypocritical), and they shouldn't grow any further nor should he get any new ones.
    While I get power creep is annoying I honestly don't think DC Comics are built to not allow power ups. Every enemy is either a cosmic level being or an super intellectuall mastermind. The Justice League are practically gods and with the villains they face, it will not allow for anyone with weak powers. Not to mention if special events happens anyone who doesn't have major powers will be fodder (then again that might happen anyway).

Nice find, They even gave her fingerless gloves. Something I always like since she can give herself claws

I think it's time Mari has a new hair style, maybe return of the micro-braids.

What I use, when I feel like trolling Wolverine fans...lol. They get so mad. They say stuff like, he can cut off her head. I reply, then he will be fighting two Vixens at once.

20200715_233906.jpg
    20200715_233842.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-15-2020 at 09:47 PM.

Mighty Member

Actually the ADULT Gar in ToT used the ANIMAL MAN...(Even I dont understand it, since there is another ANIMAL MAN in DC)....

I hope that he gets new powers, since I am a fan of dynamic and it was always my problem with DC that they arent as dynamic as Mangas/Animes...

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Actually the ADULT Gar in ToT used the ANIMAL MAN...(Even I dont understand it, since there is another ANIMAL MAN in DC)....

I hope that he gets new powers, since I am a fan of dynamic and it was always my problem with DC that they arent as dynamic as Mangas/Animes...
    Simple, Titans of Tommorow Garfield just took the name from the Original Animal Man. The Titans in Titans of Tommorow weren't good guys so you can work out how he took it for yourself .

On BB being mentored by Vixen, I liked it because its a cool new take for BB and it opens up new doors for both him and Vixen.

Here's a new informative video about Vixen made by Blerd Without Fear:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

And here is a new informative video that is Vixen-related and focuses on the African God Anansi. This video was made by Alternative Factuals:

Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi