Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
I think it'd be fun for a character to have a truly civilian supporting cast again. There aren't many of those anymore, it seems like. And most are older ones where the cast was established decades ago. I particularly think it might be a good idea for a love interest (if she has one). But if it's she's dating another cape, at least don't make it one more popular than her. Let her be the primary instead of the love interest, if you know what I mean? Don't define her as "X's girlfriend." A new civilian not associated with any other hero also means writers wouldn't have to worry about someone else wanting to do something with that character and screwing up any long-term plans. Though there is a highly likely downside of a new writer coming along and jettisoning all the existing supporting cast (happened to Wonder Woman and Supergirl so many times, and has been done with Impulse and Superboy each before, too).
That's the gamble you take with ongoing stories. I think there are advantages and disadvantages to a civilian love interests so it depends on what the writer wants to do. A superhero love interest is just an easier springboard/selling point but it can come with its own baggage. You never know what people are gonna respond too.

In terms of villians I could see the new writer just creating a bunch of new ones but you could mix in a few old favorites. Does she have any recurring villians because I think the only rogues she has are from the CW stuff. I'd probably bring in Dr Psycho, Silver Swan, Queen Bee, as they'd be fun matchups for Vixen.