Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Hopefully, if she makes it to the new Injustice she will have her own move set and not be a skin.

Also, what app are you using?
    The app is called Faceapp. It's great for reworking pictures, but I mainly use it for things like updating game models, etc. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Mari came across pretty well in The Other History of the DC Universe #1. She came across as someone refusing to let anyone put her in a box, which was refreshing. She wanted something and went for it. Dope.
    And for anyone who wants to see her crazy classic costume .

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post
    The app is called Faceapp. It's great for reworking pictures, but I mainly use it for things like updating game models, etc. Haha.
    Thank you. Again you do good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And for anyone who wants to see her crazy classic costume .
    I hate that costume but I find the story interesting...nice look at how BL life has changed.

On another note, I really wish DC would play up Vixen's tracking ability. She is perhaps the best tracker in DC and they rarely show it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

A Vixen photo manip I am working on. I still have a lot of cleaning up to do but I wanted to share it.

I also gave her Injustice 2 model a workover.

Wasn’t a fan of the original Injustice skin but it is unfortunate that giving her a more European nose and lightening her skin is a way to make her more attractive in most people’s eyes. They had already given her light eyes and straight hair. We’ve just been programmed with a very western/European standard of beauty.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Wasn’t a fan of the original Injustice skin but it is unfortunate that giving her a more European nose and lightening her skin is a way to make her more attractive in most people’s eyes. They had already given her light eyes and straight hair. We’ve just been programmed with a very western/European standard of beauty.
    Yea the only thing I really think they'd need to change (if anything) is to give her a more traditional pixie cut and defined jawline. But Vixen looked fine anyway, I didn't think her look really needs any adjustments lol. Giving her lighter skin and a more European nose is... unnecessary.

Neither I nor Chris Cross have succumbed to that programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Redjack View Post
    Neither I nor Chris Cross have succumbed to that programming.
    THIS, honestly, is the most reassuring thing about you guys' take. Power scale aside, romance aside, how she is presented as not just a black woman but as an AFRICAN character is the most important thing to me personally.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

To everyone in this thread, who would you fancast for vixen?
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Michaela Coel for me, easy. that's my go-to

I like Jodie Turner-Smith but I don't think she's really proven herself to have an amazing range but I could see her growing into the role.

Teyonah Parris would've been great but Marvel snatched her up to be Spectrum

Sonequa Martin-Green would make a good Vixen too

I would love it if they went outside the US and the UK and cast an african actress but unfortunately my knowledge of african actresses is limited I need to look into that.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-25-2020 at 06:29 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Michaela Coel for me, easy
    I heard she was a good actress and she can rock a short hair cut.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea the only thing I really think they'd need to change (if anything) is to give her a more traditional pixie cut and defined jawline. But Vixen looked fine anyway, I didn't think her look really needs any adjustments lol. Giving her lighter skin and a more European nose is... unnecessary.
    Just for the record, Vixen has never had a round face or broad nose. Mari is a high level fashion model and 99% of the time they all have European looks.

She has always been drawn within a European standard of beauty, narrow nose, slender face and semi-lite colored eyes (Later). Making me think that Zambesi was close to Ethiopia or located somewhere near North Africa where her features are more common.

I think the only thing that seems to change is her hair style and its texture. I think she probably had the most hair style of any black woman in comics.

20201125_192643.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-25-2020 at 06:30 PM.

I would pick Gail Mbalane

Or maybe a model like a Gal Gadot for Wonder Woman thing.

I heard she was a good actress and she can rock a short hair cut.
    she's very good, solid range too, she can pull off comedy, drama, I believe she's done some action roles too but I haven't seen all her stuff admittedly. Plus, she's african so I have less anxiety that about her accent and those cheekbones are otherworldly, it's like some real-life airbrush type issh. prominent cheekbones always screams "MODEL" to me

actually, if she was a few years younger, the momma (Christine Adams) from Black Lightning would be a great looking Vixen ngl
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-25-2020 at 06:38 PM.

currently following:

I would pick Gail Mbalane

Or maybe a model like a Gal Gadot for Wonder Woman thing.
    I haven't seen her stuff, she definitely looks like she could fit the part tho.

currently following:

Yaya Dacosta

I assumed that Vixen had a super-model build that would caused villains to underestimate her abilities in combat

yaya-dacosta-ew-pre-emmy-party-in-west-hollywood-09-15-2017-0.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 11-25-2020 at 06:49 PM.