Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 30363738394041424344 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

The only thing about Ben and Mari’s relationship I find troubling is that later, in Justice League Task Force, Ben gets with Cindy Reynolds (Gypsy).

That’s like being in a relationship with Storm, break up, and later get with Kitty Pryde.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The only thing about Ben and Mari’s relationship I find troubling is that later, in Justice League Task Force, Ben gets with Cindy Reynolds (Gypsy).

That’s like being in a relationship with Storm, break up, and later get with Kitty Pryde.
    I never knew Ben dated Cindy till this year and I wish I never found out.

apparently Vixen figures somewhat into the Other History of the DCU by John Ridley

https://www.cbr.com/john-ridley-othe...rse-interview/

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Luckily, most writers don't know that.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Mighty Member

Mark and John Stewart.....this NEEDS to happen.

They were soooo cute and adorable together in the JL toons. It's criminally insane that DC completely refused to follow up on it.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    apparently Vixen figures somewhat into the Other History of the DCU by John Ridley

https://www.cbr.com/john-ridley-othe...rse-interview/
    So... no black female character will star in this and if they do it's in relation to a male.

Karen's story is attached to Mal's b/c it's about them being a couple.

Vixen is a just glorified cameo in Jefferson's story.

And Anissa's story, from the interview I remember from thr, is gonna be rehashing some of Jefferson's story but with a different perspective b/c she's lgbt.

Oh the scraps.

Happy Vixen is still appearing even if it's downgraded from what it originally was when this comic was first announced.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    So... no black female character will star in this and if they do it's in relation to a male.

Karen's story is attached to Mal's b/c it's about them being a couple.

Vixen is a just glorified cameo in Jefferson's story.

And Anissa's story, from the interview I remember from thr, is gonna be rehashing some of Jefferson's story but with a different perspective b/c she's lgbt.

Oh the scraps.

Happy Vixen is still appearing even if it's downgraded from what it originally was when this comic was first announced.
    I’m not arguing with anything you’re saying. But I will say I think Mal deserved some spotlight. Especially since he was the first black hero in DC Comics, even before John Stewart.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Mark and John Stewart.....this NEEDS to happen.

They were soooo cute and adorable together in the JL toons. It's criminally insane that DC completely refused to follow up on it.
    They actually has a couple of run in...one where Mari called John a Hal fanboy. LOL

A Vixen photo manip I am working on. I still have a lot of cleaning up to do but I wanted to share it.

I also gave her Injustice 2 model a workover.

Last edited by Keyotheseasons; 11-24-2020 at 06:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyotheseasons View Post

A Vixen photo manip I am working on. I still have a lot of cleaning up to do but I wanted to share it.

Lovely artwork...

Also, thank u. I always found her Injustice face to be somewhat unattractive compared to the other heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Lovely artwork...

Also, thank u. I always found her Injustice face to be somewhat unattractive compared to the other heroes.
    Thank you. Since she was only a premiere skin for Cheetah she felt like a complete afterthought....down to her in-game model. I hope she gets a more prominent spot on the roster going forward.

You should work for NRS! They honestly have a reputation for making unattractive female fighter (face wise at least). Though there are exception (Starfire, Black Canary and Jade come to mind)

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    You should work for NRS! They honestly have a reputation for making unattractive female fighter (face wise at least). Though there are exception (Starfire, Black Canary and Jade come to mind)
    Thank you! I can't really take the credit. Haha. I used an app but I agree that NRS doesn't always do the ladies justice. I will say they improved a lot with MK11.

Thank you. Since she was only a premiere skin for Cheetah she felt like a complete afterthought....down to her in-game model. I hope she gets a more prominent spot on the roster going forward.
    Hopefully, if she makes it to the new Injustice she will have her own move set and not be a skin.

Also, what app are you using?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Mari came across pretty well in The Other History of the DC Universe #1. She came across as someone refusing to let anyone put her in a box, which was refreshing. She wanted something and went for it. Dope.