Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd say Vixen is more popular than Animal Man.
    To the general public...yes she is.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I've been imagining Vixen looking like Rihanna, just with a darker skin tone. Plus Rihanna's running her own businesses, like Mari.
    Artgerm has also imagined RiRi as Mari it would appear...

The sculpt for the statue couldn't keep the likeness however
    Last edited by Thirteen; 04-02-2020 at 02:27 AM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'd say Vixen is more popular than Animal Man.
    It’s debatable. But one things for sure she isn’t as popular as Beast boy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Nice little fine with the Vibe: Vixen editions

I know I'm gonna piss someone off but I never seen Vixen as dark skin. Again, this might comes from Halle Berry being Vixen in my head.
    I'm not an expert on Vixen's character, but I know she's African and I don't believe she is mixed. If that's true (and I think it is), it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for her to look like Halle Berry, who is obviously a mixed woman. For that matter, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for her to look like Rihanna, either. Who, again, is obviously a mixed woman.

I don't want to be a kill joy or anything, though. Feel free to imagine her however you'd like. I just thought I'd point that out since the discussion of her looks has come up.

Yeah, I tried looking up where her country was supposed to be (as not everyone in Africa looks the same), but that turned out to be less than useful (not surprising, really). My tendency is just to go with either how the character is usually rendered in the comics or go with how they were rendered in the era I first started reading them or got attached to them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampire Savior View Post
    I'm not an expert on Vixen's character, but I know she's African and I don't believe she is mixed. If that's true (and I think it is), it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for her to look like Halle Berry, who is obviously a mixed woman. For that matter, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for her to look like Rihanna, either. Who, again, is obviously a mixed woman.

I don't want to be a kill joy or anything, though. Feel free to imagine her however you'd like. I just thought I'd point that out since the discussion of her looks has come up.
    I'm sure you know this but Africans come in many different shades of blackness.

Not trying to make this in a skin color debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Yeah, I tried looking up where her country was supposed to be (as not everyone in Africa looks the same), but that turned out to be less than useful (not surprising, really). My tendency is just to go with either how the character is usually rendered in the comics or go with how they were rendered in the era I first started reading them or got attached to them in.
    Her country is actually named after a real river in Africa. (IIRC)
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-02-2020 at 12:39 PM.

Her country is actually named after a real river in Africa. (IIRC)
    I saw that. Well, after seeing she went through several country names.

Basically read the wiki entry, as I don't know much about her or the country, and am just sort of casually interested

Vixen's home country was initially called D'Mulla, but it was later changed to M'Changa. This eventually evolved into "the Zambesi nation" and later just Zambesi. The Vixen webseries addresses this discrepancy by making M'Changa a province of Zambesi.
    The exact location of Zambesi is unclear. It is usually described as Central African, but also in the shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania as well as on the slave coast of West Africa. The Zambesi River is an actual river in East Africa (flowing through Zambia and Zimbabwe). Mustapha Maksai's last name is Swahili (East African). The Tantu Totem draws from Ashanti folklore and Yoruba animism.
    So it sounds like it's a bit of all over the map to me. I don't mind fictional countries, but I do think they should have a set location. And this one sounds like a bit of a grab-bag/mish-mash of cultures/names/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    I saw that. Well, after seeing she went through several country names.

Basically read the wiki entry, as I don't know much about her or the country, and am just sort of casually interested

So it sounds like it's a bit of all over the map to me. I don't mind fictional countries, but I do think they should have a set location. And this one sounds like a bit of a grab-bag/mish-mash of cultures/names/etc.
    Overall and in my opinion, she a cool character that should be used more. Her powers alone makes her the most versatile character on the Justice League after Manhunter.

At the 7:26 mark: Obviously not teleportation at all, but could a person think Vixen was teleporting if she mimicked this ability, or mimicked the ability of a jumping spider?

Last edited by MoneySpider; 04-05-2020 at 03:02 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Speed of a jumping spider:

I love those video...

I’m always on the fence when it comes to Vixen’s abilities

On one hand, I love the variety she brings to the table with her abilities. With just a thought she can easily fit any niche in a group. Need super-strength (Rhinoceros Beetle 70 tons or more), need super-speed (Southern California mite - 1300 mph almost twice the speed of sound), need energy attacks (electrical eel or hatchet fish laser beam), need someone to tank some damage (Armored or Ironclad Beetle for invulnerability) or Heal after some damage (Flatworm or Axolotl), need a telepath (Gorilla Grodd or Red Telepathy) and more stuff I can’t think of right now. She a nice mid tier hero that can easily fit into any team.

Or

Just combine Krypto the Superdog and Gorilla Grodd and gain
    • Super strength (Class 100)
    • Super endurance, hearing and longevity
    • Super Speed (near lightspeed)
    • Super vision
    o Heat vision
    o Electromagnetic spectrum vision
    o Microscopic vision
    o X-ray vision
    o Telescopic vision
    o Infrared vision
    • Invulnerability
    • Flight
    • Telepathy
    • Telekinesis

Making her a nice counter to Martian Manhunter.
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 04-06-2020 at 01:34 PM.

I love those video...

I’m always on the fence when it comes to Vixen’s abilities

On one hand, I love the variety she brings to the table with her abilities. With just a thought she can easily fit any niche in a group. Need super-strength (Rhinoceros Beetle 70 tons or more), need super-speed (Southern California mite - 1300 mph almost twice the speed of sound), need energy attacks (electrical eel or hatchet fish laser beam), need someone to tank some damage (Armored or Ironclad Beetle for invulnerability) or Heal after some damage (Flatworm or Axolotl), need a telepath (Gorilla Grodd or Red Telepathy) and more stuff I can’t think of right now. She a nice mid tier hero that can easily fit into any team.

Or

Just combine Krypto the Superdog and Gorilla Grodd and gain
    • Super strength (Class 100)
    • Super endurance, hearing and longevity
    • Super Speed (near lightspeed)
    • Super vision
    o Heat vision
    o Electromagnetic spectrum vision
    o Microscopic vision
    o X-ray vision
    o Telescopic vision
    o Infrared vision
    • Invulnerability
    • Flight
    • Telepathy
    • Telekinesis

Making her a nice counter to Martian Manhunter.
    I'm kind of surprised that writers haven't shown her mimicking Krypto yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    Artgerm has also imagined RiRi as Mari it would appear...

The sculpt for the statue couldn't keep the likeness however
    Yeah, I was disappointed that the statue face looks nothing like the illustration face. It sort of reminds me of when those wax figures of celebrities get botched at Madame Tussauds.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 04-06-2020 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Yeah, I was disappointed that the statue face looks nothing like the illustration face. It sort of reminds me of when those wax figures of celebrities get botched at Madame Tussauds.
    I would hazard a guess is the face was altered in the final product because of the legal danger of giving a product a celebrity likeness that said celeb does not endorse nor been compensated for. DC ain’t got RiRi level money to offer.

In addition to Vixen, which other DC characters are involved in the modeling and/or fashion industry? I know Lady Godiva and Starfire were once models as well.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!