Page 22 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I wonder should Vixen (and other Red users) have the ability to sense magic, spirits, death and detect evil. For example, Superman: Doomed shows Krypto growled at Superman after he had been infected with Doomsday's cells. She should have a natural sensitivity to the paranormal.
    Well Vixen is semi-magical so I dont see why she couldn't.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovan2013 View Post
    I wonder should Vixen (and other Red users) have the ability to sense magic, spirits, death and detect evil. For example, Superman: Doomed shows Krypto growled at Superman after he had been infected with Doomsday's cells. She should have a natural sensitivity to the paranormal.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Well Vixen is semi-magical so I dont see why she couldn't.
    Yeah, being able to detect all of that stuff with her animal senses sounds right up Vixen's alley. This just adds to Vixen's story-telling potential, and there comes a time when one wonders if someone at DC Comics is purposely holding Vixen back.
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-09-2020 at 04:29 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Yeah, being able to detect all of that stuff with her animal senses sounds right up Vixen's alley. This just adds to Vixen's story-telling potential, and there comes a time when one wonders if someone at DC Comics is purposely holding Vixen back.
    I wouldn't be shocked to find out she was being held back to push Bumblebee for the cartoon. Cause you know there can only be one black male and female used a year.
    The lawsuit might have push her back into the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    The braids were lovely but that suit was bleh.
    That's pretty much how I felt. I prefer her short hair but I loved the braids too. That costume though? One of the worst I've seen. Aside from that though, she was great in this BoP arc. Kinda wish she had stuck around as a full time member.

I'm definitely interested enough to continue reading the JLA run she was in...I think it was Meltzer's. Don't know why I stopped reading that one cuz I definitely remember enjoying it.
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-14-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    That's pretty much how I felt. I prefer her short hair but I loved the braids too.....
    Same for me, both are nice but I prefer her with short hair.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Didio leaving was a godsend lol He leaves and suddenly Mr Terrific, Black Lightning, John Stewart and Vixen all get attention! Milestone returns and Cyborg gets his Titans history back (or so it seems)

I don't know, I'm getting tried of the short hair. It's not that I don't like the look, I just feel like they're making her look too masculine. She gone from long braids, to a masculine Grace Jones short natural look (see 90's Suicide Squad/JLA) to a famine Halle Berry pixie cute (JLU/JLA 2000+). All are great looks but I need something new.

I really would love to see her with something like this...

cbb55d6b-a4d5-4a81-ac76-7c79c92d2fbd.jpg
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 09-22-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I don't know, I'm getting tried of the short hair. It's not that I don't like the look, I just feel like they're making her look too masculine. She gone from long braids, to a masculine Grace Jones short nature look (see 90's Suicide Squad/JLA) to a famine Halle Berry pixie cute (JLU/JLA 2000+). All are great looks but I need something new.

I really would love to see her with something like this...

cbb55d6b-a4d5-4a81-ac76-7c79c92d2fbd.jpg
    I disagree, I don't think that short hair is masculine at all, it comes down to all the other features. If Vixen is looking like that pic the entire comic I'd say she's feminine lol. I also think that giving her natural hair is a good move from a marketing perspective. But we'll see if this look carries over to other books and mediums.

BANNED

Cool costume, but I've seen BW on youtube complain about being masculinized in the media and how that creates a unique struggle. Would also love to see a more feminine hair do-- doesn't need to be longer the photographs shown above.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Didio leaving was a godsend lol He leaves and suddenly Mr Terrific, Black Lightning, John Stewart and Vixen all get attention! Milestone returns and Cyborg gets his Titans history back (or so it seems)
    Too true! His leaving has been great for those characters.

Amazing Member

I also agree this hair doesn´t suit vixen, I mean she is still supposed to be a supermodel, right?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

HELLO!

Not sold on the hair either, would rather prefer the pixie butndamn am I happy we're finally getting something!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Another year, another appreciation thread for Mari McCabe aka Vixen.

Failed to see the thread started by moneyspider. So sorry.
    She should team up with Storm. I like the updated look of the 80's costume. The art is beautiful.

I'd like some fuller hair and the symbol around her crotch is kind of distracting, but I'm happy Mari is finally in a new story .