Page 25 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

That's a "No" on the crotch bird.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Which existing villain do you think would make a good enemy for Vixen?
    I’d say the Floronic Man would be a good one. I use to say Ivy, but they are tending more heroic with her these days. To me good Vixen villains would either be the brain over brawn type( mad scientists and mastermind types) or supervillains with really versatility in their power set.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I’d say the Floronic Man would be a good one. I use to say Ivy, but they are tending more heroic with her these days. To me good Vixen villains would either be the brain over brawn type( mad scientists and mastermind types) or supervillains with really versatility in their power set.
    I say go big or go home. I would love to see her go against Metallo. Nature Vs Machine
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I don't know, I'm getting tried of the short hair. It's not that I don't like the look, I just feel like they're making her look too masculine. She gone from long braids, to a masculine Grace Jones short natural look (see 90's Suicide Squad/JLA) to a famine Halle Berry pixie cute (JLU/JLA 2000+). All are great looks but I need something new.

I really would love to see her with something like this...

Attachment 100817
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Cool costume, but I've seen BW on youtube complain about being masculinized in the media and how that creates a unique struggle. Would also love to see a more feminine hair do-- doesn't need to be longer the photographs shown above.
    Yeah...no.

Not to discredit the woman in that photo. She's beautiful, but Vixen should never look like that. That's a light skinned, most likely mixed race, probably not even African woman (reverse image search didn't give me a name, so I'm guessing) with a different grade of hair. Vixen is none of those things. This is not to say that African women can't ever be light skinned or have anything other than grade 4c hair (because they can even without being mixed at times) but Vixen isn't like that. Plus, she's meant to be a representative of people that often don't get the spotlight. We have enough of the above representing all black women when all black women don't look like that.

Mind you, I don't think the hair is great either. A bit too edgy for a character that's meant to also be a model, I think. Not sure I really like the fade and the parting, but her hair should be short, and short hair should not be inherently seen as masculine, especially for black women. It's equally important seeing how much the natural hair movement is taking off in the black diaspora.

Lastly I'm aware of some of the spaces on YouTube and on the internet with black women complaining about being masculinized by the media. Lots of valid points (the Strong Black Woman trope needs to go) but where they lose me is when they complain about this in media that contains characters meant to be power fantasies and fighters. And a lot of their ideas on what black feminity should look and feel like is based on what white feminity looks like, and white feminity was created by men to subjugate women.

Deathstroke or Red Lion

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    That would be Redjack who also worked on Black Panther's animated run on Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    He has also done Star Trek stuff and famous for a certain CBS show called In the Heat of The Night.

I would say you got the RIGHT person to do something with Vixen.

Even if it doesn't sell-if it's as good as Mosaic was-folks will keep talking about and suddenly you realize folks are reading these books despite claims saying opposite. .
    You're thinking of Avengers Assemble. The only connection that show had to EMH was James C. Mathis III still playing T'Challa.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Didio leaving was a godsend lol He leaves and suddenly Mr Terrific, Black Lightning, John Stewart and Vixen all get attention! Milestone returns and Cyborg gets his Titans history back (or so it seems)
    DiDio leaving is certainly key, but also of note is that DC is now being run with black people at the top, with Pamela Lifford and Daniel Cherry, which is unprecedented. It will certainly be interesting seeing what they do with these characters moving forward, but it's easy to see already that their priorities differ from the previous regime's.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think i seen his name pop up one time when I was in the Black Panther thread (i don't be going over there often ngl) buthaven't really crossed paths with him much. he's the guy?
    Yeah, that's Redjack/Geoffrey Thorne. And the CBR Black Panther Appreciation thread has been Redjack's most frequent place of activity here, especially since he did the final Season of the Avengers Assemble cartoon, subtitled Black Panther's Quest. He also did Mosaic, which I loved and do recommend.

Redjack has very strong and confident opinions on his take of the Black Panther mythos; I get the feeling he feels the ship to writing Black Panther in the comics has sailed, but if he did get the chance at the Black Panther solo ongoing, there'd be a lot of things he mentioned and hinted he'd do to, add to, and change in the mythos.

(I've long-since got scared away from the Marvel BP Appreciation thread here. Found out the uncomfortable way that they don't take kindly to those who enjoy and actually love Coates tenure on Black Panther comics. )

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'm glad to know there is another Vixen story coming soon. I really hope it's well written and well received since this is long overdue. I definitely hope that DC is finally giving her the proper kind of push that she has deserved for some time now. With all that said, I don't really like this look. I'm not a fan of the animal designs on the costume; especially not the bird-crotch. Call me boring, but I always liked the plain all-tan costume she had right before the DCnU 52 reboot. I felt like that look was perfect for her. This yellow and black design just doesn't do it for me. Her hair is ok. I don't mind the way it looks here, but I do feel like it's going to be one of those styles in which artists either draw really good or really bad, with no middle ground.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I like Vixen's new look but I'm not fond of the hair.
    My thoughts exactly.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm glad to know there is another Vixen story coming soon. I really hope it's well written and well received since this is long overdue. I definitely hope that DC is finally giving her the proper kind of push that she has deserved for some time now. With all that said, I don't really like this look. I'm not a fan of the animal designs on the costume; especially not the bird-crotch. Call me boring, but I always liked the plain all-tan costume she had right before the DCnU 52 reboot. I felt like that look was perfect for her. This yellow and black design just doesn't do it for me. Her hair is ok. I don't mind the way it looks here, but I do feel like it's going to be one of those styles in which artists either draw really good or really bad, with no middle ground.
    I was never a fan of the yellow/orange and black color scheme either. Her early New 52 design in JL (not JLI) was almost perfect.

I'd like to see Vixen's Rogues Gallery consist of the following so that she has a huge variety of opponents to go up against:

Batman-type villains
    Spider-Man-type villains
    Dick Tracy-type villains
    James Bond-type villains
    X-Men-type villains
    Magical villains
    Nature-type villains
    Technological/scientific-type villains
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-23-2020 at 03:54 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    I'd like to see Vixen's Rogues Gallery consist of the following so that she has a huge variety of opponents to go up against:

Batman-type villains
    Spider-Man-type villains
    Dick Tracy-type villains
    James Bond-type villains
    X-Men-type villains
    Magical villains
    Nature-type villains

Maybe Celebrity type villains since she's a model.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Maybe Celebrity type villains since she's a model.
    Agreed. Someone like a Naomi Campbell-inspired character comes to mind, and also maybe a Kardashian/Jenner-type family where the entire family is part of Vixen's Rogues Gallery.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post
    Agreed. Someone like a Naomi Campbell-inspired character comes to mind, and also maybe a Kardashian/Jenner-type family where the entire family is part of Vixen's Rogues Gallery.

That would be entertaining. Would be relevant in the era of vlogging and instagram. Imagine a shade room parody in the Vixen comic.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?